The Daughter Of Hideyoshi

By mallory_payne

Harper was a lost, little human girl, that couldn't defend herself. While camping with her human family, she... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 3

308 9 0
By mallory_payne

I woke up with a yawn, as I rubbed my eyes.  I opened them to see a different looking, tent-like building.  I sighed as I turned my head to the left, then right. The tent was a light brown, with white walls, that was light enough for the natural lighting to peek through.  I was lying on a little bed, that was in the corner of the room.  I huffed as I sat up, looking around better.  My shoes and sweatshirt were sitting right next to me.  My sweatshirt was nicely folded up, big enough to fit in a draw and my shoes were lined up next to it.  I looked at it as funny as I spoke. "Where am I?  Who did this?" I asked myself as I sat up. I flinched as a cold, wet feeling moved on my ankle and the sound of ice clanking up against each other rose within the air.  I moved the blanket to find a little bag of ice. It sat on my ankle as it draped all around it. The ice was spread all over the bag, making sure it covered every aspect of my ankle. I looked at it more as I spoke aloud to myself. "What the," I said, as shifting moved within the room next to me.  I looked at the wall, as I stayed silent, afraid to make another sound.  I felt around me for the knife, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  I silently struggled to get up, as I managed to stand back on my feet.  I looked at the wall, seeing a shadow of a figure near the wall. I watched as the figure got up and walked to the end of the room. I heard the sound of a door opened as footsteps came more towards the room.  I grabbed the knife as I tripped out of the bed, but managed to stay on my feet.  The shadowed figure kept coming closer, as I backed up to the other end of the room. My back hit the wall as the figure's footsteps stopped.  A motion of the figure's hand lifted up and knocking came on the door.  

"Excuse me," the figure said as the door opened, revealing one of the beings that found me in that trap. He wore the same uniform as before, a green uniform with red on it.  He had green eyes that were more like a teal color than anything. Tan ears sat on his head as a bushy, tan tail dropped behind him.  I looked at the being in confusion as to figure out what type of behind he was.  "How you feeling, Harper?" he asked as I looked at him strangely.  I didn't say a word, just lifted the knife up, pointing it into his direction.  The being sighed as he looked at my feet. "I see your standing, which is a good thing. How's the foot? In any pain?" he asked, as I just stood there.  I didn't know what he wanted, but I did know that I didn't feel safe here. "Do you want" he started to say as he walked closer, but I cut him off. "Don't go near me," I said, my voice shaking in fear. The man looked at me as he sighed. "Alright. Can I still be in here with you?" he asked, as I looked at him more.  "If you stay far away from me," I said, hoping that I could trust this being that much.  The being nodded as he backed up even further away. "Does this work?" he asked as I nodded. "That's close enough," I said, as I looked at the door. I couldn't leave the room, with that being there.  I looked back and forth between the being and the door, hoping I could try to get out of here.

"Ok, Harper. I'm just letting you know that your safe here. I want to ask you a few questions if you can give me an honest answer. Can you at least do that for me?" he asked, as I looked at him.  "I will. If you answer some for me first" I said, as the being sighed. "Alright. We're going to be here a while.  Do you mind if I sit near you?" he asked, as I shook my head. "Stay away from me. Just until I can trust you" I said, as the being nodded.  I watched as the being walked on the door side of the room and sat down.  He huffed as he spoke. "Ask as much as you want," he said, as I sighed. "Alright. Tell me who you are" I demanded, the blade still pointing at the creature.  The creature nodded as he spoke. "My name is Yukimura Sanada and I'm the head commander of the Sanada army, which is where we are," he said, as he waved his hand to show the room. I looked around the room as I focused back on him.  "What was that trap like thing?" I asked him as he sighed. "My army was searching for people that were lost. That trap was for if anything snuck up behind us.  It was supposed to trap an animal if it wanted to attack."  I cocked my head in confusion as I spoke. "So, you don't kill humans?" I asked as he gave me a funny look. "Why would we want to do that? You can say that we're one of the good guys if that makes it easier to understand" he said, as I sighed.   I started to get the feeling that he didn't want to attack, so I eased up a little. I slowly tilted the knife down to the floor. "Alright. Thanks for that" I said, as I sat on the bed and put the knife in my lap, but still kept it in my hand.  

"Ok, now can I have a turn with the questions?" he asked, as I nodded. "Yeah. You seem harmless" I said, as he started to laugh.  "Well, it's good that you're so protective of yourself.  Your family probably taught you fighting well" he said, as he finished his laughing fit.  He sighed as he spoke. "What village did you come from Harper? Your family must be worried" he said, as I looked at him funny. "Village?" I asked. Yukimura nodded as he spoke. "We have some villages where human's like you live. Do you mind telling me? We would like to give you a ride home later" he said, as I sighed. "I didn't come from a village," I said, as he looked at me with a shocked expression. "Alright. Then where did you come from?" I looked down at my knife as I shook my head. "I don't think I can say. I don't wanna die" I said, as he chuckled. "I'm not going to kill you. If that was intended, I would've done it when I found you" he said, as I looked up at him.  I sighed as I studied him. "I came from the Toyotomi Army. Hideyoshi Toyotomi is my dad" I said, as I felt for the knife.  Yukimura looked at me shocked as he spoke. "Hideyoshi has a daughter? He never told me that" he said, as I spoke. "You know my dad?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, he's one of our greatest allies.  I fought alongside your dad for a nearby village a few times" he said, as I was the one in shock. "Dad never told me you were his ally," I said, as he nodded. "I am," he said with a sigh.  I was now getting a feeling that I could trust him completely.  He sounded confident in his answers, so I was finally feeling safe. "Ok. That's all I wanted to know. Thank you" I said, as I put the knife down next to me. I felt like I didn't need it anymore, but I kept it near me just in case he did anything.

"Alright. So you already told me some of what I wanted to know" he said, as he huffed. "If you're from the Toyotomi army. What are you doing all the way over here?" he asked, as I sighed. "My dad decided to take me out into the world for the first time," I said as he cut me off. "The first time?  He never let you out before?" he asked as I shook my head. "Nope. He wanted to keep me protected when I was younger. He told me that the army was safer, but I'm older so he thought I could tag along for a ride" I explained.  Yukimura nodded as he spoke. "Ok, so why did he decide to take you out?" he asked as I shrugged. "I dunno. He just came home and told me I was going out with them" I said. He nodded as he spoke. "Alright, so how did you end up all the way here by yourself?"  I thought of back with the fight, the memory of the bear attack was still fresh in my mind.  "When we were walking, a bear attacked our army.  My dad made me stay on his horse the whole time. He made the horse run before the fight got too bad.  He didn't want me to get hurt. So he gave me his knife" I said, nodding towards the knife. Yukimura looked at the knife as he spoke. "Can I see the knife?" he asked. I pushed it towards him, the blade pointing towards me.  He picked up the knife as he examined it. "Have you learned the proper way to use it?" he asked, as I nodded. "I know how to use it, but just to cut food.  I never learned how to fight" I said, as he looked at me. "Your dad didn't teach you any defense skills?  You just went by instinct?" he asked, as I shrugged. "I just thought it could do some damage. I didn't want to use it" I said, as he looked at me. "So you followed gut instinct?" he asked, as I nodded. "I did," I said.

Yukimura nodded as he gave me the knife. "Well, Nobuyuki was impressed by it. We both thought you were trained in knives" he said, as I put the knife beside me.  I looked at him, confused by the name. "Nobuyuki?" I asked as Yukimura nodded. "He's my brother that also is part of the Sanada army.  He's the second in command" he explained. I looked down but shot my head back up. "Was he the one that was with you when you found me?" I asked.  "Yep. He told me to let you sleep. I wanted to wake you up at first.  I thought you were part of the Oda army" he said, with a slight chuckle.  I looked at him in confusion but didn't question it. Yukimura sighed as he got serious again. "Do you know who the Oda army is yet?" he asked, as I shrugged. "I dunno. I never heard of them around the house, but with that being said. This is the longest I've been out of the house. Not to mention away from home."  Yukimura sighed. "Oh, ok. Um, I think that'll be a talk to have with your dad. I don't think he would like me telling you" he said.  I nodded but stayed silent due to not knowing how to respond.  The room went silent, except for some talking down the hallway.  I turned my head in the direction of the voices, trying to hear if it was someone I knew.  The silence was broken when Yukimura spoke. "You've been resting for a while. Do you want to try walking on the foot?" he asked, as I turned towards him.  I looked down at my ankle as I nodded. "It's been a while," I said, as I looked back up at him.

He nodded as he stood up.  He reached his hand towards me, as I grabbed it.  With Yukimura's help, I managed to get up on my good ankle, leaving the hurt one in the air.  "Gently step down on it, just in case your still sore," he said, as I nodded. I looked back down at my ankle as I pushed my toe down first, followed by the heel.  Standing on it didn't seem that bad.  It wasn't in any pain at the moment.  "How you doing?" he asked, as the question grabbed my attention. "It doesn't hurt right now," I said, as he nodded. "Alright, do you think you can walk on it?" he asked, as I nodded. "I think so," I said, as he let go of my arm. He started to walk towards the door as I looked back down at my feet.  I took a step with my good ankle as I continued to walk more towards the door. It seemed fine at the moment, but I was still being cautious about it. Yukimura turned towards me as he spoke. "Good so far?" he asked, as I nodded.  "It feels funny, that's about it," I said, as a numb feeling took over where the pain was.  Yukimura nodded as he spoke. "That could be because you've been off it for a while. Come for a walk with me, that might help" he said, as I nodded.  I looked down at my feet as I started to walk again. My ankle felt stiff, very stiff.   I slowly took my steps, feeling the tingling numbness of it.  I looked up as I walked out into the hallway, then started to follow down the hall.

We walked through the place as I felt like I was being watched.  I looked back at Yukimura as he cracked a smile and looked back up down the hall. I didn't question it, feeling like it would've been rude.  He was probably making sure I didn't fall over or anything.  I looked out the window, seeing the sun beaming down on the land, brightening up the area.  The trees were a bright green, with a yellow tint that made it glow. The building shined behind it, making a beautiful scenery. A tree sat tall in the middle of the field, with a being curled up underneath it. The being was about the same as Yukimura.  He was dressed in a blue uniform with a hood that had cat ears on it.  He slept silently, looking like he didn't want to be bothered."I see you up" a familiar voice spoke, which bright my attention back to the hallway. I saw the being that was with Yukimura when I first fell and hurt my foot.  He wore the same blue uniform with his swords to the side of him.  His eyes seemed a bit brighter to me, but it could've been from the way the sun was glowing on the hall.  He stopped in front of me as he spoke. "How you feeling?" he asked as I started to get confused. "Um. Ok, I guess" I said, feeling weirded out by the situation.  "She seems to be doing better.  I think if she just walks around, it'll help more" Yukimura explained.  The being nodded as he turned back to me. "That's great news. We should probably contact her parents and let them know before they worry too much" he said, as Yukimura nodded. "I'll send word to the Toyotomi army and see what we should do next" he explained.  The being looked at him funny.  "Why are we bothering the Toyotomi army. Hideyoshi is probably busy with the village" he said. Yukimura chuckled as he pointed at me. "Well, Harper here is from there,"  he said, as the being looked at me.

"Really?" he asked as I nodded. "Um. Hideyoshi is my dad" I said, putting a shy tone to my voice.  The being looked at me as he sighed. "Oh, alright. He never mentioned his daughter, so it's a bit surprising" he said, as he held out his hand. "Well, Harper. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. My name is Nobuyuki Sanada" he said, as I slowly shook his hand.   Yukimura sighed as he spoke. "Do you mind keeping an eye on Harper for now? I'll go contact the Toyotomi army" he said, as Nobuyuki nodded. "No problem. Just go do what you have to do" he said, as Yukimura nodded. "I'll go give them the message," he said, as he continued to walk down the hallway. I watched Yukimura as he left, starting to feel uncomfortable again.  I was starting to feel safe around him, but the feeling left me quickly.  "Ok, Harper. You wanna come for a little walk with me, or does your ankle still hurt?" Nobuyuki asked as I looked at him. "A walk would be fine," I said, as we started to walk down the hallway.  I looked ahead of us as we walked out into the open area.  The sun beamed down on us, making it warmer than ever.  I stepped down into a little hole in the dirt, as a pain shot through my ankle. "Ouch," I said, as I felt my knee bend, buckling to the ground.  Nobuyuki quickly swung around as he caught my arm, making sure I didn't fall. "You ok Harper?" he asked, as he helped me up. I gently placed my foot on the ground as I felt the pain again. "Is it ok if I sat down?" I asked as he nodded. "Sure. Let me help" he said, as he placed his other arm against my back, ready to catch me if I fell.

When he finally got me sitting, he sat down in front of me as he looked around.  "They probably were being childish again," he said, with a sigh. I looked from Nobuyuki as I heard a faint yell. "I'M NOT BEING CHILDISH!" a strange voice yelled from the right of me.  I looked in the direction of the voice, as I saw two beings that I never saw before.  One was dressed in a green and red outfit with a blue scarf around his neck. He had light green ears and a matching tail. The other being had short blue hair and tail. He wore a blue outfit and a red vest, with a cape that was the transition of blue to red. I studied the two beings in confusion as they stood on the roof.  Nobuyuki turned to the strangers as he spoke. "What are you two fighting about now?" he yelled up on the roof. The blue haired being turned in our direction as he spoke. "Sasuke lost the bet, and he refuses to pay up," he said, as the green haired being turned to him.  "I didn't. I said who made it back home would take on the next mission by themselves" the green haired spoke.  I sighed as my attention turned to Nobuyuki, seeing him holding his head.  He sighed, as he looked up again. "Well, stop fighting and do something productive" he yelled at the two beings. After he was done, he turned back to me. "I'm so sorry Harper.  Shall we continue?" he asked as I nodded. "Um, sure," I said, as I heard a gasp.  I looked up on the roof as I saw the green haired being running towards me. "You didn't tell me you had a girl here," he said, in excitement. I looked from the being to Nobuyuki, then back to the being.  "Where'd you come from?" he asked, as I backed up a bit. The blue haired being laughed from the roof. "The poor girl is scared of you Sasuke," the blue-haired said as he jumped off the roof.   He ran up to me as he grabbed my hand. "I'm sorry about him, sweetie. He's like a child in many ways" the blue-haired said, as I looked at him in shock. "Alright, you two. Can I take Harper and continue what I was doing?" Nobuyuki asked as the two looked at him. The two beings sighed as the green haired spoke. "I'm sorry," he said. As he apologized, his ears dropped on the sides of his head. Nobuyuki turned to me as he spoke. "I'm sorry Harper. Let's continue" he said, as I followed him without any questions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.3K 3.5K 47
The Armed Detective Agency is hit with a new job. Protect a Princess you say? This said Princess is not only the heir to the throne but the target to...
1K 145 30
Most people assume Miu is a timid, shy girl, but actually she's quite a down to earth kind of gal. She grew up in the Hyakuya orphanage alongside wit...
4.1K 89 32
โ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐œ๐ฎ๐๐๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐†๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ?!โž หโธ‰โ€ฟฬฝฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™โ€ฟฬฉอ™โ€ฟฬฝฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™โ€ฟฬฉโ€ฟฬฉฬฅฬฉโ€ฟฬฝฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™โ€ฟฬฉอ™โ€ฟฬฉฬฅฬฉโ€ฟฬฝฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™โ€ฟฬฉอ™โ€ฟฬฉฬฅฬฉโ€ฟฬฝฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™...
18.9K 546 25
ใ€ŒCOMPLETEใ€ ใ€ใ€ใ€ใ€ใ€ใ€ใ€ใ€ ใ€ŽThey both opened their eyes and and smiled, sighed then laughed. Hawk put his hand over Rose's then they both looked at the star...