Not The Last {Rough Draft}

By EmilySeifert

~Thank you for the continued love for this series! I was 13 when I began this book, and am now taking the tim... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Supplies
Chapter 3: The Hospital
Chapter 4: Felix
Chapter 5: Betrayal
Chapter 6: Collapsed
Chapter 7: Separated
Chapter 8: Not The Last
Chapter 9: Backstories
Chapter 10: Busting Noses, Specifically Trent's
Chapter 11: Crazy People and That Boy
Chapter 12: Happy Birthday To Me
Chapter 13: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 14: Stay Strong
Chapter 15: Leaving Town
Chapter 16: Faster, Stronger, Bigger Zombies
Chapter 17: A Silver Lining
Chapter 18: Drowning Is A Bad Way To Die
Chapter 19: Ashley Stops Me
Chapter 20: When it rains, the CIA is there
Chapter 21: Empty And Not So Empty Threats
Chapter 22: Nightmares Are A Side Affect Of Trauma
Chapter 23: Rooftop Run
Chapter 24: Reunited With Old Enemies
Chapter 25: Hacking Into Systems
Chapter 26: The Granges'
Chapter 27: Zombie Dogs
Chapter 28: Zombie Bites and Familiar People
Chapter 29: Turning
Chapter 30: Withstanding Zombie Bites
Chapter 31: Tempers Rising
Chapter 32: The CIA Returns In Full Force
Chapter 33: Grenades Are Back In Fashion
Chapter 34: The Broadcast
Chapter 35: Working Together
Chapter 37: One Or The Other
Chapter 38: Out Smart The Smart
Chapter 39: Chopper Stopper
Chapter 40: Destroying And Destroyed
Chapter 41: We've Been Broadcasted
Chapter 42: Giving In
Chapter 43: Torture Exercises
Chapter 44: Rescue Mission
Chapter 45: Hunting Expedition Success
Chapter 46: Game Of CIA
Chapter 47: The Hour Journey
Chapter 48: Averageish Beach Goers
Chapter 49: Celebrating Peace
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Chapter 36: Sleep Is For The Weak

1.8K 120 23
By EmilySeifert

  Felix yelled in pain and I felt a slight pierce in my side. I looked down and saw the bullet did little less than a grazing and I was bleeding slightly. I shook it off and rushed towards Felix who was lying on the ground, bleeding heavily right above his armpit.

  "Cory what the hell!" Nile yelled and glared at Cory. That's when I realized that Nile didn't know who Felix was. He didn't know just what had happened. And evidently, I forgot it at the very moment because before I knew it, Nile and Darwin were being held at gun point.

  "Okay any of you make a move and they die. Get it?" Felix asked. He had his teeth gritted in obvious pain and was still bleeding.

  "Felix-,"

  "Shut up! Do you know how long it took me to find you? Do you know how long it took to convince Cory to help me? Do you even know how hard I worked for this?" Felix busted out. I shut my mouth.

  "Why are you doing this?" I asked quietly.

  "Nobody messes with me. That's why," Felix muttered and switched the gun from Nile to me, keeping an eye on Darwin.

  "Cory, get me my knife. I do believe it's outside," Felix said with an evil grin. I felt my face go white and I stopped breathing.

  Cory didn't argue, probably from fear. He just stood up and went out the back door. A moment later he came back in with his hands stained with blood and an extremely bloody knife.

  "Thank you," Felix said in a mocking way and snatched the knife from Cory, switching the gun he had pointed at me. He then wiped the knife off on his shirt and held it to my neck. He lowered the gun from Darwin.

  "Astrix, who is this guy?" Nile asked. His face was pure white and that's when I realized the bloody gap in his arm.

  "Yes Astrix. Who am I?" Felix sneered.

  "An asshole," I said with pure hatred.

  Felix stared at me and I felt the knife pierce skin. He dropped his gun from Darwin and was right in front of me. Though he kept casting glances at Darwin and Nile. That's when Darwin connected with my gaze and I knew what I was going to do.

  "During the last four, almost five, months, how long have you been with these people?" Felix asked.

  "Hey, remember the first thing I ever said to you? I think it was something along the lines of "Screw you". Then again I could be mistaken because that was an awfully long time ago," I said and I could feel liquid go down my neck. Felix had me up against a wall and we were three inches apart.

  "I could slice open your neck, Scar Face," Felix said. That sparked rage in me and I brought my leg up, which Felix was obviously expecting because he grabbed my arm and pinned it against my back the wrong way. This brought the knife away from my neck.

  "I will break your wrist," Felix said quietly. Felix still didn't have all his attention trained on me so I did the only thing I could.

  "Go for it," I whispered quietly.

  The next thing I knew was there was a pain in my wrist. It was at the breaking point. That's when Darwin sprang into action. Felix kicked out at Darwin who was already at Felix's back. He connected with Darwin's leg and Darwin ran into me.

  I fell to the floor and landed on my stomach. There was a thump besides me and Nile was on the ground. Blood loss.

  "It's just us, CIA," Felix said. He was face to face with Darwin.

  "Are you sure about that?" Darwin asked and at that moment the door flew open and Morgan, Kyle, Trent, Van, and Ashley were standing in the doorway. Morgan and Kyle's mouths dropped open when their eyes landed on Felix.

  "Don't move," Felix said, but that's when I noticed that his words were slurring. Once again, blood loss bitch.

  Kyle saw his options and had a gun out.

  "Not again, bitch," Kyle said and blood sprayed from Felix's body. Three, four, five shots. And then Felix landed on the ground.

  "Astrix!" Kyle said as he snapped out of his trance. He immediately went for my wrist and I moaned.

  "Oww! Don't touch my wrist!" I said through gritted teeth.

  "Oh gosh here let me help you," Kyle said.

  "Kyle, it's a sprain wrist, not a bullet wound," I said and then my gaze snapped up and I was off the ground and by Nile instantly.

  I flipped him over and looked at his wound. It was below his shoulder and was still bleeding heavily. Before I could think Darwin was besides me and was holding bandages.

  "How," I asked and took the bandages from him. "Do you do that so fast?"

  He pointed at himself. "CIA agent."

  I wrapped Nile's arm in a matter of seconds and was up again.

  "Miranda!" I yelled and ran out the door. Miranda was lying on her back, her eyes closed and she was breathing quickly and shallowly.

  "Miranda, you can't die. Not know. I need you," I said. There were tears streaming down my face harder and faster then ever.

  "We can try this," Darwin said behind me and I turned. He was holding a small container.

  "It's a special medicine we use. It heals things twice as fast and works better than a lot of things. It might work," Darwin said and I snatched the container from his hand. I turned back to Miranda and applied the medicine to Miranda's wound.

  "You do know, this is probably not going to work, right?" Darwin asked. I nodded through my haze of tears. Darwin scooped up Miranda and brought her to one of the bedrooms.

  "Astrix?" Kyle said tentatively.

  "What?" I sobbed and wiped my eyes.

  "You should come inside. Try to get some sleep," Kyle said. I stood up and walked to him.

  "My best friend was just stabbed. She could die. Nile has a bullet in his arm. Cory is a traitor. I'm not sleeping," I said. It was probably one of the truest things I had ever said.

  I felt a flash of pain go through my head and remembered the blow Felix had done on me. The pain had been there the whole time, but the adrenaline masked it.

  "What did he do?" Kyle asked and his eyes darkened.

  "He's dead now. It doesn't matter. Listen, I want out of here. I want Cory locked in a room and do not let him get out. I'm not staying in this house tonight," I said and Kyle nodded and led me back inside. I rubbed the back of my head subconsciously.

  "I saw that," Darwin said. I glared at him as he half grinned at me.

  "Shut up. I'm fine," I said and walked around Felix.

  "Mmhmm, sure," Darwin said and rolled his eyes.

  Kyle told Morgan, Van, Trent, Darwin, and Ashley that we were going to find another house for the night.

  "Where is Cory?" I asked. Trent nodded towards a room and I nodded, which sent a shock of pain through me.

  When we finally found the next house we were staying at, everyone was exhausted. Trent and Van had carried a somewhat conscious Nile between them and Kyle carried Miranda. Ashley and Darwin kept a close eye on Cory.

  "I'll take watch," I said and sat in the cushioned window seat that was in the living room.

  "Uh, no. You need to sleep. Especially with that head," Darwin said. I waved him off.

  "I thought sleeping with a concussion is bad?" I asked.

  "It's only bad if it's a new concussion. Recovering ones need sleep," Darwin said.

  "I can't sleep. I won't sleep. I'm sorry. I'm not sure if I'm going to wake up tomorrow," I said. My eyes burned but I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep.

  "Fine. At least let me wrap that wrist," Darwin said. I sighed and held out my right hand. Yeah, my RIGHT hand.

  "Um, ow?" I said as Darwin bent my hand.

  "I have to, I'm sorry," Darwin said and did it again.

  "That's a fracture, not a sprain," Darwin said after he was done testing my wrist and wrapping it in gauze.

  "Wonderful," I mumbled and glared at my wrist.

  "Try not to stress it, alright?" Darwin asked and I nodded. "Okay well, I'm exhausted. Try to get some sleep, please?"

  "I'll try," I lied and Darwin gave me a small smile and turned to go to bed. As Darwin shut the door to his room I took out my gun and held in in my right hand. I wasn't about to risk getting injured again.

-----

A/N

Well... Unfortunately Felix had to die. If he was still alive later it would have effected stuff... So sorry Felix lovers.

Sorry guys, I would have updated earlier but yesterday there was the first dance of the year then I went to my friend's birthday party and spent the night. Then this morning I went to my other friend's house because she was visiting from Arizona and it was the first time I had seen her in five months!!! Ahh so here's you gos. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 380 32
‼️****MATURE CONTENT****‼️🔞 Book One (1) I covered myself immediately but his hands were just as quick as he pinned my wrist. How could he be so cal...
34 9 20
I am available on wattpad and royaroad too the world was normal at first for commoners, then zombies everywhere story follows a teen surviving the n...
2.6M 151K 46
(Book 2) Community connotes safety, togetherness. But does it? When Bailey and Chloe head back on the road, they come across strange markings belongi...
230 2 3
•Zombie Sci-Fi, Erotica, And Romance• The world is nearly gone and ripped to shreds all thanks to the government. What the hell did they do? I really...