The Dragon Father

By The-Dragon-Hearted

Dragon of the apocalypse, black dragon, master of death, dragon king; Acnologia has been called many things t... More

A Chance
Loss
Mavis
The Three "Punks"
G*D*MN YOU ZEREF!
Ankhseram
Makarov
The Dreyars - and the Messed Up one in Between
Serena
Apprentice and Master
The Poison Dragon Slayer
The Beginning of Complete Insanity
The Lightning Dragon Slayer
What it Means to be a Dragon
Kaidas
What is Ours
Day 1 of Training
And so it Begins
The 1st to be Spared
Kids from the Tower
Tested
Fight, Cry, Sleep
Imitatia's Salvation
Do you, Still?
Remember him?
Well Merry *Input word* Christmas
The Strauss Siblings
Bickslow and Freed
Couple old, Couple new, Couple years
Nightmare?
Lucy and Lisanna
Lullaby
Phantom Lord
The Tower of Heaven
The Oración Seis
Edolas
Tenrou Part 1
Tenrou Part 2
Serena's sorrow
Reunions
Raven Tail's Damnation
Sting and Rogue's "Betrayal"
The End of the Grand Magic Games
Fairy Tail's Party
The Dragon's Life
The Sun Village
Tataros
E.N.Dragneel
Fairies vs Demons
That which you did not Kill
Choices.
Healing
The Life of a Young Dragon Saint
You want us to... WAIT!
Jackal and Seliah
Do Demons Dream?
Curse? Nah, Friends.
The Beginning of Alvarez
Memoires
Retake Fairy Tail!
Fairies vs Spriggans
It's Time You Face Your Demons
E.N.D's Awakening
Forget.
After Alvarez
Dragon's Teeth
The First Mistake
Stay with Me
Hang in There
Do Not Test Me
Last Straw
What Have You Done?
A Dragon's Soul
Dragon's Rage
I'll Never Forgive You Brats!
Your Punishment
The Plot
Search
The Clue
E.N.D
The Hunt
Yeah.
Natsu's Return
Tyregenium's Influence
There are so many ways to Win.
A Life of Memories
Acnologia's Tale
The Council's Ruling
A Guild Divided
You Do Not Have To Fight Alone
The War
Dragon Fight
Stand Up.
The Death of a Saint
The Price to Pay
More Time
A Victory Ensured
Dragons
I Know Who I Am
. . .
Joy
Epilogue
A little Thank-You (Not a Real Chapter!)

Beginning of the Grand Magic Games

3.7K 86 34
By The-Dragon-Hearted

The answer, to how to solve Fairy Tail's funding issue, was found within a few days. Everyone decided to try participating in the Grand Magic Games.

"We can't just choose the strongest mages, we also need the smartest, and the ones that can both take a hit and give one," Cana explained only slightly drunk.

"Sooo... Acnologia," everyone said pointing to the blue-haired mage.

"No," Acnologia answered.

"Why not?" Natsu asked.

"No."

"But you can swamp the competition!" Sting cried.

"My magic is not one to be taken lightly. I will not use it for simple games," Acnologia answered.

"Hold on, you didn't have that attitude in the S-trials," Bickslow objected.

"That was different, there was no crowd, and I had confidence in your abilities. I refuse," Acnologia growled.

"Okay, then let's pick the second-best choices," Lucy spoke up.

"I read the rules, this year we can have two teams each with five people" Levy smiled.

"Mira," Lisanna said quickly.

"Erza," Natsu and Gray said in synchronization.

"Laxus," Evergreen, Bickslow, and Freed said together.

"Erik," Kinana and Wendy said.

"Natsu," said Happy, Lucy, and Romeo.

"Gajeel," Levi and Pantherlily said pointing to the dragon slayer.

"Ur," Gray and Lyon offered.

"No," Ur responded.

"Then Gray," Juvia smiled.

"And Lyon," Gray smiled looking at Lyon his gaze full of challenge.

"So... that's eight, we need two more," Cana said.

"What about Lucy?" Happy spoke up.

"Lucy could definitely hold her own," Natsu smiled.

"Okay, Lucy, you're in," Mira smiled.

"Sting," Rogue said.

"No, Rogue," Sting denied.

"Sting."

"Rogue."

"STING yo-!"

"ROGUE!"

"NO, STING, you should go," Rogue sighed.

"No, you should," Sting insisted.

"How about both of you," Lyon offered.

They both looked at the ice mage, "You serious?" they both asked.

"I don't need to compete; I'll cheer you on while I'm on the sidelines. Besides, someone has to cover for Gray when he's unable to fight," Lyon chuckled.

"You just want to be close to Juvia," Gray said crossly.

Lyon froze, "W-What would make you think that Gray?"

"Why does it matter Gray, you don't have feelings for Juvia right?' Mira asked slyly.

"Well-Uh-I-Why-Kinda-Please don't...MIRA!" Gray stuttered.

"Okay then, our teammates are decided so... who is on what team?" Erza asked.

"Umm... Sting and Rogue should definitely be together, as should Natsu and Gajeel." Wendy said.

"What, me and Flame Brain... WHY!?" Gajeel asked.

"Me and metalhead? WHY!?" Natsu cried.

"All four of them would form a cool team... " Lucy nodded

"But if we add Gray they'll start fighting... so we add someone who will stop the fighting in the bleachers," Wakaba pointed out.

"So... Sting, Rogue, Gajeel, Natsu, and Erza," Charle nodded.

"Wait, what?" Natsu choked.

"Very well, I suppose that leaves Mira, Laxus, Erik, Gray, and Lucy as a team," Romeo nodded.

"First, you should help each other out, even if you're on different teams... but once it's one on one..." Acnologia smiled.

"Oh yeah! You hear that ice boy, you better not go solo on me, I'll beat you to ash!" Natsu smiled.

"Bring it on Pyro!"

"Come at me Squinty Eyes!"

"ENOUGH!" Erza yelled.

The two teams went to train as did many more... reserves, at least that's what Acnologia called them. They were there just in case one of their contestants were seriously wounded.

Ur, Lyon, and Gray went to the mountains to train. There they met with a familiar face; Ultear.

"Ultear?" Ur smiled turning around to face her daughter.

"I'm glad you're okay, I just came to..." Ultear began saying. Then she realized that all three mages were in their bathing suits, "is this a bad time?"

"No, in fact, you should join us," Gray smiled.

"Uh-"

"Ultear, you are the child of Ur and you use ice magic, put a bathing suit on and join us," Lyon interrupted Ultear.

"I... don't have a bathing suit," Ur said desperately trying to come up with an excuse.

"I've got you," Lyon said running towards the cabin they were renting. He came back out with a blue two-piece bathing suit.

"Dare I ask why you have a girl bathing suit in your luggage?" Gray asked.

"It was in case..."

"What, in case Juvia had a bathing suit malfunction?"

"Maybe," Lyon answered quickly.

"I don't think that'll suit m-" Ultear began arguing.

"Put it on, you'll be fine," Gray reassured her.

Soon the four mages were practicing their ice-making abilities in the snow.

That same summer, Juvia met up with Meredy and caught up. Erik disappeared for the summer; he was training with the Oracion Seis who were happy to see that he had returned. Erza and Jellal reunited on a beach but Jellal left shortly after. Ultear followed, leaving in the night so as not to disturb her mother and foster brothers. Meredy left after that leaving Juvia alone to train. Erik, however, spent the entire summer with his friends and returned immensely happy.

Then the day came... the Grand Magic Games. Of course, both teams made the qualifications and Acnologia thought that they should be happy with the second and third place... but they were just too competitive. Laxus's team won second place because of Erik's superior hearing and Mira's good navigation skills. Natsu's team won third place because of pure will... and he was not happy being beat by his elder brothers. When the first-place team, Sabertooth took the field, both teams were unhappy. The boos in the crowd aimed towards Fairy Tail didn't help either.

So the eight teams were as followed; in this order from 1st to 8th. Sabertooth with mages, Rufus, Orga, Yukino, Minerva, and Dobengal. The second team was Laxus's fairy tail team, code-named Fairy Tail's team A, followed by Natsu's team code-named Fairy Tail's team B. Then came Raven tail... led by Laxus's father... WHAT! Their members were Alexei, Flare, Obra, Hurohebi, and Nullpudding. Then the Team Lamia Scale consisting of Jura, Yuka, Toby, Sherria, and Sherry. Then came Team Blue Pegasus consisting of Ichiya, Hibiki, Ren, Eve, and a weird blue bunny....  7th place was Mermaid Heal; their members were Kagura, Arana, Beth, Risely, and a familiar cat girl... Millianna. Finally came Team Quatro Cerberus, with competitors Rocker, Nobarley, Jager, Warcry, and Semmes.

The First day's surprise event was called Hidden. The participants of the game were transported to magical locations in a fictional town surrounded by copies (Same rules as before). The contestants for this game were Beth Vanderwood from Mermaid heel, Eve Tearm from Blue Pegasus, Nullpudding from Raven Tail, Rufus Lore from Sabertooth, Jager from Quatro Cerberus, Sherry from Lamia Scale, Gray from Fairy Tail team A, and Natsu from team B.

"I don't know about this," Wendy pondered.

"Yeah, Natsu and Gray are just going to beat each other up," Romeo sighed.

Acnologia realized that Romeo was sitting next to Wendy... far too close for his taste, he swallowed a growl.

"What are they thinking?' Makarov sighed.

"Don't worry, this will work," Acnologia assured him.

"What makes you think that?" Cana asked a bit tipsy.

"Old Acno has picked up a few my strategies," a soft voice said sweetly.

Everyone's jaw dropped as the ghost of Mavis sat down on the railing.

"Hey Mavis," Acnologia greeted calmly.

"F-First Master... W-What are you doing here!" Makarov stuttered.

"Well, it's obvious isn't it," Acnologia sighed.

"Huh?" everyone asked.

"Well, Tenrou was destroyed so Mavis must return to the mainland," Acnologia shrugged.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that first master," Evergreen laughed nervously.

"It wasn't your fault," Mavis smiled, "And I was more than happy to save you and lead you back... I'm just sorry it took so long."

"Don't worry about it First!" the guild assured her.

The game began and the teams watched in intrigue as the two fairy tail members met up.

"So... what's it gonna be Pyro?" Gray asked.

"GRAY DON'T BE STUPID!" Lyon and Ur shouted.

"You want to go Ice Boy?" Natsu smiled.

"NATSU!" Everyone fairy tail member cried.

"Oh my, there appears to be some dissension in the Fairy Tail ranks," Chapati said.

"While it's true that Natsu and Gray do like to fight," Mavis smiled as the two mages prepared to fight, "It's also true that they love to compete."'

"Ice make lance!" Gray cried.

"Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" Natsu cried.

But the ice lances swerved and hit Eve who was hiding among the copies and Natsu moved in air to hit Nullpudding who was sneaking up on Gray.

"What happened!" Happy cried.

Both Natsu's and Gray's score went up one.

"So, may the best mage win," Gray cried.

"Oh it's me for sure," Natsu laughed running towards a new opponent.

"So... they're trying to see who can get the most points," Charle supposed.

"Yes, and nothing ensures our victory more, then those two competing for the top," Mavis smiled.

The first five minutes were slow, Eve made it snow... but Natsu and Gray were practically weatherproof. Beth knocked out three others, Jager only knocked out himself and a copy, Eve had knocked out four, Sherry had knocked out five, one being Gray who wasn't happy... at all. Nullpudding constantly aimed for Natsu, he often failed Natsu having high senses, but everyone was noticing the purple man's bias radar.

After ten minutes everyone looked at the scores, Beth was at 3, Jager at -1, Eve at 2, Sherry 6, Gray and Natsu 8. But Rufus seemed perfectly happy sitting at 0, he hadn't moved.

"What's he doing?" Pantherlily asked.

"I don't know," Acnologia said eyeing the mage.

Twenty minutes went by, then twenty-five. Natsu and Gray had both hit at least twenty, but they had been knocked out ten maybe twelve times so they were sitting at 11 each. Beth was at 6, Jager wasn't in the negatives and was at 2, Eve at 3, Sherry was at 7, and Nullpudding at -3... Natsu really didn't like that purple guy. Then Rufus moved.

Rays of light streaked across the sky hitting all seven competitors, not once, not twice, but three times. This made the scoreboard much different, Natsu and Gray were at 8, Beth at 3, Jager at -1, Eve at 0, Sherry at 4 and Nullpudding at -6, and Rufus was at 21.

The game was over... and everyone was in shock. Everyone that is, except Sabertooth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773 94 21
"It's been quite a journey, hasn't it, mother and father? Who would've thought it would've turned out this way? Who knows... what's yet to come for u...
4K 121 16
When Natsu and his team return to the guild from a job, he receives a letter that reveals some shocking news: He has a little sister and she can turn...
59.3K 1.2K 52
Have you ever lost the only person you care for most? Well I have. My so called father left me in some woods to fend for myself. There in those wood...
624K 17.8K 71
//BEFOREHAND: 》i don't own fairy tail, all i own is this book and its plot. i created the cover but the picture i used does not belong to me!! i'll g...