Matt & Doe | Complete

By writing_slowly

"Where'd you grow up?" "I can show you," Matthew shrugged, "But leave your questions at the door." ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 9 cont'd
Chapter 10
Chapter 10 cont'd
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12 pt.2
Chapter 12 pt.3
Chapter 13
Chapter 13 cont'd
Chapter 14
Chapter 14 cont'd
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 cont'd
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 26 cont'd
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Matt & Doe On Inkitt!
Faith Alive Awards!

Backstory

1.3K 55 8
By writing_slowly

General POV

By the time Doe was eleven years old, she found herself taking care of an Alzheimer's-struck, elderly man.

She had been living most of the time with her closest friend Ashley, and her family after her young mother decided she couldn't take care of her anymore.

She also worked part-time with a group of problematic individuals. It was a household whose income & family unit was slowly collapsing. That was the home she was paid to visit every day. Doe helped out until this home wasn't better off itself. The eldest, a son, was never at home, the daughter found her way into the stripping industry and the mother was simply a traitor to her kin. It hadn't always been that way, but when it became that, it stayed.

Nevertheless, Doe worked her way through schools until she was on her own. Meanwhile, the elder of that house, who she had spent most of her childhood caring, died three years ago.

May he rest in peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 15.4K 25
Blossom and Bloom Graceful and Tender - She couldn't believe her ears, or her eyes. Her husband, the man she loves, the father of her unborn baby, wa...
54.5K 3.2K 31
Ember Price is just trying to getaway. Gabriel Stephens is carrying the weight of the world. They met when she was just sixteen and had just started...
109K 5.2K 69
"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks like you parading your egos around. So...
185K 9.2K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...