The Dragon Father

By The-Dragon-Hearted

Dragon of the apocalypse, black dragon, master of death, dragon king; Acnologia has been called many things t... More

A Chance
Loss
Mavis
The Three "Punks"
G*D*MN YOU ZEREF!
Ankhseram
Makarov
The Dreyars - and the Messed Up one in Between
Serena
Apprentice and Master
The Poison Dragon Slayer
The Beginning of Complete Insanity
The Lightning Dragon Slayer
What it Means to be a Dragon
Kaidas
What is Ours
Day 1 of Training
And so it Begins
The 1st to be Spared
Kids from the Tower
Tested
Fight, Cry, Sleep
Imitatia's Salvation
Do you, Still?
Remember him?
Well Merry *Input word* Christmas
The Strauss Siblings
Bickslow and Freed
Couple old, Couple new, Couple years
Nightmare?
Lucy and Lisanna
Lullaby
Phantom Lord
The Tower of Heaven
The Oración Seis
Edolas
Tenrou Part 1
Tenrou Part 2
Serena's sorrow
Reunions
Beginning of the Grand Magic Games
Raven Tail's Damnation
Sting and Rogue's "Betrayal"
The End of the Grand Magic Games
Fairy Tail's Party
The Sun Village
Tataros
E.N.Dragneel
Fairies vs Demons
That which you did not Kill
Choices.
Healing
The Life of a Young Dragon Saint
You want us to... WAIT!
Jackal and Seliah
Do Demons Dream?
Curse? Nah, Friends.
The Beginning of Alvarez
Memoires
Retake Fairy Tail!
Fairies vs Spriggans
It's Time You Face Your Demons
E.N.D's Awakening
Forget.
After Alvarez
Dragon's Teeth
The First Mistake
Stay with Me
Hang in There
Do Not Test Me
Last Straw
What Have You Done?
A Dragon's Soul
Dragon's Rage
I'll Never Forgive You Brats!
Your Punishment
The Plot
Search
The Clue
E.N.D
The Hunt
Yeah.
Natsu's Return
Tyregenium's Influence
There are so many ways to Win.
A Life of Memories
Acnologia's Tale
The Council's Ruling
A Guild Divided
You Do Not Have To Fight Alone
The War
Dragon Fight
Stand Up.
The Death of a Saint
The Price to Pay
More Time
A Victory Ensured
Dragons
I Know Who I Am
. . .
Joy
Epilogue
A little Thank-You (Not a Real Chapter!)

The Dragon's Life

3.5K 98 108
By The-Dragon-Hearted

"What do you mean your house burned down?" Makarov gaped.

The nine dragon slayers stayed silent, Serena was fussing about his scorched hair.

"Erik was breathing out a poisonous gas that turned out to be... flammable," Sting sighed.

"Boom," Wendy said making the motion with her hands, a portion of her hair was still singed.

"Are they still... hungover?" Makarov asked.

"No, we're good," Gajeel said.

"The blast scared us out of it," Laxus sighed.

"So, you all need a place to stay," Cana laughed from the bar.

"Yeah," Acnologia sighed.

"They can't come to my house, it has one room," Serena defended.

"What if they live in the guild?" Mira asked.

"That could work," Makarov nodded.

"NO!" All the dragon slayers said at once.

The guild looked at the group strangely.

"That is not a good idea," Serena laughed nervously.

"Uh... uh, it's just that... Rogue gets nightmares... and he's super self-conscious so... we couldn't possibly stay here," Sting said nervously.

"He just doesn't want anyone to know that he's scared of the dark," Rogue hissed.

"I am not!" Sting cried.

"Yeah... for the sake of those two let's just agree to not live here," Acnologia said.

"Nonsense, what could happen," Makarov chuckled.

"Makarov, dragons live differently than humans, the guild is going to see just how differently that is, that might cause problems," Acnologia hissed.

"No one will judge, right?" Makarov asked.

Everyone in the guild nodded. The dragon slayers stood in silence horrified.

"This is horrible," Erik said suddenly breaking the silence.

The group had scavenged what they could from the rubble of their apartment and moved into the second floor of the guild. The rest of the guild had left for the night and Serena had gone home.

"We need to wake up early... like before anyone else gets here," Laxus said laying down on the makeshift nest.

"Yeah... I couldn't agree more," Gajeel sighed throwing a blanket over an already sleeping Natsu.

"We'll be fine, who would judge us?" Wendy smiled snuggling into her blanket.

"How about every living being on the planet," Rogue sighed rolling over.

The next morning, Makarov entered the guild first, Mira, Lisanna, Elfman, and Cana followed. They entered the guild silently and immediately heard a strange sound. The group went up to the second floor and immediately wished that they could take pictures. More and more people entered the guild and were immediately told to keep quiet.

Wendy was hugging a plush dolphin; Charle snuggled up next to it. Erik cuddled the small sky dragon slayer; his P J's consisted of a shirt with a green snake on it, and soft purple pants with the same green snake. Laxus had lost his cloak to the twins and was sleeping in his normal attire, Natsu's head on his stomach. Laxus was rubbing Natsu's hair in his sleep and Natsu was... purring?

Gajeel had taken Natsu's fireproof blanket and was sleeping soundly next to the twins who had snuggled together. Acnologia slept next to Sting and Laxus, his tattoos glowing neon blue. Lector and Frosch were asleep atop Laxus's fur coat. Happy was curled up on Natsu's chest purring alongside the fire mage. Pantherlily had found his way into Gajeel's hair and was snoring contentedly there.

"They're so cute," Mira squealed.

"Man they're gonna kill us when they wake up," Bickslow chuckled.

"Someone, get a lacrima, I need a picture of this," Lisanna smiled.

"Laxus looks so adorable," Freed cried

"I didn't know they purred," Lucy smiled.

"... Do you think Gajeel can purr?" Levy asked.

The two girls looked at each other and began to giggle.

"So... adorable," Erza shook.

"Earth to Titania, you in there Erza?" Evergreen asked.

"Man, sleeping like that is manly!" Elfman shouted.

"Hush you'll wake them," Evergreen scolded.

Erik shifted pulling Wendy closer; Wendy smiled and made a lizard-like cry before cuddling her dolphin plush closer. Erik and Wendy began purring, their tones harmonizing.

"Erik purrrrrs!!!!!" everyone cried silently.

"So cute," Kinana squealed.

"They're so adorable," Erza said again.

"Acnologia's tattoo's can glow!?" Wakaba gasped.

"Maybe Sting really is afraid of the dark," Gray shrugged.

Then Laxus began to wake up.

"Abort abort!" everyone cried scrambling out of the guild.

Makarov made sure to lock the guild behind him.

Laxus slowly woke up. He looked for his cloak and smiled when he saw it was draped around Sting and Rogue. Then he realized he was petting Natsu. He stopped immediately.

"Erik... Erik," he hissed. He rolled his eyes when Erik muttered something unrecognizable. Erik had superb hearing except when he was asleep. Laxus aimed his foot and drove it into Erik's side.

"OW!" Erik cried sitting up. Wendy mumbled something before falling back to sleep. "Why'd you do that!?" he hissed to Laxus.

"It's morning, when is the rest of the guild coming?' Laxus yawned.

Erik listened... "They're... waiting outside the doors?" he questioned.

"Shoot, up, up! Natsu, get up," Laxus cursed shaking Natsu. Natsu only smiled and began to talk about food.

"Wendy," Erik coaxed prodding Wendy.

Wendy slowly opened her eyes, "morning Oniichan," she smiled.

"The guilds waiting," Erik smiled.

"GET UP!" Laxus cried shocking Natsu.

"WHAT THE HECK LAXUS!" Natsu cried jumping to his feet his pink hair standing on end.

"It's too early in the morning for these shenanigans you two!" Acnologia growled.

"Whyyy. Early." Sting complained.

"Cloak now," Laxus said trying to pry it away from the twin's grasp.

"NO!" both twins responded childishly as they woke up.

"Give it back you brats!"

"My blanket!"

"WAKE UP!"

"OY, How the heck is anyone supposed to get any sleep!?" Gajeel asked groggily.

Outside the door everyone breathed easier, the dragon slayers didn't know that they had been watching them.

"Man, I wish I got a picture," Lisanna sighed.

"Wish granted," Bickslow chuckled handing Lisanna a lacrima with the image of the sleeping dragon slayer embedded into it.

"Blackmail," Lisanna sang.

"You read my mind," Bickslow smiled.

This was the week when the guild realized how little they actually knew the dragon slayers. They had seen them sleep but never together, they had seen them eat, but never as a family. Breakfast in the guild was very heated that morning.

"Hey Natsu, bacon please," Laxus asked nonchalantly as he held up his plate with uncooked bacon on it.

"No problem," Natsu laughed sending a column of fire over Laxus's plate cooking the bacon immediately.

"Thanks," Laxus said not even looking up from a newspaper.

Acnologia, Erik, Laxus, Wendy, and Rogue ate like civilized humans while the other three did not. The meat and eggs were gone in mere milliseconds, the veggies and fruit took longer but they too met the fate of the dragon slayer's stomachs.

Mira scrambled and finally found herself a new package of bacon, the dragon slayers loved. It was divided equally until it came down to the final piece of bacon. Both Rogue's and Sting's fork went for it at the same time and the two gave each other's death stares as their forks clashed right above the bacon.

"Excuse me Sting, but I believe that is mine," Rogue said dangerously his shadow drive threatening to burst.

"Move aside Rogue, the bacon is mine," Sting smiled his white drive beginning to activate.

"Th-They aren't seriously going fight over a piece of bacon right?" Romeo cried. Wendy looked up from her eggs and sighed.

"Not again," she huffed.

"LET'S GO!" Sting cried lifting his fork and lunging for Rogue. Rogue deflected it with his fork and the two began fighting across the table using their forks like swords. Sting's fork went for the piece, Rogue blocked it and slammed it into the table, Sting threw the fork into his other hand and the battle continued on. Then there was a spoon coming between the two.

"Back off younglings, that piece is mine," Natsu laughed a spoon in each hand.

"Over my dead body!" Rogue cried leaping on the table, Natsu and Sting did the same. The three began fighting, Natsu holding off the two twin dragons.

"I've got you Salamander," Gajeel laughed grabbing his fork and leaping on the table, "but afterword, that bacon is going to me!"

"Try me metal head!" Natsu laughed.

The four, who were standing on the table, began a sword fight... no, a utensil fight.

"Amateurs," Erik laughed getting to his feet, "Let the fun begin!"

He took two butter knives and leaped onto the table and joined the fun, then there was another butter knife.

"Come on Erik, you don't bring a knife to a fork fight," Laxus scolded as he held two butter knives in his hands.

"Bring it on Sparky," Erik laughed spinning the knives in his fingers with great skill.

Laxus stepped onto the table, "with pleasure snake boy."

Now, all six boys were fighting on the long table, the piece of bacon had been long forgotten in all the fun.

"Does this happen every breakfast?" Erza asked Wendy who had the remaining piece of bacon on her plate.

"Yeah, it usually ends when someone ticks off Uncle," Wendy smiled as she began to eat the bacon.

On cue, a platter went flying towards Acnologia who was reading a book. Acnologia caught the platter without looking. He looked up at the chaos ensuing over the table.

"We need a house," Acnologia sighed looking back down to his book. He dropped the platter and went to reach for his coffee when a free-flying spoon took out his coffee mug. Acnologia was about to murder his children but then realized that the action would take to much work and he was too tired. So... he went back to his book.

After the chaos of breakfast ended the dragon slayers began looking for new jobs.

"Okay, we need a whole lot of jewel if we want to be able to afford a new house so pick the jobs with the biggest reward," Acnologia instructed.

"No problem, we were already thinking of taking this S-Class job," Sting smiled pulling Rogue in and handing Acnologia the sheet.

"Slaying a monster? Sounds like something you'd do," Acnologia nodded.

"I'm going with Minni mite to help her solve an epidemic," Gajeel said with Wendy next to him.

"I'm going to go hunt down a wanted felon," Erik chuckled reading over the job request.

"I'm going hunting for a rare medicinal herb," Laxus sighed.

"My team's going to someone named Warrod Sequen," Natsu chuckled.

"Warrod Sequen," Acnologia repeated... Tree Face.

"Yep," Natsu laughed.

"You better behave yourself Natsu," Acnologia warned.

"If you brats embarrass Fairy Tail I will personally-" Makarov began ranting to team Natsu.

Acnologia leaned back and considered the reasoning for Warrod asking for a fire and ice mage when he could think of none he stood up, "I'm going with you."

"What!?" all of Team Natsu cried.

Acnologia nodded and Natsu knew that there was no way to convince his uncle otherwise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 48 9
Bahamut was the dragon god of chaos, the son of Acnologia the apocalypse dragon king and Trihexa the chaos goddess and big brother to Hexa the dragon...
225K 6.7K 26
(Warning! There will be cursing in this book) After a night of heavy drinking and partying, Lucy Heartfilia finds herself in bed with her best friend...
1M 27.6K 43
It was her dream to be able to join Fairy Tail, the strongest guild in all of Fiore. But now, was she really all that joyful that she joined that gui...
337K 7.3K 43
From the beginning they feared him. They shut him out of their lives. He grew to be rude and and lonely. He only has one ally and even then he fears...