Smoke Screen (Bakugo x Reader...

By Sayori_Kaede

Y/N is Shota Aizawa's niece. You lived with your parents in America up until a week ago. You've been forced t... More

Prologue
Chapter One: New Beginnings
Chapter Two: Realizations
Chapter Three: Welcome to Class 1A
Chapter Four: Girl's Night
Chapter Five: Melodies
Chapter Six: One-on-One Training
Chapter Seven: Non-Quirk Combat Training Pt. 1
Chapter Eight: The Letter
Chapter Nine: Non-Quirk Combat Training Pt. 2
Chapter Ten: Late Night Conversations
Chapter Eleven: Non-Quirk Combat Training Pt. 3
Chapter Twelve: Lunch
Chapter Thirteen: The Meeting
Chapter Fourteen: Non-Quirk Combat Training Final Pt.
Chapter Fifteen: Confrontation
Chapter Sixteen: Busted... Almost
Chapter Seventeen: Normal
Chapter Eighteen: Fearless
Chapter Nineteen: Jealous
Chapter Twenty: Heated Up
Chapter Twenty-One: He Knows
Chapter Twenty-Two: Clues
Chapter Twenty Three: Found
Chapter Twenty-Four: Class Switch
Chapter Twenty-Five: Worries
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Parents Weekend Pt. 2
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Capture the Flag Pt. 1
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Capture the Flag Pt. 2: Preparations
Chapter Thirty: Capture the Flag Pt. 3
Chapter Thirty-One: Capture the Flag Pt. 4
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Talk
Chapter Thirty-Three: Parent's Weekend Pt. 3
Chapter Thirty-Four: How Much I Love You (Lemon)
Chapter Thirty-Four: How Much I Love You (Fluff)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Blissful Ignorance
Chapter Thirty-Six: Can't Be Real
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Unreachable
Chapter Thirty-Eight: ... Hope
Chapter Thirty Nine: ____less
A/N: Will be deleting upon an actual update

Chapter Twenty-Six: Parents Weekend Pt. 1

5.2K 189 227
By Sayori_Kaede

       Friday comes quickly and the excitement in the air is palpable. Everyone is over-the-moon to be reunited with their parents after living on campus for so long. Uncle Ai came in to check on me first thing this morning and we both agreed that I don't need to attend classes today. I want to be happy for my friends and part of me is, but part of me is also really bitter at the fact that I'll never get to hug or talk to my parents again.

Aunt Joke called earlier this week and offered to come and be my stand-in parent. Uncle Mic also offered to step in for me as well. I know they were just trying to help but it just made the absence of mom and dad hurt even more.

A knock at my door pulls my attention away from the photograph in my hands. I move to set it down but as I do my door opens on its own.

"Hey," Katsuki says as he enters my room. He notices I'm not in uniform as he takes a seat next to me. "So you aren't coming to class today?"

"I may come for the second half of the day," I sigh, resting my head against his shoulder. I can't help but smile when I feel his lips brush against my forehead. All the periods before lunch are centering around showing the parents the campus and family activities.

He chuckles. He looks at my confused expression and laughs a little more. "Sorry. I'm just imagining my mom's reaction to your hero costume."

The second part of the day is our regular hero training. Just thinking of my first interaction with Bakugo's parents being in my rather exposing costume makes my face turn the brightest shade of red on the face of the planet.

       "Maybe I'll just wait to meet everyone's parents until after classes are done," I sigh.

       "No way," he laughs. "Your costume definitely has that shock factor but as much as I hate to admit it, my mom is pretty cool. She won't hold your hero costume against you, however, prepare for playful jabs and innuendos about it." He gives me a swift peck on my cheek.

"How about I come and eat lunch with you," I suggest. "That way I don't have to make a questionable first impression."

He kisses the tip of my nose. "That's a great idea." He stands up from the bed and takes both of my hands in his pulling me to my feet. "I should probably start heading out. I don't want to be late today cause it wouldn't just be Mr. Aizawa yelling at me but my mom too."

"Would she really tell you in front of the class, their parents and my uncle?" I wrap my arms around his torso and look up, into his red irises.

"She would yell at me in front of the Prime Minister," his eyebrows knit together and he clicks his tongue.

I can't help but smile. I have a feeling I'm going to finally see where he gets his personality.

"What are you smiling about? I'm warning you, my mom might be cool but she's also a nightmare." He brings his hands up to cup my face.

My smile quickly straightens out. I used to think the same thing about my mom... "I really wish that my parents could have met you, Katsuki."

He drops his hands and hugs my body against his tightly.

That was unfair of me to say. How can I expect him to respond to that?

"I wish I could have met them too. If I could, I would tell them how wonderful you are. Y/N, you're the most amazing person I've met and I would thank them for bringing you into this world." He presses his lips against my forehead. "I love you, Y/N."

I can feel his body relax. I take a slight step back. With tears in my eyes, butterflies in my stomach and my head in the clouds, I crash my lips against his desperately. Tangling my tongue with his and fisting his hair I put all my emotions into this one moment. "I love you too," I say when we finally break apart.

He smiles softly and gives me a chaste kiss. "I need to get going but I'll see you at lunch."

"I'll walk you down. If my uncle hasn't taken off for the classroom yet then I'll let him know that I'll be in attendance for the second part of the day." I lace my fingers with his and take a step toward the door.

He pulls me back and catches me against his chest. "I really do love you." Our mouths connect again. "And I really don't want to go to class."

I don't want him to go either. I want him to stay here with me and hold me...

"Come on," he says, pulling me behind him. "The longer we stand here the harder it's going to be for me to leave. I'll let Mr. Aizawa know your plan." He points out the window to where my uncle is already dragging his feet toward the main building.

We make the trip to the front door hand-in-hand and he gives me one last kiss before leaving me alone inside the dormitory.

Back in my room, I turn on some music and look at the time. Four hours till lunch.

I pick up my phone and see that I have two new messages. My heart almost stops beating but I'm able to breathe a sigh of relief when I see that they are from my uncle and Bakugo.

Uncle Ai: I have my phone on me, so call me if anything happens. I asked Present Mic to come check on you after he finishes his English lessons.

      So Uncle Mic will be here in about two hours.

Bakugo: If anything happens let me know. I'll come running. I love you.

I smile to myself like a complete dork. I. Love. Bakugo. I've secretly felt that way for a while but was too scared to voice it. Hearing those words from him just further confirmed my feelings.

       Tossing my phone onto my bed, I change the song to The Difference Between Attraction and Distraction by The Sophomore Attempt. I walk over to my closet and pull out my school uniform, laying it flat on the bed. Even though I'm not attending regular classes, I still have to be in uniform when I go for lunch.

       I'm at a bit of a loss at what to do to pass time. Ultimately, I decide to sit at my desk and write a letter to my parents, my uncles and Katsuki. There's a lot that I want to tell all of them but it's never the right time...

       Tears roll off my cheek and onto the paper. Two and a half pages, that's how long the letter to my parents turns out. I started crying the moment the pen touched the notebook and didn't stop until I sealed it in an envelope.

A loud knock at my door sends the pen flying backwards and my heart plummeting to my stomach. Looking at the clock I see that time flew by while I was consumed in my writing.

Present Mic is bent over his waist with his arm poised as though he was about to knock again. He has that stupid grin plastered on his face and his glasses rest halfway down the bridge of his nose.

"Hey there little miss Y/N," he half-shrieks. "You doing okay? You're eyes look puffy."

I paw at my eyes with the bag of my hands even though there isn't any moisture. "Yeah," I sniffle. "I was just doing some cathartic writing. Clearing my head and heart of some weight."

Uncle Mic pulls me into a hug and lowers his voice to a normal level. "You're such a strong and mature young woman. I'm so glad to call you my niece."

This strikes me and reminds me of something I've been wanting to ask for a long time... "Um... Uncle Mic... are you and Uncle Ai... together?" I pull back and watch as his face turns fifty shades of red.

"Was it that obvious?" He drops his DJ act and takes on the persona of a lovestruck schoolboy.

"Not really," I smile, feeling elated. "I mean almost every time Uncle Ai visited you came with him. You guys are really good at keeping it quiet. It took me this long to figure it out."

He grins ever-so-slightly. "Try not to tell anyone. I really love Shota and I don't want to do anything that would push him away or pressure him at all."

I bounce up and down on the tips of my toes. I'm beyond happy that my uncles are happy. I'm so excited that I can't bite my tongue. "Katsuki told me he loved me today."

"Of course he does," he maintains a normal speaking voice. "Ai and I have been able to see it in his eyes since the training week with Ketsubutsu. Come on, I'll make us some coffee and you can tell me all about it." He holds up his pinky. "Promise I won't say anything about what you tell me to Eraser if you don't spill our secret."

I lock my pinky with his and hold back a squeal. "Let me change into my uniform and I'll meet you downstairs."

Before long, lunch time rolls around. I feel so much better than I did when I woke up. Talking with Mic almost felt like I was talking with my mom again. Outside of my female classmates, I haven't really gotten to talk about my relationship with Bakugo with anyone. I considered talking to Uncle Ai once but he's not really the type of person to discuss emotions and feelings.

Uncle Mic walks me to the cafeteria and takes my hands in his outside the door. "Don't be intimidated. I promise, everyone that meets you can see what a rockstar you are." He's back to his old self, shredding air guitars and not letting the fact that we are indoors affect the way speaks.

I take a deep breath and with a little nudge from my uncle I step into the busy cafeteria. Everywhere I look there are students with one or both of their parents crowded around the tables. The ceiling looks lower and it takes me a moment to figure out that Cementoss made a second level using his Quirk to compensate for the extra bodies.

Bakugo sees me the moment I walk through the door and makes a beeline straight for me. He reaches me and pulls me into a chaste kiss.

"I thought you were gonna back out," he growls, trapping my face between his hands. "I already got you some tempura and miso soup. They didn't have any barley tea when I was up there so I got you green tea. Is that okay?"

I try my best to smile but his hand push my cheeks forward. "You're the best, Katsuki."

He shakes his head and releases my face from captivity, taking my hand prisoner in its stead. "Come on. My parents are really excited to meet you."

We weave through the wandering bodies to a small table in the back. I see the same ash blond hair topping the head of a woman with the same red eyes that entice me every time I look at Bakugo. Next to her is a man with brown hair in a similar style to the boy holding my hand. They both give me a warm smile as I sit in the seat Katsuki pulls out for me.

"Mom, dad this is Y/N, my girlfriend."

A/N: Sorry this took so long to get out. I've been insanely busy lately. Also, while I was writing a lot of ideas kept popping up sooooo sorry that I'm going to have to break it into two parts. I hope to enjoy(: xoxo- Sayori Kaede

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
453K 16.2K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
469K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
1.7M 56.5K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...