Chapter 22

Sorry for such a late update...

Harry's POV

"Yes, I'm sure. Yes, yes. Thank you, I'll see you tomorrow." Liam says to the person he is on the phone with.

"So... Is this plan a good one? Or is it stupid?" I ask, playing with the blankets on Lauren's bed.

"Good, yet stupid." He smirks.

My face contorted into a confused look.

"Huh?"

"You'll see tomorrow." He smiles and walks away.

"What is he talking about?" Lauren asks, startling me.

"You're up? I don't know, I think he's blown his top and gone crazy." I chuckle.

"Great, just what I need..." She sighs.

"I think you need a hug." I smirk. She nods her head and quickly sits up. I crawl over to her and wrap my arms around her.

"I missed this." She giggles.

"Me too. Everything has been so crazy we never get to hug!" I laugh, trying not to sound sad.

"I know you're sad Harry... Stop trying to hide it." She says seriously.

How did she do that?

"You're right. But for everyone's sake, I'm going to be strong and calm." I grin.

"Thats the spirit!" She laughs, making me smile.

LaurensIt's the spirit!" I laugh.

"um lauren, can I talk to you?" Maggie asks poking her head in the door.

"Yeah. I'll talk to you later Harry." I say as maggie walks in and sits on the bed.

"I just came to tell you that your surgery is tonight. Liam was on the phone with your doctor. They found someone willing to give up their heart." Her voice squeaks as she speaks.

"Wow... Tonight? That's, um, get great!" I say unsure.

"yeah it is. I just wanted to let you know."

Maggie seemed upset, and guilty, like there was something wrong.

"Spit it out!" I finally say.

"Don't be mad, but I didn't think you were going to make it and I didn't want to see you die so I bought a ticket back to London and packed my bags. I was about to leave until Liam told me the news."

I couldn't believe my ears.

"So my best friend was going to ditch me while I was slowly dieng? You know what? Go. Go back to London. If you weren't going to watch me die, then you can't watch me live." I say, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Lauren-"

"No more excuses! I don't even know you anymore! You're not my best friend... You're a stranger to me." I say, tears streaming down my face.

"Look, if I were dieng you would leave too! It's hard to sit there and watch the person you love most slowly die!" She says, yelling now.

"Get out." I whisper.

"I'll see you when you get out of surgery." she says before leaving the room.

______

"Lauren are you ready for the surgery?" My doctor asks. 

I looked over to Liam who gave me a nod. 

"This is what needs to be done." I say after a moment. 

"Alright, well you can go in now, your family and friends have to wait in the waiting room." 

I turn my head to Harry and hug him. "You'll be fine." He whispered. 

I took turns hugging everyone but stopped when I stood in front of Liam. 

"Remember what I told you, okay? I love you so much Liam, you're my everything." I say, my voice crackling. 

"Hey, hey! Don't cry babe. Everything will be fine. Just remember that I love you, and always will." He smiles. I reply by crashing my lips onto his, not caring if my family and friends were watching. 

"Excuse me, it's time Lauren." A doctor says, interrupting my 'Liam time.'

"I love you Lauren." Liam says as I walk away with the doctor. 

"Am I aloud to meet the donor?" I ask, sitting down on the bed type thing. 

"Oh sweetie, normally you do, but he wants to keep it a secret. Guess he's just a shy guy." She smiles as she grabs a long needle from a table. 

Why would he keep it a secret? Was it somebody who knew me? 

"What's that?" I point to the needle in her hand. 

"Well you don't want to be awake when we take your heart out now do you?" She chuckles. 

"Oh... No I guess not." 

"Okay, lay down now, we're about to start." 

I do as I'm told. I felt a slight pinch in my neck, knowing it was the needle. In less than a minute I dozed off into a heavy sleep. 

~~~~~

"Lauren..." Wake up." I heard a feminine voice speak. 

My eyes fluttered open to a view of my previous doctor. 

"Am I alive?" I ask, 

She laughs and helps me sit up. "Of course silly! Your family and friends are waiting." 

I slowly stand up and make my way towards the waiting room doors. 

When I opened the doors, everyone stood up and looked at me. They all smiled sweetly at me. 

All except one.

I KNOW you guys hate me but when I promised I'd do the last chapters today??? Yeah, I kinda cant. You know my medical problems right?.. Yeah well I've just been really stressed because I got jumped and I literally just moved. So all my hair is falling out so I have to sleep alot. It's really hard. But the last chapter and epilogue will be up soon. I promise. 

Thanks to all who are still sticking by me <3 I really appreciate it. ~Lauren