Unbreakeable Bond #Project Ni...

Por RhodaKadri

Nathaniel and Toun have been in love since the beginning of their first year in tertiary institutions but th... Más

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter Two

621 141 5
Por RhodaKadri

𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴!

Here comes chapter two of Unbreakable Bond

Enjoy! ☺️

______________________________________

"ARE YOU serious? You are really pregnant?" Tobi, Toun's best friend and roommate asked.

Toun who sat on her bed, nodded nonchalantly. "Yes. That was the result of the test results," she answered her friend.

She had gone for the test as her boyfriend advised and it turned out she was three weeks and four days pregnant. She was surprised because she was never expecting that but at the same time she was glad about it - a reason she still can't say why.

"Oh, my God! Toun!" Tobi exclaimed, feeling uneasy. "what are you going to do about it?" she asked with sincere concern for her friend.

Toun shrugged, although she was wondering why her best friend was worried about the pregnancy.

"There is nothing to do. Just tell the father and plan how I will take care of my child."

"You are not worried?" Tobi asked again, surprised by her friend's nonchalant response.

"No," Toun retorted. "What should I be worried about? It's supposed to be a good news," Toun stated, rolling her eyes as she placed her legs on the other as she sat on the bed.

Tobi shook her head, amazed at her friend's reaction.

"Nathaniel is the father of the child, right?"

"Of course," Toun responded, rolling her eyes at her friend's question.

She found it funny and ridiculous. Her friend knew that she had been dating Nathaniel since their first year in the school and she had not been with anyone except him.

She actually remembered the event that led to the pregnancy. She didn't put much thought into it at the time until now. They always used protection when they made love but that particular day after one of his concerts, they made love without protection.

It wasn't Nathaniel's fault. It was hers. She had stopped taking her pills because she was getting side effects from them and she planned to change the prescription. But she didn't tell her boyfriend. And also that particular day, they were both horny in that situation, they couldn't control their hormones.

Not like she regretted it or hated the pregnancy. In a kind of way, she couldn't explain it, she loved it. She was glad it happened.

Tobi sighed, dropping the test result paper on the reading table beside her. Then she said to her friend.

"I know one thing for sure, Nathaniel loves you and I am confident he will accept your unborn child. But the question is will your parents accept him and the child?" Tobi asked the main question that had been on her mind.

That was the major reason why she was concerned about Toun's pregnancy. Not that she wasn't happy for her friend, but as her best friend and knowing everything that was going on in her life, she knew about the hindrance in her friend's relationship.

Toun suddenly stopped what she was reading as her heart skipped a bit at her friend's question.

She had been trying not to think about that question ever since she found out that she was pregnant, but she couldn't help but do so.

She eventually waved the thought off as she was consumed with the joy of being pregnant with a child for the love of her life.

But now that her best friend asked again, the realization hit her. And it brought a heavy weight of burden on her chest. 

She had been happy about the child she was carrying and also worried about telling Nathaniel about the unborn child but she didn't put much thought on the real issue...

Her parents.

And just like when she got the news, she decided to wave it off again and focus on the present. Her main focus at the moment was revealing the news to her boyfriend.

     *****

The next day after her lecture, Toun went to visit her boyfriend. She had not seen him since the Saturday afternoon when he visited her hostel but they talked on the phone. She didn't tell him anything because she wanted to tell him about their unborn child face-to-face.

Nathaniel and some of his friends were singing and playing their instruments in Nathaniel's hostel when she got to his room. 

As usual, she knocked and walked in even before they answered.

They smiled up at her when they saw her walk in. They all recognized and knew her not just because she was Nathaniel's girlfriend but because she was the queen of her department for two years.

"Hi, Toun," one guy greeted. Then another. "How are you doing?"

"I'm great and you guys?" she asked too with a warm smile on her face.

"We are fine," they replied in unison.

They began to stand on their feet, knowing that the couple needed space.

"You guys don't have leave."

"Our wife, don't worry, we are done with practice." One of the guys assured her. She glanced at her boyfriend who nodded in agreement. Then she breathed out in relief. She doesn't want to be the reason why they had to cut their practice short.

She stride over to sit next to her boyfriend.

"Were you practicing for a show?" Toun asked them as they put their instruments away.

"No," Nathaniel answered her and the others nodded in agreement.

"We will leave you guys alone," one of them told them, wincing at Nathaniel who threw him a squeezed paper and they chuckled before they began to file out of the room.

"Thanks, guys," Toun appreciated with her signature warm smile.

"We are coming back to get what you bring for us, Toun," Peter, Nathaniel's roommate told her and Toun nodded with a chuckle.

She always brings things along for them, most especially on weekends and this made them love her more.
Both she and Nathaniel watched the last two guys leave the room and when they were out of sight Nathaniel pulled Toun closer from the waist and kissed her passionately on the lips.

"Mnn," Toun moaned, grinning before pulling away from him. She seemed glad to be with him. Her eyes shone with love and admiration for the guy, holding her in his arms.

Pulling the hair on her face behind her ear, Nathaniel asked sweetly.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine," Toun replied, drawing a circle on her boyfriend's chest. "How about you?"

He shrugged with a shoulder. "I'm good. No class today?"

"I had. I'm even having a text tomorrow. One of my toughest courses. But God will see me through." she affirmed confidently. "You know your girl get it."

Nathaniel nodded, chuckling.

"Yeah, I know you can do it," he agreed, rubbing her back and she smiled at him with gratitude.

Then she leaned close to him and kissed him on the cheeks. Nathaniel grinned, a little flushed which Toun found so cute.

After talking for a while, Nathaniel suddenly asked.

"What's wrong, babe?" he queried. He could tell that something was wrong with her. She had been acting a little weirdly and from years of being together, he could tell that she was worried and had something to say. "Is something wrong?"

His face has morphed into a concerned one.

"I have something to tell you," she started, looking away from him.

He gave her a questioning look, face contoured with concern as she took her bag from the floor where she had dropped it and she brought out a paper from the middle of her big notebook.

"Here." She gave him the result of her test. He took it from her and unfolded the paper.

He stared at it with an impassive face for what seemed like forever to Toun.

His silence made Toun worried and she kept staring at his face, waiting anxiously for him to say something.

Since he wouldn't say anything she decided to break the silence in the room.

"I'm pregnant," she announced as if she was interpreting what was in the paper for him even when she knew that he clearly understood what was in the paper.

Anxiously, she glanced at him, awaiting his response while her heart beat frantically in her chest for the outcome of her statement.

"Yes, I can see that," Nathaniel replied, swallowing hard. He ran his hand through his hair. "That is what is in here. You are three weeks and four days pregnant."

His voice was void of any emotion as he stared at the writing on the paper. That made Toun worried. His silence was deafening and it scared her to the bone.

"I forgot to tell you that I stopped using my pills. Then I wanted to change the product as I was getting a reaction from the previous one. And that day after the student union party... We were..."

He stopped her with his lips, pressing a kiss to her lips. The action surprised Toun, but her surprise quickly morphed into that of relief.

But she wasn't entirely relieved yet. She still needed to confirm what he thought of the news.

"I'm not worried about that," he said when he pulled away.

"You are the father," she stated like she wanted him to know.

Nathaniel chuckled lightly. "Do I need anyone to tell me that? I know. I trust you," Nathaniel answered, dropping the paper on his guitar.

Her eyes pooled with tears as she stared at him, relief washing over her features. Then her lips stretched into a grin.

Nathaniel added. "Though, I'm not expecting this, Toun. We didn't plan for this but it has happened. And it's my child that you are carrying." He unconsciously looked at her flat belly. "There is no need to ask if I am accepting it or not because I am. That's my first child."

Toun face lit up on hearing those words from him. It filled her with so much joy and she beamed.

"I guess we are going to be mommy and daddy," Toun stated with laughter while Nathaniel chuckled in agreement.

But the smile disappeared as fast as it came which Toun didn't fail to notice.

"What is it, babe?"

Nathaniel let out a heavy sigh and he peered up at her.

"Toun, I'm ready to do anything for you and our unborn child." Unconsciously, he looked at her belly again. "but you know it won't be easy for both of us."

"What do you mean?" She knew what he meant but she wanted him to voice out his concerns.

"You know that I am struggling to fend for myself and now that you are pregnant. It's going to be hard. I have to think of how to take care of the child and us. This is going to be hard."

A small knowing smile spread across Toun's face. She moved closer to him and cupped his face with her slender hands.

"I know. I'm aware of your financial problems and just like I have always said, I don't care. We will find a way. What matters is that we are together and you are here for us," she told him, her voice laced with sincerity and love.

But Nathaniel wasn't convinced. "You know my presence only isn't good enough," he debunked, sadly.

"We will manage, babe," Toun assured him, understanding his concern. "I and the baby will be fine as long as you are here with us."

"You have no problem with the baby, right?" Toun asked again to make sure of how he felt.

Nathaniel's brow furrowed slightly, then he pulled her closer from the waist. "Of course not, I don't. It's my child and I would never reject the child. I love you both. And funny as it sounds, I'm already anticipating being a dad."

He chuckled and she joined him, gladly. 

After a couple seconds of silence, he said. "I-I know you are strong... but can you handle this?" Nathaniel asked his girlfriend, staring at her face with sincere concern. He was a little worried that the newfound development between them might affect her - both physically and emotionally.

"Yes, I can," Toun assured him sincerely. She sounded confident. "I will do anything for you and our child."

Her words filled him with relief. But they still have a problem.

A much bigger problem.

And sooner or later, they still have to talk about it.

He decided to speak up concerning the matter.

"How and when are you going to tell your parents?" he asked her. "You know that you can't hide it from them forever."

Toun let out a sigh and looked away from him. As much as she didn't want to talk about it, she knew Nathaniel would eventually bring it up. She just didn't expect it to be so soon.

The fact that they needed to talk about her parents, ruining the mood annoyed her a little. But there was nothing she could do but address the issue.

Since she found out about the pregnancy, she has been thinking about it too but she still doesn't know what to do about telling her parents.

Because of that, she decided to wave the topic off for the time being.

"Another time, babe. Let's not ruin the day for now." She waved the matter off. She was already having headaches just from thinking about it.
And she doesn't want anything to ruin her good mood at the moment. "For now, let's celebrate our unborn baby. We would be parents soon."

"We have to talk about it sooner or later," Nathaniel insisted, worry etching his face.

"I know but stop ruining the fun, Nathaniel. Please, can't you just let it go for now. Please," Toun pleaded with a pout. She urged him on. "We will talk about it another time."

Before he could say anything in protest, she wrapped her hand around him and closed the distance between them. And like she expected he gave in, surrendering under her touch and kiss.

     ******

Here is the second chapter. Thanks for choosing to read my book.
Please, don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you.

© 𝐑𝐇𝐎𝐃𝐀 𝐎. 𝐊𝐀𝐃𝐑𝐈
𝑨𝒍𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕 𝑶𝒇 𝑳𝒖𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

35.2K 4.8K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...
343K 6.6K 52
Emotions are what makes us human, especially love. Caring for other individuals keeps our humanity intact. But, what's Peri to think when the very fe...
699K 24.9K 32
Losing his wife by a ghastly accident Nathaniel Carter turns from being a husband to becoming a housewife. Now left to cater for this three years old...
21.7K 842 12
She waited for so long to see him again, her childhood friend. After years of talking to him just through letters and in rare occasions, through the...