Unbreakeable Bond #Project Ni...

By RhodaKadri

Nathaniel and Toun have been in love since the beginning of their first year in tertiary institutions but th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter Seven

440 107 0
By RhodaKadri

The next day Nathaniel went out to stroll the neighborhood and also hi to few of his friends. And when he returned he was astonished to see how the house was. The house was very clean, the compound was swept and the clothes he had wore the previous day when he git home was already washed and spread on the rope in the compound.

His face curled up into a broad and proud smile. He knew his mother is a very strong woman and he was right when he told Toun that she can handle herself well.

He took a seat on the bench in the veranda and looked around at the neighborhood. He really misses home. Last night, he was so happy to eat his mother food. It has been long since he last ate her food. And he was able to sleep in comfort. He also miss his bed. Every night at the hostel, he always thinks of the comfort of his bed. He have one person to thank for the short happy experience - his daughter Annabelle. There was really no place like home.

****
He went back into the house later. After taking his bath, he changed into a fresh cloth from his wardrobe. He haven't seen his mother so he went outside of the house. She was on a stool with laundry of clothes in front of her. She was almost done with the washing.

"Mommy who owns all this clothes? They don't look like yours." He asked angrily.

"My dear, you are awake. Have you eaten?" She asked.

"That is not what I asked." He said rudely.

She washed her hand with the clean water beside her. She pointed to the bench in the balcony and asked him to bring it down to sit. He quickly did as he was told.

"I'm collecting clothes from people to wash for them and they pay me." She answered his question.

"But mom, what about your market?" He asked looking hurt.

"It's not going well. The sales are poor. I can't rely on it to feed myself and to send you money for expenses." She said.

"But mom I am fine. I can manage. You don't have to do all this. I don't like this." He point to the clothes inside the big bucket. "With your condition, you don't need to stress yourself." He said despite he know she had been doing hard labor work. He hate to see her work so hard in her condition. His father would have never let her work if he was alive. And that is why he is working hard to make money to pay his school fees and to buy handbooks.

He don't want to see her work so hard just for him. He don't want to be a burden and now it seems his effort is useless. He have to work extra hard to help his mother so she can stop working so hard.

She touched his shoulder understanding his expression. "I know how you feel, I don't like this either but I got to do this. You will be done with your studies soon and you will get a good job. It's just for a little while, okay?"

He exhaled sadly but he nodded slowly.

"About yesterday, what do you want to tell me?"

He was reluctant to tell her but he thought of Toun. He don't want to be the reason why she will fail or carry her courses. He will try to convince his mother then he will think of something else.

"Mom, it's about my daughter."

"Is anything wrong with the child? Or Your sweet girlfriend is tired already and want you to take care of her." Mrs Allyson said, exasperated.

"Of course not mom. Toun is not that kind of person. She is very good and she had been wonderful with our daughter."

"And why do I feel there is a but?"

"Because there is a but." Nathaniel answered quietly. He looked at his mother to look at her reaction but it was expressionless. He have no choice but to finish what he started. "Mommy, it's getting hard for Toun to cope with her studies and the baby. She is about to enter bar school and she needs to concentrate with her studies. I don't want her to fail."

"So what are you suggesting? That I help you to take care of your child. You both put yourself in this so deal with it together." She said hoarsely and turned away.

"Common mommy don't do this. We need your help. I need your help mom. I will get a nanny to help you  with taking care of her." He told her.

"Isn't that extra expenses? You should have listen to me." She said. "When you were both having fun you didn't think of the consequences. She is your responsibility so both of you should handle it. You thought taking care of a child is an easy job. Deal with it. Next time you won't make such a mistake again."

"Bit mom..."

"Dotun...leave me be. I'm begging you. Your food is on the table." And she returned to ehat she wss doing.

"Please mom. She is your grandchild."

"I didn't ask for one now. I asked you to go and study not impregnate a woman."

"Mom."

"Nathaniel warn yourself. Don't get on my nerves." She said with a warning tone.

"I NEVER WANTED THIS!" He yelled frustrated. She was shocked he raised his voice at her but she kept quiet. "I'm sorry mommy. I'm truly sorry." He quickly apologized when be realized what he had done. And he felt guilty. "I'm sorry ma. E ma bi nu. I'm just confused and tired." His eyes became glassy with tears. "I love Toun and I will never hurt an innocent child that was why I never ask her to abort the child. I also love Anna. You will like her when you see her. After all she is your grand daughter. Please Momma. I know I have made a mistake but I don't regret it easier. Dhe is my daughter and I love. It's my mistake but it is still my greatest joy. I don't like the fact that I want to burden you with her but you are the only one that I can trust with Annabelle. You are the one who can take care of her like your own. I'm sorry I have to put you through this. I have learnt my lesson. But please mom, help me. Please."

"Please mom, help me with this. She is not abandoning our child. She just needs time for her studies now. She will visit every weekend." He begged.

She said nothing and she looked like she was thinking about what her son said. She felt for him and she realized she was too hard on him. It wasn't his fault that he fell in love. Although it will always be his fault that he git into the problem at first. But anyway, he is still her son and there was no way she was going throw to. He had already made the mistake and he knew it. The deed had been done. They have to continue with the rest of their life.

And if the thing he needed the most is for her to help raise and take care of her his child, what so hard to do in that. After all, the child was her grandchild like he said. And she love hrr son. She hate to see him suffer. He don't request much from her. He understands her condition, he manage whatever she gave to him and he had been of a good behavior since he was little. And she can't keep judging him for a one time mistake.

"I don't have a choice than to accept. I can't watch you suffer." She finally spoke up, agreeing. "And remember I'm doing this for you not her." She said. He nodded, grinning happily.

"Thank you mommy. Thank you. God bless you." He appreciated.

"Go inside and eat. Your food will get cold." She warned. He smiled, standing from his seat.

"I love you." He kissed her on the head. She nodded and she gestured for him to go. And he did with a broad smile.

That is what she wants for him. For him to be happy. And if taking care of his child will make him happy and relieve his suffering, then she is going to do it. No matter how hard it was going to be.

After all, the child is her first grand child.

****
Nathaniel left early the next day beaming with joy and he could not wait to tell Toun in person when he got to her hostel. She was the happiest lady when Nathaniel told her his mother has agreed to help her in taking care of her daughter.

The following weekend, she packed her baby belongings together with Tobi. She also packed food stuff and some clothes she had bought for Mrs Allyson.

As the day approaches for them to go to Lagos to take their daughter to  Nathaniel mom, she began to grow sad. She had grow fond of her daughter. Everyone loves the little girl and she is sad she will only have to see her at a limited time. Although she was too young and she is going to miss the child, she have no choice than to do it. Even her parent have start growing suspicious of her and she doesn't want them to find out about the child for fear of what they might do.

A week after Nathaniel returned from his home, they both leave to go to lagos. Nathaniel drove Toun new Toyota car to lagos with his daughter and girlfriend.

Mrs Allyson who had been expecting them was glad when they arrived. She was glad to see the child and she felt young again like the day she gave birth to Nathaniel late younger sister Deborah.

Although she was still cold to Toun and she didn't say much to her. Toun didn't complain because the woman was already doing the biggest favor for her. Her parents would never do such a thing. They won't even want to stay in the same room with Nathaniel for five minutes.

The night before they were to go back  to school, she sat in Nathaniel room on his bed. Nathaniel has slept on the chair in the living room. His mother would never allow him to sleep in the same room with her. She knew they had sleep in the same room together but she won't tolerate it in her house because she was still unmarried.

She sat with her sleeping child on her leg. She said some words to the child as tears flow down her cheek. She was sad to leave the little girl but she have to continue with her life. That was the besg thing she can do for Nathaniel.

The next day, Toun realized that Nathaniel mother, Mrs Allyson was nicer to her than she had been since she arrived. And she wss a bit curious why but dhe didn't ask. But remain grateful for the woman change of heart. She hoped and prayed herr parents could also feel the same way toward Nathaniel.

Mrs Allyson had saw Toun on her way to hrr room the previous night. She saw her talking to her sleeping daughter as she poured out her heart to the child. She realized that she was no different from her son. They were both suffering. Although they were happy to have her and they were doing their best as a parent to the child but they were finding it hard to cope. And she was sincerely sad to leave her daughter.

Another person who have been so glad to take the opportunity. But she was doing it half mindedly. And because of that she believed she was a good mother and she truly cared. And for that reason, she put down her guard and become more warmer to her the following day.

"You are free to visit anytime. Always feel free to come. This is your home and she is your daughter, don't forget that. Okay?" She told Toun.

She nodded. She was touched that she was nice to her after all the trouble she had gotten her son into. She didn't expect her to accept her so soon.

"I will. Thank you so much ma. I owe you for this." She said. "Thank you ma."

"You don't owe me anything. This child is ours to train together so feel at peace. Concentrate on your studies." She advised. Nathaniel smiled appreciatively at his mother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 790 12
She waited for so long to see him again, her childhood friend. After years of talking to him just through letters and in rare occasions, through the...
33.7K 9.4K 55
Demi wanted to be away from all the demons in high school as soon as possible till he met her... Oluwademilade Oriladewa is the finest of them all wi...
99K 3K 21
-Completed- We were married for a year. It was a dream marriage, and my husband was a dream man. Unfortunately, someone from his family was deadly s...
82K 17.6K 50
"Didn't you just ask me to be your girlfriend?" I asked. He flashed a smile and replied, "Yes, I did!" "Then, what are you doing with that paper and...