True Heir

By euphoria_nina

So, apparently the richest man in the state is now close friends with me, a diner girl. And apparently his be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43: II
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Reminder to Rude Readers

Chapter 17

101K 3.4K 136
By euphoria_nina

Chapter 17

Today was the day that we finally take back what's ours.

Jamie said I had to look my best, so she told me what to wear last night and laid it all out.

I was wearing a plain midnight blue dress that hugged my body and landed till mid thigh. It had a boat neckline and had sleeves that landed above my elbows. I wore a thin white leather belt around my waist with a silver buckle. I slipped on my beige Louboutin heels and put on some Sapphire earrings and a matching necklace. Of course my mom's bracelet was already on my wrist. My hair was neatly wavy and I put on some light makeup and lipstick.

"Nina! Time to go!" Jace called.

"Coming!" I said as I got my white clutch and white coat.

I went to the living room and saw Jace looking at his silver Rolex. He was wearing a black Armani suit with a dark purple tie under his dark gray coat.

"You ready?" he asked grabbing my clutch that I handed to him so I can put my coat on.

I nodded buttoning up my coat. "Yeah. Let's do this." I said determined as he handed me back my clutch.

He smiled proudly at me and kissed the top of my head. "Let's go, then."

Once we arrived at MV Corporation Jace told me to put on massive sun glasses so people wouldn't recognize me yet. He reminded me to keep my head held high and walk with confidence, just like a Maxfield.

Mr. Dale got out of his car first and his driver took it away. Jace's bodyguard got out of the car and opened the door for us. I got out of the car right after Jace and soon a light gray BMW pulled up as our car drove away. I smiled at the person who came out of the back seat.

"Hi." I said hugging him and kissing his cheek.

"Hi, George." I said smiling at Jake's bodyguard.

"Ma'am." He said smiling politely and nodding.

"Hey." Jake said and kissed my temple. "How you feeling?"

"Nervous." I said softly releasing as breath.

"Just relax. Stay confident. Jace and I are here for you." He said giving me a comforting smile. "Remember, this your day."

Yes. This is my day. The day the Maxfield blood line came back from the dead. The day that the empire will be returned to its true ruler, and the day that the fakes will step down from their throne.

Jake and I walked hand in hand as we headed into the lobby and to the elevator. Jace, his bodyguard, Mr. Dale,  George, Jake and me.

was actually pretty excited despite being nervous. I know I sound mean but, I really want to see their faces when they get the news, when their whole world comes crashing down and they realize that their crowns have been taking away.

We arrived at the meeting room and Jace and Mr. Dale went in first. I was hidden behind  the two bodyguards, Jake in front of them.

We sat down at the rectangular table. Marian was in front of Jace and Victor was in front of Jake. Bianca was also there and I was sitting in front of her. Mr. Dale was beside Jace. It was Mr. Dale, Jace, Jake and me. The guards waited outside.

"Well, now that everyone's here, let's get this contract signed shall we." Marian said proudly. I saw Victor smirk smugly and Bianca smile at me matching her boyfriend's.

"I'll go straight to the point." Jace started seriously. "Jake and I have already spoken." he said looking at Jake who nodded. He then looked back at Marian. "We'll sign the contract."

"I knew you'd say yes—" Marian said smugly but Jace cut her off.

"We will only sign the contract when you return the Corporation to it's rightful owner."

I felt Jake put his hand on my lap and I placed my hand in his as he intertwined our hands.

This was it.

Marian and Victor looked confused and so did Bianca. Marian looked at her son for an answer but he only shrugged confused.

"I'm sorry?" she said innocently because she doesn't know who Jace is, but we all know that she knows the truth; that she stole this company and made it her own.

"This company doesn't belong to you Mrs. Winston." Jace said in a business tone, still being respectful even in this case.

Marian narrowed her eyes, Victor matching hers. "What are you talking about? Jared left this company in her name—" Victor started but was cut off.

"We both know that's not true Victor." Jake was the one that spoke now. "This company doesn't belong to you or your mother."

He scoffed and opened his mouth to say something when Marian raised her hand stopping him.

She was glaring at them now and her face was beginning to turn into a scowl. "Then who do you think it belongs to?" she more less spat out. "There's no one left in to take the reigns."

It was my turn to speak so before anyone else spoke I put my hand up to my sunglasses and took them off. "It belongs to me." I said bravely.

I saw the shock on all of their faces as they looked at me. My hair was cut and neatly down instead of it's usual long messy state, with my make up, making my face brighter and the fact that I was wearing diamonds on my ears and neck, and my body was clothed with designer brands, they couldn't have recognized me at all.

"Nina, what the hell are you doing in my building?" Marian frustrated as she stood up and put both her hands on the table.

I smirked at her and stood up as well. "It's actually my building, Marian."

Bianca scoffed. "This girl is crazy."

"You can say goodbye to your bank account and Paris, you brat. How dare you tell them! And you know perfectly well that your father put everything under my name...including you."

I scoffed. "Please, my father put nothing under your name. Not a dime. Not even me."

She opened her mouth to say something but I stopped her. "You lied to me; to everyone. You faked my father's Will. You stole my father's company! You stole everything that's rightfully mine!" I said raising my voice.

She scoffed. "I never did such a thing."

"Oh, really? Then why do I have proof?"

She rolled her eyes. "You have no proof, cause there's no proof to begin with; I never did anything."

I smiled sweetly at her. "I'm sorry. Where are my manners. I forgot to introduce you to someone."

"Who your lawyer?" She said looking at Mr. Dale and then back at me. "Or should I say your boyfriend's lawyer. That's why you went out with him didn't you? To get a lawyer and prove me of something I never did." She spat.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "No, Marianna. Mr. Dale here isn't Jake's lawyer, or mine. I want you and your son to meet my long lost brother."

She actually laughed. The woman actually laughed. "You've finally broke. You're crazy. You're brother's been dead for years."

"No, he's actually been alive for years. He had amnesia all this time and he got adopted by a family and lived a wonderful life." I said smiling teasingly the whole time. "He's actually the CEO of Fox Industries now."

Her jaw dropped and her eyes widened, and so did Victor's and Bianca's.

"I want you to meet my brother." I said and turned my head to look at Jace who was watching us with a smug and proud look on his face. "Aiden Jason Maxfield. Or as he's known for the past few years, Jason Fox."

Jace smirked at them and they stared at him in disbelief. Marian snapped back to reality and faced me again. I could tell she was really angry cause of her face. She was clenching her jaw and she shooting me with daggers at me with her eyes, her face turning a shade of red.

Once again she opened her mouth to say something, but I put a hand up and stopped her knowing what she was gonna say. "We already did a blood test. He's my brother. And for the rest of the files, including the Will and other papers about the ownership of the company, Mr. Dale here, has already got everything."

"Will and Testament, blood tests, everything. I have filed for your arrest as well, Ms. Winston. This is a huge crime you have committed, and you will pay your dues." Mr. Dale said.

"Y-you can't do that! You're faking everything—!" she screamed angrily, slowly losing her mind, but Jace stopped her from throwing a fit.

He was now also standing and glaring at Marian. "We have brought this to court Marian." he said using her first name, all signs of respect gone. "Even if your husband pays the bail, Cordelia and I will get our home back, and our father's company. After all, it did state in my father's Will that Cordelia's the true heir to the Maxfield Corporation empire."

Yes, Marian's back with her ex-husband. I honestly wasn't surprised. It's Marian after all.

"You're lying!" Victor said angry as well. "We need proof of this idiotic claim of yours—"

"All the proof you need, you'll see in court." Mr. Dale said, cutting him off.

"H-how—" she stuttered but once again Jace cut her off.

"It wasn't simple, I can tell you that." Jace said. "You are very good in hiding your records and secrets, but you're  not the only one who know powerful people Marian." he said smirking. "And you're forgetting, I'm Jared Maxfield's son, I know my father and he wouldn't put anything under your name...ever."

"You tricked me and made me believe everything after my father died. You lied to me and to everyone."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "It's not my fault you're an idiot."

"I was a child who just lost her father! You vile, cruel, bitch!" I yelled letting all my anger out. I couldn't take it anymore, I needed to let it pour out. "Do you have any idea what I've been through?!"

"Hey! Shut up—" Victor started to complain, but I cut him off as my head snapped to him.

"You shut up, you egotistical, lazy, idiot!"

Victor's eyes turned into slits and he clenched his jaw. "What was that?"

I scoffed and smirked at him. "Don't think that you're not gonna be punished either. Just because you were a child back then, you were still in on her plan. So, don't think I'm done with you.

I turned back to Marian who looked like smoke was about to burst from her ears. Her hands were clenched tightly on top of the table, her knuckles turning white. "I lost my mother and brother, and then I lost my father, and you being a selfish bitch you are decided to take advantage of a broken little girl. You took everything I had left away from me! You and you're stupid son deserve the punishment you're about to get."

I remembered the pain I felt when my dad died, when I was left to her. I remember the depression I felt growing up, the loneliness and emptiness. The hardships I had to go through just to earn money for school and necessities. The emotional wounds that they inflicted on me. I let it all pour out. I finally did.

Marian glared and sneered at me. She was on the brink of lashing out. "I want you all out of my building—" she said through gritted teeth.

"My building. I want you out of my building." I said seriously. My eyes then went to Victor and Bianca. "All of you."

All three of them were now standing glaring at me making no move to leave. It was starting to be a staring a staring contest, or more like a glaring contest.

"I will call the police, Marianna. I want you out of this building in five minutes." I threatened. "Leave while you still have some dignity left."

"This is not over, Cordelia. I will get a lawyer—" Marian threatened.

"Yes. It's not over because I will see you in court and I will see the both of you locked away behind bars." I said standing my ground.

"Go ahead and get a lawyer. I. Don't. Care." I spat.

"Leave, Marian. While I still let you leave without handcuffs." Jace threatened.

The three of them eventually left the room and we followed them out till the elevator where four security men where waiting for them.

Once they got in the elevator they were all glaring at me and I just stood there with a smug look on my face.

"We'll see you in court, Marianna." I said smirking at her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 31.8K 31
"Zachary." I snickered. He growled playfully as I laughed, dodging his attempt to grab me and took off running in a random direction. I ran with Zac...
3.8K 54 19
Hi. I'm Kenzie Anderson. I'm not really good with these things so let's keep it straight forward. My parents just told me that my arranged soul mates...
121K 4.6K 34
My luck with a guy has been sucks for a while. My friend told me that maybe I need to try a new way. I always take everything seriously in relationsh...
8.5K 259 43
Idk wtf this is. Enjoy my first attempt at creating a story. (It's probably gonna suck lol) Summary: You kinda do some illegal stuff with your bestie...