thirty

˚୨୧˚ ˚୨୧˚
march 27, 2020

brandon didn't bother sleeping that night, aware of the fact that he had to arrive at the airport around two in the morning anyways.

all he could think about that entire week was her. no matter how much he tried, he couldn't comprehend he was going to meet her.

as he waited on the leather chairs beside his designated gate, he thought about what adele had been doing at that exact moment, considering it being eleven in the morning in paris.

he remembered adele going on and on about how much of a dream the city of paris had felt to her, and he could only hope she'd felt okay on this quiet day reserved for the day of her birth.

IMESSAGE

BRANDON
happy birthday adele
❤️

BRANDON
23!!!

ADELE
thank you 🥺 and don't say
that i feel old

ADELE
why are you awake?
isn't it like 3am

BRANDON
can't sleep

BRANDON
thinking about u

ADELE
being soft today i see

BRANDON
only for u

ADELE
i'll call you

ADELE
after my concert ?

BRANDON
of course

BRANDON
i'll b waiting

BRANDON
how's paris so far?

ADELE
so beautiful man!!!! we drove
by the tower a while ago
and i wanted to get out
so bad 😭 but i got two
days on my own to
explore so i'm excited

BRANDON
what about melanie?

ADELE
this girl got a bf she
doesn't even look at me
anymore😐

BRANDON
😭😭😭

BRANDON
i'm sure you'll have
fun on your own then

ADELE
hopefully lol

ADELE
you should sleep

BRANDON
alriiight

BRANDON
call me after your show
ok?

ADELE
i will!!!

BRANDON
happy birthday love
(: have a great day

ADELE
shut up 🥺

adele's show had ended later than usual, though she had already determined this was her best concert ever. the crowd's energy had been beyond amazing tonight to please the woman on her special day, and she wasn't complaining.

"have fun." melanie smiles at the girl, kissing her forehead lovingly. "i'm right next door, so let me know if you need anything."

"thanks, mel." adele offers a small smile, closing the door and leaving her alone in the giant penthouse.

outside were loads of paparazzi, as they all had figured out she'd been staying at the ritz carlton.

she closes the curtains as she glances at the clock, 10:59. she gets a good look at her place for the next few days, before sitting herself down on the king sized bed and pulling her phone out.

without hesitating, she clicks on brandon's contact and brings the phone to her ear. it rings for a few seconds, before he picks it up. "hey."

"hi." she smiles widely, laying down on the bed.

"you did amazing tonight."

she rolls her eyes playfully, though her heart had been racing rapidly. "watch another livestream?"

"not exactly. how'd your day go?"

"it was alright." she responds, ignoring his odd reply. "but for once, i agree the concert was great."

"you sound down." he says as she heard shuffling from the other line. but before she could ask, he speaks again. "what's wrong?"

"i'm just feeling lonely, nothing new."

"i'm here, adele."

she sighs, "i know you are, brandon. you know what i mean."

he stays quiet for a few seconds, "yeah, i do."

"you know that one thing i wanted to tell you?" she asks him. "but didn't wanna text it?"

"yeah."

"can i tell you now?"

"sure."

"okay." she murmurs, sitting up. "i've been wanting to say it for so long. of course it only feels right to say in person.. but i don't know when that'll be. so i guess over the phone is the second best way."

"so what are you waiting for?" he asks softy, the shuffling noise continuing in the back.

she'd still been nervous, but she was more than excited to say it out loud — besides the times she'd practiced to herself. "i love—"

she'd been interrupted by a harsh knock to her door, causing her heart to jump. the phone still raised to her ear, she slowly migrates to the door. "hold on." she mutters, slightly angry at how it had ruined the moment.

she looks up to glance through the peephole, but scoffs when she doesn't see one there. what hotel doesn't have one?

she grabs the door handle, pulling it open. but at the sight in front of her, she'd almost gone completely still.

tears welled up on the girls face as she stares at the boy standing in front of her, his own phone brought up to his ear as he stares at her in awe.

"i love you, too."