Mr. And Ms. billionaire

By ArinStone

'You're Leira Smith aren't you? That poor nerdy social freak who always hid behind Violet's shadow like a los... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 8

9.1K 328 38
By ArinStone

"I'm sorry for being so harsh to you earlier. I shouldn't have talked to you that way." Laura apologises in a guilty tone to the person standing next to her. They are in the parking lot to take their car.

After storming out of the room earlier, Laura went to the washroom to splash water on her face in order to cool herself. When she regained her normal face she realised that she did the most stupid thing in the world.

When Jared was talking to her in playful voice, she should've told him to back off in the same playful tone. Instead she blurted out such idiotic words and stormed out of there. If this is how she reacts every time Jared says something then how are they going to work together for five months!

After drying her face she got out of the bathroom and headed towards the room, where they were working. During her way to the room she decided that she will apologise to Jared in a polite tone.

But due to her very good luck she couldn't do as she planned. Apparently as the opening day of this project Reid brought a cake so that everyone can celebrate in the simplest way. So after Laura returned to the room, she and Jared had to cut the cake. Surprisingly no one asked her the reason for her sudden departure.

After cutting the cake the whole team took a group photo. There were too many persons around so Laura couldn't apologise and Jared kinda avoided her.

So here they are, in the parking lot. Jared looked at her and studies her for a second. Maybe to check if she is sincere.

When he realises that Laura is sincerely apologising he asks," Then why were you so harsh? I just gave you a compliment. Which I'm sure you get on a daily basis."

Laura couldn't answer back immediately. What is she supposed to say? Should she say that his compliment brought back unwanted memories. So instead she answers in the most unconvincing voice,"I wa....I was just in a bad mood."

Jared looked at her that clearly says that he doesn't believe her. Heck even she herself is not convinced. But luckily Jared doesn't say anything else. She's not sure if she could answer him if he asked.

Jared accepts her apology and says that he didn't mind. Laura thanks him and then they take their own cars and goes their separate ways. Before she leaves she notices that Jared's car is a black buggati which is really good looking just like his owner.

But still her love for her own car is much much more. So she stops thinking about that black buggati and its black eyed owner.

......................

After Jared reaches his penthouse, he goes to the living room to attend a video conference with a famous Chinese company.

By the time the video conference finishes the clock reaches 7pm. Jared is drained from any energy that was in his body. Jared reaches for his tie to take that off. He leaves his coat, waistcoat and tie in the couch. He has been in this blasted suit for the whole day. Jared bitterly thinks.

Jared goes to the kitchen with the intention of drinking some water to wet his throat. Just as he is about to drink a doorbell's sound echoes through the penthouse.

"Wow your new penthouse is amazing. When you said that you got yourself a new penthouse I didn't thought it would be this beautiful." After coming inside this is the first thing that Alisha says.

Alisha looks around and sees that the walls in the living room are made of glass. A chandelier is hanging from the ceiling.

"What no greetings Ali?" Jared says to the famous actress standing in front of him using the nickname he has given her.

Alisha smiles and says in a playful tone,"Well you also didn't greet me. So it's only fair that I do the same."

Jared laughs at her remark. Noticing his work attire Alisha asks,"Why haven't you changed. Your office finishes at 5. Doesn't it?"

"Yeah. I was in a video conference. So, I couldn't change." Jared answers matter of factly.

"Then you should go and change. Don't worry about me. I'm gonna make myself home." Alisha says.

Jared rolls his eyes at Alisha's comment and goes towards his room upstairs. After changing out of his suit he goes to the bathroom to take a shower.

Alisha walks around the couch on the living room and looks at the city trough the glass wall. She never understands why Jared likes to see the  city or the view it gives. To her by standing at the top and seeing the city she only realises that that city is beneath her.

She notices that she can see her reflection on the glass. She's wearing a black blouse with fitting skirt that is hugging her butt. Her front of the blouse is split in half and a string is holding the splitted halfs together. The middle of her chest is in view.

"What are you doing over there?" The deep familiar voice says from behind. Alisha turns around and sees that Jared is drying his wet hair with a towel. In a white fitting tee shirt and black trousers,Jared is looking breathtaking. Alisha could've kissed this guy senseless but refrained herself from doing so. Cause he doesn't feel that way about her.

Every guy would've swooned at her site but him. But she knows Jared would never look at her that way. No matter how much she tries. Though wearing revealing dress to lure Jared is a weak attempt but she's determined to change Jared's mind nevertheless.

So she plants a smile on her face and says," I was just looking at the city.  How was your work? Oh and I've heard you're doing a new project with Mr. Williams's daughter who has never appeared before press. They have hid her pretty well. I bet she's a spoiled brat who doesn't know the first thing about business."

Jared laughs at Alisha's comment and says,"On my first meeting with her she outsmarted me. And she's quite the opposite actually."

"Opposite in which sense?" Alisha asks with furrowed brows.

"Well for starters she can manage business too well for a first timer. And I'm pretty sure that she's not a spoiled brat. She isn't like those women who goes crying to their daddy. She's confident and beautiful. Something about her allures me." Jared says.

Alisha fists her hands on her lap as jealousy hits her like storm. What has that woman done that Jared is talking like this about her? Alisha has only heard Jared once talking like this about a girl. And that was years ago. Let's just say that didn't go well for that girl.

"I want to meet this girl. She seems pleasant." Alisha says with clenched teeth. Fortunately Jared doesn't notice.

"Alright then come to the office tomorrow. You'll meet her there." Jared says.

"Alright. I'd like to think that you're not ousting me from your place already. I want to eat dinner together." Alisha says with a pouty face. Jared laughs at that.

Jared heats some food in the oven. Alisha and Jared sits at the dining table. Jared suddenly says,"You know Robin is coming tomorrow. He finally got rid of that manager of his. Now he wants to celebrate firing his manager with me and Ben."

Alisha scowls after hearing Robin's name.

"Just notify me when he's over. I won't  be here then. Believe me that guy gets on my nerves every time."

Jared laughs at Alisha's words. "Trust me the feeling is mutual between you two."

.........................

Laura is sitting at the table doing some paper works. Jared isn't here yet. She suddenly notices that that the all the team members are dearly silent and they're looking at the door with their mouth agape. Laura looks around to see the reason and sees that Jared is entering the room with a person who is too familiar to her.

Jared tells everyone to get back to work. They come towards Laura and stand right in front of Laura's table. Laura keeps her face void of any emotion and politely greets Jared.

Jared greets her back and says,"Laura this is Alisha Keys, a friend."

Jared turns to Alisha and says,"Ali this is Laura Williams, my business partner."

Laura snorts in her head hearing the nickname. But she gives a fake smile and shakes Alisha's hand. She acts like she had never met this girl before.

Alisha does the same thing. Forces a smile on her face and shakes Laura's hand.

Alisha takes a seat in the table and starts observing Laura carefully. Trying to understand what does she has that attract Jared.

Laura starts feeling uncomfortable under Alisha's calculating gaze so she excuses herself and goes to the washroom. She looks at the mirror and sees a girl who's shaken up after meeting another person from her past.

She knows that she'll have to face her past eventually but it's too soon. Still she takes some long breaths to stop her heart from beating wildly.

After calming her nerves when she is about to leave she sees that Alisha is blocking the door. She keeps her face straight so that Alisha doesn't notice her nervousness.

Laura about to tell her to move when Alisha says,"You're Leira Smith aren't you? That poor, nerdy, social freak who always hid behind Violet's shadow like a lost puppy. I still regret the fact that I used to hang out with you. So tell me how did you become Laura Williams?"

Alisha continues,"I recognized you the moment I saw you. Did you really think I wouldn't recognize you if you act like you don't know me?"

Laura smiles a bit and says,"I'm surprised your sweet smile has changed into this so quickly. And here I thought that you're really glad to meet me. But I still can assure you that I'm not the person whom you're talking about."

Alisha becomes surprised listening to her and in this moment Laura goes to the door and opens it. Just before her retreat she looks at Alisha and gives out a sinister smile and says,

"If you compare me to a nerdy social freak so called friend of yours then you're dearly mistaken. Cause I'm definitely not that." Not anymore Laura thinks and retreats leaving Alisha standing in the bathroom with a look that says,"We'll see about that."

When Alisha comes back to the room she notices that Laura is not here. So she asks Reid about her and he answers that Laura has left early so that she can pick her friend from the airport.

Laura is gripping the stearing wheel so tightly that her hands have turned white. She calls Violet. Violet answers the call and says,"What's up bitch?"

Laura says in the most vulnerable tone,"I met Alisha today."

Violet becomes concerned and says in a hurried tone,"Where are you?"

................

So here's a new chapter. This time I've updated soon. Comment how did you find Alisha.

And if you can go to chapter 4. I've attachef 2 pictures there.

Vote, comment and share.

- Arin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 2.3K 12
(WARNING- Lots of mistakes. Read at your own risk) It was their wedding night. She was waiting for him in his room, no now 'their' room. Finally, he...
438K 15.1K 46
"He's hotter than Chris Evans" i thought in my mind. "cool ! you think I'm hotter than Chris Evans?" i heard a voice from above my head. Did i sa...
6.3M 247K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
1.2M 37.2K 40
"Ms. Peterson, did you attend a club Friday night? " Mr. Shaw said causally as he focused his eyes on his twirling pen. "No" I said trying not to sho...