Granting You a Second Life

By chaniex24

OFFLINE PURPOSE ***NOT MINE*** Synopsis Li Xiuying is the youngest surgeon the world has ever seen. Once upo... More

Chapter 1-15
Chapter 16-30
Chapter 36-45
Chapter 46-60
Chapter 76-93
Chap 94-96
Ch97-100
Ch101-105
Ch106-110
Ch111-115
Ch116-120
CH121-125
Ch126-130
131-135
CH136-140
CH141-145
CH146-150
CH151-155
CH156-160
Ch161-168
Chapter 169- 170

Chapter 61-75

9.4K 207 119
By chaniex24

Chapter 61: Generosity

Elder Huang looked at the speechless faces gazing at him.

Elder Huang: "I'm not saying that Unity hospital should suffer a loss. I've spoken to Li Wang recently and he said that the Chen family agreed to have the operation take place at Emerald hospital. In fact everyone at Emerald hospital is incredibly willing to facilitate the operation. "

Qin Song's cold aura became glacial at the mention of the Chen family.

Elder Qin said with a hint of anger: "Emerald hospital is..."

Elder Huang: "Yes, I'm happy to pay a rental fee for Dr. Li's time."

Qin Xian Jun mimicked Elder Huang: "Rental fee..."

Elder Huang: "I will make sure that the operation takes place outside of her regular working hours. I will only require her services for a few hours and she would be one of the many qualified doctors taking part in the operation. In fact with her level of skill, she'll probably just be an assistant. After all, the famous Dr. Yang Zian will be the lead surgeon. So it won't be too taxing on her."

Qin Song: "Her level of skill... assistant..."

Elder Huang glanced around confusedly at the Qin's. Why are they all mimicking my words?

Elder Huang chose to ignore their looks and continued on: "Li Wang assured me that Dr. Li was someone that fulfilled their promises; so I'm sure she will honor our contract. I'm simply here out of respect for your Qin family."

Elder Huang smiled as he spoke: "So you see it's simply a win- win situation for everyone. You'll receive a fee for lending Dr. Li and my grandson will get his transplant."

Qin Xian Jun: "Did your hair product seep into your brain?"

Elder Huang smile dropped: "What did you just say?"

Elder Qin: "Don't take any notice of Jun, these people from the younger generation just say anything without thinking."

Elder Qin chastised Qin Xian Jun: "Jun how could you speak that way to an elder?" He gave Qin Xian Jun a sly look.

Qin Xian Jun looked contrite: "You're right father."

Elder Huang looked mildly appeased until he heard what Qin Xian Jun said next.

Qin Xian Jun looked at Elder Huang and said with mock sincerity: "Elder Huang. I apologize for suggesting that it was the 40 years worth of chemicals in your hair product that seeped into your brain, that caused you to suggest something so asinine."

Elder Huang wanted to vomit blood. Is this brat apologizing or cursing at me?!

Elder Huang stood up in outrage he had never been spoken to in such a disrespectful way. He pointed at Qin Xian Jun's face and shouted: "How dare you talk to me in such a way?! Do you know who I am?!"

Qin Song stood up and stepped in front of Qin Xian jun.

Qin Song: "Mr. Huang, you are currently in QIN Enterprises not World bank. I own the very air you're breathing right now. You came here uninvited with your nonsensical suggestions and expect us to be grateful to you? Dr. Li works for us at Unity hospital how dare you suggest that she goes and does grunt work for free at our competitors hospital?!"

Elder Huang face was full of anger. "She gave her word that..."

The temperature in the room rapidly dropped.

Qin Song: "Who are you trying to fool with your unfounded claims? Dr. Li Xiuying charges 100k for every 5 minutes of her time spent in surgery and you're trying to tell me that she volunteered to do a major operation on your grandson for free?"

Elder Huang shut his mouth. It was Li Wang who had repeatedly assured him that Li Xiuying would operate for free; he had never heard Dr. Li utter the words himself. In fact, Huang Teng had never even spoken to Dr. Li.

Qin Song smiled sinisterly: "Mr. Huang Teng, I think you've forgotten something before you waltzed into my office. I'm currently a shareholder in World Bank."

Elder Huang paled: "What... what are you talking about?"

Qin Song: "Four Q"

Elder Huang went through the list of shareholders in his mind. Four Q LTD was World Bank's biggest corporate shareholder. Four Q had a total of 33.5% of World Bank's shares.

Huang Teng repeated Four Q limited in his mind. Four Q Limited, Four Q Limited, Four Q's ... four Qin's. There were four Qin brothers. He had never met the man behind Four Q LTD ... until now.

Qin Song repeated the phrase that Huang Teng had shouted at Qin Xian Jun earlier; his voice was low and held venom: "Do you know who I am?"

Huang Teng felt a shiver go down his spine.

Elder Qin and Qin Xian Jun watched from the side lines. They had never seen Qin Song get so angry before. Qin Song always had a cold aura surrounding him and he always treated those who crossed him ruthlessly. However, he never showed any emotion. He was always cold and ruthless but this was on a completely different level.

Qin Song sat down again next to Qin Xian Jun. "Sit down; I have a few questions for you to answer."

Huang Teng sat down in his seat obediently. He was still pale with fright.

Qin Song directed a piercing gaze at Huang Teng: "What is your relationship with the Chen Family?"

Huang Teng spoke reluctantly: "We are acquaintances." He dared not to say they've been friends for over a decade.

Qin Song could tell that Huang Teng was lying. He smiled at Huang Teng. Huang felt his fear spike. Even, Elder Qin and Qin Xian Jun felt a little fear when they saw Qin song smile with such malice.

Qin Song: "I can see you need an incentive in order to be more forthcoming. How about this; for every lie or refusal to answer I'll make World Bank stock prices fall by 2%. I'll let you off for the first lie that you just told me."

Qin Song sighed: "My generosity is one of my weaknesses."

Qin Xian Jun wanted to burst out laughing when he heard his brother call himself generous. Elder Qin had a skeptical expression on his face.

Qin Song: "What is your relationship with the Chen family?"

Huang Teng reluctantly said: "Chen Meng and I have been friends for over a decade."

Qin Song: "When was the most recent meeting between you, Li Wang and Chen Meng?"

Huang Teng clenched his fists he couldn't say that they hadn't met, he would have to think of something else to say: "It was a month ago when we last met to discuss the operation."

Qin Song took his phone out of his pocket and scrolled through the numbers before tapping on one. He put the call in loud speaker. The call was answered on the second ring.

Qin Song: "Cao Shan, 2% drop in World Bank stock prices."

Cao Shan: "2 minutes. "

Qin Song hung up and put the phone back in his pocket.

2 minutes later Huang Teng felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He answered the call.

A panicked subordinate: "CEO Huang, the stock prices have suddenly dropped by 2%! We weren't expecting..."

Huang Teng put the phone down. He had a cold sweat forming on the back of his neck; he had just lost several million dollars in the space of 2 minutes.

Huang Teng looked like he had aged 10 years in the space of a few minutes: "We met on Sunday 14th."

Qin Song: "Hmmm it seems that Mr. Huang was trying to take advantage of my generosity. From now on I'll make stock prices fall by 5%."

Qin Song continued to question the defeated Huang Teng.

Chapter 62: So It Begins

Qin Enterprises- Qin Song's office

Qin Song had finished interrogating Huang Teng.

Everyone in the room stood up.

Qin Song: "Elder Huang, I'm glad that we've come to an understanding. There's a driver waiting outside for you."

Qin Song escorted Huang Teng to the door and opened it.

Huang Teng felt like he had been mowed down by a bulldozer. He weakly walked out of the office.

Qin Song closed the door and turned around to find his father and brother staring at him with questioning looks on their faces. Qin Song went and sat back down on the sofa next to Qin Xian Jun.

Qin Song: "What is it?"

Qin Xian Jun now shone with admiration and excitement: "Bro that was so awesome! You made Huang Teng into the living dead! You totally destroyed his reincarnation cycle! You have to teach me!!"

It was now Qin Song's turn to look confused: "What are you talking about?"

Qin Xian Jun: "Ge, you were so ruthless when dealing with Huang Teng. I've never seen you so angry before. I could almost see the death rays shooting from your eyes. Even I was a little scared when you started smiling. I thought you would melt me into a puddle if I looked directly into your eyes! It was so awesome please teach me the ways of destruction; why do you only teach me about finance and .."

Elder Qin cut off Qin Xian Jun's rambling: "Jun stop your nonsense your brother isn't a villain from a comic book."

Qin Song didn't know whether to laugh or cry that his father had made him into a villain.

Elder Qin: "Song, you've always been cold and ruthless when dealing with outsiders. But today was the first time I've ever seen you express so much emotion, You were filled with fury. "

Qin Song thought back to his conversation with Huang Teng: "I don't think I behaved any differently than I usually would. I never allow people to take what's mine."

Elder Qin nodded and didn't speak any further. Qin Song has always had a possessive personality. Whatever he deemed as his even if it was an insignificant pebble he would destroy anyone who coveted it.

Qin Xian Jun did not share the same thoughts at his father. He wondered to himself: ' What was Ge referring to when he said "mine"?'

.....

Unity hospital 1:55 pm- Li Xiuying's office

Jiang Huan was sitting at her office desk. She was on the phone talking to her morning rescuer.

Jiang Huan: "I'm very grateful for your help this morning."

Rescuer: "I was just doing what anyone would have."

Jiang Huan: "Don't be modest, you chased away two teenage thugs and then called the police and even took the time to give a statement. Most people would have looked the other way."

Rescuer: "I was happy to help and I was even happier when I saw that I was helping such a beautiful woman."

Jiang Huan had a smile on her face: "Hmmm that sounds like the rehearsed line of a player."

Rescuer: "I can assure you that I'm definitely not a player. I'm just speaking the truth. You are a beautiful woman and I would love to take you out for dinner."

Jiang Huan smile widened: "Dinner? Well I..."

Rescuer: "You can't deny that it was fate that brought us together."

Jiang Huan: "Well okay, just dinner. But I'll pay. It will be my way of thanking you for all your help today."

Rescuer: "I would never let a lady pay, how about you thank me by promising me a second date now as well?"

Jiang Huan giggled.

Jiang Huan heard a noise behind her; she turned around to see Dr. Li staring at her.

Jiang Huan cried in alarm: "Dr. Li... I.. I." She realized she was still on the phone.

Jiang Huan quickly spoke into her mobile: "I'll call you later." She then hung up the phone and quickly put her phone in the drawer to her desk before turning to face Li Xiuying again.

Jiang Huan: "Dr. Li I am so sorry for making a personal call during work hours. I give you my word it won't happen again." Jiang Huan felt mortified. This was only her second official day at work and she was already caught breaking rules.

Li Xiuying saw Jiang Huan's sincerity. She nodded.

Li Xiuying had heard the last words Jiang Huan had spoken whilst on the phone; she couldn't help feeling that something was wrong about the whole situation surrounding the break in. But it wasn't her place to say anything.

Li Xiuying: "Okay?"

Li Xiuying had only come to the office to check on Jiang Huan.

Jiang Huan sighed in relief on the inside: "I'm fine Dr. Li."

Li Xiuying was about to leave the office when Jiang Huan stopped her.

Jiang Huan: "Dr. Li before you go, there was a call earlier from a Mr. Chen. He said it was an urgent matter and requested you call back as soon as you can."

Li Xiuying emitted a cold hatred, she smiled sinisterly. It only lasted for a moment before she became expressionless once again. But she still emitted a venomous aura.

Li Xiuying thought to herself: So it begins.

Jiang Huan rolled her chair further away from Li Xiuying; she could feel a malicious air surrounding her. Jiang Huan stared wide eyed at Li Xiuying before her, she couldn't force herself to look away.

A few moments of oppressive silence later, there was a knock at the door.

Chapter 63: Tears of Anguish

A few moments of oppressive silence later, there was a knock at the door.

Li Xiuying turned to the door and saw E.

E looked between Dr. Li and Jiang Huan and felt something was off: "Dr. Li, Miss Jiang I'm sorry to bother you both, am I interrupting something?"

Li Xiuying slowly contained her hatred and returned to normal. Jiang Huan finally calmed down when Li Xiuying returned to normal.

Jiang Huan made a mental note to never, ever, ever get on the wrong side of Dr. Li.

Li Xiuying: "No."

E spoke with a voice full of hope: "Dr. Li I just want to thank you again for allowing me to attend your theater list. I was wandering if I could shadow you again?"

Li Xiuying nodded: "Turn."

E had a confused look on his face, but spun around anyway.

Li Xiuying quirked a brow at E.

Jiang Huan: "Pfffftttt"

E was confused by both Dr. Li's and Jiang Huan's reactions.

Jiang Huan finished laughing and finally took pity on E: "Dr. Li meant that you have to wait for your next turn. Those who haven't yet had the opportunity to shadow Dr. Li will have priority. If you tell me what specialty you're interested in I can put your name down for the next available spot. I will email you a confirmation and page you on the day to confirm."

E went bright red with embarrassment. He wished the floor would swallow him whole.

I'm an idiot. A complete idiot.

Li Xiuying stared at E who was wallowing in self pity. She thought he was very odd.

E continued to stand in his spot throwing himself a pity party. 'Is Dr. Li thinking about taking me off the list for teaching?! I should have just emailed Jiang Huan, why did I think it was better to have a face-face conversation?!'

Jiang Huan saw E standing with a cloud of gloom hanging over his head.

Jiang Huan helped E once again: "Do you want to come over to the computer? Dr. Li was on her way out when you arrived."

E felt mortified: "Oh! I'm so sorry Dr. Li." He then quickly shuffled into the room and stood on Jiang Huan's right hand side.

Li Xiuying walked out of the office. She began thinking about the Chen family and subconsciously surrounded herself with armor made of hatred.

Li Xiuying knew that the Li and Chen Family would have an urgent meeting after the news article was released. The Chen family wouldn't want to lose her as their money making operating machine.

The Chen Family were manipulative and calculating. Unlike the Li family, the Chen family had the ability to see the bigger picture. If the Li family were left to their own devices, they would immediately rush to Unity hospital and put on the act of a loving family and try to guilt her into going back with them.

It was definitely the Chen family that quelled the Li family's recklessness and impulsivity. Even so, Li Xiuying was puzzled about why Chen Meng would contact her instead of Li Wang.

The Chen family definitely told the Li family to not act mindlessly, but she thought they would send her 'beloved uncle' to pretend to be concerned. Or that it would be Li Yu Yan with her pitiful and hurt big sister act that would try to convince her that she and Chen Wei didn't have a relationship and that it was all a misunderstanding and she should issue a retraction.

Li Xiuying began to think of the motives behind Chen Meng's call.

She was making her way through the foyer. The more she pondered the more of an oppressive atmosphere she created around her.

Li Xiuying didn't notice that her oppressive and venous aura was emitting a pressure that caused people to hurry to get out of her way. She even caused a baby to cry and toddlers to hide behind their parents. The staff that had the misfortune to encounter Li Xiuying all shared one thought: never get on the wrong side of Dr. Li.

Li Xiuying was suddenly hit with an epiphany. One name appeared her mind.

Huang Fuhua!

It now made a little more sense why the Li family was so quiet and why it was the Chen family that contacted her. They couldn't afford to offend her because they needed her to operate on Huang

Teng's grandson.

Li Xiuying chuckled to herself. 'They truly overestimated themselves.'

Li Xiuying had a small smile on her face as she opened her car door and slide into the driver's seat.

Her smile turned menacing at the thought of destroying Yang Zian sooner than she had anticipated.

In her past life, Huang Fuhua's kidney transplant took place two weeks later. It was probably the butterfly effect that had caused the events of this life to follow a different timeline.

Li Xiuying thought back to Huang Fuhua's operation in her previous life. She was forced to take part even though she didn't want to.

....

Flash back

Li Xiuying was laying in her bed. She was still trying to recover from the brutal attack by The Soulless. Li Xiuying hadn't left her room, let alone the house after the attack. She just wanted to stay in bed where it was safe and warm.

Her family kept pressuring her to take part in the operation. Initially they tried gentle persuasion, then stern commands and later they resorted to threats. On the day of the operation her aunt had stormed into her room followed by two maids.

Li Mei Wu: "You will be taking part in the operation today whether you like it or not. You've had enough time to get over your tryst. This operation is for the good of our whole family and you shouldn't be so selfish as to refuse."

Li Mei Wu smiled gleefully as she order the maids: "Get her bathed and dressed."

As Li Xiuying watched the two burly maids approach with their hands ready to claw at her. It induced fear and disgust within her.

Li Xiuying didn't want anyone to touch her. So she finally gave in: "I'll get ready. Get out."

Li Mei Wu: "Xiuying you should have been obedient from the very beginning and all of this could have been avoided. You should just see this as your first step on the road to recover."

Li Mei Wu left the room with the maids trailing behind her. Her face was filled with satisfaction.

Once the door was closed, Li Xiuying dragged her weary body out of her bed.. Her body didn't even feel like it was hers. She ached all over and felt a heaviness weighing upon her. She showered and dressed herself. All the while crying silent tears of anguish.

Chapter 64: So Little Time So Much Revenge

Flash Back- Continuation

When Li Xiuying was finished getting ready she apprehensively headed outside to the car.

Li Xiuying found that Li Wang was already waiting in the back seat of the car. She was shuttled to the hospital.

Li Xiuying kept her head down and eyes tightly closed the whole journey. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists and kept reassuring herself that she would be safe and this would be over soon.

Li Wang glanced at Li Xiuying from the corner of his eye and said nothing.

When they arrived at Emerald Hospital; Chen Meng and Chen Wei were at the entrance waiting for them.

Chen Meng voice full of superficial sincerity: "Thank you for coming Xiuying. Everyone is waiting for you inside. I know you're going through a traumatic time so I've suggested to the team that you act as an assistant to the lead surgeon so it won't be too taxing on you."

Chen Wei: "Xiuying. I'll also be in the theater so I'll be able to keep an eye on you."

Li Xiuying kept her gaze lowered to the floor.

Both Chen Meng and Li Wang rushed her to the theater changing room.

When she was done Chen Wei who had also changed into a set of scrubs led her into Theater 4.

At the team brief it was announced that Dr. Yang Zian would be the lead surgeon and Li Xiuying would be the second assistant.

However when the operation was underway it was Li Xiuying who was forced to take the lead.

Li Xiuying got through the operation by singularly focusing on the task at hand.

She had connected all the vessels and was checking that they were all functional.

Li Xiuying was satisfied.

She turned to the nurse: "Suture."

As Li Xiuying was about to begin suturing Yang Zian shouted: "There's a bleed! Li Xiuying how could you suggest that we close up?! Don't you have eyes?!"

He then elbowed Li Xiuying out of the way and miraculously found the point of the bleed within seconds.

Li Xiuying tried to hold herself together after being pushed. She stood awkwardly to one side and defended herself: "There wasn't a bleed when I checked, It must have been..."

One of the theater staff : "Dr. Li don't you think you've done enough? There are actually competent doctors here that can properly and safely complete the operation. You're services are no longer needed."

Li Xiuying looked over to Chen Wei and met his eyes.

Li Xiuying softly said: "Chen W.."

Chen Wei looked back down at the patients abdomen and began assisting Yang Zian.

Li Xiuying walked out of the theater with her head bowed down and went back to the changing room. Whilst she was changing she thought about the operation. When she had turned her head to ask the nurse for a suture she was sure that she had seen Yang Zian's scissor holding hand move suspiciously.

She finished getting changed and intended to go find Chen Meng to explain the situation. When she left the changing room Chen Meng and Li Wang were both waiting outside the door.

Li Xiuying anxiously said: "Uncle I definitely made sure that there were no bleeds before starting the closure. I think it may have been purposefully done by Yang Zian. He had a pair of scissors..."

Li Wang ignored what Li Xiuying had said: "I'm sorry Xiuying. It's my fault for asking you to take part in an operation so soon after everything that's happened. You clearly weren't ready to operate yet. Let's get you home."

Chen Meng: "Xiuying, don't worry Yang Zian is a talented and renowned surgeon. He'll be able to fix whatever mistakes you made so it won't effect the patient's life."

This "mistake" was the first black mark on Li Xiuying's record.

Rumors started circulating among the medical world about Li Xiuying's incompetence and lack of concern for patients.

Li Xiuying wasn't aware of the rumors until months later when she returned to work at Emerald hospital. The staff all treated her poorly and had no respect for her.

Li Xiuying tried to rectify the situation by doing as many operations as her body would allow in order to prove her surgical skills. But it made no difference how many operations she did perfectly people would still remember that one mistake.

Li Xiuying inevitably realized that no matter what she did. She could never change people's opinion of her.

Li Xiuying came back to reality. She placed both hands on the steering wheel and gazed out the windshield.

Now looking back at the memory she realized the situation was all part of a grander scheme to control her and push her to the point of no return.

Even if she had made the mistake, it wasn't something that she should be ostracized for. Surgeons were human and mistakes happened during an operation and they would be rectified. Li Xiuying could have easily mended the vessel and then completed the closure but she wasn't allowed the opportunity.

Li Xiuying stopped herself thinking about the past situation further. She pulled out of her parking space and headed to the shopping center.

Li Xiuying sighed: "So little time so much revenge."

Chapter 65: Broken Ties

Shopping Center

Li Xiuying was currently strolling through the shopping center. Li Xiuying didn't expect it to be so busy on a Tuesday afternoon. There were people everywhere.

Li Xiuying thought it would be more time efficient to hire a personal shopper to help. She looked at the map and saw there were private suites on the 1st floor for those who hired personal shoppers.

She navigated her way through the throngs of people and eventually made it to first floor.

She followed the signs to the suite area. There were two security guards sitting either side of a large set of black varnish double doors. One had a clip board in his hand.

Both the security guards stood up on seeing Li Xiuying approach them.

Security guard with the clipboard and pen: "Hello Miss, can I have your name please?"

Li Xiuying: "Personal shopper?"

Clipboard Security guard: "Would you like to hire one?"

Li Xiuying nodded.

Clipboard security guard: "I see. Could you please wait here while my colleague goes in and inquires if anyone is free?"

Li Xiuying nodded again.

The other security guard entered through the double doors.

2 minutes later an immaculately dressed middle aged woman stepped through the doors followed by the security guard.

Middle aged woman: "Good afternoon. My name is Pan Lanfen. I am the manager of this area. I've been informed that you would like to hire a private suite and a personal shopper?"

Li Xiuying "Yes."

Pan Lanfen quickly assessed the young expressionless woman before her. She then calmly said: "Please follow me. There happens to be a suite available."

Li Xiuying followed Pan Lanfen through the double doors. They entered into a long corridor with doors either side of the hallway. The floor was white marble. The ceiling and walls were also white. Each door had a gold sign with the suite number. The actually doors to the suites were painted with different motifs. Some were floral, some were painted in block colour, others were abstract there was even one with drinking straws.

Pan Lanfen led Li Xiuying to suite 12. The door was decorated with daffodils.

Pan Lanfen: "Daffodils symbolize new beginnings."

Li Xiuying smiled a little at Pan Lanfen, before returning to being expressionless.

When Pan Lanfen saw Li Xiuying's fleeting smile; she knew that her customer was happy with her choice.

Pan Lanfen was a perceptive woman. She had worked her way up from cleaning the restrooms of the shopping center to becoming the manager of the highly successful luxury personal shopping department.

Pan Lanfen's years of experience working in customer services allowed her to develop a sixth sense about people. She became more adept at reading people and what they wanted. With just a glance Pan Lanfen could tell that Li Xiuying was an important person.

Li Xiuying walked in and was greeted by two female assistants.

The assistants: "Welcome Miss, Manager Pan."

Pan Lanfen: "I'll be taking charge of Suite 12 today."

The assistants maintained professional smiles but inside they were shocked that Manager Pan would personally want to assist a customer. Pan Lanfen was very selective about who she would assist.

Pan Lanfen: "Please come in and take a seat."

Once Pan Lanfen saw Li Xiuying sit she asked: "May I ask your name please?" The reason she waited so long before asking, was for two reasons: a. to respect the customers privacy and b. she didn't want the customer to feel like her background was being assessed.

Li Xiuying: "Li Xiuying."

Pan Lanfen: "Miss. Li would you like any refreshments?"

Li Xiuying hadn't eaten lunch yet: "Water, Dim sum, strawberry gateau."

Pan Lanfen: "We will have everything you ordered within a few minutes." Pan Lanfen indicated to one of the assistants to go and put in the order.

Pan Lanfen: "Miss Li. Did you have anything in particular that you would like to acquire today?"

Li Xiuying: "Make up and wigs."

Pan Lanfen took a small notepad and mini pen from her blazer pocket. She then wrote something before handing it to the remaining assistant. The assistant read the note and left the room.

10 minutes later both assistants had returned. There were also two makeup artists currently setting up their makeup on a table.

Li Xiuying was eating dim sum while she waited.

....

Golden Cherry Blossom - restaurant

Meanwhile in another part of town there was someone who wasn't as leisurely as Li Xiuying.

Huang Teng was currently waiting in a private room at the Golden Cherry Blossom. He was still recovering from his conversation with Qin Song earlier in the day.

Huang Teng gripped the glass in his hand tightly. He not only lost millions in the space of 2 minutes, but he had insulted World Bank's biggest corporate shareholder and to top it all off he made himself look like a complete and utter fool.

Huang Teng had only gone to meet with Qin Song because Chen Meng and Li Wang repeated told him Li Xiuying was just a surgical machine to Unity Hospital. Normally Huang Teng would always do his research before going to a meeting; this time he had stupidly chosen to believe the words of his friend. Huang Teng thought to himself: If Li Xiuying was a mere employee would Qin Song have had such a reaction?

Huang Teng then began to think about the situation more deeply. Why would Li Xiuying be willing to perform the operation at Emerald Hospital after breaking off her engagement with Chen Wei?

Li Wang was also evasive on Sunday whenever he asked to talk to Li Xiuying directly.

Chen Meng and Li Wang had clearly used him! They used him to make contact with Li Xiuying and to try and force her to return to Emerald hospital.

Huang Teng was enraged that he was sacrificed for the sake of Wang Li and Chen Meng's selfish interests. He had trusted them. Chen Meng had been his friend for over a decade and this is how he treated him?

The door to the private room opened breaking Huang Teng's thought. Chen Meng and Li Wang strolled in with large smiles on their faces. They took the remaining seats at the table.

Li Wang glanced at the glass in Huang Teng's hand he said teasingly: "Teng. You started celebrating without us?"

Li Wang ordered drinks for Chen Meng and himself.

Li Wang perused the menu: "Everything on the menu is completely different since the last time I was here."

Chen Meng: "Just order anything. It all tastes good"

Huang Teng interrupted their idle chatter: "When was the last time either of you spoke to Li Xiuying?"

Chen Meng and Li Wang froze for a moment.

Chen Meng tried to play off the question as irrelevant: "Why are you asking that all of a sudden?"

Wang Li: "She's been really busy lately. You know that Unity hospital is using her like a surgical machine."

A flicker of disgust appeared in Huang Teng's eyes.

Chen Meng noticed that something was off about Huang Teng: "Teng how did the meeting go? What time should we expect Xiuying to be at Emerald on Friday?"

Huang Teng maintained a cool expression: "Fuhua's operation will now be taking place at Unity Hospital."

Wang Li and Chen Meng both shouted: "What?!" at the same time.

Huang Teng: "Qin Song and I came to a new arrangement. I want Li Xiuying to operate on Fuhua and that can only happen at Unity hospital."

Chen Meng: "Teng! Do you even know what you're saying right now? Yang Zian is just as skilled as Li Xiuying if not more. We have a brilliant team prepared at Emerald. We were even paying for all the surgical costs. Is Li Xiuying worth more?!"

Huang Teng: "How long will you continue to take me as a fool? Can you look me in the eye and guarantee that Yang Zian is truly skilled?" He looked directly at Chen Meng.

Chen Meng looked into Huang Teng's eyes: "Teng I can absolutely assure you that Yang Zian and the team we prepared are truly very skilled."

Huang Teng felt his heart turn to ice. He now knew that Chen Meng viewed him as a tool. He had never felt so stupid.

Huang Teng: "During my meeting with Qin Song I mentioned Yang Zian. Qin Song was kind enough to have his men investigate Dr. Yang's background. The report revealed that his skills are mediocre at best. He takes the credit for other people's surgery by sabotaging them and then stepping in at the last moment to play the hero.. He's done this to three surgeons already."

Li Wang voice filled with sincerity: "Teng that's not the case at all. Yang Zian is truly skilled. Why would we lie to you?"

Huang Teng didn't bother to conceal his anger any longer. He slammed his hands on the table.

Huang Teng's voice contained rage: "You dare to risk the life of my grandson?!"

Huang Teng stormed to the door and yanked it open. When he was half way out the door he coldly said over his shoulder: "I am only being merciful because of our history. However, form today we no longer have any ties to each other."

Huang Teng then left the room. Leaving a stunned Chen Meng and Li Wang.

Chapter 66: Interfering and Meddling

Shopping center- Suite 12

Li Xiuying checked her watch; it had been 5 hours since she entered Suite 12. She had finally finished selecting the makeup and wigs she needed. Li Xiuying was ready to head home and turn in for the night.

The reason Li Xiuying had taken so long is that she had asked the makeup artists to give her a tutorial. She was now prepared for step two of her revenge plan against The Soulless.

Pan Lanfen: "Miss. Li do you require any further assistance today?"

Li Xiuying: "No. "

Pan Lanfen: "Miss. Li everything has been charged to your card. I've arranged several people to help carry your bags to your car." She then handed Li Xiuying back her credit card.

Li Xiuying put the card in her coat pocket and nodded.

Pan Lanfen opened the door to the suite. Several staff members walked in.

Staff members: "Good evening Miss. Li. Manager Pan." They then walked to the bags and picked them up.

Li Xiuying: "Thank you all."

Pan Lanfen: "It was our pleasure."

Li Xiuying left the room with the staff members.

After Li Xiuying exited, Pan Lanfen closed the door. The two assistants and two makeup artists collapsed on the sofa. They started talking among themselves.

"I feel absolutely exhausted! I felt like I was under pressure to perform when Miss. Li looked directly at me. It was worse than sitting exams."

"I felt exactly the same! It was like she was looking into my soul!!!"

"Forget that. I didn't expect Miss. Li to have such amazing makeup skills. When she made herself look like a little old lady I was absolutely gob-smacked."

"That was nothing compared to when she made herself look like a man! I became a total fan girl!"

Pan Lanfen sighed in exhaustion and said: "It was a lucky coincidence that the two of you had gone to courses on various styles of makeup."

They all got off the sofas and began cleaning up the room.

.....

The next day Unity at Unity Hospital - Wednesday 8:50 am

Li Xiuying was sitting on the sofa opposite Qin Song, Elder Qin and Qin Jingfei.

Elder Qin: "Xiuying, how are you adjusting to working at Unity hospital?"

Li Xiuying: "Fine."

Elder Qin: "If you have anything you're not happy with don't be shy in letting us know. We'll be happy to accommodate you."

Qin Jingfei: "Dr. Li we've called this meeting today to discuss a change in your rota this week. CEO Huang visited the hospital yesterday to discuss his grandson's Huang Fuhua's transplant. It was decided that the kidney transplant would be taking place at Unity hospital this Friday."

The Qin's widened their eyes as they witnessed Li Xiuying's expressionless face slowly morph into an expression filled with scorn then back to her usual unemotional state.

Li Xiuying was annoyed that her plans for revenge had been altered. How would she destroy Yang Zian now? Even if she had him take part in the surgery at Unity hospital Yang Zian wouldn't let his guard down.

Li Xiuying stared into Qin Jingfei's eyes : "Who decided?"

Qin Jingfei felt powerless under Li Xiuying's deep penetrating gaze she ratted out her family without a second thought. Qin Jingfei pointed to Elder Qin and Qin song: "It was them. They decided! I was only told after they had the discussion with CEO Huang." Qin Jingfei couldn't let her idol hate her.

Elder Qin rolled his eyes at Qin Jingfei's behaviour.

This stupid niece of his would probably even sell off her soul if Xiuying wanted it.

Elder Qin: "Xiuying, Huang Teng unexpectedly turned up at Qin enterprises yesterday. He informed us that your uncle had agreed to you performing the transplant several months ago. We informed him that you now have a contract with Unity hospital."

Li Xiuying turned gaze predatory as she eyes Elder Qin: "Clause 10.1"

Elder Qin: "..." What did I say wrong? Why am I on the receiving end of Xiuying's death stare?!

He thought back to Li Xiuying's contract but couldn't remember every detail.

Li Xiuying opened her briefcase and took out a document flipped to page 3 and laid it in front of Elder Qin. She pointed to 10.1.

Elder Qin read out loud: "Dr. Li has the right to work at other medical facilities outside of her contracted hours at Unity hospital. Unity hospital has no legal right to interfere with her work outside of her contracted hours this includes but is not limited to choice of location, choice of employer and/or patient."

Elder Qin: "Well you see... Qin Song you explain."

Li Xiuying looked at Qin Song. It was definitely this stupid man that had ruined her plans.

Qin Song glanced at the betrayers beside him.

Qin Song: "CEO Huang was adamant in wanting you to be the lead surgeon. It will be beneficial to our hospital both financially and in terms of experience for our surgeons here."

Qin Song could feel Li Xiuying becoming increasingly annoyed. He frowned slightly. Qin Song didn't know what he said wrong.

Li Xiuying calmed herself down. She could still get revenge on Yang Zian at a later date. Chen Meng would be desperate to hire her and if she requested Yang Zian's assistance as a condition he would have no choice but to comply.

Li Xiuying planned to beat Yang Zian at his own game. During the surgery she planned to constantly aggravate Yang Zian and belittle his surgical skills causing him to be blinded by anger and frustration. She wanted Yang Zian to lose all reason and get impatient to sabotage the surgery. When Yang Zian was desperate enough to sabotage the surgery she would catch him in the act in front of all to see. Then it would be a simple case of reporting him to the medical council.

Li Xiuying finished strategizing: "Fine."

Qin Song saw that Li Xiuying had come around to the idea. He tried his best to sell it to her: "It was also beneficial to you that the surgery takes place at Unity hospital with our staff supporting you. Emerald hospital had hired Yang Zian as the lead surgeon. He is known to sabotage the surgeries of others and then step in to rectify the situation claiming the surgery as his. "

Li Xiuying showed no reaction.

Qin Song pressed on: "After finding out about Yang Zian's misdeeds I immediately reported him to the Medical Council. I sent them all of the evidence against Yang Zian such as witness statements, surgical reports and a statement from the surgeons who were his victims. He has been suspended from practicing as the investigation takes place."

Qin Song had chosen to go into detail about Yang Zian so Li Xiuying would be more grateful to him as her trusted and competent employer.

Qin Song had a smug expression on his face as he waited for Li Xiuying's words of gratitude.

Li Xiuying was fuming. Her plans for revenge would never come into fruition. So what if Yang Zian was struck off?! She felt no satisfaction whatsoever in having someone else take down her enemies.

Li Xiuying felt that Yang Zian had gotten off too lightly! Even if he was struck off here he could still practice illegally. He could even go abroad to practice with forged documents. With his powerful backing he would never see the inside of a jail cell. That's why Li Xiuying wanted to destroy his deep rooted confidence so his hands would tremble at the mere mention of an operation.

Li Xiuying put her contract in her briefcase and stood up to leave.

Qin Song was perplexed: "Dr. Li shouldn't you be happy? You've been saved from being one of Yang Zian's victims. You also won't have to go back to Emerald hospital."

Li Xiuying stopped her steps. She slowly turned around and faced Qin Song.

Elder Qin and Qin Jingfei shuffled away from Qin Song. Right now Li Xiuying's eyes had a crazed look like something out of the exorcist.

Qin Song swallowed his saliva.

Li Xiuying voice was low and steely: "Listen here allergy man. You have ruined everything with your meddling behaviour. A surgery that concerns ME should be discussed with ME. It is not up to you to decide."

Qin Song spoke with indignation: "As your employer I.."

Li Xiuying: "As my employer you have a duty to follow the contract to the letter. This is your first strike. Now if you don't have any further interfering or meddling to do I am late for my CONTRACTED work hours due to this meeting."

Li Xiuying turned to look at elder Qin and Qin Jingfei.

Li Xiuying: "Mistakes such as this should not be repeated."

Elder Qin: "Yes!" Qin Jingfei frantically nodded her head.

Li Xiuying left the room.

Qin Jingfei looked over at her cousin and asked with a voice full of disbelief: "Allergy man?!"

Chapter 67: Keep Your Friends Close ...

Qin Jingfei looked over at her cousin and asked with a voice full of disbelief: "Allergy man?!"

Although Qin Song maintained an outwardly cold expression; he cringed internally at being called allergy man. Yet again, Qin Song couldn't figure out what he had done to upset Li Xiuying. Maybe it's that time of the month?

A few of his friends who were married often complained that their wives would be more irritable and easier to anger when it's that time of the month. One term that was thrown around was "emotionally unstable."

Qin Jingfei saw that Qin Song was in deep thought and refusing to answer her. She turned to Elder Qin: "Uncle, why do you think Dr. Li got so angry? Did she want to go back to Emerald hospital? Maybe she still has feelings for that Ex- fiancé otherwise what difference does it make is she operates here or there?"

Qin Song felt his chest tighten and a bitter taste in his mouth. 'The reason Li Xiuying was angry was because she still has feelings ex-fiancé?!'

Qin Jingfei looked over at Qin Song: "Are you okay? You look very uncomfortable right now."

Qin Song rubbed his chest: "Acid reflux."

Elder Qin: "Why would she ask to have the article published?"

Qin Jingfei turned back to Elder Qin with a look of shock: "What?! Dr. Li was the one who asked you to publish the article?" Qin Jingfei thought back to the night that Li Xiuying asked to speak to her uncle alone.

Qin Jingfei: "Mmm, then it's definitely not residual feelings. Oh I've got it!"

Elder Qin: "What is it?"

Qin Jingfei: "Dr. Li probably wanted to exact some more revenge! She probably wanted that Chen family to come to her on their knees begging her to do the surgery."

Qin Song: "That is a possibility."

Qin Song felt the tightness in his chest disappear.

Qin Jingfei: "Of Course it is. Think about it. For years that cousin and ex-fiancé have been having an affair and flaunting their 'love' in public and she was still expected to still marry him. Do you think it's enough just to publish one article? Besides that article may have shamed those two adulterers but it also allowed them to be together. Would you want the people who betrayed you to be happily planning their future together?! Hell No! If I was Dr. Li I wouldn't stop until they vomited a sea of blood!"

Elder Qin sighed: "Xiuying must have been angry that she couldn't address her grievances herself."

Qin Jingfei stood up and poured tea for the three of them.

Elder Qin looked over at Qin Song. His tone serious: "Song. Why did Xiuying call you allergy man? And don't think I've forgotten that you haven't explained why she locked you in the office."

Qin Jingfei stirred her tea: "Dr. Li Locked Qin Song in her office?"

Elder Qin: "He was stuck in there for over 2 hours."

Qin Jingfei started laughing; "I've often heard women want to lock you in their rooms, but I always thought that it meant they wanted to be locked in there with you. I now know better."

Elder Qin started chuckling on hearing Qin Jingfei's mocking Qin Song and her infectiously laughter. The image of Qin Song's frustrated face when he went to go and unlock the office door appeared in his mind and caused him to laugh even harder.

Qin Song walked to the door and reached for the handle.

Qin Jingfei started speaking like a commentator: "Oh no! The CEO of Qin Enterprises Qin Song is faced with his arch nemesis ... A door! How will he ever overcome this obstacle?" This started off another round of laughter.

Qin Song pulled open the door and left; leaving behind the two laughing hyena's.

...

Li Xiuying's office

Li Xiuying was in a foul mood as she sat at her desk. She decided to take some time to readjust her mood and to think of another plan of attack to deal with Yang Zian.

Li Xiuying: "Jiang Huan. Contact B and F. B at 10:30. F at 12:30."

Jiang Huan was typing away at her desk replied: "Yes Dr. Li."

Jiang Huan spun her chair around so she faced Li Xiuying, she could tell Dr. Li was not in a good mood but she had something that she desperately needed to ask.

Jiang Huan asked tentatively: "Dr. Li I know you're busy but could I have a moment of your time? There was actually something I wanted to ask you."

Li Xiuying kept staring at her computer screen. Jiang Huan took Li Xiuying's silence as permission to continue.

Jiang Huan cleared her throat before speaking again: "Dr. Li, could I possibly leave work early today? You see I have a family gathering at 5 pm today; it's my two year old niece's birthday. I completely forgot about it until my mother phoned me this morning to check if I had forgotten about the party. Haha, she knows me so well considering that if she hadn't called I would have missed the birthday party entirely. So that's why I wasn't able to tell you in advanced.. erm... because I had completely forgotten." She laughed nervously.

Li Xiuying looked away fromm her computer screen and straight at Jiang Huan.

Li Xiuying assessed Jiang Huan who was currently nervously biting her bottom lip trying to avoid making eye contact.

She noticed that Jiang Huan had done her makeup differently and there was more of it. Jiang Huan had put on fake eye lashes as well as a darker lipstick. Her foundation looked thicker and she was wearing blush. Jiang Huan's eyeliner was more prominent highlighting her eyes. Her nails were done and painted a deep red. Jiang Huan's hair looked sleek and shiny and was framing her face.

Li Xiuying glanced at the office door. Hanging on the coat hook there was a full length zipped protective clothes cover. Similar to what you would get when picking up something from the dry cleaners.

Li Xiuying looked back at Jiang Huan and then at her shoes; she was wearing 6 inch pencil heels.

From Jiang's Huan's make up, extra outfit, nervous demeanor and over explaining/rambling Li Xiuying could easily deduce that Jiang Huan was lying. Jiang Huan was clearly going on a date. There were many holes and contradictions in Jiang Huan's story and her actions. One being if someone was going to a two year old's birthday would they were such seductive heavy makeup and high heels?

As the seconds slowly ticked by Jiang Huan became even more nervous under Li Xiuying's assessing gaze. She didn't want to lie to Li Xiuying, but how could she ask to leave early for a date?

2 minutes had passed and Li Xiuying still didn't speak a word. She was waiting to see if Jiang Huan's conscience would make an appearance.

Jiang Huan berated herself in her mind. 'I'm such an idiot! I should have pushed harder to change the time of the date! Dr. Li probably thinks I'm the worst employee ever.' This was only her fourth actual day at work and she had already been extremely late and caught making a personal phone call.

Li Xiuying finally spoke: "You may leave at four." Li Xiuying was interested in seeing what Jiang Huan would do in the future.

Jiang Huan felt relief immediately sweep over her.

Jiang Huan: "Thank you so much Dr. Li. I promise this won't happen again."

Jiang Huan turned back around to begin typing up the emails to send to B and F.

Li Xiuying looked at Jiang Huan's back. She knew that if her suspicions were correct about the rescuer then Jiang Huan would be used as a mere pawn.

Li Xiuying smirked a little 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.'

She then turned back to look at her computer screen. Her face absent of any emotion.

Chapter 68: If a Dog Bites You

Li Xiuying was currently waiting at the doctor's station for B to return from clerking a patient.

F had had arrived 10 minutes early and was sitting at the desk next to Li Xiuying.

Li Xiuying was looking on the computer at the list of arrivals.

Li Xiuying: "Epigastric pain, differentials"

F :" Duodenal ulceration or rupture, pancreatitis, biliary colic erm I'm sorry I can't think of anymore."

Li Xiuying: "Anatomical structures."

F: "Do you mean what anatomical structures are in that area?"

Li Xiuying turned her head to look at F then frown for a brief second and turn back to the computer screen.

F felt even more anxious after seeing Li Xiuying's frown which her interpreted as meaning: So there are in fact stupid questions. What else could I have meant?

F: "Well the liver and..."

Out of nowhere she heard a female voice screech her name "LI XIUYING"

Li Xiuying slowly spun around on her chair to face the direction of the voice. Everyone also turned to face the shouting woman.

Li Xiuying watched as her cousin slowly stomped over to her. Her face was filled with anger and indignation.

Li Xiuying frowned. 'Today is a bad day.'

Li Xiuying looked coldly at Li Na who was now several steps in front of her.

B walked over: "Dr. Li I've finished clerking the patient now...." He trailed off as he looked up from his clipboard to find a woman standing in front of Li Xiuying with her hands on her hips.

Li Na looked down at Li Xiuying. She felt disgust ever time she came face to face with this unwanted cowardly cousin of hers. No matter what she or others did to Li Xiuying, she would take it without question.

Li Na: "How could you be so ungrateful? After everything auntie and uncle did for you, you sneakily ran away from home and signed a contract with a competing hospital."

Li Na saw that Li Xiuying was still like a statue in front of her. She became angered that Li Xiuying wasn't reacting.

Li Na:" Auntie and uncle did everything for you. They took you in when no one else would. They clothed you and fed you. They put a roof over your head and made sure you were never in need of anything."

The staff around the doctor's stations started whispering among each other.

Li Na smirked. She wanted everyone to see the true face of this cousin of hers.

Li Na: "Just because Sis Yu Yan is now engaged to your former fiancé doesn't mean that you can just forget everything that your family have done for you. Sis Yu Yan is a better match for brother in law anyway."

One of the relatives of a patient spoke out: "Excuse me this is a hospital can you keep the noise down please?"

Li Na: "Shut up you old hag. Did anyone ask you to make a comment? You're so old and you still don't know that you shouldn't interrupt a conversation that has nothing to do with you?"

The elderly relative: "In all my years I've never seen such an ill-mannered person." She returned to her seat full of indignation.

Li Na turned her attention back to Li Xiuying: "Why are you looking at me like that? Have I said something wrong? I never realized you were such a selfish and ungrateful human being! You even cancelled all the family cards attached to your current account! I was trying to buy some herbal remedies for my sick mother when my card was declined." Li Na was in fact trying to buy herself some designer clothes and was embarrassed by the staff for having her card declined.

Li Na's anger was further fueled by her memory of the jeering faces of the staff. She took the card out of her pocket and threw it at Li Xiuying's face.

Li Xiuying caught the card smoothly and glanced at it.' So this was the real reason Li Na was really here. '

Li Na was just using the guise of caring for her relatives as the reason for her anger. Li Xiuying knew that Li Na like everyone else in the Li family only truly cared about herself.

Li Na continued: "You can't even respond can you? Do you finally feel shame and guilt because of your actions? Call the bank right now and have all the cards reinstated and then we'll forgive you and pretend this little incident never occurred. After all we're not heartless like you; a person who is able to completely forget about their own family."

Li Xiuying: "I've never made anyone an additional card holder of my personal account."

Li Na: "Well of course you wouldn't with your level of selfishness would you even think about us! It was uncle who took the initiative to add our names to your..." Li Na stopped in her tracks she realized she had made a huge mistake. She had been too worked up and spoke before thinking.

Li Na could hear the gasps and whispers of the staff around her.

"Did you just hear that? They added themselves to Dr. Li's account without asking her!"

"She was filled with such righteousness after committing fraud?!"

"With family like that who needs enemies?!"

"How shameless! Did you see how she treated that elderly lady earlier?"

Li Na panicked after hearing people criticize her and take Li Xiuying's side.

Li Na screeched: "Stop twisting my words! You wretch!"

LI Xiuying stood up from her chair.

Li Na took a shaky step back: 'Is this really the Li Xiuying I know?'

All the staff held their breaths waiting for Li Xiuying to explode with anger.

L Xiuying spoke in a cold detached voice: "Li Na I would like to bring a couple of things to your attention. I am older than you by 3 years., yet you show me no respect. My parents left a sum of money to whoever became my guardians in the amount of several million and I have been working since I graduated from medical school. I purposefully broke off my engagement so Chen Wei and Yu Yan could finally announce their relationship in public. My new contract provided me with more conveniently located accommodation. Additionally, I didn't want Yu Yan and Chen Wei to feel awkward when discussing their engagement and wedding plans. It is my choice where I work and I didn't want to work at the hospital that the family of my ex-fiancé own. Lastly, no one has a right to the funds in my personal account without my knowledge or consent."

Li Xiuying addressed all of Li Na's claims with stone cold facts. Li Xiuying had purposefully chosen not to openly attack Li Na.

This was for three reasons 1. She wanted to maintain her dignity and not appear merciless in front of staff members and patients 2. By using this method she was able to explain herself and indirectly shed light on the characters of her so called family thus winning the crowd over. 3. At this moment in time Li Xiuying wanted to deal with Li Na in a way that required the least energy.

To Li Xiuying, Li Na was nothing more than a yapping dog and if a dog bites you would you bite it back?

Li Xiuying: "B summarize the actions of Miss. Li Na in regards to my bank account in one word."

B responded without a second's hesitation: "Illegal"

Li Na: "What are you talking about? Firstly, you even went and opened the account with uncle. Secondly, Uncle and auntie treated you like their daughter. It's only right that a child gives their

salary to their parents to help with expenses!"

Li Xiuying: "Mmm, I don't believe that you give your salary to your parents?"

Li Na spoke in a mocking voice: "Why would I give my salary to..?" Li Na fell into Li Xiuying's trap yet again. Li Na was too impulsive in nature and easy to manipulate.

Li Xiuying: "Miss Li Na. Your noisy, factitious and erroneous monologue is not conducive to patient recuperation. Please leave."

All the staff looked at Li Na with varying degrees of contempt, disgust and pity.

Li Na stomped her foot on the ground like an angry toddler. She had never been treated in such a manner before. She was always treated like a princess wherever she went.

What Li Na failed to understand was that she was pandered to only because she was riding on the coattails of someone else. Li Na no longer had the backing of Li Xiuying's money.

Li Na: "Just you wait until I tell Auntie and uncle about this!"

She spun around and stomped away in a huff.

Li Xiuying sat down in her seat: "Present"

Chapter 69: The Hero Li Yu Yan

B was keen to prove himself. He had chosen this patient himself whilst Dr. Li was seeing another patient.

B: "I saw a 17 year old female patient complaining of a myriad of symptoms. She is accompanied by her mother. She has a pain across her whole abdominal which she describes as being sharp in character. She states that the pain came on suddenly yesterday at around 5 pm after she had dinner and has been their constantly since then. The pain has radiated to her lower back but it is now just in her abdomen. She would scale the pain a 9/10 in severity.

She states that she does feel nauseous but has not vomited. Her stools have been more watery for the past several days and paler in colour. She last opened her bowels yesterday night and states that there was some blood mixed in with the stool.

In terms of urinary symptoms she has had an increase in frequency and urgency for the last week. There is no change in colour and there is no offensive smell, bubbles, grit or blood.

The patient reports losing 10 kg of weight in the last month; which was unintentional. She has also had night sweats. The mother reports the patient had a fever yesterday which she measured at 38.5 degrees. She also states that she feels a loss in energy and fatigued.

Past medical history: the patient suffers from severe depression and migraines.

Past surgical history: She had an appendectomy in 2000.

The patient is currently taking Prozac, prophylactic inderal and marezine. She is also taking other pain relief such as regular paracetamol and codeine. She is allergic to penicillin. The mother reports that when the patient was 5 and was treated with a penicillin for tonsillitis, the patient had a widespread rash all over her body. The patient is also allergic to the antibiotics flagyl and proloprim they caused the patient to have breathing difficulties.

Family history: The mother reports that there is a history of cancer in her family such as leukaemia, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and breast cancer. On the patients father's side there is a history of stroke, heart disease and hypertension.

The patient Lives at home with her mother and father. She has a younger brother who is 10 years old. The patient doesn't drink or smoke."

Li Xiuying: "Patient occupation?"

B: "The patient is currently being home schooled by her mother. The mother states that her daughter is too unwell and lacks the energy to attend college."

Li Xiuying: "Diagnosis?"

B: "The patient has a range of symptoms. My first concern is cancer specifically because of the patient weight loss, night sweats and reported fever which suggests some sort of lymphoma. I can't confidently exclude some form of abdominal pathology perhaps Chrohn's it could even be appendicitis if the appendix wasn't fully removed. I have already sent off full set of bloods and blood smear. I have also requested a CT scan."

Li Xiuying: "Examination?"

B: "I thought it was strange that both the patient and the mother refused the examination. The Patient did allow me to take bloods and a urine sample."

Li Xiuying had a nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach. She had an overwhelming sense of déjà vu. B's report had raised many questions in Li Xiuying's mind.

Li Xiuying: "Name?"

B: "Wan Chao." B was overcome with joy that Li Xiuying had finally asked his name. He would no longer be a letter. His joy was short lived when he heard Dr. Li next two words.

Li Xiuying frowned: "Patient name."

B felt so embarrassed: "Yu Guan-yin"

F watched B go red faced and was comforted by the fact that he wasn't the only to feel mortified after misinterpreting Dr. Li's words.

Li Xiuying pulled up the Yu Guan-Yin's old records and scans on the computer.

Li Xiuying: "F, thoughts?"

F: "For a 17 year old she has been in to hospital a lot."

Li Xiuying scrolled through the list of scans. In this year alone Yu Guan-Yin had had 4 CT scans, one MRI and numerous X-rays on various parts of her body. Yu Guan-Yin's has had numerous fractures since 2007 which included a broken arm, broken leg, broken collar bone and even a broken hip.

It was highly irregular that a young person with no evidence of bone disease or malignancy had had so many fractures. Also it was very unlikely that Yu Guan-Yin engaged in any contact sports like rugby.

Li Xiuying looked at the other investigations: Yu Guan-Yin's has had two colonoscopies and one OGD this year. She had a bone marrow biopsy in 2009 and a liver biopsy in 2008. There were no hospital records prior to 2007.

Li Xiuying became more and more shocked as she scrolled through Yu Guan-Yin's details.

B and F who were standing behind Li Xiuying had looks of horror on their faces.

Li Xiuying had alarm bells going off inside her mind: "Cancel the CT scan."

B: "Erm yes right away." B Quickly walked over to the phone to accomplish his task.

F: "Dr. Li, Is there something you need me to do?"

Li Xiuying: "Call the Psych team and social services."

F: "What should I report to..."

Li Xiuying: "I'll do it."

Li Xiuying: "Take the patient and the mother to private room 3."

F hastily made his way to the patient.

Li Xiuying first port of call was to contact security.

Li Xiuying waited with the receiver to her ear. She strummed her fingers on the work top as the phone rang.

Male voice: "Hello security."

Li Xiuying: "This is Dr. Li I'm currently in accident and emergency. I need two security guards to stand watch over the occupants of private room 3. Monitor the mother for flight risk."

Male voice turned serious: "Dr. Li I'll send the guards now. I'll be on standby in the control room watching the monitors. I'll alert all the security guards of the situation."

Li Xiuying: "Thank you."

Li Xiuying then called the psychiatry team for an emergency consult.

B and F had returned to stand by Li Xiuying's side.

Li Xiuying: "Let's go."

The trio made their way to private room 3.

The moment Li Xiuying stepped into the room and caught sight of Yu Guan-Yin. She knew why the case sounded so familiar. In her previous life Li Xiuying had read about Yu Guan-Yin's death in the newspaper. Yu Guan-Yin had died at the age of 22.

Yu Guan-Yin's death had led to a full scale investigation into the widespread systemic failing of various hospitals in saving her life.

Yu Guan-Yin's image was particularly memorable to Li Xiuying because of the photo used in the article. It was taken months before Yu Guan-Yin's death.

Yu Guan-Yin looked weak and like she was struggling to survive. Her face was thin and her skin was tinged a sickly yellow. She had crusting lesions on her face, neck and arms. Her hair had fallen out in patches. Yu Guan-Yin had a look of hopelessness and fear in her eyes.

The article detailed Yu Guan-Yin's life and her extensive and tragic medical history. Yu Guan-Yin was born in a typical middle-class family. Her father was an accountant and her mother worked in IT.

Yu Guan-Yin was born premature and had breathing difficulties which resolved when she was one.

Yu Guan-Yin had been in and out of hospital from the age of 4 for a myriad of symptoms. The mother had take Yu Guan-Yin to over 10 different hospitals and medical facilities all over the country. Most of the facilities were unlicensed and would do anything if the price was right.

Yu Guan-Yin was subject to numerous investigations and operations. By the age of 21 Yu Guan-Yin had had her tonsils, appendix, part of her large bowel and her womb removed. She had even been given a dose of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

The last hospital Yu Guan-Yin had visited and the place of her death was Emerald hospital. Li Xiuying hadn't come across Yu Guan-Yin, she never saw anyone who wasn't on the patient list that Chen Wei and Chen Meng had assigned her.

The article stated it was the hero Li Yu Yan, a medical student who called attention to Yu Guan-Yin case. She had reported her suspicions to her seniors. The police also became involved.

Emerald hospital was commended for having such a brilliant young medical student and was praised by the public. The other hospitals and medical facilities such as Unity hospital were hated by the public and even boycotted by many.

Later news articles reported that Yu Guan-Yin's mother had committed suicide on the first day of her imprisonment. The father was also given a jail sentence. The brother went missing and could not be found.

Chapter 70: Help Us Please

Li Xiuying: "Hello Yu Guan-Yin. I'm Dr. Li Xiuying I've been informed of your situation and I have a few questions I would like to ask is that okay?"

Yu Guan-Yin Glanced over at her mother. When she saw her mother didn't object she nodded her head.

Li Xiuying:" Is this your mother?"

Yu Guan-Yin's mother stood up: "Hell Dr. Li I am Guan- Yin's mother. Cheng Meilin"

Li Xiuying nodded at Cheng Meilin.

Cheng Meilin: "Dr. Li please excuse me but you seem awfully young to be their senior."

Li Xiuying: "I understand your concern. I graduated early from medical school. I have been a practicing doctor for many years. I have qualified in many specialties including general surgery and pediatrics." Li Xiuying reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. She opened her images and clicked on her achievements folder to show Cheng Meilin.

Cheng Meilin was impressed. "I'm honored to have such an outstanding young doctor look after my precious Yin."

Li Xiuying took her phone back, quickly dimmed the screen brightness and put it back in her pocket.

Li Xiuying focused all her attention on Cheng Meilin: "Mrs. Cheng has your daughter ever experienced anything like this before?"

Cheng Meilin was pleased that Dr. Li addressed her instead of Yu Guan-Yin: "Well she has had a similar episode in August. She had the same generalized abdominal pain and change in bowel habits with an increased frequency of urination. I couldn't stand seeing her be in so much pain, but she refused to see a doctor then. This time I had to put my foot down and bring her to the hospital because of the degree of pain and the presence of B symptoms. I was worried she may have lymphoma because of my strong family history."

Yu Guan-Yin had her head lowered. She thought to herself "What are they going to do to me this time." She had tears in her eyes but blinked them away.

Li Xiuying intentionally gave Cheng Meilin all her attention: "I see so your main concern is that your daughter may have lymphoma or some other malignancy?"

Cheng Meilin: "Yes exactly so. I don't know what I would do if I lost my Yin."

Li Xiuying: "Was Guan-Yin ill as a child?"

Cheng Meilin: "She was born premature and had breathing difficulties for several months."

Li Xiuying nodded.

Li Xiuying: "Mrs. Cheng I would like to exam Yu Guan-Yin alone with your permission."

Cheng Meilin immediately began to refuse: "I don't think that's.."

Li Xiuying: "I'll just pull the curtain around the bed, while I do a general examination. I would like you to stay in the room. After the examination I would like to discuss possible management and treatment options and your input is vital."

Cheng Meilin thought that sounded more acceptable plus Dr. Li had acknowledged her importance: "Of course I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can."

Li Xiuying had deliberately chosen private room 3 because of the layout of the room. She pulled the curtain around the bed.

Li Xiuying: "Yu Guan-Yin I would like to a general examination to check for any signs of abnormality. Your mother reports a family history of lymphoma hence I would like to check the lymph node in your neck, underarms and groin area."

Yu Guan-Yin nodded without looking up.

Li Xiuying went to the hand gel and applied some to her hands. She grabbed some gloves from the box at the size and slipped them on

Li Xiuying: "I'll start with looking at your hands."

Yu Guan-Yin put her hands out in front of her.

Li Xiuying took a deep breath and tightly grasped Yu Guan-Yin hands. This startled Yu Guan-Yin and caused her to look up. She met Li Xiuying eyes and saw something she had never seen before concern and a road to freedom. Yu Guan- Yin put it down to her imagination and stopped herself from hoping.

Li Xiuying: "I'll be checking your neck now."

As Li Xiuying took steps towards the head of the bed she slipped her phone out of her pocket. She positioned her back facing Cheng Meilin. Li Xiuying quickly typed something and handed the phone to Yu Guan-Yin. She then proceeded to feel Yu Guan-Yin's neck.

Yu Guan-Yin felt the tears streaming down her cheeks as she read the message: "You're physically well aren't you?" She finally allowed herself to hope for salvation.

Yu Guan-Yin typed on the phone and slipped it into Li Xiuying's pocket.

Li Xiuying stopped examining Yu Guan-Yin's neck.

Li Xiuying: "One moment." She took out her phone and read the words that Yu Guan-Yin had typed. Three little words were written "Help us please."

Li Xiuying looked into Yu Guan-Yin's eyes and nodded. She then palpated Yu Guan-Yin's abdomen.

She opened the curtain and closed it behind her.

Li Xiuying: "Mrs. Cheng can you follow me so we can discuss your daughter's management please."

Mrs. Cheng nodded. Li Xiuying stepped out of the room. Outside there were two doctors waiting.

Li Xiuying look at one of the female doctors: "Dr. Ma I am just taking Mrs. Cheng to discuss the management options. Please follow us to the relative's room."

...

They entered the relative's room and each took a seat.

Cheng Meilin: "Does Guan-Yin have anything serious? What investigations have to be undertaken? I don't mind any tests that need to be done as long as they can help my Yin get better."

Cheng Meilin continued her one person monologue about Yu Guan-Yin's poor health.

Li Xiuying: "Mrs. Cheng I have some news that may be shocking for you're to hear."

Cheng Meilin anxiously said: " What is it Dr. Li? Did you find something wrong with my Yin?"

Li Xiuying didn't elaborate. Instead she formally introduced her colleague: "Dr. Ma is a psychiatrist. I have called her here today to help with the management of Yu Guan-Yin."

Cheng Meilin: "Do you think Yu Guan-Yin is suffering from sort of mental illness? She does suffer from depression. Does she require a psych consult for something else?"

Dr. Ma: "Mrs. Cheng, Dr. Li has informed me about your daughter's medical history. Is there anything you would like to tell us about your daughter's symptoms and illness?" Dr. Ma tried her best not to be too confrontational.

Cheng Meilin was starting to feel that something wasn't right: "I've already told you everything that's relevant."

Dr. Ma: "In the past several years, your daughter has undergone numerous investigations and procedures which all came back normal."

Cheng Meilin became upset and panicked: "Then why would she keep complaining that she's feeling ill? I thought that this hospital actually had qualified doctors not a group of quacks. Are you saying that she's been lying? Why am I even bothering to talk to you?! I'm taking my daughter and leaving right now!" She stood up from her seat and was about to rush to the door.

Li Xiuying cold voice stopped Cheng Meilin in her tracks: "That's not going to happen."

Cheng Meilin: "What? What do you mean?! I would like to see you stop me!!!!"

Dr. Ma: "Mrs. Cheng. We don't think that Cheng Meilin is suffering from mental illness."

Cheng Meilin: "Then why are you here? Why are you interrogating me about Guan-Yin's medical history?! I've told you everything already!"

Dr. Ma: "Mrs Cheng. Dr. Li and I believe that you are the one who is exhibiting signs of a mental illness. Based on Yu Guan-Yin's medical history and..."

Cheng Meilin started shouting: "What!!! That's even more ludicrous!!! Both of you are quacks!!! I've heard more than enough of your nonsense. I'm leaving with my daughter right now."

Li Xiuying stood from her seat and looked into Cheng Meilin's eyes.

Cheng Meilin felt like her soul was being placed in a vice.

Li Xiuying: "Yu Guan-Yin stays." She then exited the room. There was nothing more she could personally do for Cheng Meilin. It would be up to Dr. Ma and the rest of the psychiatric team.

Cheng Meilin began screaming after Li Xiuying.

When Dr. Li walked out she saw two security guards.

Li Xiuying: "Ensure Dr. Ma's safety." She then made her way to Private Suite 3.

Chapter 71: What a Depraved Human Being!

Private suite 3.

The social worker was trying to persuade Yu Guan-Yin to answer her questions but she was failing miserably.

Social worker spoke with sincerity: "We're all here to help you. I realize this is a difficult situation but we're all going to do everything we can."

The psychiatrist along with B and F were patiently waiting by the side.

Yu Guan-Yin kept her eyes closed and as tears streamed down her face.

When Li Xiuying walked in Yu Guan-Yin finally opened her eyes and whispered: "Dr. Li."

Li Xiuying walked over to Yu Guan-Yin.

The social worker stood up and sat in another seat. Li Xiuying took the now vacated seat.

Li Xiuying: "Yu Guan-Yin you're safe."

Yu Guan-Yin nodded, She truly believed Dr. Li's words.

Li Xiuiyng: "Are you fine talking to me with everyone present?"

Yu Guan-Yin nodded as long as Dr. Li was here she didn't care about everyone else. Besides she would have to deal with all the others sooner or later.

Li Xiuying: "You have been through a lot. You may not feel or believe it now but you are strong and you will continue to grow stronger."

Yu Guan-Yin looked at Dr. Li. She didn't feel strong, she felt weak and broken.

Li Xiuying: "I would like to discuss the situation with your mother." She paused to allow Yu Guan-Yin the opportunity to voice her refusal.

Social worker: "Perhaps it would be better to discuss everything tomorrow? Yu Guan-yin has been through a lot and..."

Li Xiuying: "She's able to make her own decisions. She can speak for herself."

Yu Guan-Yin: "Okay."

Li Xiuying: "I believe that your mother has a condition called Munchhausen syndrome by proxy. It occurs when a parent or carer exaggerates or deliberately enforces symptoms of illness in their child. In this instance your mother imposed illness on you. She fabricated symptoms of illness so she could receive attention from health care professionals."

All the staff in the room were shock. None of the staff in the room had ever come across this condition first hand. The condition is very hard to diagnose as the people who have it are deceptive, manipulative and have a deep understanding of the medical system. Hence, many cases are not reported or detected.

Yu Guan-Yin: "What happens now?"

Li Xiuying: "I would like you to talk to my colleagues here. We need to ensure you are safe and protected and that would mean that you will not be released into your mother's custody for the foreseeable future."

Yu Guan-Yin worriedly asked: "What about my mom?"

Li Xiuying: "She's talking to Dr. Ma who is one of the psychiatrists at this hospital. There is no medication for the condition. If she admits she has the condition then the only management options are psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and family therapy to help analyse and change her behavior."

Li Xiuying allowed time for Yu Guan-Yin to process what she has said.

Yu Guan-Yin: "Will she go to jail?"

Li Xiuying: "The police will be notified."

Yu Guan-Yin spoke in a small voice: "Dr. Li do you think there's something wrong with me? Even after everything all the tests, medication and surgery. Even after everything. I still love and care for my mother. I know she loves me too, she hasn't had it easy either. But when you offered me help. When you offered me a road to salvation I just had to take it. There was something inside me telling me that if I didn't escape now I never would." She sobbed gently.

It was common for older children who have been abused for many year to develop feelings of loyalty and a sense of guilt if the person who had abused them is removed from the family.

It was already astonishing that Yu Guan-Yin's perception of illness and reality wasn't effected by her mother.

Li Xiuying : "A child who loves their parent isn't strange." It was not her place to voice her opinion on Cheng Meilin. Additionally it was clear that Yu Guan-Yin stilled loved her mother. Li Xiuying didn't want to force ideas on Yu Guan-Yin.

Li Xiuying: "Guan-Yin. I have to ask an uncomfortable question. Who caused all your fractures?"

Yu Guan-Yin clenched her fists.

The social worker spoke: " Was it your mother?"

Yu Guan-Yin became defensive: "Its not my mom! Don't you accuse her wrongfully."

Li Xiuying gave the social worker a cold look before returning her gaze to Yu Guan-Yin: "It's not your mother."

Yu Guan-Yin: "That's right Dr. Li. It really isn't mother."

Li Xiuying waited patiently for Yu Guan-Yin to continue speaking.

Yu Guan-Yin stared down at her hands as she spoke. This was the first time she had told anyone about what was going on at home. She didn't have anyone she could tell even if she wanted too

Yu Guan- Yin: "Dr. Li You have to help us. You have to help to save my brother and mom from that monster." She stared off into space with a glazed look as she revealed her deepest darkest secrets and fears.

Yu Guan-Yin: "Its my biological father. He hits us. When I was little he would just hit mom.

I still remember the first time I saw him slap mom. I was 5 years old. Mom and I were in the kitchen eating breakfast. Then he walked in and accused mom of ironing his shirt wrong and started shouting at her. Mom just cowered and said that she would do a better job next time. Dad slapped her so hard that mom fell on the floor. She didn't get up for a few minutes. I just sat there frozen.

When I got older I started to try and defend mom but that just made him angrier. He then started hitting me too. He even pushed me down the stairs.... that was when I fractured my hip.

He doesn't hit my brother Bai but he's come close. He just shouts at him. He keeps trying to take Bai out with him at night but I always stop him. That causes him to become enraged and he takes his anger out on me with his fists. I think our neighbor heard my screams one night and called the police because of the noise. But we all had to pretend that nothing happened.

A month after the police came that monster brought a strange old man to our house who kept staring at Bai with this disgusting look in his eyes. That so called father said... if I ever tell anyone anything he would sell Bai." Yu Guan- Yin cried her heart out.

Yu Guan-Yin thought it would be difficult for her to talk about everything that's happened, but once she started she couldn't stop. She wanted to tell Dr. Li all her grievances. She believed Dr. Li would keep her safe.

Li Xiuying: "We'll get Bai to safety." She looked at B from the corner of her eye and signaled for him to go. B immediately left to call the police and alert social services of the new development in the situation.

10 minutes passed and Yu Guan-Yin felt a little lighter after crying out some of her pain.

Yu Guan-Yin hiccuped then spoke: "What if mom and Bai hate me? Bai's still young and see's that man as his father and Mom still loves him. She refused to leave him even after everything that he's done, even after the years of beatings and emotional torture. He even brings other women home and makes mom watch." Her voice became quieter as she spoke

Everyone in the room had one thought: What a depraved human being!

Yu Guan-Yin: "Bai's only 8 he doesn't understand anything. What if he resents me when he's older? They're all I have. I don't have any other family and I don't have any friends. That man won't allow me to go to school and made mom home school me instead. I have no one but my mom and Bai. I don't want to lose them. Dr. Li I Can't lose them."

Li Xiuying spoke softly but her voice contained deep emotions: "Have your years of silent endurance changed anything?"

Yu Guan-Yin cried out: "No."

There was a silence that descended on the room.

Yu Guan-Yin spoke with strength in her voice: "I don't want to endure anymore."

Chapter 72: It Isn't Black and White

Yu Guan-Yin: "Dr. Li. Can you be with me when I talk to the police?"

Li Xiuying nodded.

Li Xiuying: "Why don't you try to sleep? The police will want to talk to us and your mother first."

Yu Guan-Yin felt exhausted after releasing all the emotions she had bottled up for so many years: "Will you be here?"

Li Xiuying: "I need to have a team meeting but that should only last for an hour. I'll be here when you wake up. There's security waiting outside and they won't let anyone in. There's an emergency call button by your bed if you need anything."

Yu Guan-Yin slowly closed her eyes and gently nodded.

Li Xiuying gestured for everyone to leave the room.

Li Xiuying spoke to the security guards outside: "Do not let anyone in, including the police. Call me if there's any trouble."

Both the guards said in unison: "Yes Dr. Li"

Li Xiuying: "Relatives room." Li Xiuying started making her way and everyone followed. B had also finished updating the police and rejoined the group.

As Li Xiuying walked towards the door she could see Dr. Ma standing outside.

Li Xiuying: "Dr. Ma please follow us to..."

B: "Dr. Li I booked meeting room B. I've also called a pediatrician to be present and look at Yu Guan-Yin's records and create a chronology. A member of our safeguarding team will also be present."

Li Xiuying looked at B: "Good."

.......

Meeting room B

Li Xiuying: "Please introduce yourselves."

The senior pediatrician: "I'm Dr. Han Biyu."

Member of safeguarding team: "I'm Duan Hong."

Li Xiuying: "Dr. Ma update?"

Dr Ma: "Cheng Meilin continued to scream profanities and became more hostile after you left. She refused to talk to me and tried to leave but at that point the police had arrived. The police were in with her when you all arrived."

Li Xiuying: "Dr. Han, the chronology?"

Dr. Han Biyu: "I've compiled a detailed report of all of Yu Guan- Yin's medical record from this hospital. I found some details of a former primary school that Yu Guan-Yin attended for 3 years. Mr. Duan has contacted them and they have faxed us her school records including attendance and statements from various teachers. I have made copies of everything and will pass a copy on to the police." Dr. Han tapped the folder in front of her.

Li Xiuying: "Thank you both."

Li Xiuying: "The brother and father?"

B: "The brother was picked up from school by the police and he is currently waiting in the child's play room. The father has been arrested."

Li Xiuying: "Yu Bai needs to be evaluated."

Dr. Han: "I'll go talk to him now."

The other psychiatrist: "I'll come with you."

They both left the room.

Li Xiuying: "Dr. Ma, Mr. Duan I will inform you if there any new developments to the case tomorrow."

Dr. Ma spoke with sincerity: "Dr. Li I would just like to say that your powers of observation and deduction and remarkable. I fear that Yu Guan-Yin would have died at the hands of her mother if it wasn't for you seeing the warning signs. My experience of this disorder and the research about it indicate the victim usually dies because of the years of numerous surgical interventions/procedures or dies at the hands of the perpetrator when they try to induce symptoms in the child using methods such as poisoning and starvation. In most cases, those who do survive have complex psychological and social issues such as an altered perception of their health and have difficultly reintegrating into society. "

Li Xiuying: "Yu Guan-Yin is remarkable." Li Xiuying was able to offer help but Yu Guan-Yin was brave enough to accept it.

Dr. Ma then left the room with Duan Hong.

Li Xiuying turned to the social worker. The social worker immediately sensed something was wrong. She figured Dr. Li was angry with her for her comments earlier.

Li Xiuying addressed B. F and the social worker.

Li Xiuying: "All of you are very early in your career and most people who have worked for 50 years will not see a case such as this."

Li Xiuying looked at B and F: "I have seen the looks of disgust in your eyes." B and F looked down at their shoes.

Li Xiuying tone was cold and fierce: "I would like to remind everyone here that we should not impose nor try to enforce our personal beliefs, opinions and attitudes on the patient. It is not our place to assume anything. Yu Guan-Yin's situation will evoke strong emotions in all of us but in that room it is not your feelings that matter. Yu Guan-Yin still loves and cares for her mother; it is no one's place to urge her to stop doing so. Yu Guan-Yin is able to make her own decisions. As a team our role is to protect her and her brother and ensure their physical, mental and social well being. If Cheng Meilin is able to accept that she has this condition and admits to her actions she will be offered treatment whether that's in a hospital or a prison that's not for us to decide. This case isn't black and white."

Li Xiuying tone remained cold but was no longer fierce: "I understand the difficulty in seeing such a situation. The doors to a hospital do not differentiate between good and evil. For the next month all of you will have a weekly one hour appointment with me in my office please arrange this with my PA."

When F heard he had to report to Dr. Li weekly his heart sunk:"Dr. Li are we in trouble?"

Li Xiuying: "No. The appointment is to allow you to speak through your thoughts and feelings in a safe environment."

All three of them felt touched at having someone who cared about them. B and F particularly so.

As doctors sometimes you would see different situations that caused you to feel a battery of emotions; some could reduce you to tears others would induce nightmares. But you had to pull yourself together and continue working because someone's life depended on you.

Li Xiuying made her way to private suite 3.

B, F and the social worker remained seated lost in their own thoughts.

.......

Outside the door of Suite 3- 6:30 pm

Li Xiuying sighed. She felt emotionally and physically drained. Yu Guan-Yin had given her statement to the police. She revealed even more horrific events which she and her mother had been subjected too.

Yu Bai eventually joined them in private suite 3. The police also took a statement from him. Even with Yu Guan-Yin's protection Yu Bai had not escaped unscathed. He was a severely introverted child and looked frail.

He detailed the scenes of abuse he had witnessed at home as well as the things he had been subjected to. He spoke about how his father would often take pictures of him when he was changing or how he had once left a spy-cam in his room.

After the police left, Li Xiuying stayed a little longer. She just sat by the bed as the siblings cried in each other's embrace. Li Xiuying only left when Yu Guan-Yin and Yu Bai fell asleep clutching each other tightly.

Li Xiuying sighed again and shook her head.

She took her phone out of her pocket to check the time; it was already 6:30 pm. Li Xiuying just wanted to go home, have a long hot shower, put on her polar bear pj's and cocoon herself in her duvet.

Li Xiuying started making her way to her office. This was the most exhausting day she had had since her rebirth.

Chapter 73: Lame Superhero

Half way to her office Li Xiuiyng caught sight of her reflection in one of the windows. She was still wearing her scrubs and theater shoes.

She changed her path and headed to the changing area instead.

Once Li Xiuying was in her street wear she headed for her office once again.

Li Xiuying reached for the door handle and opened the door slightly. She saw the back of someone sitting in the chair opposite her desk. It was clearly Qin Song.

Li Xiuying paused with the door slightly agar 'To enter or not to enter, that is the question.'

Li Xiuiyng chose to leave.

Qin Song turned around to face the door. He could see that the person on the other side had no intention of entering.

Qin Song: "Dr. Li may I have a moment of your time please."

Li Xiuying still did not enter. She heard footsteps approach the door and felt a tug at the door handle. Li Xiuying immediately let go.

Qin Song stood in the door way.

Li Xiuying spoke coldly: "Mr. Qin." Her eyes flicked to the hallway and to the path of escape.

Qin Song took a step forward causing Li Xiuying to wake a step back. He then sidestepped to stand behind her and ushered her into the room. The scene was reminiscent of a sheepdog herding a lost lamb.

Li Xiuying went to her desk and sat in her seat. Qin Song sat opposite her.

Li Xiuying: "Yes?"

Qin Song cleared his throat. : "Dr. Li about the meeting this morning. There seems to have been another misunderstanding between us. Huang Fuhua's operation is beneficial to both the hospital and yourself. You may have wanted to get revenge on the Chen family but there are other ways to do so without sacrificing yourself. Yang Zian would have tried to ruin your career; so it is better that you avoid him altogether. I also want to talk about the allergy incident. You seem to have misunderstood my intention. I wasn't saying I'm allergic to you, I was saying it was your perfume/body mist. If its too much trouble for you to change it then I'll just take the antihistamines if I feel a reaction coming on."

Li Xiuying sighed. 'Why was everything a misunderstanding to this man?'

Although she didn't really want to talk to Qin Song right now; what he said made Li Xiuying contemplate things from Qin Song's point of view. As her employer he was just trying to protect his assets. She was a commodity to Unity hospital.

Li Xiuying also thought back to her initial revenge plan. She had erred in her plotting. Previously she didn't think about the consequences to Unity hospital if she were to operate at Emerald hospital. She would have to make sure that she always ensured she considered the bigger picture.

Qin Song frowned as he looked at the silent Li Xiuying.

Qin Song: "Dr. Li..."

Li Xiuiyng was pulled out of her thoughts by Qin Son'gs voice.

Li Xiuying abruptly stood up: "Leaving."

She would have to do her list odd jobs tomorrow.

Qin Song: "One moment." Qin Song checked his phone quickly and was wondering where his back up was.

Li Xiuying saw that Qin Song had no intention of continuing to talk to further. She picked up her briefcase and intended to leave.

As she opened the door.

A childish voice shouted her name from the hallway: "Big Sisssttttteeeerrrrr Yiiiinnnnngggggg Yyyyyyiiiiinnnngggg!"

Qin Song muttered under his breathe: "Its about time."

Li Xiuying saw a little bun being carried by elder Qin.

Little fourth kept tapping his father's shoulder to walk faster. Elder Qin tried to increase his speed but was struggling to do so. He was out of breathe and his forehead was covered by a sheen of sweat.

Li Xiuying smiled at little 4th.

Qin Song felt his chest constrict when he saw Li Xiuying smile. He searched his blazer for his antihistamines and swallowed one.

Little 4th: "Daddy put me down. You're so out of shape."

Elder Qin felt like crying. This little devil had made him sprint up the stairs because the elevator was taking to long and he was still chastised for being to slow.

Elder Qin put little 4th down.

Little 4th stopped in front of Li Xiuiyng: "Big Sister YingYing. You never called. I was restlessly waiting by the phone." He had a hurt appearance.

Li Xiuying was amused by little 4th's hurt little wife appearance and tone.

Li Xiuying: "Sorry. Long day." She used her gloved hand to pat Little 4th's head trying to placate him.

Li Xiuying: "Sleep over?"

Little 4th face finally said "all in the world is right again."

Little 4th looked at Li Xiuying's face and saw that she looked tired.

Little 4th then looked over to his brother who was standing in the doorway. "Elder brother, why are you tiring out my big sister YingYing. Her work hours have ended."

Qin Song didn't now whether to laugh or cry. Little 4th was meant to help him make a better impression on Li Xiuying. After all she was a very important member of staff and it would be better to have a harmonious work relationship with her.

Little 4th held his small pudgy hand out to Li Xiuiyng. Li Xiuying took his hand and began walking down the hallway. Qin Song followed behind them.

They stopped in front of Elder Qin who was still trying to regulate his breathing.

Little 4th: "Daddy, I'm going to stay over at Big sister YingYing's house. I still have all my things from last time. You can take the lame super hero home."

Elder Qin: "Lame super hero?"

Little 4th used his thumb to point behind him: "Elder brother allergy man."

Elder Qin tried hard to keep his tone serious but it was too difficult to do so when he was fighting to contain his laughter: "Qin Zhen, who told you?"

Little 4th: " I heard mommy telling second brother. Okay daddy, don't hold us up anymore. Big sister YingYing is tired and according to mommy you and big brother already caused enough trouble at your meeting."

Li Xiuying smiled at the little bun who was always looking out for her.

Li Xiuying and little 4th walked away happy down the corridor.

Elder Qin sighed: "What am I going to do with him?" He took out his phone and sent a text to Qin Jingfei.

Qin Song watched as Li Xiuying and Little 4th got further and further away. He decided he would never call Little 4th again. Not only did little 4th not help him with his situation with Li Xiuying, he called him a lame superhero and ran away into the sunset with her.

Li Xiuying and little 4th were happily walking out the exit when a bundle of energy and questions stopped in front of them.

Qin Jingfei: "Dr. Li, little 4th. Uncle told me that you guys are planning a sleepover tonight. I'll be coming with you too." She tried to contain her glee.

Little 4th glared at the 1000 watt light bulb. "What about your own family?"

Qin Jingfei: "It's fine, one night away won't matter. Besides I have to keep an eye one you. You can't simply take advantage of Dr. Li's hospitality when you haven't known her for that long. Okay enough talk lets head over to my car."

Little 4th muttered under his breath whilst following Qin Jingfei: "Stupid cousin, you're the one taking advantage. I've known big Sister YingYing longer than you. You mega-watt light bulb."

They all entered Qin Jingfei's car.

Qin Jingfei was happily chattering while driving: "Dr. Li I still have so many questions to ask you! Like what procedure would you do when a patient.."

Li Xiuying didn't have any energy to deal with Qin Jingfei: "Silence game."

Qin Jingfei: "Huh? Silence game?"

Little 4th: "Cousin Jingfei haven't you heard about the silence game? Its what adults play with little children when they want some peace and quiet. My big sister YingYing is exhausted from working such a long day she isn't an answer machine for your questions. Hmph."

Qin Jingfei immediately turned glum. She didn't mean to tire out Li Xiuiyng she just became overexcited at having another evening to ask Li Xiuying her questions. Its not everyday she had the fountain of knowledge to herself.

The car ride to apartment 5 became peaceful and quiet.

Chapter 74: Who Could Resist?

Apartment 5- 8 pm

Qin Jingfei, Li Xiuying and Little 4th were sitting in the living room.

Qin Jingfei: "Dr. Li also what would you do if..."

Li Xiuying continued to mute out Qin Jingfei's voice. As soon as they entered her apartment Qin Jingfei had launched her tirade of questions. At first Li Xiuying answered a few of Qin Jingfei's questions but when she realized that there was no end in sight she stopped.

Little forth yawned and rubbed his eyes with his little hand: "Big sister YingYing I'm tired."

Li Xiuying: "Me too."

Little 4th: "Good night cousin." His voice contained a little glee that he quickly tried to mask.

Qin Jingfei shouted after them: "Wait. It's still so early. I won't ask any more questions apart from maybe one or ..." She stopped when she realized no one was listening.

Qin Jingfei mumbled unhappy to herself as she sat alone in the living room munching on popcorn.

Qin Jingfei grumbled: "Stupid silence game. What even is that?! How could they just leave me here?! Who goes to bed at 8 pm? What are they like 4?"

Whilst Qin Jingfei was unhappily watching TV Little 4th and Li Xiuying took turns to enter the bathroom and change into their PJ's. Little 4th was in his brown bear pj's and Li Xiuying was wearing her polar bear Pj's.

They were now laying in bed talking in low voices.

Li Xiuying had an amused look on her face as she watched Little 4th become energetic once again: "Sleepy?"

Little 4th ears turned red and he laughed sheepishly at having been found out: "He He."

He knew that his big sister could tell he faked being tired earlier. He just wanted to get away from the question monster.

Little 4th sighed: "Cousin Jingfei is terrible at the silence game."

Li Xiuying nodded. She didn't expect that a 5 year old child could be more quiet that a grown woman. Li Xiuying didn't mind answering a few questions but Qin Jingfei was like a quiz show that never ends. She would answer one question and Qin Jingfei would fire 3 more at her.

Little 4th turned his big shiny eyes to Li Xiuying: "Big sister YingYing will you read to me?"

Li Xiuying became thoughtful. She had only ever read when it was related to her work; she would read medical journals, medical text books, case reports, patient histories, surgical papers etc.

She had never read for pleasure before.

Li Xiuying turned and grabbed her phone from the bedside cabinet. She looked up 'readings apps' and downloaded one.

Li Xiuying: "Genre?"

Little 4th was so happy he could burst. His big sister spoke so little... well unless it was when someone made her angry.

Li Xiuying picked a children's fantasy/adventure novel: "Once upon a time there was a ..."

Little 4th got even more comfortable and drew closer to Li Xiuying.

Unbeknownst to little 4th and Li Xiuiyng Qin Jingfei quietly crept towards Li Xiuying's room to check if they were really sleeping.

The door to Li Xiuying's bedroom was slightly open. She heard Li Xiuying's voice. Li Xiuying usually sounded so cold and detached but the more Qin Jingfei's listened the more soothing and gentle she found the voice. Qin Jingfei thought it must be because of Little 4th presence.

Qin Jingfei didn't enter the room. She thought back to her childhood. Her mother had read to her when she was little and those were some of the fondest memories she had. As she grew older and climbed higher in the career ladder most of her time was spent working. She had forgotten the joys of reading until now.

She quietly sat down outside the room and lent against the wall with her legs folded underneath her. She listened to Li Xiuying's calming voice and let herself escape into a world of adventure.

.....

The Gilded Bonsai restaurant

Jiang Huan was sitting across the table from her rescuer. She was playing with a napkin in between her fingers.

Jiang Huan: "Mr. Tang we've been here for hours and I feel like I've just been talking about myself. I want to hear more about you."

Tang Tingzhe: "Huan, I told you already call me Tingzhe. I would much rather hear about you. Everything about you is interesting and your voice is mesmerizing."

Jiang Huan giggled:"oh you". She flirtation tapped Tang Tingzhe's arm.

Tang Tingzhe: "Your family sounds amazing. Do you see them much?"

Jiang Huan shook her head. Her hair lightly swayed from side to side with the movement. "No, my dad travels a lot for work. They're currently in Japan. I was planning to fly out there the next time I get annual leave."

Tang Tingzhe voice showed even more interest "Oh. I think you mentioned that you started a new job recently. Are you enjoying it?"

Jiang Huan: "Yes! I only started last week Friday. There's been a few mishaps on my part but my employer is great and really understanding. I'm working for this amazing surgeon I even got to go into theater and see her in action. I felt like I was part of a medical drama."

Tang Tingzhe: "That sounds like quite the experience."

Jiang Huan: "It's definitely one of the highlights. But the downside of working for someone so amazing is the amount of correspondence she receives! She receives so many emails, faxes, phone calls from so many departments. I feel like I get buried under paperwork. Sometimes people just show up at the office too especially the 1st year residents. "

Tang Tingzhe sympathized:"That sounds like it can be overwhelming."

Jiang Huan: "It comes with the territory after all Dr. Li is specialized in so many different fields. She does general surgery, pediatrics, A&E I'm not even going to continue the list because it's so long."

Tang Tingzhe: "Dr. Li sounds like an amazing doctor. I don't think I've ever heard of someone who is specialized in so many areas of medicine before."

Jiang Huan: "Nope, she's the only one."

Tang Tingzhe: "Enough about Dr. Li. I want to hear more about the beautiful Jiang Huan." He stretched out his hand and took her hand in his.

Jiang Huan blushed slightly. With her other hand she put her hair behind her ear.

Tang Tingzhe: "I've truly enjoyed tonight. Shall we continue somewhere more comfortable?"

Jiang Huan was in two minds. She really liked Tan Tingzhe but she didn't want to ruin everything by moving too fast.

Tang Tingzhe called a waiter over for the bill. He paid and they exited.

He walked Jiang Huan to her car. She turned around to face him so her back was leaning against the driver's side door. Tan Tingzhe put his arms either side of Jiang Huan and leaned into her so that there was only a few inches of space in between them.

Tang Tingzhe spoke next to Jiang Huan's ear: "You promised me a second date. I'll have to hold you to it."

Jiang Huan felt her breath hitch.

Tang Tingzhe looked into Jiang Huan's eyes before slowly moving his lips closer to hers. Jiang Huan reflexively closed her eyes.

Tang Tingzhe kissed Jiang Huan on the corner of her lips. She immediately opened her eyes surprised.

Tang Tingzhe righted himself: "I don't want to ruin this by moving too fast."

Jiang Huan's heart skipped a beat at hearing her own thoughts verbalized. She blushed and nodded.

Jiang Huan unlocked her rental car. Tang Tingzhe opened the door for her and waited until she slid in before closing it.

Tang Tingzhe watched as Jiang Huan drove away. He whistled happily as he walked to his own car.

Tang Tingzhe felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He smiled as he read the name. Then answered: "Hi baby."

A cutesy female voice rang out: "Tingzhe I miss you. Will you come and see me?"

Tang Tingzhe: "I'm already out of the house and on my way."

Cutesy voice: "Don't take too long."

Tang Tingzhe: "I can't even stand making you wait another second."

Cutesy voice giggled: "I'll see you soon."

Tang Tingzhe: "Okay Baby." He then put the phone down.

Tang Tingzhe: "Women sure are easy." He bent his waist slight and looked at his reflection in the wing mirror of a parked car.

Tang Tingzhe winked at his reflection and checked his hair: "But who could resist?"

Chapter 75: Bottomless Pit

Li Residence

Li Na and her parents were pulling up outside the Li Mansion doors.

After the incidence at the hospital Li Na ran home in flood of tears. She cried out all her grievances to her parents. Her parents did their best to console Li Na.

When Li Na eventually calmed down. Li Na's parents couldn't contain their anger they decided to pay a visit to Li Wang. So he could resolve the situation.

Li Na and her parents walked up the steps to the front door. The maid was already stood at the door holding it open.

Li Na and her parents rushed through into the living room.

Li Mei Wu and Li Yu Na who were calmly drinking tea immediately looked up to see their irate family members.

Li Mei Wu: "What's going on? Na why are your eyes so red and puffy?"

Li Na broke down in tears once more as she told Li Mei Wu and Li Yu Yan about the ruthless injustice she had suffered at the hands of Li Xiuying.

Li Na: "I politely suggested to her that she should fulfill her filial duty to uncle and auntie. You were both so kind to her and have raised her all these years. But she disregarded everything I said. She said that uncle and auntie didn't do anything for her and were just trying to steal her inheritance."

Li Mei Wu voice was a mix of shock and indignation: "She said what?!"

Li Yu Yan held her mother's hand gently and spoke in a sickly sweet voice: "Mommy don't be angry it will only cause your health to suffer. I'm sure Little sister didn't mean what she said. She's probably just going through a rebellious phase. How could she possibly forget everything that you and daddy did for her? You took her in when no one else would, you ensured she had a steady inflow of work and helped her make contacts. You had even arranged a marriage for her."

On the surface Li Yu Yan's words seemed to be defending Li Xiuying but in actuality she was showing the extent of Li Xiuying's wrongdoings.

Li Mei Wu: "That rebellious ungrateful wretch! After everything we've done for her! If it wasn't for us she would have been living on the streets. So what if she has medical skills without our backing no one would have hired her."

Li Yu Yan spoke with sadness: "It's so sad that little sister can't see everything that mommy and daddy have done and the sacrifices you both made."

Li Wang walked through the doors of the living room at this moment.

Li Wang took in the scene before him. His wife was angered to the point the veins in her forehead were throbbing. His daughter's eyes shone with unshed tears and his niece had a red and puffy tear stained faced that looked like she had suffered severe injustice.

Li Wang addressed his sister and brother-in-law: "What's going on here?"

Sister: "Ge you have to get justice for my little Na. That stupid slut made a complete fool out of her."

Li Wang sat down next to his wife: "Who are you talking about?"

Brother-in-law Pan: "Who else could it be except that ungrateful Li Xiuying?!"

Li Wang scowled at the mention of Li Xiuying's name: "What's happened? Tell me everything from the beginning."

Li Na began to recount her tale of woe to her uncle. Her story became even more exaggerated each time she told it.

Li Wang felt like he was punched in the gut. He clenched his fist and slammed it down on the arm rest of the sofa. "How dare that little B**** remove us from the account!!!"

Sister: "Sister-in-law is right! She's completely forgotten her family."

Li Mei Wu also chimed in with righteous words: "That's why they say carnal cravings are never satisfied and are the main obstruction on the path to enlightenment. As soon as Li Xiuying got the scent of money she became a bottomless pit of insatiable greed completely forgetting her filial duty."

Li Na sobbed and hiccuped: "And then uncle... she had two large security guards grab me and drag me out even though I was already leaving on my own. I was completely humiliated. How could she tell those men to handle me so violently?" She then cried even louder.

Sister: "My poor baby girl has been completely humiliated! Has that Li Xiuying completely forgotten what family means?"

Li Wang scowled: "Quiet."

Li Na's sob immediately got caught in her throat.

Li Wang suddenly became anxious. He took out his phone and immediately called Chen Ma. After ringing countless times there was no answer.

He then called Han Liu.

Everyone in the living room watched Li Wang without making a sound.

Li Wang felt that something was wrong when he heard the automated voice. Usually platinum card members would go straight through to their selected adviser and bypass the automated menu. He repeatedly tried to enter the 8 digit security code but it was rejected.

Automated voice: "To speak to one of our advisers please hold."

Adviser:"Hello. How may I help you today?"

Li Wang spoke forcefully: "This is Li Wang. I want to speak to Han Liu."

Adviser: "Mr. Li. Could you please hold for a moment whilst I transfer you?"

Li Wang grunted his agreement.

2 minutes later.

A female voice: "Hello Mr. Li Wang this is..."

Li Wang: "I don't care who you are! I demand to speak to Han Liu now!"

The woman chuckled in a lady-like way.

Li Wang became furious: "How dare you laugh?! Who even are you? I demand to speak to your boss right now?! How dare you think you can treat a customer in such a way?! Do you know how much I'm worth to Nephrite credit agency?!"

The woman's voice remained upbeat and whimsical: "Mr. Li Wang I recommend that you listen to what I have to say without interrupting me."

Li Wang had an ominous feeling.

Female voice: "Now where was I. Oh yes I was about to introduce myself. I am Sima Hwei-ru the current acting CEO of Nephrite credit agency." She paused for effect.

Li Wang: "Miss CEO Sima I I I It's a pleasure to talk to you. Please forgive my words earlier I was unable to control my emotions. Unfortunately there's been a situation with my family that's caused some distress and resulted in my earlier improper behavior. I have heard that Miss Sima is very kind-hearted and magnanimous." Li Wang's voice changed from shock, to servile to charismatic so rapidly it could give someone whiplash.

Sima Hwei-ru had to applaud Li Wang's ability to adapt: "I asked our advisers to transfer all calls related to the previous employee Han Liu."

Li Wang grimaced at hearing Han Li was fired.

Sima Hwei-ru: "Mr. Li it has recently come to my attention that some members of my staff were engaged in illegal activity such as oh I don' know... adding additional card holders to an account without the primary account holders permission. Things of that nature. "

Li Wang was sweating in his seat. He took out his handkerchief from his pocket and dabbed at his forehead and the back of his neck.

Sima Hwei-ru: "Everyone who was engaged in any form of criminal activity has been fired and the majority have been arrested for fraud."

Li Wang cleared his throat: "I'm glad you have caught the miscreants. It is better not to have such people at your agency."

Sima Hwei-ru: "Indeed. But I don't think it's enough. After all, the employees weren't the only ones taking advantage of MY credit agency."

Li Wang: "If the employee's are removed then there should be no way of exploiting the system."

Sima Hwei-ru: "Well Mr. Li. My lawyers and the police have expressed interest in finding the culprits who bribed my former employees and thus had a part in the illegal activity."

Li Wang swallowed.

Sima Hwei-ru laughed gently: "I'm all for equality and being fair. I'm also a stronger believer in sharing. Hence, I felt it fair that the punishment and blame should be distributed equally among all parties involved."

Li Wang: "CEO Sima I ..."

Sima Hwei-ru: "But that's all I know for now. My lawyers and the police have yet to update me."

Li Wang: "Thank you for taking the time to notify me."

Sima Hwei-ru: "Where have my manners gone? Mr. Li you wanted to discuss something today, perhaps I can be of assistance to you?"

Li Wang politely refused: "No no, there's no need. It was only an insignificant inquiry. How could I ask Miss. Sima to do something so menial?"

Sima Hwei-ru: "Mr. Li what are you saying? All my customers are important. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have." Her voice may sound light and breezy but it exerted an unknown pressure on Li Wang.

Li Wang: "Well, well my niece just wanted me to inquire about her account on her behalf of course. But I'll tell her to call later this week."

Sima-Hwei-ru: "Oh Dr. Li? Did she receive her customized card yet?"

Li Wang: "No. She hasn't received anything yet."

Sima- Hwei-ru: "Oh no. How could this be? I'll definitely look into this."

Li Wang: "Thank you Miss. Sima I appreciate... I mean she'll definitely appreciate it."

Sima Hwei-ru: "Think nothing of it. Dr. Li is a very valuable client. If there's nothing else then I'll be ending the call."

Li Wang: "Bye Miss. Sima. Thank y.." He heard the line go dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.8K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
605K 63.7K 25
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
295K 29.6K 32
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
252K 19.2K 39
- Keya x Shivansh Keya Mathur (25yrs old) one of the most youngest and leading wedding planners of India. Shivansh Singh Rawat (27yrs old) the rulin...