Institution for the insane

By fandom-trash-

Your new job. An all male jail. Seemed easy enough. Wrong. They haven't seen the outside world in years let... More

D I S C L A I M E R
O N E
T W O
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N

T H R E E

349 15 2
By fandom-trash-

The next day you woke early, eager in a way to converse with the other cell mates.

So far the majority of the men you'd locked eyes with you couldn't understand what precious looking souls like themselves would be doing in jail. It didn't make sense.

It was frustrating. They could be married with kids, kissing their wife or husband. You were determined to turn them into something greater, make the re-offending percentage go down.

The perk of this job is that it's so rewarding afterwards, when you physically see a bad person change, want to change. The smile on their face when they leave the hell gates, and all that you can hope is that they don't do something vile again.

You munched on your breakfast whilst driving, humming along to the radio music. Days like today were your favourite, you loved thunder storms and the rain. It was relaxing and comfy when you can just lie in bed wrapped up in 50 blankets with a hot drink, today you have work, which is still fine just means you unfortunately can't do that till you get home.

The song finishes and a man speaks about any news. 'Local jail break out' your eyes widen and you turn the volume up. 'A reported 3 men escaped Saint Killer Prison last night and were last seen driving in a white Toyota car. We ask people to come forward if you have any more information.'

You breathe out, glad it's not the prison you work at. Obviously the case is still concerning but you're slightly relieved.

You nod to the guards at the front and show ID. Today will be a good day hopefully, you'll get to actually speak to some of the inmates and observe them.

You read off a schedule and your first thing to do is have a little chat to someone called Jung Hoseok, ask him a few questions. You walk down the halls to find cell number 78.

Inmates aren't allowed out of their shared cells until 11:00am. After then they are free to wonder about and play, do what prisoners do. At 8:40pm they are locked back up until 11:00am the next day. Apart from the solitary confinement personals, tough luck.

You unlock the door with the help of a guard and step inside.

There is roughly 12 or so men in this cell. More than what you were expecting. You nod to them. Most just stare or whisper to each other. Some speaking in other languages. Probably mocking you.

"Jung Hoseok." You speak and a boy raises his hand, he's sitting ontop of a bunk bed with his legs tucked up into his chest.

"Do you wanna come down or am I gonna have to go up there?"

He shakes his head. Not giving you a clue if he means 'no, I'm not coming down' or 'no, don't come up.'

You blink at him. Expecting a further answer. A verbal one maybe.

You sigh and climb up to sit on the opposite side of his bed. He crosses his legs and stares at you.

"So, I'm gonna be seeing you pretty regularly. When I ask you questions I'm going to need verbal answers, okay?"

"Yes." He grumbles.

"My name is y/n." You smile and he nods. "Can I ask how long you've been here, Hoseok?"

He thinks for a moment. "Hmm bout 7 years. Still got another 8 years left."

You're shocked. What in the holy hell did he do?

"I see. That's a long time, what exactly did you do to earn yourself 15 years?"

"I don't really like speaking about it.." he paused and scratched his head. Debating whether he should say it or not. "But I pretended to be a doctor and gave a pregnant women lethal drugs because she believed they were gonna help for her stomach pains. She and the baby died within 2 minutes."

You nod. "So do you regret what you did? In all honesty you don't seem very remorseful."

"And who the fuck are you to say that? Huh?" He snaps, lunging forward slightly before restraining himself.

"Look here, I'm doing my job and you and I are going to be seeing a lot more of each other so you're going to have to get used to questions I throw at you."

He huffs. "I do regret what I did, only because now I'm stuck here for another 8 years."

"See this is what I'm going to fix, I don't want you regretting what you did only because now you're stuck in the karma. I want you to feel guilty for doing what you did to an innocent woman and her unborn child and change your mind. I'm not going to waste my time so are you willing to do as I say?" You're both staring each other down and you're not going to back away so easily. Not even when the sound of other men shouting is distracting you.

"Fuck off.." he bares his teeth at you.

You bite the inside of your cheek. "Fine. Just so you know doing this with me can help reduce your sentence, but only if there is visible progress. Guess I'll leave." You have a smug grin on your face because this is too good of an opportunity for him to pass up.

Your hand is on the cold metal door handle and all the other men in the cell are waiting for Hoseok to answer, at least they're smart.

"Can I do it instead?!" A boy calls. "If there's a way I can get out of here quicker then I'll do it."

"And you are?" You turn to face him.

"Kim namjoon ma'am."

"Please, don't call me ma'am just call me y/n. I'll see what I can arrange, or you can take Hoseok's spot... so Hoseok, you want to grumble and swear at me or do you want to reduce your time?" You put your hands on your hips.

"Reduce it." He speaks quietly. "Good, now get down from the bed and come with me."

"Namjoon I'll see what I can do for you. I'll come back here tomorrow if I can do something for you." You smile and he nods.

Hoseok is released from his cell half hour early and walks down the halls with you. Many of the males whistle as you walk by.

"Get em seok!" A black haired boy yells, cheering him on with a smirk.

You turn to Hoseok, a smirk on his face after that comment. "That what they call you here?"

"Nah, he's just a good mate. He actually recently got transferred here."

"Oh really, where from?"

"Saint Killer Prison. He tried to escape so he had to be moved."

"Ahh, I heard on the news three more people escaped from there last night." You inform him even though he most likely doesn't care. The more you two can get along and converse the easier things are for you.

"Yeah I know, I'm friends with one of them. Yoongi is his name. People from his gang call him Suga though."

Right. So there's gangs round here as well. You need to be mindful of that.

"Christ. You certainly know a lot of law breaking people don't you?"

"That I do, all my friends are in here actually apart from Suga. But he'll probably get caught and be transferred here." He laughs lightly thinking about his friend.

He has a bright smile and you smile too. He seems like he would be such a great person if he wasn't caught in this mess.

You walk down some stairs. "So you and your friends all in here for the same crime or..?"

"Nope. Not even close. We all did some fucking badass shit though, just on our own." He grins again.

"So how many friends exactly?" You question.

"Six. There's Suga, jin, Jungkook, Taehyung, namjoon and Jimin."

The majority of those names sound familiar.

"Isn't namjoon the one back there from your cell?" Hoseok nods.

And Taehyung is the one Jimin warned you about so much. You still remember his smug grin when he told you you wouldn't last a month here.

"I've heard Taehyung is bad news." You open a door to an office and let Hoseok step in first before closing the door.

"Hm he is. But he's like a brother to me. Unfortunately I don't see him a lot because he's in solitary confinement. He's not allowed to come out, only for an hour a day but even then he's not allowed in the same area as the rest of us." He admits.

"Sorry, must be hard." You sympathise. Even as a criminal it must get lonely for Taehyung. Your mind might change once you hear just what he's done though.

"Mind if I ask what he did?"

"Sorry not my story to tell. He hates when other people share his secrets."

"Fair enough."

"No one knows what he's done apart from me and my other friends. The only reason he was caught was because someone nearby heard screaming and called the police. He refuses to expose what he's done. That's also why he is in solitary because he won't fess up what he's done."

"Right. Anyway back to you, let's start with some easy questions." You open your notebook.

"Why did you do it?"

"Why not?"

You arch your brow at him. "What? I'm answering am I not?"

"Do you actually want to reduce your sentence? Or do you just want to fuck around with me?"

"Fuck around. Definitely fuck around with you." he smiles like a proud little boy.

You realise the double meaning. "You know saying things like you've done now can get you into solitary confinement. All I have to do is tell the person in control."

"Damn you need to learn to not be so serious, you're just like namjoon." He scoffs.

"Oh well then maybe I should have taken him with me instead of you? Good luck for the rest of your eight years." You give him a fake smile and stand up, opening the door for him.

"Maybe you should have." He huffs flattening out his uniform.

God just when you thought you were getting somewhere with him he does this. You're getting so frustrated but you shouldn't, this is your job. Of course he wasn't going to bend over for you on your first day of speaking.
———————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 975 13
Jin is a 25 year old man whose wife has recently left him. He finds himself struggling to deal with being newly single and continuing to have a relat...
146K 4.3K 14
He's a bad boy with a bad attitude and I'm a good girl with a bad temper. Who would've thought that this bad boy was interested in someone like me an...
508 44 38
Warning : Mature content Synopsis : An offer which dragged me back to the past I was running from many years "It's high time you fucking act like...
324K 4.2K 52
Warning: MOSTLY DIRTY QUESTIONS! For all the dirty minded people out there, this one's for you, but don't say I didn't warn ya...