Beautifully Lethal

By Falahk7

"Sometimes, the dark things we see appear to be scary & it's okay to feel that way. But when you look at thos... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter- 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 2

948 39 12
By Falahk7

"Screw this shit", a feminine voice whispered and it was followed by a loud thud. Her alarm clock. She just hurled her alarm clock towards the wall and it was now lying on the ground , in pieces. There goes my 12th alarm clock, thought Riley to herself while mentally rolling her eyes.

She shifted under her covers and pulled herself from the bed with a great effort. It was obvious that Riley wasn't a morning person. She started dragging herself to the bathroom like a zombie.

The apartment she lived in was comfortable and cozy. It was neither too big nor too small. Just the perfect size. It had a warm vibe to it. Her bedroom consisted of a single bed, a bookshelf as she loved reading books, a walk-in wardrobe, classy, you could say that she was doing pretty well for herself, besides working as a veterinarian comes with some of it's own perks such as a hefty salary, and adorable animals, of course.

But, yes, there's always a BUT, her job required her to stay in the clinic for long ass hours, in case of an emergency. Nowadays, there are all sorts of diseases spreading around the world and that's enough of a reason to stay in the clinic, working overtime.

Riley stepped out of the bathroom, in nothing but a white towel robe and padded towards her walk-in wardrobe. She raised her hand and started waving through the clothes, deciding which outfit to wear today.

After being in a dilemma for like, forever, she picked out an army green long-sleeved turtle neck sweater, a pair of black ripped jeans and to complete the outfit, she pulled out her black boots which ended a few inches below her knees.

She walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple from basket, started munching on it as she checked her e-mails on her phone. An iPhone Xs. Another perk of being a veterinarian.

When she got done, she walked up to her coffee table and grabbed her car keys and wallet, walking to her main door and pulled it open.

The freezing air penetrated her warm home and it also made her shiver. Riley entered into the elevator and pressed the button for basement car parking.

Ding. When she arrived at the desired floor, she walked out of the elevator, towards her car.
She opened the door and sat down, she inserted the key into ignition and the engine came to life.

She pulled out of the basement and drove towards her workplace. West Virginia is not very densely populated and that's what attracted Riley the most. She loved peace and quiet that is very rare in cities. She moved to West Virginia two years ago when she finished her medicine.

Li'l Paws. Yes, it's the name of her workplace. Pretty cute, isn't it? Okay, it could be clichè but it's adorable.

She pulled into the staff parking zone and turned down the engine. She opened the door and got out of the car. She pulled out her white lab coat with her and slammed the door shut.

The sun kissed her skin and provided her the warmth which she was craving desperately. The frosty air bit into her skin as her nose, cheeks and ears turned red.

She ran a hand through her black locks to tame them as it was a windy weather. She walked into the clinic and greeted her colleagues to which they greeted back, politely. Riley liked her job and the environment she was working in as well.

She started doing what she was good at: saving lives of the poor animals. Her whole day was filled with appointments and appointments.

It got dark as it was past 11 p.m. and the sun has already set a long time ago. Riley has always been the last one to leave as she liked spending quality time with the animals and tonight was no different.

Her colleagues called their byes out and went back to their homes. Riley was tired as hell and worn out due to today's cases. She made sure that all the doors and windows were locked and secured. She went to the coffee machine and pressed down her order and waited.

It was too silent but nothing out of the ordinary.

Crash!

And then there was a sudden noise of glasses breaking which scared the shit out of Riley as she jumped.

She put down her coffee and walked into the operation theatre and got a sharp knife and a pair of scissors to defend herself if needed.

She started taking slow steps towards the place where she first heard the noise. Her heart was pounding so loud that she could hear it. She gradually came into the store room and saw that the window was broken and there were broken pieces of glass decorating the floor.

But, again. This isn't what that terrified her. There was a pool of blood on the floor and though she was a doctor and is not supposed to be afraid of blood, this was a whole different case. 

She swallowed soundly and bravely walked a little more and found a thick, muscular arm. She took few steps forward to see whether the arm was attached to a body or not.

Indeed it was attached to a very hot body. Thank God. There was a male lying on the floor covered in wounds and blood. She lightly nudged him with her foot to check whether he's alive or not. No response.

But she could see that he was alive as he was breathing. It was pretty dark to see the man and when she pulled out her phone to turn on the flashlight, she nearly dropped her phone.

The hot stranger is NAKED.

He was in his birthday suit.

"Sweet Baby Jesus", she whispered out loud to herself, her eyes widened as she stood there stunned. Hey now you don't see a hot naked stranger at your feet everyday okayShe hastily turned around as her cheeks got red and started wondering what was she supposed to do.

Boy, this was going to be a long night.

Author's note:
Ayo everyone. Wassup?
So I'm back with another chapter. I hope it was more interesting than the last. So show me some love and vote. Leave comments down below. Thanks a lot once again🥀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 5.5K 140
A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control with lifelong secrets coming to light, ke...
222K 6.3K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
7.3M 280K 51
"Light up my darkness," he murmured against her bare flesh. His fingers trailed up her arm, leaving a blazing fire beneath them. His lips pressed sof...
62.8K 2.5K 23
WARNING: THIS BOOK HAS MAJOR PLOT HOLES, AND IS ALL TOGETHER VERY BAD. I SUGGEST YOU READ MY NEW BOOK, Skeletons In My Closet. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...