The Chapstick Girl

Da HoneyJewelz

"Who is she?" Damien asks, pointing at the girl who's smile instantly stood out to him. He hasn't seen her be... Altro

Authors Note
Inspiration
Yearbook
A Helping Hand
Let's Make A Deal
Average Sized
She Never Left
Shoes
Internship
His Trust
Holding Back
In A Crab Shell
Eyes On Me
Little Baby Duckling
Ice Ice Baby
Clowns
Sensei Liam
No Bueno
Athena
Boom, Boom, Whoosh, SMACK
We Are Friends
Are You Cold
Hope
Connecting The Dots
Lollipop
Uno
Greetings
Love Isn't A Crime
Liam
Snuggles
Fear
Uncomfortable Conversations
Lost Puppy
Amazing
Damien
Tension
Family Reunion
Baby Pictures
Priorities
Heart vs Brain
Once A Day
Confess
Zander
Payback
Silver Platter
Butterflies
Cool
Baby
What Is Your Problem
Bickering
SHHHHHHHHH
Celebrate
Hickey
I Tell Him
It's Gone
The Journal
Stalker
Glare
Last Chapter
Epilogue
Authors Note

Who Is She

74.7K 3.8K 2.4K
Da HoneyJewelz

Fan Cover by @danielagnzz

Damien's pov:

"Come on.... Use your muscles!!!! Do you know what muscles are? REALLY?! BE A MAN!!!!!!" Coach screams, while some...

Most...

Of us back away...

In fear.

"Why is coach going so hard on us..." The guy next to me groans, while laying down on his stomach when the coach looks away.

"Dude we did like, five push ups."

"Shut up.... Jimmy."

I hate myself for writing this.

"Shhhh!!! You are going to make us do more!!"

"What? Can't handle the heat?!"

"I have small hands, this isn't for me."

"What the fuck, tiny hands have nothing to do with pushups."

"If it's anything, it's your tiny muscles."

"Well you know what else is tiny? Your di-...."

"Hey you three, wanna keep talking and see where that gets yah?!" Coach walks over to where I was, looking at the guys around me.

The one next to me laying on the floor quickly gets back up to a push up position while the rest of them mutter a "yes coach."

I had to admit, coach trained us hard, he doesn't slack off or even use the term 'easy day.'

But, I respect him.

He's got us to where we are today, we didn't just can handed section champions, we worked for it.

Although we don't have Ashton, Zander, or Jake this year, I am confident that Luke will lead the team to the championships.

Over the summer, he worked hard...

Well, we all did.

We also got a lot of new team members, more than enough actually.

"My arms, so weak, so tired..."

"Come on, just ten more." I whisper to him, while continuing.

He was one of the newer ones this year, his name was Nick.

Although he was struggling, I couldn't blame him.

When I joined the team, I was just straight up bone, way too skinny. Well, at least that's what Zander said he recalled.

But thanks to the boys, I became dedicated to this, and was able to build up muscle strength.

As for them, I believe that college is doing them well.

Ashton always talks about what boxing is like in college, and how different it is. And at times, he does admit, it can be rough.

But he has Julie as his number one supporter, it's weird to think of a time where it was just us without her.

We like to joke that without her, Ashton probably would have gotten expelled if Julie didn't stop him from being his usual, reckless self.

Or maybe Zander would have never admitted to any of us about being gay, a topic that he at first struggled with, but now has so much pride in.

But even for me, Julie was like the older sister I never had.

She takes care of us, and it is very clear that we all depend on her, even if she tends not to realize it herself.

"Stop!!" Coach yells, before blowing his whistle. We all instantly fall to the mat, taking in deep breaths and relaxing our arms.

"Take a water break, I don't feel like calling the nurse today." He then adds, as we all head to the bench.

I walk towards my bag that was next to Luke's as he quickly types away on his phone.

"What's that all about?" I ask, as he looks up at me.

"Ella wants me to buy her chocolate chip cookies."

"Are you?"

"Do you think I have a choice?" He laughs to himself, while slightly shaking his head and texting her back.

While he does so, I grab my drink and look up at the concession stand.

I never did get to know her name.

Even though I only got to say a few words, she seemed nice.

"Isn't she so attractive?" I hear someone say from behind me.

I turn my head to see Jimmy looking up at her, licking his lips.

God, some guys can just be so horny.

Ignoring his comment, I look back up at her, he wasn't lying, she was attractive, but definitely not in the needy way that he is thinking of.

I'm pretty sure that's the only thing he sees in girls, their looks.

He's a hit and bang kinda guy, no respect for that.

He keeps staring at her until I elbow him on the rib, "Stop being creepy."

"Cmon, you know me by now, the girls they likey..." he draws out grinning, pointing to himself.

"No one says that."

"Never?"

"Ever!"

"Well they should." He turns away from me while I put down my water.

Looking back to see Luke still on his phone, I walk towards Nick, the one who was struggling earlier while doing the pushups.

"Hey, can you help me with something, you seem to know a lot of people." I ask him while he nods.

"Uh sure... what's up??"

"Who is she?" I ask, looking up and pointing up at the concession stand where she stood, smiling and laughing while talking to, I believe his name to be Liam, another newer member on the team.

"Coach's daughter?" He asks.

I nod my head, but a little surprised at that newfound information, he answers, "That my friend, is the Chapstick girl."

"Chapstick girl?" I question.

He nods his head, "You seriously never heard of her before?"

"No.... am I supposed to?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "Not really, her real name is Amber, but people call her the chapstick girl because she likes to collect chapstick."

"And she's okay with it, you know, the nickname?"

"I presume, no one really says it to be mean, it's not like she is hated or anything."

"Because she's nice?"

"Can I flick you in the forehead? Duh! You don't just naturally be put as nicest in the yearbook, you two have been getting that title for years."

"In my defense, I haven't owned a yearbook in my life!" I hold my hands up while he chuckles.

"But why are you curious, does someone have a crush on coach's daughter?" He grins.

"Why don't you just sign my death wish while your at it? Coach would kill us if he knew we were even talking about her."

"If you say so..." he draws out, but I roll my eyes.

"Anyways, another reason why I came over here is because I've seen you've been struggling. I know it's your first year and all, I just wanted to let you know that if you need help or extra practice, I'm here." I say to him.

He smiles, "Thanks Damien, I'll think about it, I know I'm not the best... muscular wise-.."

"Trust me you'll get there, if I were to show you pictures of me before I joined the team, you would probably be shocked." I laugh.

He was about to respond but coach's whistle stops him from doing so.

"Back on the mats boys, I want sit ups, ten more for each slack off." Half the boys groan, while the other half quickly make their way onto the mats, fearing the punishment of coach.

But with one last glance at her, I couldn't help but wonder.

Who really is The Chapstick Girl?

And why am I so curious to find out?

Hey guys!!!

I'm sorry it's been so long!!

I needed time to work on myself, and with time, I know I will get better.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

Thoughts??

What do you want to see happen next!!

I love you!!

~juls

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

6.1K 1.1K 39
I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I placed a hand on my crimson face and mu...
8.1K 478 36
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
801K 26K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...
522 43 16
"Marek, don't do this. Keep your captainship. I'll tell the truth about what happened and we'll both be out of the deal." "But-" "I don't know what y...