Not The Last {Rough Draft}

By EmilySeifert

~Thank you for the continued love for this series! I was 13 when I began this book, and am now taking the tim... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Supplies
Chapter 3: The Hospital
Chapter 4: Felix
Chapter 5: Betrayal
Chapter 6: Collapsed
Chapter 7: Separated
Chapter 8: Not The Last
Chapter 9: Backstories
Chapter 10: Busting Noses, Specifically Trent's
Chapter 11: Crazy People and That Boy
Chapter 12: Happy Birthday To Me
Chapter 13: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 14: Stay Strong
Chapter 15: Leaving Town
Chapter 16: Faster, Stronger, Bigger Zombies
Chapter 17: A Silver Lining
Chapter 18: Drowning Is A Bad Way To Die
Chapter 19: Ashley Stops Me
Chapter 20: When it rains, the CIA is there
Chapter 21: Empty And Not So Empty Threats
Chapter 22: Nightmares Are A Side Affect Of Trauma
Chapter 23: Rooftop Run
Chapter 24: Reunited With Old Enemies
Chapter 25: Hacking Into Systems
Chapter 26: The Granges'
Chapter 27: Zombie Dogs
Chapter 28: Zombie Bites and Familiar People
Chapter 29: Turning
Chapter 31: Tempers Rising
Chapter 32: The CIA Returns In Full Force
Chapter 33: Grenades Are Back In Fashion
Chapter 34: The Broadcast
Chapter 35: Working Together
Chapter 36: Sleep Is For The Weak
Chapter 37: One Or The Other
Chapter 38: Out Smart The Smart
Chapter 39: Chopper Stopper
Chapter 40: Destroying And Destroyed
Chapter 41: We've Been Broadcasted
Chapter 42: Giving In
Chapter 43: Torture Exercises
Chapter 44: Rescue Mission
Chapter 45: Hunting Expedition Success
Chapter 46: Game Of CIA
Chapter 47: The Hour Journey
Chapter 48: Averageish Beach Goers
Chapter 49: Celebrating Peace
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Chapter 30: Withstanding Zombie Bites

1.7K 130 9
By EmilySeifert

  My eyes flickered open. It was dark and the only light came from the moon. My head was foggy and I sat up slowly.

  "Lay down and chill out," Someone demanded. I could make out Darwin's face in the pale light.

  "What-?" I asked and my hand went to my neck. There was still a bandage on it.

  "How long has it been?" I asked. Why hadn't I turned?

  "Four days," Darwin said. My mouth fell open.

  "Why am I not dead?" I asked. I was starting to freak out now.

  "Why don't you take a random guess?" Darwin asked. His eyes glinted mysteriously.

  "It has something to do with my blood type, doesn't it?" I asked, remembering the paper that said my blood type was nonexistent.

  "Yes. Yes it does. You have a different blood type. You're the only one in the world like that. It's a mutation. The virus can't take over you're blood stream," Darwin said. He crossed his arms and stared at me.

  "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

  "It means that you're immune to the virus," Darwin said. I sat up a little straighter. The room was starting to lighten from the rising sun.

  "So, I can't turn?" I asked. Darwin shook his head. I sighed in pure relief. I wasn't going to die.

  "But,"

  "Oh God," I said. My relief was thrown away from me faster then Brett Favre's career.

  "I'm not sure if you will be immune forever. It depends how many times you get bit," Darwin said. Relief washed back over me. I thought he was going to say that I would die.

  There was a knock at the door and a head popped in.

  "Hey Kyle," I said. Kyle smiled and ran into the room. He embraced me in a hug.

  "Thank God. I thought you were gone," Kyle said quietly.

  "I told you it takes more than that to get rid of me," I said. Kyle let go of me.

  "I should probably let you sleep," Kyle said and turned back towards the door.

  "Yeah probably should," Darwin said as he stood up.

  "Darwin. Thank you," I said. He turned and looked at me.

  "For what?" He asked.

  "For being a dick," I said. He must have understood what I meant because he smiled and walked out the door.

  I laid back down and shut my eyes. The mere fact that I wasn't going to die and that Kyle, Miranda, Morgan, and Cory were okay was enough to settle my nerves more than ever.

-----

A/N

Okay so I know that was short but your welcome! I didn't kill Astrix! But who knows what I will do... :)

And 1,154 Reads?!?!?! Guys that's awesome! *screams and then dies*

Okay there probably won't be another update until Sunday. Between soccer, school, and the high school football games plus my friends and I are getting our costumes ready for Halloween, I haven't had too much time to update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 432 34
This is my 1st book off of a brain injury that almost killed me i am 6/24 months healed so plz dont hate on me that much. The story is about a younge...
185 2 17
After the world begins to become corrupt, Beatrix and her Mom are left to their own resources after Beatrix's father and brother die. The world is sp...
133 24 6
The world ended long ago, riddled with plague and zombies and destruction. But humanity survived, and humanity evolved. The Infection that helped bri...
Static By Hattie

Teen Fiction

7.6K 317 17
{COMPLETED} "now that you've had your fun electrocuting me, would you care to hop in the backseat?" ...