Winter ➳ Byler ♡

By peachyFinnWolfhard

"It's cold Mike please come inside". Will shivered in the freezing cold watching Mike storm down the steps an... More

December
December (part 2 of last chapter)
December (pt. 3)
December
December (part 2)
December
December (part 2)
December
December
December
December
December
January
January
January
January
January
January (part 2)
January
January
January part 2
January
January
January
January (part 2)
January
February
February
February
February
February
February part 2
February
Not an update (please read)
February
December 1986
December 1986 (part 2)
December 1986
December 1986
December 1986 (part 2)
December 1986
I am so so so so sorry 💔

January

4.9K 136 642
By peachyFinnWolfhard

"Have any....sevens" Will looked longing at his cards before using the luckiest number from his selection. Can't go wrong with seven.

Will and Richie spent most of their days in the corner of the library Mike and Will use to share. Everyday after school they'd play a quick game of cards or chat amongst themselves. The brunette thought it made no sense to just sit in there all by himself so he decided since he and Richie were spending so much time together, it was appropriate to share the space with a game of go fish. To Wills surprise many people don't know about this great peaceful corner of the Library. It's useful for just about everything, crying, reading, card games, chess games a damn nap. You name it.

"Go fish, you look cute today" Richie casually shuffled through his cards but with that sly smirk on his face it gave away that he knew exactly what he was saying and doing.

Will almost choked hiding his flushed cheeks which seemed to always be burning these days.

"Will looked behind him shyly as if to say "Youre not taking to me, are you?" He watched as Richie pushes his thick Frames back up to the bridge of his scrawny pale nose plastered with freckles. It still shocked Will how much he resembled Mike, which only made it much harder to pretend his best friend doesn't exist, but that isn't the only reason it's been a challenge. He would sometimes notice how Mike will take an unnecessary path to his classes through the halls and it just so happens that it's the same route Will takes to his classes. Will was well aware that there was no other reason for Mike to be walking through that side of the school other than to see the boy, Will didn't mind it though. Everyday exactly forth period they'll walk past each other and brush shoulders. Will decided not to acknowledge any of this out loud, to instead just go with it.

"Geez Will don't make me say it again" Richie gave him a bashful grin.

Will only giggled in response then got quiet once he remembered the thing he wanted to so badly ask Richie ever since they kissed so passionately. He looked down on his lap. "Can I ask you something?"

Richie paused the shuffling of the cards and looked at the flustered boy.

"Go for it" Richie looked ready to hear whatever it is that Will had to say, he always was willing to listen to him which the boy appreciated since the brunette has always been shy and nobody took the chance to really hear him out, besides Mike of course...but he isn't an option right about now.

The small boy cleared his throat and sat up uncomfortably in his chair taking in a deep breath to prepare himself for what he's about to ask "A-Are you gay Richie"

Will noticed how the boys body stiffens up as stiff as a rock, but then suddenly he loosens up and slouches in his seat. "I play for both teams" he confessed with a look of embarrassment. Will can't blame him since he himself isn't completely understanding or ok with his sexuality thanks to the non-openminded kids in this hell of a school.

Will smiles and grabbed Richies hand. A brave move for him. This makes the taller one look at him through the thick lences "I won't tell if you won't. deal?"

Richie squeezes Wills hand in response and from then on Will felt as if he can trust Richie with absolutely anything in the world.

On the other side of the library sat Max and Mike. Originally they planned to do their bio project together, but Max spotted Richie and Will playing cards on the other side of them across the large room. So here they were guiltily ease dropping on the two but Max called it keeping an eye out for Will because they cared. A large anatomy book was propped up in front of the red head and raven hair, they occasionally peered over it to take a swift glance at them. "I cant believe out of all people in this entire school Will picks Richie to get all buddy buddy with" Max whisper screams to Mike who is busy trying to hear what they are talking about. Mikes heart sunk like a heavy rock in water at the sight of their hands tightly wrapped around one another. "Why are they holding hands? That isn't allowed in school" Mike looks back to max with furrowed brows "Is it?"

"Wheeler? are you jealous. Do I hear jealously" Max smirked teasingly, poking at his sides the other one squirming at her touch to his ticklish spot. Only Will knew about where he was most ticklish, and I guess now Max too.

"Cut it out, I'm not jealous ok" Mike swatted her hand away and nervously chuckled holding the back of his neck that was now burning from the sight of Will and Richie with interlocked fingers and all the teasing Max was doing.

Max shook her head staring at Mike's uncomfortable state. She dropped the jealousy thing. She definitely will bring it up sometime in the future for the fun of it.

"I don't want him around that scum bag. You know better then anyone how I feel about Richie, he really hurt me" Max looked over the book again. She was fuming. Mike took notice of this and laid a hand on her shoulder to calm her.

"Richies dangerous Max, you gotta tell him what happened"

"I've never seen him so happy though, the last time he smiled like that....well he was with you Mike" Max nudged his side making the boy shift uncomfortably.

"I don't know about that Max, I've been an asshole to him lately.He probably wants nothing to do with me" Mike let his thoughts consume him. He missed his best friend, he missed the way they held hands whenever Wills small hands grew cold and he would use Mikes hand as a means of warmth. His eyes would twinkle like stars when he talked to him, Mike adored those moments almost as much as he adored the boy himself. It was a bitter mistake letting Will go the way he did. This heartrending feeling burned him from the inside like shock waves. The saddened boy shook the memory's and thoughts from his mind brining his attention back to Max who was waving her hand in front of his face.

"Hm what?"

"Earth to Mike, they left. We can go now" the red head already had her backpack on skateboard in her left arm.

Mike grabbed his bag too heading out the library walking side by side with Max. He was still lost inside his thoughts.

Max put a hand on Mikes shoulder and softly  squeezed it, she could see he was hurting about something. Max definitely isn't the soft sentimental one of the friend group consisting of Mike, Will, Lucas and Dustin but when it came to her friends or the people she loves the most. She'll become a puddle of hugs and kisses for them, and the fiery red head will burn out and be nothing but pure love no sass talk no roughhousing just complete and utter love. "Don't worry Mike I'm gonna talk to Will about Richie"

Mike didn't want to seem like he cared about the friendship between the two, or perhaps something more he rather not take it in that direction, he does care though more then Will will ever know, but he is the one who pushed a huge space in between their friendship for just one girl in his life. It would be pathetic to go running back and Mike was afraid of somehow getting turned down. "You don't have to tell him anything, it's not like I care anyways Will can talk to whoever he please"

"Mike he's your best friend you have to help hi-

"Max he'll be fine alright, they look happy together may as well leave them be" Mike opened his locker fiddling with the lock then pulling it open tossing his books in carelessly.

Max crossed her arms. She was furious but Mike still wasn't ready to release his bottled up feelings. "Fine Wheeler that's just so great of you to forget about someone who's been there for you through thick and thin, seriously Mike you don't deserve Will as a friend" She spat hurtful words but it was nothing but the truth. With rage she pushed the school doors open and took off.

Mike closed his locker and rested his forehead against the cold metal.

Just as he was about to leave, a pair of hands were over his eyes that were brimming with tears that he wouldn't let fall.

"Guess who" It took everything in him to forget about Will, and Max's haunting words. Mike didn't want to deal with El asking him what was wrong because it would eventually all blow up in his face if he told her how he really truly felt.

"Hmm is it the worlds cutest girl" Mike turned on his heel and gently removed her hands from her his eyes and looked down at the smiling girl.

"Looks like I was right" Mike brightly grinned pecking her lips as a way of saying hi.

She cupped his face and frowned."Theres something wrong isn't there" she probably notice his glossy eyes that were slightly reddened.

"No...why do you think there's something wrong" Mike was a bad liar and Eleven can clearly see right through him.

"Come on we are going to my place" she dragged the tall boy behind her going straight for the doors causing the him to internally groan. Time to time Mike wished that Eleven would just stop being there all the time right by his side, but she was also really good to him, she helped him with his homework, always made sure he was happy and okay. Mike appreciated that.

"My dad should be here soon to pick us up. As soon as we get to my house you're telling me whats wrong" she looked up at him with a demanding but soft glare. She hooked arms with his resting her brunette head on his arm while looking out for her father.

"Ugh you know your dad doesn't like me, he thinks I'm a bad influence. He accused me of smelling like bud" Mike scrunched up his nose. He hated the smell of cigarettes.

"Oh please Mike, my dad adores you." Eleven pulled him towards the large Jeep that just pulled up. Mike wanted nothing more then to run away.

"Hi daddy. I Um....brought Mike he's having a bad day" Eleven hesitantly brought him into the back seat with her.

"H-Hi hopper" Mike tried not to piss him off.

"That's Jim hopper, to you" He spoke in a stern voice sending chills down the younger boys back. Eleven only looked up at the boy and gave him a sympathetic look as to say sorry my dads a hardass. Maybe not those exact words but that's how Mike would describe him.

The entire car ride to El's place was Hopper explaining how college and scholarships are important with Eleven barely listening.

The minute the car pulled up in front of the rather large house, Eleven wasted no time opening the car door taking Mike with her.

As soon as the eager teens took a step up to the front door Hopper pressed heavily on his car horn startling them both "Don't you go up to your bedroom with the door closed young lady"

Eleven rolled her eyes but obeyed. "Yes dad, no closed doors" Once her father was satisfied with El's response to his order, she continued to pull Mike up the stairs to her brightly pink painted bedroom with a large canopy bed smack in the middle of the over sized bedroom pink tulle draping over top of the bed then down the sides for a dramatic look. Everything was so perfect, neat and organized. Mikes room could never compare.

"Woah" Mike looked around at the obviously wealthy girls bedroom.

"Come sit with me" she brightly smiled patting a spot next to her.

Mike sat down and he could fall asleep within seconds from how soft and doughy the mattress his bottom had come in contact with was.

Eleven dramatically sighed and at the same time fell softly into the boys lap resting her head there with closed eyes that soon opened to meet Mike's. "So tell me what's on your mind" she tapped the tip of his nose making him scrunch it up and smile.

"I told El, there's nothing" his eyes wandered around the room to avoid direct eye contact, because some way some how Eleven was able to tell when Mike was lying through his eyes.

"I promised that I'd always be here to help if you were having any sort of troubles" she frowned pushing this more then Mike expected her to. He usually did tell his girlfriend everything but this was something he had to keep from her. He didn't want to hurt anyone els after how he's been making Will feel.

"You have been here to help babe, I'm thankful for that" he leaned down and pecked her lips. To this day no kiss compared to Wi-

Mikes thoughts were interrupted by a hard knock on Els bedroom door.

"What did I tell you about this door El"

Eleven stood up from off of Mike and groaned. She pulled the door open to be faced with Hopper who had his arms crossed against his chest.

"Sorry daddy I forgot" she gave him puppy dog eyes causing Hopper to just ruffle her hair and walk out. How spoiled, Mike thought quietly laughing to himself at the confrontation in front fo him.

"He could be such a drag sometimes" the petite brunette closed the door in anyways and sat back down next to Mike clearly not forgetting their previous conversation being that it was the first thing to come out of her mouth once she was back in bed.

"You've just been different lately, so off" she rested her head oh his shoulder.

"I just- I cant tell you, you'll never want to speak to me again it ruined us once it'll ruin us again"

Eleven thought hard and she already knew who and what was bringing Mike so down. "So this is about Will. Right"

"Perhaps" He fiddled with the over the top jewels on the purple blanket of the expensive bed and all Mike was thinking how does she possibly sleep on these absurd sheets.

"If you tell me exactly what's going through that cute head of yours, maybe I could try to understand" She assured him. Mike almost thought he could spill his guts right then and there, but still he was left unsure.

The room fell silent. He could trust her right, she kept all his other secrets. A constant battle with himself was going through his head.

"I want you to trust me". She looked up to him and cupped his face.

"I'm...confused El, so so confused" All his built up emotion surrounded by thick stone walls was now breaking and tears were only blinks away from escaping his dark brown eyes.

She caressed his pale skin and frowned "talk to me"

When he opened his mouth the speak a sob came out instead and he....collapsed in a fit of tears and broken words. "I don't know what I feel I keep hurting people I'm hurting you I'm hurting Will all because I can't figure myself out. I don't feel normal there's something wrong with me, one minute I'm thinking about boys then I think about girls and- and.." he paused to breath, Eleven intently listened and held the crying boy in her arms.

"Hey listen. She stopped him from trying to suffer through speaking again pulling away from the hug and looking into his eyes. "I understand completely what you're going through. I promise it's gonna be ok" Mike didn't look like he believed her, thinking that these were only confront words, but did she really understand.

"There's not a single thing wrong with you Mike, you're fine. It's actually perfectly normal to like both boys and girls.

The dark haired boy sniffled and looked to Eleven. "It is, b-but how" He ridded the streaming tears emerging from his eyes.

"I don't like to use labels it isn't my forte, but there is a name such as being bisexual. I mean I would know....I like both too" She almost didn't say the last part since it came out ever so quietly. She feared Hopper would over hear her confession.

"You What?" Mike couldn't believe what he was hearing everything Eleven was saying enlightened the boy entirely. "How did you know you liked girls"

"It happened over the summer when I went to camp. I met this amazing girl. She's beautiful even now I think about her sometimes her perfect hair bright eyes a smile that can make anyone's day a good day. She is always so sure of herself and confident, she doesn't take shit from anyone." Eleven smiles at the thought of this girl.

Mike never really saw this side of Eleven. He liked it. All this talk about liking both and being bisexual made the boy feel so much better and not as confused. Mike was so grateful for Eleven in this moment.

"So who is this amazing girl" Mike questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Your favorite redhead" Eleven breathed out nervously biting her glossed lips.

"No fucking way"

"Yep it was Max, my summer love"

Mikes brain was doing backflips as well as his stomach. "She never told me that...she tells me everything" if Mike was being honest he was hurt that Max never told him something so major.

"We both made a pact that summer to never speak on it, of course I feel bad right now for speaking on it, but you needed to hear that for your own benefit"

Mike smiled at his girlfriend and planted a kiss on her lips as a way of saying thank you.

Mike finally felt accepted.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472 16 9
When Mike goes to California to surprise Will and El for spring break he instead discovers things about himself. As a teenager the struggle between l...
1.2K 26 16
Will Byers is in love with Mike Wheeler and Mike is In love with Will but they've never told eachother. One night Will's friends crash into him and c...
79.5K 2.4K 18
"What do you want from me?!" Mike yells at Will as he stood at the edge of a cliff, staring at Will. "I want you!" Will yells back at him, moving for...
656 12 7
Mike wheeler goes on a vacation with his girlfriend El for summer vacation to California to visit els brother Will Byers and the moment will and mike...