i want to write you a song, b...

By icarusinterludes

in which, he falls for the girl across the world. real life / social media More

introduction | disclaimer
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
i want to write you a song
<3

forty-one

2.9K 129 37
By icarusinterludes

˚୨୧˚ ˚୨୧˚
april 26, 2020

the next morning, the couple had felt more relaxed than they should've.

so careless, that they had gone out for breakfast.

"this feels weird as hell," brandon mumbles as they felt eyes on them from every angle. thankfully, the cafe had already been small. plus, the manager had offered to temporarily close the doors to prevent paparazzi from emerging. but that didn't stop them from staring outside.

"i know," adele sighs, contemplating grabbing ahold of his hand. however, she could only think about scott at that moment, and what he would say.

they'd cut their breakfast short given the low level of comfort. he'd held onto her hand tightly as he lead the way to his car. the two sit in silence for a moment, "do you just wanna get starbucks?"

she shakes her head, "no, it's fine."

he glances at her, before starting the engine and making his way towards the freeway. once he'd pulled in front of the four seasons hotel, they sit in silence again.

"i'll pick you up tonight?" he asks. truthfully, he hadn't known when she was planning on returning to london, and he didn't want to ask in a straight-forward manner because he'd wanted her here as long as possible.

"okay," she nods. "good luck on your performance." she reaches to kiss his cheek, but met his lips instead.

he lets out a nervous laugh, "uh, yeah, thanks. if i don't get boo'd off stage."

"you're not gonna get boo'd off stage." she informs. "everyone's always gonna love you."

"i don't know about that..." he trails, and they both crack a smile.

she kisses him once more, "i promise you!" they give each other one last wave before adele turns to enter the lobby. she'd felt her heart ache increase the longer they'd distanced.

she'd wanted nothing more than to watch him perform tonight. brandon hadn't even brought up the idea, considering how uncomfortable adele felt in public. he was being considerate, despite the fact that he'd wanted her to be there, and the thought of this made her heart swell.

while she tried to figure out how she could go to his show, she'd been receiving a phone call from melanie. "hey."

"scott quit," she says. "so, yeah."

"oh." adele murmurs, letting out a sigh. she couldn't blame him, considering the amount of chances he'd given her to fix her image. "well, fuck."

"label's giving you a fill-in for now," adele had sensed the exhaustion in melanie's voice. "when are you deciding to come back?"

"i'm coming tomorrow." she decides on the spot, biting down on her lip. "so i'll see you then."

"see you, adele." they exchange goodbyes before adele was left alone in her hotel room once again.

she'd considered reaching out to scott. he was not the best manager, nor did he ever hardly put her feelings into consideration. but he was the first person who believed in her; the only person who had put trust in her talent. but he gave up on her, and though she'd understood, she had felt a sense of anger boiling inside of her.

realizing the fact that she couldn't handle her thoughts on her own, she attempts to call some of her la friends in hopes to meet up.

adele had been glad to make it to the boys' show, watching brandon in his element as he'd put the most effort possible into his performance.

she'd known brandon didn't have to worry about the fans, considering they'd been cheering for him as loud as ever. "they're so good," olivia o'brien mentions from beside her, and adele felt herself smiling at that.

"they really are," she murmurs, feeling lost in brandon's figure. the two had been able to get into a backstage area to avoid being seen, though adele had felt eyes on them from the crowd.

after a few songs, they'd left the stage to the several other performers that night. adele attempts to find brandon, who'd immediately gone out the back to meet with fans.

she watches from the window with a smile, leaning against the wall. he'd taken his time snapping pictures with each person, as well as engaging in every conversation he possibly could. adele was glad his nerves towards fans had dispersed; they'd always love him.

he squeezes her tight thirty minutes later,
"you should've told me you came." he beams.

"thought i would surprise you," she smiles warmly. "you did amazing tonight, by the way."

he leans in to kiss her, "thank you, baby. wait here while i shower?"

"come with me back to my hotel." she urges. "you can shower there."

they share a knowing look, and he couldn't help the smile that broke out. "if you insist.." he teases, and she narrows her eyes at him.

"adele!" edwin jumps on her with open arms.

"you're sweaty!" she complains, though hugging him anyways.

"you were all over brandon a second ago." austin reminds, and adele reaches over to hug him as well.

"he's different." she shrugs, earning a scoff from all five of them.

"well, in that case, i'm different too." zion insists, wrapping his arms around her and squeezing tightly. she began gasping for air to tease him.

"you two enjoy your night!" edwin wishes as they all part ways. brandon follows adele into her car, where her designated driver had been waiting.

they'd been enjoying each other's company on the ride to the hotel, before brandon leans towards her ear. "i can't believe you came tonight."

she lets out a chuckle, "why is it so hard to believe?"

he shrugs, "i just.. you were quiet today, and uncomfortable. and you built up the courage to come and see me. that means a lot."

their smiles widen simultaneously, and she grabs ahold of his cheek before kissing him deeply. "i'm sorry i was a little quiet today. honestly, i was thinking about scott."

"oh," he says with a frown. "has he said anything?"

"he quit, actually."

brandon lets out a sigh, squeezing her hand. "i'm so sorry, adele."

"i'm gonna head back tomorrow, meet with my label and figure out what to do." she shrugs.

"are you okay?" he asks.

"life goes on..but," she lets out a breath. "i've known him and his family for so long. he was the first one to believe in me from the start. but i'm not gonna lie, he's changed over the years."

"are you gonna talk to him?"

"should i?" she looks at him with a frown. "i don't know, i wasn't planning on it."

"wish him well, or something like that." he suggests. "clear the air, whatever you feel like doing. i think it'll make you feel better."

"you're right." she informs, looking out the window and watching the several buildings they'd passed. "i'll talk to him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

907K 19.1K 122
" your eyes stole all my words away " brandon arreaga ✘ social media + real life
27K 886 109
Three girls Three paths Three different love stories
110 2 10
edwin has a past that he thought he left behind, but what happens when nicole transfers schools and finds out the truth?
943 43 21
"𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 π’‡π’“π’Šπ’†π’π’…π’”"