Fearless (Bellamy Blake - Boo...

Від Summer_Girl365

Bellamy smirks, "Maybe we should be calling you princess." "Princess?" I scoff. "Bellamy Blake, I'm the fucki... Більше

Copyright©
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Author's Note: End
Hopeless - book 2

Chapter 36

3.5K 87 5
Від Summer_Girl365

"What would you have done," I ask quietly as I stare at the ground beneath my feet as I walk, "if Murphy had killed me."

I trail my finger lightly over the fresh cut on my neck, feeling the blood that starts to dry and wincing at the stinging pain the contact causes. I look over at Finn and see him frown.

"I don't know." He answers truthfully.

He doesn't know?

"Would you have killed him?"

Finn looks up at me with an unreadable expression, "Yeah, I guess."

I nod and look away.

If Clarke were the one in my position, if Murphy killed Clarke, if he even hurt Clarke then Finn wouldn't hesitate to seek revenge.

I'm not stupid, I may have been keeping my distance from him the past few days but I can still see the way he looks at her, he used to look at Raven that way all the time.

A part of me is jealous that Clarke is getting all his attention, but...

"You got too involved." Finn breaks me out of my thoughts and it takes me a moment to register what he said.

"What?"

"With Charlotte." He says after a moments hesitation, he avoids looking at me when he says it and my entire body freezes at her name. I stop walking and turn to face him with a hard look, waiting for him to elaborate.

Finn sighs lightly before stopping and looking up at me, a soft expression on his face. "I know you saw yourself in her, it's why you were so hellbent on helping her after she killed Wells. You didn't want her to be viewed as a murderer like you were, because, like you, she didn't know what she was doing, or the impact of her actions."

"You don't know what you're talking about." I say harshly, my eyes narrowing into slits whilst my heart pounds.

Lie. Finn knows exactly what he's talking about, and he's right.

"Don't I? Look I know you Chris, ok--"

"No." I cut him off, anger pulsing through me. "You don't. You used to know me, but clearly you don't anymore and it's obvious you don't want to either."

"What the hell's that supposed to mean?" Finn knits his eyebrows together.

"Clarke." I say simply, her name is enough to boil my blood at this point.

"Clarke?" He repeats, not understanding.

"I'm not stupid, Finn. It's been clear ever since we landed on Earth that you're attracted to her and I know that she is to you. And ever since then she is all you've been focusing on, and you know what? It hurts."

I know I need to stop, but the past
week has just been so chaotic and I just can't cope. First Atom, and now Charlotte, heck even Wells. I can't keep all my emotions bottled up like this for much longer.

"Hold up." Finn cuts in. "You're the one that didn't want us to visit you in lock up, and now that you're out and free and I'm not giving you all my attention you're upset? That's not fair Chris."

"Fair? Fair?! Finn, what isn't fair is that I tore my family apart and when to prison for it, and my friends--my other family didn't even care about me anymore! You NEVER came to visit me, not once! The only time I saw you was when you got locked up, and I wanted to act like I was completely fine for not seeing you in three years but you know what, I wasn't."

"We wanted to see you! We tried to come to every visiting day but they turned us away because you said you didn't want to see us!"

We're both yelling now, our emotions running high as we let out all our anger and frustration.

It feels good to get everything off my chest, but it isn't going to end well.

I shake my head at him in disbelief. "I can't believe you." I spit out. "I have been through HELL ever since we got down here and you've not even bothered to see if I'm okay, and now you're lying to me. You remember Atom? I killed him Finn. I was the reason he got caught in the acid fog and then I ended his life, I stuck a knife into his neck and killed him! And now I can't stop seeing his face in my nightmares. And tonight..."

I start to choke up but I fight back the tears and try to keep my voice even.

"Charlotte was a kid, and she didn't know what she was doing but what she did know is that she wanted to be like me. And do you know how that makes me feel? It makes me feel sick. She knew what I did to get locked up, she knew that I took someone's life and yet she thought I was brave and she wanted to be like me so her nightmares could stop. She is dead because of me and you don't get to stand there and judge me because that's not what a friend is supposed to do! You're supposed to try and make me feel better, you're supposed to help me get through it, but instead you're standing there blaming me and telling me I was too involved!"

I let it all out in one breath before standing still. A beat of silence passes through us. We both stand defensively, our faces hard and fists clenched. Finn and I are a lot more alike than we know.

"You're supposed to be my friend, Finn. You're supposed to be my brother."

I relax my facial features and take a step back, feeling physically drained and it's clear he isn't going to try and patch things between us. Not now at least.

"It's clear to me now that you no longer have the intentions to be either. So I hope you have a nice life, Finn, because I'm no longer going to be in it."

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

118K 3K 27
Close Abnegation friends, Amalia and Tobias, find themselves slitting their palms over the sizzling coals of Dauntless. Will leaving home truly be fo...
280K 8.1K 16
Mia Ramirez grew up with her two best friends, Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski. The three were inseparable. It was rare to see them without one ano...
165K 3.5K 40
"I can't believe it, you literally had one job." "It's not my fault that my decoy was rubbish." "I'm gonna have to stop calling you hotshot because y...
493K 12.4K 32
"I'm sexy and you're not." "Did your mom tell you that?" "Shut up Hale." - Troublesome Shay Finstock moves to Beacon Hills and meets black haired we...