MANA [Sarutobi Konohamaru]

By Y_Allen

A rewrite of my UCHIHA MANA story. "Remember..." The question "why" forever haunted Uchiha Mana. Every night... More

Part I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Part II
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Part III
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Part IV
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Part V
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Part VI
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Part VII
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
NOTE
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Part VIII
Chapter Sixty
Arigatou!
WINGS
NEW YEAR SPECIAL [PART ONE]
NEW YEAR SPECIAL [PART TWO]
THE NOT SO DISASTROUS LIFE OF ASADA C!
BONUS: SO TEAM
ANNOUNCEMENT!
ManaxTokyo Ghoul Crossover

Chapter Forty-Six

2.2K 84 48
By Y_Allen

"WHAT THE HELL, YAMATO-TAICHOU?!" Konohamaru exclaimed.

After retreating, Yamato brought Konohamaru, Nagisa and Itona at the cave above to hide from Shou. He made sure to block the entrance to keep the man away while they tend to Itona's wounds, and for Yamato to explain what was happening.

"Konohamaru, you need to calm down." Yamato said.

"CALM DONW?! SHOU KILLED MANA AND MIWA!"

"No, he didn't." Yamato said. "Konohamaru, there is something you need to hear. So, please, calm down and listen."

Konohamaru was forced to calm down and sit at the ground. His eyes went to Nagisa, who was helping Itona heal the wound that Shou inflicted, it was a critical wound, it left a huge hole in the middle of Itona's body, almost taking his heart, and for the Seal to heal it, it needed a lot of chakra.

"Listen, all of you." Yamato said. "Mana is not dead. She knew that this was going to happen?"

"What?" Nagisa gasped.

Yamato got out a scroll and showed the two young men. "This was the letter sent by Sasuke to the Hokage and Mana, it was about this mission. It stated about Itona needing help to protect the Miwa-hime as we get her to the Land of Snow. But it is not to save the clan, but to end it."

"I don't understand." Konohamaru said.

"The mission was for Miwa-hime to destroy what little remains of the clan's kingdom, ending the possibility of it rebuilding itself... but to do that, she would need Yatagarasu, the clan sword, which is in possession of Mana... Sasuke also mentioned that there was another Natsukasa in Konoha, and we all know who he is now..."

"Shou." Konohamaru said.

"That's right."

"But if Mana knew, why did we let him be part of the mission? Why didn't we make him our prisoner?" Konohamaru asked.

"Because Mana knew that Shou was hiding something. In the Chuunin Exams, Shou did not show any trace of him being a Natsukasa, he only said that he was a traveler's son from Iwagakure, who came to Konoha to start a new life, he showed average shinobi skills, nothing special... while Mana showed her true power. The moment we read about Shou being a Natsukasa, Mana knew that he was a part of this, and needed him to show what his intentions were."

"It's obvious! He's insane! He wants to destroy the world –"

"Iie..." Itona spoke. Itona struggled to get up, the wound on his chest was slowly stitching itself, and his body was weak due to the amount of chakra the Seal was eating. "Natsukasa Shou isn't just after the destruction of the Shinobi World... he's after Mana and me."

"Why?" Konohamaru asked.

"Because she is one of Death's Disciples." Itona said.

"Death's Disciples?" Nagisa asked, confused.

"It's an old Natsukasa tale... about Death having three disciples being the Spider, the Scorpion, and the Centipede..."

~*~

The sound of continuous beating echoed in the Tower, Shou had no doubt that it was Suzuka dealing with Mana. He didn't care, he needed Mana to be at her lowest state for him to get what he wanted. Entering the center, he saw Mana on the ground, covered in blood as Suzuka continued with her beating, and at the side was Miwa, chained to the wall, crying after Mana, begging for Suzuka to stop.

"I see you started without me." Shou said.

Suzuka stopped with her kicks and leaned on the wall.

"I got bored." Suzuka said.

"You know you're wasting your energy, right?" Shou said. "Simple beatings will do nothing, especially with her Seal's healing ability... I believe her body is trained to heal itself even with the worst injuries."

"How can I forget, I was the one who gave her those injuries. But from what I remember, even the strongest hosts couldn't heal immediately if the body has been facing the same king of trauma over and over again for days. " Suzuka muttered. "What took you so long? You're three days late."

"Had a little fight with Itona and the others, and I tried looking for them, got to say, that Yamato amazes me..."

"So, they got away?"

"Don't worry, they'll come here... Konoha ninjas are very sentimental when it comes to their teammates..." Shou said, his eyes went to Mana, who was slowly healing. "I'll take it from here, Suzuka."

"You said I get to kill her!"

"Not until I get the Centipede from her... have you forgotten? It is essential to the plan." Shou said.

"We don't need it!" Suzuka said. "I can create it! I can create a new Beast!"

"But not as strong as the original." Shou sneered. "Now, leave."

Pulling out her needle from Mana's body, Suzuka left, leaving to Shou deal with Mana. Shou bent down and helped Mana to sit up, he saw how her wounds healed quickly, leaving light bruises on her body. She truly was the Centipede...

"Hello, Uchiha Mana." Shou said. "Please, let me introduce myself properly..."

"I already know who you are." Mana said. "Natsukasa Shou."

Shou let out a chuckle, "That's right... but you don't know everything about me."

"Does it matter?"

"I believe it does, considering I'm Natsukasa Shuuya's little brother."

What?!

"I see that you're surprised." Shou said. "I was there, you know, when you killed my brother – and I must say, it was the most satisfying thing I've ever seen... truth is, I was there to kill you four, as a punishment for Shuuya since he was not able to complete the mission. But he made a proposition that lead us here and birthed to your Mangekyou Sharingan."

"What proposition?" Mana demanded.

Shou smirked, remembering that night...

~*~

"Mourning over sentimental things." A Shou said. "You really have grown weak."

Shuuya said nothing.

"I must say, I was expecting a crowd of four here... and yet, I find only one." Shou walked towards Shuuya. "So how's it going to be, should I take your seal and leave you seven days to live, or shall I cut you right now..."

Shuuya still has not said a word.

"You choose, Onii-san."

Shuuya finally turned and acknowledged the boy.

"Otōto."

"It's been a while, Onii-san. I won't be lying though, when the elders gave me the order to kill you and your three apprentices, I was quite glad. Why don't you make my job easier and not move so I could make a clean cut on your neck?"

"I thought you were giving me a choice for my death, Otōto?"

"Fine, either way, your dead." Shou stabbed his katana on the ground and leaned on it. "So, how's it going to be, quartered? Decapitation? Suicide?"

"I've always wanted to die in the hands of a beautiful woman..." Shuuya spoke.

"Tch, well my apologies if I do not live up to your expectations, Onii-san."

"Oto-san always said that a brother must not raise their sword on their own brother... it was the greatest sin. To kill your own brother..."

"Yet you killed our father." Shou yawned. "What are you getting at, Onii-san?"

"I have a proposition."

"Oh, and what is it?"

"Let me die my own way..." Shuuya said.

"Eh? The Elders would have my head if they find out that I didn't kill you and your three minions."

"Let me finish." Shuuya said. "Let me die my own way, and I'll give you the names of the people who host the Disciples of Death."

Shou's eyes widened in shock, knowing that his brother have not only stolen the clan sword, but also the three parasites of Death, their god!

"And what do I get out of this?" Shou asked.

"What the Elders have been wanting for almost a decade, to awaken the Beast... we both know that the only way to do that is for the chakra of the three disciples... if you let me die in my own way, then I will give you their names."

"Is this some kind of trap?"

"No..." Shuuya said. "So?"

"What are their names?" Shou asked.

"Naruse Suzuka, the Spiders; Natsukasa Itona, the Scorpions; Uchiha Mana, the Centipede." Shuuya said.

"And, where are they?"

"Itona ran away, so I have no idea... Suzuka left as well, probably went south... and Mana, she's on her way here."

"Courtesy of you, I suppose?"

"But you're not going to take her, not yet." Shuuya said. "Let her nurture the power, the Centipede is still has a long way to go... besides, she the one I want to kill me."

"Is this some kind of trap?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Knowing you, Onii-san... you always have some hidden intention..."

"No hidden intentions... so, let Mana kill me, and you get the three Disciples to present to the Elders... is it a deal?"

"Fine..."

~*~

Mana couldn't believe it. Shuuya sold her and Itona to Shou! And his death, it wasn't just so she could get the Mangekyou Sharingan, it was so she could nurture the Seal! She couldn't believe it, it was hard to believe it since the last time she saw Shuuya was during the war, and the man showed nothing but sincere emotion towards her.

"I wouldn't be so shocked, Uchiha Mana." Shou said. "My brother have always been a man of hidden agendas... always hiding something his sleeve so he could have all the glory..."

Iie... iie... Shuuya wouldn't!

"Now, Mana, where is Yatagarasu?"

"I don't have it."

~*~

"What do we do now?" Konohamaru asked.

"We save Mana." Itona said. "And get her away from Shou, to prevent him from summoning the Beast, then we get Miwa so she could destroy the Tower."

"Why the tower?" Nagisa asked.

"Because it's the heart of the kingdom... it's where the Beast is. Destroy that, we destroy the clan."

"So, where do you think Shou is?" Yamato asked.

"The Tower." Itona said.

"How sure are you?" Nagisa asked.

"Shou isn't the smartest person there is... I could see it when he decided to act now than later... he's impatient... and knowing impatient men, they mostly camp out near their objective place is, so it's the Tower." Itona said.

"Are you sure you're even ready for this, Itona?" Yamato asked.

Itona nodded. "I'm fine. I'm healed, and I've stored enough chakra for the battle."

"Then let's go." Konohamaru said.

"Wait." Yamato said.

"WHAT NOW?!"

"We have to send a signal."

"To who?"

"The person who has Yatagarasu."

~*~

"What do you mean you don't have Yatagarasu?!" Shou exclaimed.

Mana simply stared at him blankly.

"I don't have it."

A slap was heard at the Tower. Mana's face turned away, a scar was made at her cheek where Shou's ring have cut her.

"I don't have it." Mana said.

Shou stood up and went to Miwa. He grabbed the girl by her hair, a cry came from Miwa at the pain.

"WHERE IS IT?! WHERE IS YATAGARASU?! TELL ME OR I WILL KILL THIS LITTLE BASTARD!" Shou yelled.

But Mana stayed firm.

"Kill Miwa and your whole plan goes down." Mana said. "Am I right? Only the true blooded Natsukasa who has the Yatagarasu can call control the Beast."

Shou got out a kunai and had it at Miwa's neck.

"DO YOU REALLY THINK I'M AN IDIOT?! I CAN CAST THE BEAST EVEN WITHOUT THIS BRAT – I AM A TRUE BLOODED NATSUKASA!"

"I don't know... I'm not my brother's keeper." Mana said.

Shou's eyes widened.

"So, Sasuke has it." Shou said.

"That's right." A voice spoke.

It was a shadow that came and kicked Shou to the wall. Standing before Mana, with furious eyes, was none other than Sasuke. Sasuke was glaring at Shou as he saw what the man have done to his sister.

"Onii-san." Mana said.

"Mana," Sasuke went to get Mana. "Ikuzu."

"Iie, get Miwa... I can handle myself."

Nodding, Sasuke went to Miwa's side. He cut the chain with Kusanagi and took the girl in his arms. Just as he was to leave with Mana, a monstrous roar was heard, turning, the two Uchihas saw a great Spider standing on the wall, with Suzuka standing on the creature's head.

"This isn't good." Mana said as she stared at the spider. It wasn't the same spider as before. It was deformed, monstrous looking, and its body was deforming and forming to something.

"YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!" Suzuka yelled, charging at them with Arachne.

Seeing that Mana's attention was fixed at the monster, Sasuke ran to his sister and used Kamui to get them all out of the Tower.

Mana, Sasuke and Miwa appeared at the snowy ground of the mountain away from the Tower. Sasuke have set Miwa down, and lets the girl stand, while he went to his sister, who was still healing from the torture she faced.

"Imouto, you're not healing." Sasuke said.

"I am... it's just slow." Mana said. "Suzuka didn't let me regenerate my chakra to heal my wounds. That woman knows her way of torture..."

"Mana!"

The sound of Konohamaru's voice made Mana turn, she saw him running towards her from a cave, and behind him was Itona and Sakura. Konohamaru ran pass Sasuke and brought Mana to an embrace.

"You're alive!" Konohamaru said. "You're alright!"

"Of course, I am." Mana said.

"Mana-chan!" Sakura came. "You're hurt!"

"Sakura." Mana smiled. "You have no idea how glad I am to see you here."

"Oi, get your hands off of my sister." Sasuke said. And let her breathe."

Konohamaru immediately got off of Mana and took a step back.

"Sakura, Mana needs medical attention, her Seal isn't healing her wounds." Sasuke said.

"Hai, let's get her inside." Sakura said.

~*~

"RAAAAHHH!"

Dark Chakra tails lashed around the Tower as Shou had his temper tantrum. Suzuka, who stood at the side, simply watched as he did, angry as well as Mana once again got away.

"You were supposed to keep her here!" Shou yelled at her.

"I did, that was until her fucking brother showed up." Suzuka said. "We both know what Uchiha Sasuke is capable of, even we have no power against him..."

Shou's head slightly turned to Suzuka.

"If you want Mana, Miwa, and Yatagarasu, you need to kill Sasuke first." Suzuka said. "He's like Mana's personal body guard... always shadowing over his sister..."

Shou's hands balled to a fist.

"So, tell me, Shou how will we kill Sasuke?" Suzuka asked.

"I will kill Uchiha Sasuke." Shou said.

"Eh?" Suzuka raised a brow. "Do you want to die?!"

"Not alone." Shou said.

"If you think I'm an idiot to face Uchiha Sasuke, then you're fucking wrong! Only a suicidal maniac would do something like that!"

"Who said that you'll be facing him?" Shou turned to Suzuka.

Suzuka felt the atmosphere change. Something dangerous.

"Shou, what are you..."

"You have been very useful Suzuka." Shou said.

WHAT?! Suzuka got up where she sat, panicking.

"But our partnership must come to an end."

Dark Chakra formed around Shou, slowly forming a creature with huge wings.

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" Suzuka yelled. She had Arachne attack Shou, but the creature that Shou have created flew above Arachne and latched itself on the great spider. Arachne let out a loud screech as the creature started to devour it, and all Suzuka could do was watch in horror. Not long, the creature has completely devoured Arachne, and turned its attention to Suzuka.

"Arigatou, Suzuka." Shou said. "You have given Amon a satisfying meal... now for you..."

The sounds of flesh being torn was heard at the Tower, along with it were the screams for mercy of Suzuka. After a while, those sounds died, and what was left was the blood that was spilled at the stone pavement of the Tower.

"Come, Amon, you will need more for us to create your new form."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
22.7M 796K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
90.1M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...