She Came Back

By BrookeDittmar93

Abigail is almost eighteen when she moves back to her hometown (Coumbia Falls) Montana. River Addams was born... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue: Five Years Later

Chapter Nineteen

1.7K 59 5
By BrookeDittmar93

Abigail's POV

"Look Abby how they acted was ridiculous but just stay. You know maybe if you'd told people before they wouldn't have freaked out so much." River explains. 

This day has been completely shot in the ass so much has happened but he's right I shouldn't let other people ruin the holiday especially for Cory and Amelia.

"Fine you're right." I nod solemnly. 

He grabs my face between his hands and kisses me softly, we head back outside to where everyone else is.

We finish eating, Cory and Amelia are happy that we're staying everyone else surprisingly seems to be too. 

I decide to wander off to the barn after River said they had a couple horses. When I get into the barn there is a black one with grey specs all over him, a brown horse, and a pure white one. I pet the first one, he licks my hand and I giggle. 

"That's Pepper, he's kind of a flirt." River chuckles I turn to see him in the doorway and smile at him. 

"He's beautiful." I tell him continuing to pet the horse, then go to the brown one. "What is this one's name?" I ask.

"Rocco." River says. "The white one is Jasmine, she's our only female now. We had one just like her, her name was Sugar." He says sadly.

"What happened to her?" I ask.

"She got out of her pen while I was cleaning stalls out and a mountain lion found her before I could." He says clenching his jaw. "Sugar was Molly's horse Jasmine is Madison's. Molly was heartbroken about Sugar for a while."

"When did this happen?" I ask confused.

"The end of last summer, I plan to get her a new horse though." He shrugs.

"Which horse is yours?" I ask.

He smirks. "The flirt."

I laugh as I pet Jasmine shaking my head. "Train him did ya?" I ask.

"Damn right I did, that horse is a total lady killer." He says wiggling his eyebrows.

I roll my eyes as I walk back towards him Amelia comes running in. "I wanna ride one!"

"Mmm how about another day cutie." River tells her.

She bows her head and pouts.

"Boy is she good at that." He says pursing his lips, I giggle and nod in agreement as I pick her up. 

"She learned from the best." I smirk and he laughs but nods in agreement.

"Take her out of here I'll saddle one up and take her for a ride, long as you don't care." He shrugs.

"Sure, I don't care I trust you." I say softly.

He stares into my eyes for a long moment. "It's about time." He whispers.

I smile in return. "Just don't like ever lie to me it'll be a deal breaker." 

"I wouldn't dream of it." He says softly.

I head out of the barn so he can saddle up one of the horses without Amelia getting in the way. Once we're outside I carry her toward's the cows to show her and she smiles.

"Moo!" She yells at them, I laugh.

"You're something else bug." I tell her. "Give me a kiss."

She smiles and pecks me on the lips. "Love you mommy." She coo's and rubs her nose against mine.

"Love you too bug." I tell her.

"Alriiighttt! Knight and shining armor is here!" River yells. I look up and he has a cowboy hat on. "Give me the kid." He says in a deep husky voice, Amelia and I both laugh. 

"Knight and Shining armor in cowboy boots?" I ask and roll my eyes.

He smirks at me. "Women love  country boys sweetheart."

I giggle as I hand Amelia to him. "Be careful with my baby." I say sternly. 

"She'll be safe, promise." He says and then he turns the horse around taking off running. Amelia is squealing and giggling in excitement as they ride away.

"Wow he's really good with her." Cindy says coming toward's me.

I nod in agreement. "Yeah he's great with her." I sigh.

"You don't sound to happy about that." She says.

"It's just ya know if something happens between us and then he doesn't see her again it's going to break her heart and I'll have to be the one to deal with the repercussions." I say worriedly.

Cindy comes over and to my surprise she hugs me tightly, I smile and hug her back. 

"Don't think that way Abigail, things may turn out good for you guys just give him a chance." She says and shrugs.

"Thanks Cindy." I say.

"Look Abby we are all terribly sorry for how we acted it was wrong. We were all just taken by surprise we didn't..." She trails off shaking her head. "Amelia is beautiful she's so much like you."

"Thank you." I whisper.

"Still friends?" She asks.

I laugh and nod. "Yeah." 

"Cool." She says.

We walk back toward's the others after a little bit Amelia and River come riding back through the yard Amelia has the hugest grin on her face it's adorable.

They go to the barn to put Pepper back and then come over to the rest of us. "You have been promoted to cowgirl." River tells her putting his cowboy hat on her, she claps excitedly and giggles. "Mommy it was so much fun!" She squeals.

I laugh and nod. "I bet, you were going super fast."

"Yeahhh!" She hollers giving me devil horns River laughs.

"What are you teaching my daughter?" I ask River giving him the crazy mom look.

He gives me an innocent expression.

"Devil horns are cool mom." Amelia says crossing her arms over her chest, I laugh and shake my head River wiggles his eyebrows at me and sets her down.

*********

 Once it's about 10 PM the boys go way out in the field and start lighting off fireworks, they're actually really good for store bought. I'm not sure where Greg found them but they're awesome. The music is turned up over the noise of the fireworks.

Amelia is smiling at the fireworks. "Sooo prettyy mommy!" She says, she sounds tired.

"You tired baby?" I ask.

"No." She says as she yawns.

"Are you sure?" I chuckle.

"Maybe a little." She says resting her head on my shoulder. 

After about twenty minutes River comes over to me and grins wickedly. I laugh at his expression he looks like a toddler who got locked up in a candy store. "Having fun?" I ask.

"Come on admit it they're pretty good." He says and another round goes off.

I smirk. "They're okay."

He chuckles. "I can't believe she can sleep through the noise." 

"Is she sleeping?" I ask trying to look.

"Yeah she is." He nods. "You wanna go home or I can take her into the house?" He asks.

I look around Cory is sitting on Vanessa's lap sleeping too. "I can take you home Abby." He says softly.

My gaze meets his I can see that he doesn't want me to leave but he will take me home if it's what I want, but it isn't what I want.

"N-no I wanna stay, I'll take her in why don't you relieve your mom and grab Cory instead." I tell him, he smiles and walks over to grab Cory off his moms lap.

We head into the house carrying them up the stairs, putting them in a small bedroom with two small beds in it.

I lay her down cover her up and kiss her on the head, I start walking out when I look back he is bent over kissing Amelia on the head. He straightens up and comes after me. 

We go back outside with everyone else, Greg is now to the explosives I laugh as the boys start blowing up things making loud noises.

Vanessa is rolling her eyes at them, I giggle as I sit down beside her.

The song R.O.C.K in the USA comes over whatever speakers he has in his home made garage. River comes dancing towards me I laugh and shake my head at him. "Noway, this song is ancient."

He grabs me out of the chair and starts spinning me around I laugh. He keeps one hand in mine and the other around my waist. The way he is looking is making me feel such strange things. I feel like there are fireworks shooting off inside my entire body just like the ones they'd been lighting off. 

We move around in the dark to the song as fireworks and explosions continue through the night sky. It's a pretty amazing end to such a horrible day it seems to make the moment more special knowing he's the reason the entire day wasn't a tragedy.

(River)

(Abigail and Amelia)

A/N stay tuned i think you're gonna like the next chapter! 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 5.3K 35
Lance always the one to love a woman and leave her unable to fall in love because of a past that he doesn't speak of but when he begins to have unexp...
751K 16.1K 33
Briar has to move to a new place with her mother after she has found a new job. One that can benefit both of them. She now has to go to a new school...
69.9K 1.2K 39
Aria Giovanni is an independent and shy 17- year old who begins her journey by moving from London to New York with her mother and step father, but mo...
22 1 4
Gia fears for her life when she finds out her innocent stepbrother, Nate, is involved with dangerous business. Nate swears to protect her after Nate'...