Dragon Tide Chronicles: Dawn...

Od DracoWyrm

This book is co written by Blake D. Price (Me) and Kamari (On booksie). Around ten years ago, war ravaged the... Viac

Dragon Tide Chronicles: Dawn Rising
Chapter 1: New Era *
Chapter 2: Mystery Afternoon *
Chapter 3: The Mysterious Renegade: The Name
Chapter 4: The Feltatus Madhour
Chapter 5: Silent Sentinel
Chapter 6: Spiraling Vortex
Chapter 7: Darkness of the Unknown
Chapter 8: Sapphire Song
Chapter 9: A Razed Memory
Chapter 10: Seamless and Endless Rage
Chapter 11: A Vampire And A Girl
Chapter 12: Insignia of Storms
Chapter 13: The Murrmuring King of Light
Chapter 14: Alexander
Chapter 15: Sapphirana, City of Eternal Beauty
Chapter 16: Bejeweled Realm
Chapter 17: The Assembly (Short Chapter!!!)
Chapter 19: The Sapphire Elder, Tom Torikson (Act 1 Finale)
Act Two: The Tides of Darkness
Chapter 20: Recovery Delta
Chapter 21: Noltandalus, The Skykeeper
Chapter 22: Homeland
Chapter 23: The World on A Knife's Edge
Chapter 24: The Vile Covenant
Chapter 25: So It Begins
Chapter 26: It's All Downhill From Here
Chapter 27: Some Extra Action
Chapter 28: Flight of the Flaming Falcon
Chapter 29: Naltheria, Blazing Mistress of Ruvain
Chapter 30: Blazing Fury
Chapter 32: Prelude to Sunset
Chapter 33: Battle of Sunset, Alexander vs Quin Crown
Chapter 34: Spiral and Dance
Chapter 35: Dire Chase
Chapter 36: Destiny's Force (Act 2 Finale)
Act Three: Insurrection
Chapter 37: Arrival
Chapter 38: The Temple Guardians
Chapter 39: Nightmares of the Past
Chapter 40: Venture into the Jaws of the Desert
Chapter 41: The Gulch of Sand: The Chaotic Desert
Chapter 42: Sunneroria, Blazing City of Dawn
Chapter 43: Desert Stirring
Chapter 44: Prelude to New Dawn
Chapter 45: Tears of a Dragon
Chapter 46: Voice of the Goddess of Light
Chapter 47: Open Your Eyes
Chapter 48: War Begins
Chapter 49: Wrath of the Desert
Chapter 50: Covenant: Light
Chapter 51: Post Dilemma
Chapter 52: Alexander: Fury of the Storm
Chapter 53: Alexander: Source of Ever Burning Hate
Chapter 54: Naka'sakor ni'Sada
Chapter 55: To Break the Fury of the Heart
Chapter 56: Abyss of Shadow (Dragon Tide Act 3 Finale)
Act 4 and Update Details
Chapter 57: Call of The Lost King
Chapter 58: Flying on Crimson Wings
Chapter 60: The Shadow Made Clear
Chapter 61: Across the Frozen Sea
Chapter 62: The Eleventh Hour
Chapter 63: Redemption
Chapter 64: War Carried On Ships
Chapter 65: Hymn Of The Hurricane
Chapter 66: Prelude to Descent
Chapter 67: The Last Lines Drawn
Chapter 68: Demon Shaft, Day One
Chapter 69: The Battle Begins: The Alesia Ocean
Chapter 70: The Ancient One
Chapter 71: Betrayal
Chapter 72: The Sun Devouring Shadow
Chapter 73: Requiem of Chaos
Chapter 74: The Last Wind
Chapter 75: The Final Sacrifice
Chapter 76: Dawn Rising (Final Chapter)
Epilogue: Entombed
- Final Thank You and Final Dedication
- Upcoming Books By DracoWyrm

Chapter 59: The King of Light

417 7 0
Od DracoWyrm

Chapter 59: The King of Light

I wake up with a start, when I realize we aren’t flying anymore.

“Where are we?” I ask, my voice echoing for some reason.

“Flax dropped us off here, we’re in some cave area.” My mother says beside me.

I look out at the area, and realize what we really are in.

“We’re not in a cave, we’re in a city. Alexandi Hall.” My mother squints a little, and then she gasps, seeing what I am seeing.

“It… still burns? These fires should have long burned out!” She exclaims, as she gazes on the burning city. I didn’t understand it either, but I knew we couldn’t waste time.

“Come on, let’s try and find Alexandi, he has to be around somewhere. But where would he be…?”

Mother gazes at the center of the city, where the palace stands.

“I have a feeling I know where we need to go. The last place where he was alive.” More than anyone else, Mother probably is the single best person to talk to about what happened to Alexandi, as she was the one who fought him to the death in their last battle.

Come, and face your old foe, and learn the truth of the past, as well as your future. Here, where it all began, and here, where it will all end.”

I whirl around, to see who spoke to me, but there was no one there. My mom looks at me with concern.

“Are you alright, Dani?” I don’t answer right away, but eventually slightly shake my head yes.

Why am I hearing these voices? First I start understanding Anceint Dragonic, and now I’m hearing voices. What’s going on?

Troubled, I make my way down to the city, and into the streets, Mom following close behind. I look around, puzzled.

“I guess I should be grateful, but why are there no bodies or skeletons here? Countless people died here…”

This place is forever trapped, in memory. Lost between the past and the present, ever wandering.”

I look straight ahead, and see a faint outline of a figure, walking away from us, towards the city center. I start after it, rushing to catch up with it, but it simply walks faster, and eventually disappears. Mom catches up with me and yells,

“What’s with you? You’re acting strange! You just chased after…” She pauses as we realize where we stand.

At Alexandi’s Palace. We look up at the steps, and see none other than Alexandi walking down the steps.

“Hello, Danica Crown. I have been waiting, for a while now. It’s good to see you, again. And you too, Elizabeth.” He smiles after he finishes speaking, while I just stare at him, stunned.

He looks nothing like before.

He has long black hair, which part of it covers the left half of his face, and deep blue eyes, filled with all the years he has lived, full of both joy and great pain. His rather frail body is covered by a black cloak, while wearing light armor. The stories I remember about him depict him as a more strong, mighty being, and yet I can’t help but think…

“That I look rather weak? Considering my position, I am.” He says, his voice rather hoarse.

“How are you…?” Mom whispers.

“I’m not, actually. When Danica slew Light, number seven of the Covenant, a part of my soul was returned to me. I am still quite, ah…. dead.”

He attempts a smile, but instead doubles over, coughing.

“Pardon me,” He says with one last cough, “But I’m not in the best state anymore… please, come in. I have much to discuss with you.” With that, he turns and walks back up the steps, the doors of the palace open for him, and he turns and looks down at us.

“Well, come on. You don’t have time to waste.”

I look over at Mom, and I dare to ask,

“Should we trust him?” Mom laughs dryly.

“I really don’t think there’s a choice. Besides… what if he can save Alexander somehow?” I reluctantly nod.

“Alright. Let’s hurry up and see what he wants.”

We advance up the steps, unsure of what awaited us ahead. When we reach the top, Alexandi proceeds inside, and we quickly follow suit, the rather haunting city outside was less appealing. But the interior was still not exactly orderly, it was like someone had taken a sledgehammer to everything. Alexandi walked through two double doors, as if he wasn’t solid, and the doors quickly open for us, and we head inside, into a massive throne room.

The doors close slowly behind us, and we look for Alexandi, but don’t see him.

“Where’d he go?” I ask Mom.

“I’m up here.” Alexandi calls from the opposite end of the throne room, seated on a broken throne. “Come, and sit down. We have much to discuss.” He indicates two chairs, one for each of us. We walk up to them, and slowly sit down, slightly weary of him.

“Good, now… it’s time to talk, Danica. Get comfortable, because we’re going to be here for as long as it is absolutely necessary.” I get uncomfortable really fast.

“But what about Alexander?” I blurt out.

His eyes narrow sharply as he frowns. “Alexander? What about him?”

I get irritated, really really fast. “You mean you didn’t know that Alexander is on his deathbed?! We came here because we thought you knew and were going to help…” He raises a hand to silence me.

“In any case, Danica. Don’t worry about it. I’ve stopped time outside of the city, so you don’t have to worry about it.”

I gasp in shock.

Did he just say… he can stop time?!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

16.7K 808 47
"I died in my sleep. I'd lived a good life, despite my less-than-stellar upbringing, and my teenage years. Having an immortal Dark Lord after you bec...
1.6K 35 70
CONTENT CONTAINS : SELF HARM SUICIDAL THOUGHTS SUICIDE ATTEMPT MENTAL ILLNESS SEXUAL CONTENT DRUG USE ASSAULT TORTURE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUAGE IF Y...
120K 3.2K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
126 39 25
"No where to run, No place to go, No where is safe, but here." ~*~ Years have passed since Edg...