True Heir

euphoria_nina द्वारा

So, apparently the richest man in the state is now close friends with me, a diner girl. And apparently his be... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43: II
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Reminder to Rude Readers

Chapter 16

98.1K 3K 25
euphoria_nina द्वारा

Chapter 16

When I arrived at Jake's building I told Miguel that I'd just text or call him if I had any other plans and made him

"Good afternoon, Ms. Nina." the door man said giving me a friendly smile.

I smiled back and nodded. "Good afternoon."

I went it the elevator and a guy let me go in first. "Ms. Nina."

"Thank you." I said smiling politely.

Ever since the news came out that we were dating people that work in the building, if not everyone, know me.

Once I got to his floor I walked to his office. Smiling and greeting people back as they greeted me.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Nina." Gina, his PA, said.

"Hi, Gina. Is Jake busy?"

"Uh, he actually told me to let you in as soon as you get here." she said standing up and heading to the door while I followed.

She knocked twice and entered. "Sorry to interrupt, sir, but Ms. Nina is here."

She opened the door wider and let me in. There was another man in the room, his back facing me.

Jake had a scowl on his face, but when his eyes landed on me his face softened into a smile.

"Hi, babe." he said standing up from his desk chair and walking to me. "Thanks, Gina. You can go now."

I heard the door close as Gina left, leaving me with Jake and the other man.

"Hi." I said smiling up at him. "Here's your coffee."

"Thanks." he said as he grabbed the coffee and kissed my cheek.

A throat cleared making us turn to the man. "Hey, Nina."

I smiled when I saw who it was. "Hi, Kaleb. Long time no see." I said as I walked to him and gave him a hug.

Kaleb chuckled as we pulled away. "Yeah, long time no see. How have you been?"

I shrugged. "Oh, you know. A lot's been happening lately."

"Yeah? Wha—?" Kaleb started but was cut off with Jake clearing his throat.

We looked at him and his scowl was back on his face. He put up a finger and signaled for me to come to him.

Kaleb chuckled. "Well, someone's possessive."

"No, someone just missed me a lot." I teased as I walked to him and hugged his waist.

Jake scoffed. "Oh, so now I get a hug. And please, we saw each other yesterday why would I miss you already?" he said wrapping his arms around me.

I looked up at him and gave him a look.

"Okay, I missed you." he admitted.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Oh, so now you miss me." I said mimicking him as I pulled away and crossed my arms.

He smiled cheekily and hugged me again. "Yes, I do. I missed you a lot." he said then kissed my nose making me wrinkle it up.

I scoffed. "Oh, whatever." I said as I got out of his hold.

I then turned to the chair where I dropped my bag, which was in front of his desk, I removed my coat and placed it there.

"So, I met Victor's girlfriend awhile ago." I stated.

"Bianca?" Jake said his face twisting with disgust.

I chuckled lightly. "Yeah. Blonde, blue eyes? Ugly personality that matches her plastic surgery face?"

Jake and Kaleb laughed at that and I just smiled and shrugged.

"Yup. Bianca Florence." Jake said sobering up and taking a sip of the coffee I got for him.

"So, what's this money she's bragging on about, with her Chanel heels and Sapphire rings?" I said sitting down, Jake going around to sit on his chair.

Kaleb scoffed as he sat down in front of me. "What money? I mean, yeah, she has money, but nothing to brag about."

"Why? What's her family's business?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee.

"Her family just owns a couple of restaurant and café chains in twenty cities." Jake said as he did some paper work.

"You know, Floi Café?" Kaleb asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. I went there before. Their service is horrible and so are their pastries. The only thing keeping them alive is their "famous" cappuccino and hot chocolate; which isn't even that good!"

Kaleb chuckled and nodded agreeing with me. "Well, you know a lot, huh. I agree with you, by the way."

I shrugged. "I just observe and research a lot. So, how come I've only heard about their relationship today?"

"She's only been with Victor for more or less two to three months." Jake said as he took another sip of his Cafe Latte, his eyes never leaving the papers below him as be flipped, read, and signed them. I don't even know how he does that and still stay in the conversation.

"Well, they're meant for each other. I've only met her today but I could tell that she's a royal pain in the ass."

Kaleb chuckled and nodded in agreement. "Yup, she matches with Victor."

I smiled amused. "So, I guess you don't like Victor too, huh."

"Are you kidding? That guy annoys the hell outta me. He keeps bragging about how huge and rich MV Corp. is, when it's actually falling already."

That got my attention. "Falling? What do you mean?"

Kaleb shrugged. "They've lost a lot of investors and business partners because they got bad remarks when they closed down a factory in Paris causing a lot of people to become jobless. Most of those people depend on that job to keep their selves and families alive. Not to mention that they're beggining to sink in the stock market."

What the hell is wrong with her? With him? How selfish could they be to shut down a factory with dozens of workers whose families depend on them without even thinking about it or giving them help to move on.

"What are they doing about it?"

"Nothing. Obviously Marian and Victor don't care as long as they still get huge amounts of money in the accounts." Kaleb said rolling his eyes.

They're ruining my father's company little by little. They're ruining what my grandfather and father put up, what my father and mother worked for to keep the empire going. They're ruining my family name. Not only that, but they're ruining, or already ruined, the lives of the people who they fired.

"Well, I have to go." Kaleb said standing up and glancing at his watch. "I have a meeting in an hour."

He buttoned his suit and got his coat from the chair. "Nice seeing you again, Nina. We should catch up again sometime."

I stood up and hugged him. "Nice seeing you too, and yeah we should."

"Bye, Jake." he said putting on his coat.

"Bye." He said glancing up at Kaleb and looking back down again.

Once Kaleb left I sighed and sat back down again. "She's ruining the company."

Jake dropped his pen and looked up at me. "Hey, it's alright. You'll get it back soon." Jake said smiling at me comfortingly.

I sighed and nodded. Yes, everything will be alright once I get it back and fix what they've done.

"Oh yeah, we had a meeting with Mr. Dale awhile ago." I stated.

Jake looked up from his papers again "Oh really? What about?"

"We're talking to Marian tomorrow. He said that we have enough information and evidence to prove that she was lying the whole time."

"That's great. You'll have everything that's rightfully yours." Jake said happily.

I nodded and smiled at him. "Yeah. After so many years of her lies, it's finally gonna end."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

56 0 9
My friend at school told me he was writing a book called this but didn't know what it was going to be about, so I said "why don't we both write a ver...
132K 4.3K 25
(Y/n) has always attended Ouran. Her grades were always close to the top, and her status wasn't half bad either. She wasn't popular, not too well kno...
68.7K 4K 43
Hey Guys. So here I am with my second story named "My Husbands ". You guys have gave my first story so much love. I hope , I won't disappointed you w...
1.2M 31.8K 31
"Zachary." I snickered. He growled playfully as I laughed, dodging his attempt to grab me and took off running in a random direction. I ran with Zac...