The Art of Magic (Lesbian Sto...

By DanniNightShade

Cover by Yukuma Bear https://www.redbubble.com/people/pint-sizedpanda/shop?asc=u Our discord https://discord... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chaper 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 44

3K 183 7
By DanniNightShade

Melisande was not amused by the little fox who dared stand up to her, but Kai also didn't seem like she cared too much about the devil.

"What the hell are you trying to prove?" Melisande growled at the fox who just held her angry expression.

"That you're an idiot who would rather throw punches and prove the humans right than stop for a second and realize how rude and spiteful you are." Kai retorted.

"Watch your mouth kid!" Melisande stepped towards Kai, the ground burning under her hoof.

"Get out of my school." Kai retorted.

Melisande answered by punching towards Kai, and opening with a gust of white flame that enveloped the poor fox. Zali's heart dropped in her chest and she wished she could move to try and help, but her body wouldn't obey. Thankfully Reza beat her to the punch.

The Baital ran over and pushed her arm up. "Are you insane Mel!? You can't attack people! No matter how much they annoy you!" Reza snapped, and turned her head to look at Kai to make sure she was alright. However even she looked shocked to see Kai standing there like nothing happened, still holding the same stance. "What?"

"She withstood my flame?!' Melisande questioned, her eyes wide in shock.

"If you had taken five seconds to note my appearance, you would have realized I'm a Fire Fox." Kai rolled her eyes like it should have been obvious.

"Not even a Fire Fox can stand my flames! Such a thing is impossible!" The devil answered.

"Enough is enough Melisande. Collect your things and leave the campus or I'll throw you out." Kai warned.

Mel went to cast another spell, but Reza slapped the devil across the face, getting her to shrink back and return to her human form. "Enough Mel! You're acting like a spoiled child! Go back to the dorm, get your things and leave." She ordered.

Mel stared at her for a moment before retreating and walking off. Reza ran over to Kai and seemed to examine her for damage as the Fox relaxed so she was standing normally, her tail swaying behind her as her ears stood up again. Zali made her way over, giving her a quick once over herself to make sure she wasn't truly burned.

"I really thought you were in trouble there Kai." Zali admitted.

"I'm glad you have faith in me." Kai answered.

"Are you really okay? She didn't hurt you?" Reza asked.

"I'm fine. I'm completely immune to all flames. I got my own from Juno's volcano." Kai shrugged.

"I guess you can't get much hotter than that then." The Baital sighed before looking towards Desdemona who was standing there with her arms crossed over her chest waiting. "Look, I'm-"

"Zip it Reza." Desdemona interrupted. "We all know that you're not to blame for Mel's temper tantrums. The poor girl just can't control herself and always has to blame me for everything."

"That doesn't make it right." Reza groaned. "She should know better than to act like that."

"How did you two meet anyway?" Zali questioned.

"That's a really long story. Maybe I'll tell you later."

Zali glanced to Desdemona who just shrugged. "It really is a long story."

"So there are actually Angels causing trouble on the campus?" Zali questioned, gently taking Kai's arm again as if inviting her back into the conversation. Her skin was unusually warm, and she wondered if Melisande's flame did actually have an effect on her.

"I've noticed light magic being used around my dorm. Since I'm a Devil I can usually pick up on those things. I figured it was just Vahrri and Nahrri using their magic to protect the dorm room." Desdemona explained. "But I've noticed a couple things that kinda seem out of place. It's only on my front door and terrace, like someone put something there and someone else removed it."

"You think Vahrri is still protecting you even when she doesn't belong to you anymore?" Reza asked.

"I wouldn't doubt it. As much as I annoy her she knows I'd do anything for her and her sister. If I really was cruel I wouldn't give her the choice on whether or not to sleep with me. I would demand it." Desdemona confessed. "Plus they help me make better choices, so I can't complain."

"You do seem a lot better than you used to." Reza noted. "You smile more too."

"I feel happier." The Devil smiled softly, like she was remembering something.

Zali noticed Kai's tail swaying behind her, almost like an irritated cat. Her expression was still mostly blank, like she was thinking about something and trying her best not to scowl. Zali gently touched her shoulder with one hand as she was still holding onto her arm with the other. "Are you feeling alright Kai?" The mage whispered.

"People who take pleasure in the pain of others irritate me. Melisande is nothing but a bully." Kai admitted, not bothering to whisper.

Reza paused, looking at the fox like she was shocked something so selfish could come out of a deity. "Melisande isn't all bad." The Baital tried to explain and went to continue, but the fox would have none of it and interrupted her.

"She attacked me for simply standing up to her. She didn't bother to find out who I was or what I was capable of, she just assumed she was better than me. If I wasn't a Fire Fox would she have even felt bad about burning me? Or even killing me? Someone like her is a danger to everyone around her. I don't care if she's your friend, or that you've known her for a long time. She doesn't have the right to act so high and mighty."

"And exactly what are you doing then?" Reza retorted. "You saying all this shit seems pretty high and mighty yourself."

"Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe myself to be better than anyone else. If anything I think far less of myself than those around me. I've been put on a pedestal against my will and I hate it more than anything."

"That doesn't change anything. You can't just say you don't think you're better when you're acting like you are." Reza growled.

"I didn't attack her did I? I let her attempt to burn me alive." Kai glared. "If I was anyone else she would have killed me. Would you still try and defend her then?"

"I'm not defending her, I'm apologizing for her behavior."

"That doesn't make it right. You should-" Kai turned her head as if listening to someone before grumbling. Chysolite stepped from her body so she was standing in front of her where she glanced over her shoulder at the angry fox before looking back at Reza who seemed very surprised to see a Zealot.

"Kai didn't have the best childhood, and let's just say her appearance wasn't as divine as it is now. She was mistreated when she was young before she got into the Wizard's Tower, and since she was little she's always had a very low tolerance for people who trample others to get what they want." Chysolite explained. "Unfortunately there's nothing you can say to change Kai's mind. In her eyes Melisande will always be a monster, so arguing about it is pointless."

Reza sighed deeply before waving haphazardly and taking her leave without even looking back. The Baital was clearly irritated with the whole situation, but even Zali knew that Melisande was mostly if not all to blame. Though she was surprised Kai had so much bite. She expected the Fox to be a much more timid person.

"Are you alright Kai?" Zali asked, gently tapping the Fox's arm. "I've never seen you so mad."

"I'm honestly surprised she hasn't burned you yet." Chysolite admitted.

Kai's eyes widened and she pulled away from Zali's touch. "Be careful! I could-"

"Kai!" Chysolite jumped, taking the Fox's shoulders. "You're flame isn't out of control! You're not hot enough to burn anyone." The Zealot managed a small chuckle.

Kai let out a deep sigh, and Zali cleared her throat. "Um... Was I supposed to get burned?"

"Not supposed to. But it was entirely possible that you could have. I'm just as surprised as you are Chysolite." Kai admitted, holding her hand up as flames danced across her fingertips almost like she was examining them, though the Fox clearly couldn't see it herself. "Usually when I get upset I just lose control of it. My body can get so hot I can light things on fire just by touching them."

"Which is pretty upsetting, considering you're also a Seer." Chysolite noted.

"I haven't needed to be a Seer in a long time. So I have no need to touch things." Kai rolled her eyes and held out her hand for Chysolite to take her arm. The Zealot did so, pulling the small Fox's body against her own as she linked their arms together.

"I almost forgot you were a Seer." Zali smiled softly. "You really are awesome Kai. I hope you realize that."

"Chysolite tells me everyday." The fox's tail flicked behind her again, as if just thinking about spending time with her Zealot irritated her.

I guess everything sorted itself out in the end. Isirona spoke in Zali's mind once more.

I guess so. Were you ready to jump into action? Zali questioned.

Of course I was my love. Isirona answered. The young mage could practically feel her smiling. But with Kai and Chysolite here I knew I wouldn't have had to.

"Jeez Kai. Making us worry about you." Chysolite teased, nudging the Fox playfully.

"Knock it off Chysolite." Kai warned as she turned and headed back towards the dorms. "See you tomorrow Zali."

"You're just going to leave me here?" Chysolite called after her.

"You'll catch up eventually." Kai admitted.

"I guess I can at some point." Chysolite rolled her eyes before following after her, and waving back at Zali who smiled as she watched them go.

Are you free at the moment? Zali called out to her succubus as she headed back towards her office.

I can spare a moment. Why?

I can just read in your office if you're too busy.

I shouldn't be. Isirona answered as Zali stepped though the portal to the pocket dimension then into Isirona's office.

The mage sat down in the guest chair and pulled out her book, barely paying the succubus any heed. Isirona was able to get a lot of her work done before they decided to distract each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

934K 49.9K 95
"You're always falling asleep in my class. It cant keep happening, Novalie." The professor scolded gently at the nursing student who nodded with sad...
45.2K 1.7K 21
Kate has had enough of her demons and she is now looking for forgiveness, after two years of not seeing her ex girlfriend and former ex best friend S...
15.4K 422 62
Okay, okay. It's another succubus/incubus fiction (or fairy tale for some of you), but it's polyamorous ;). ~ The lives of two best friends and their...
109 55 9
Lila Unwinter is not a very talented witch; she mostly has a lot of ambition, determination, and enough spite to last her a few hundred years. How e...