Lifeline || Liam Payne (UNDER...

By awliam

More

Lifeline- A One Direction Fanfiction
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
-Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
-Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 17

1.5K 20 8
By awliam

**Lauren's POV** 

"Strawberry for me, and vanilla for the lady." Liam tells the bald ice cream man as he scoops the frozen treat and smashes it in the cone. 

Once Liam paid him and I grabbed our icreams and headed toward the play ground area where everyone else was.

"No ice cream for me?" Zayn pouted. 

"Get your own." I chuckle before grabbing Liam's hand and sitting on a bench.

"You guys did great at the concert last night." I say to Liam.

"You looked great the the concert last night." He winked and I just rolled my eyes.

I look over at the play area, carefully inspecting everyone. Maggie and Niall were standing by the slide, making out. Louis was singing the Barney theme song while Harry was recording him, and Zayn was sitting on the swing with some little girl, making her giggle. 

I get bored and decide to tweet. 

@Lauren_Styles: Ice cream, hot sun, and play grounds. I LOVE AMERICA! And Liam ;)

Seconds letter I receive a tweet from Liam. Before reading it I look up to see him grinning at me.

@Real_Liam_Payne: @Lauren_Styles: Bought the ice cream, it's only hot cos of me, and we're sitting on a bench. Love you 2 ;)xx

"You're such a retard." I laugh as I slip my phone in my bag. 

"I'm ready to go if you are." I sigh.

Liam agrees and stands up, wrapping his arm around my waist. Once we gather everybody we head into the car and back up to the hotel.

"Shit." Zayn mumbled as he looked outside the car window. Our of confusion, we all did the same and let out huge gasps. There were hundreds of fans and paparazzi sounding the hotel. Luckily they were being held back by cops, so we didn't have to sneak around the back.

"Everyone keep calm and just smile and wave." Liam says as the car comes to a halt. 

Niall opened up and door and grabbed Maggie's hand. Next out was Zayn, then Louis, then harry, and last Liam and I. When I stepped out of the van I was blinded with various flashes. 

Liam wrapped his arm tightly around me and started to walk slowly, smiling and waving with his free hand. 

"Lauren! I thought you and Liam broke up." Some one screamed.

"Harry are you still single?" 

"Harry, Harry, how do you feel about your little sister dating Liam?" 

"Niall, are you cheating on Maggie with Demi?" 

I tried to ignore the stupid questions and continue to smile and wave. 

I looked up at Liam and he looked back, pecking my lips. 

"Liam!" I whisper-scream. 

"Just for the paps." He winks.

Before we walk into the lobby door, the boys stopped to pose and dragged Maggie and me into the picture. Of course we're sort of used to this so we went along and posed.

"Are you sure you girls aren't famous?" Louis jokes once we enter the lobby, making our way to the lift.

"We're secret actresses." Maggie says to Lou ruffling his hair. 

DING

The lift rang, meaning it was our floor.

"Hey babe I'll be in Harry' room with Lou." Liam says, wrapping his arm and around me and stepping in for a kiss. 

"And I'll be with Niall." Maggie says, popping up in between us. 

"Way to ruin the moment." I mumble. "Alright, I'll just be in my room like a loner." I laugh before skipping to my room. 

I turned on the stereo and turned it up loudly. 

"I WANNA BE BILLIONAIRE SO FREAKING BAD! BUY ALL OF THE THINGS I NEVER HAD." I sing-scream on the top of my lungs, skipping around my room like a kid. 

I decided that I was uncomfortable so I threw off my six inch heels and stripped off my skinnies and blouse, throwing on Liam's basketball shorts and Maggie's football jersey. 

"OH EVERYTIME I CLOSE MY EYES! I SEE MY NAME IN SHINING LIGHTS!" I continued singing. Well, screaming.

"Having fun?" A voice asked, making me yelp and jump five feet in the air. I turned my head to see Zayn smirking at me.

"Don't do that to me, ever again." I said, hugging him. 

"I'm sorry. I just got bored being alone. So I came to keep you company." He grins.

"Well come and sit." I giggle. "I'll turn down the music." 

Zayn does as I told as I turn the music down to a low whisper. When I come back I see Zayn sitting on the couch, grinning happily at me.

"Let's play the question game." He says.

"What's that?"

"It's where you ask each other a question and they HAVE to answer it truthfully." He says, putting emphasis on "have."

"Okay. You go first." I smiles.

"Who was your first kiss?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Um, this kid in sixth grade, he was Harry's best friend and we were playing spin the bottle. Harry punched him after he kissed me."  I say, smiling of the thought of Harry punching him. It was rather funny, but I felt bad afterwords. 

"Great, your turn." He says, still smiling. 

"What is one thing people don't know about you?" 

"I'm a bigger flirt than Harry." He blushing. 

"Awe. I'm thirsty." I say, jumping up and walking to the counter, Zayn following.

"What's your darkest secret?" He asks.

I gulp, afraid to tell him. But for some reason, right now I feel like I could tell Zayn anything. 

"When I was younger I was super depressed and I started cutting myself." I say sadly, slowly showing him my wrist. 

"Don't ever do it again." He whispers, kissing my wrist. 

"I won't babes, I'm better now. It's my turn... So if you could be anybody who would it be?" 

"Liam. Because he's great looking and he's really kind." He smirks.

"Good choice." I wink. "Your turn!" I grin.

"What- what would you do if I was to kiss you?" He asks.

"What?" I ask. 

Zayn didn't reply, he just started moving in closer.I wanted to move, but I was scared and in shock. 

"Hey Babe, have you seen-" Liam walks through the door but stops once he's sees me and Zayn. Of course I wasn't doing anything, Zayn was... But it probably didn't look like it. 

"Liam!" I exclaim, shoving Zayn out of the way.

"No. Stop." He says, ordering me to a halt.

"Liam it really wasn't it looks like." I say, tears pricking my eyes.

"It was exactly what it looks like. You were going to kiss him!" He says, his voice squeaky. 

"No, Liam! He was going to kiss me. I swear!" I say, crying now. 

Liam ignored me and turned his attention to Zayn. 

"She was the girl? Lauren was the girl that you love?"  Zayn looks down and nods. 

Wait? Love?

"Liam, please believe me." I cry out

"I would if I could. I hope you're happy." He says, tears streaming down his face. 

Before I could say anything he rushed out the room, slamming the door behind him. 

I fall to my knees, burying my head in my hands and sobbing.

"This is all your fault!" I scream at Zayn.

"Lauren I'm sorry." He says quietly.

"Because of you I just lost one of the most amazing person ever! You had to go and try to kiss me, didn't you? Well congratulations Zayn, you just ruined my whole life. I never want to talk to you even again Zayn Malik! Now get out!" I yell. 

"Lauren..." He reached his hand out.

"Get out!" I slap his hand away and point him to the door. 

Zayn nods and walks out, but not before whispering a sorry. 

"FUCK!" I scream on the top of my lungs. "FUCK!" 

I decide to go and chase after Liam. I keep on what I was wearing and threw on sandals. The first place I went was his room, which he wasn't there. When I went into Lou's room I found him and Harry whispering.

"Where's Liam?" I ask hopefully.

"We're not aloud to tell you." Louis says, glaring at me.

"Oh for fuck's sake! You don't really think I'd try to kiss Zayn, do you? He was going to kiss me! Now tell me where he is!" I yell, angry now.

"He's at the park." Harry mumbled. 

I turned on my heel, running down the stairs and outside, avoiding the people. I was literally running full speed to the park. Not that I was a fast runner or anything, because I'm actually quite slow.

Once I got to the park I saw Liam sitting under a tree far out in the field of flowers. I quickly walked up to him, trying to fight the tears.

"Liam..." I say, getting him attention. When he looked at me he had a hurt look on his face and his eyes were red and puffy like he was crying.

"Sit down." He said calmly, patting the ground next to him.

I sighed and sat down. "I would never cheat on you Liam, I love you." I say quietly.

"Do you?" He asked, looking me in the eye. 

Ouch, that really hurt.

"I do. A lot. And I was never going to kiss him. You saw me, I was just standing there, he was leaning in. I don't like Zayn like that. I don't want to lose you Liam, you're my everything." I say, a tear drop falling from my eye.

"Youre telling the truth." He says, still looking me in the eye and furrowing his eyebrows."

"So you believe me?"

Liam nods. "I'm going to kick Zayn's ass." He says, pulling me into a hug. 

I smiled to myself and hugged him back. "Violence solves nothing." I laugh.

"You're right. But you're not aloud to be with him alone." He said sternly.

"Don't worry father, I yelled at him and told him to never speak to me again." I giggled.

"Good girl." He kissed my forehead. 

I lay my head down on his lap, taking in the sky's scenery. As Liam stroked my hair I quietly hum the song Love Story, by Taylor Swift.

"I love you Lauren." He whispers.

"I love you too." I whisper back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.3K 1.2K 33
One shots for everyone! :) Enjoy reading! :)
26.8K 1.5K 20
a pooh shiesty urban fanfiction. © SHI3STY '21
322 25 21
.
23.1K 1.3K 35
Kpop star, actor and model - Park Jinyoung Clueless neighbour, CEO and foreigner - Jackson Wang Let's try writing from one POV?