Not The Last {Rough Draft}

By EmilySeifert

~Thank you for the continued love for this series! I was 13 when I began this book, and am now taking the tim... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Supplies
Chapter 3: The Hospital
Chapter 4: Felix
Chapter 5: Betrayal
Chapter 6: Collapsed
Chapter 7: Separated
Chapter 8: Not The Last
Chapter 9: Backstories
Chapter 10: Busting Noses, Specifically Trent's
Chapter 11: Crazy People and That Boy
Chapter 12: Happy Birthday To Me
Chapter 13: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 14: Stay Strong
Chapter 15: Leaving Town
Chapter 16: Faster, Stronger, Bigger Zombies
Chapter 17: A Silver Lining
Chapter 18: Drowning Is A Bad Way To Die
Chapter 19: Ashley Stops Me
Chapter 20: When it rains, the CIA is there
Chapter 21: Empty And Not So Empty Threats
Chapter 22: Nightmares Are A Side Affect Of Trauma
Chapter 23: Rooftop Run
Chapter 24: Reunited With Old Enemies
Chapter 25: Hacking Into Systems
Chapter 26: The Granges'
Chapter 27: Zombie Dogs
Chapter 28: Zombie Bites and Familiar People
Chapter 30: Withstanding Zombie Bites
Chapter 31: Tempers Rising
Chapter 32: The CIA Returns In Full Force
Chapter 33: Grenades Are Back In Fashion
Chapter 34: The Broadcast
Chapter 35: Working Together
Chapter 36: Sleep Is For The Weak
Chapter 37: One Or The Other
Chapter 38: Out Smart The Smart
Chapter 39: Chopper Stopper
Chapter 40: Destroying And Destroyed
Chapter 41: We've Been Broadcasted
Chapter 42: Giving In
Chapter 43: Torture Exercises
Chapter 44: Rescue Mission
Chapter 45: Hunting Expedition Success
Chapter 46: Game Of CIA
Chapter 47: The Hour Journey
Chapter 48: Averageish Beach Goers
Chapter 49: Celebrating Peace
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Chapter 29: Turning

1.7K 135 16
By EmilySeifert

  Before I knew what I was doing I was off the ground and had my arms around Kyle.

  "Uh," Kyle said. I didn't unhook my arms from his neck but I pulled back and looked him in the eyes.

  "Come on, I know you remember me," I said quietly. Kyle's mouth dropped open and a light shone in his eyes.

  "Astrix," Kyle said and pulled me into a tight hug. We stood like that for a while until I finally pulled back.

  "I thought you were dead," Kyle said. I smiled sadly.

  "It takes more than that to get rid of me," I said. My hand went to my neck and I let go of Kyle. Immediately there were arms around me and red hair was in my face.

  "Oh my God you're alive!" Miranda yelled. I pulled Miranda off of me and her eyes shone with happiness. It felt so good to be looking at my best friend again. Especially after I thought she was dead.

  Then another set of hands wrapped around me and Morgan was wrapped around me.

  I let go of Morgan and turned to Cory. He was looking at me awkwardly.

  "Excuse me, Astrix, but who the hell are these people?" Trent asked angrily. I swung around and came face to face with him.

  "They're the people I've been looking for," I whispered. It sounded threatening and Trent scanned the four people.

  "Wait, so that's your-?" I cut Ashley off by kicking her in the leg.

  "Listen, I hate to cut this short, but I'm bitten and inevitably I'm going to die," I said. My head was pounding worse and my side was hurting again.

  Nobody said anything, they just started at me silently.

  "I'm going to talk to Nile," I said. I turned and walked up the stairs, with great difficulty, until I got to Nile's room.

  I walked in and saw Nile with his eyes open and looking at me. He was sitting up.

  "What's going on?" Nile asked. I could detect a note of terror in his voice. Nile looked at me and his eyes went to my neck. I reached up and covered it with my hand.

  "Astrix. What. Happened," Nile demanded. I sighed and walked to his bed.

  "I was bitten," I choked out. Nile's eyes got wide and his hand went for my face.

  "Please say you're kidding," Nile whispered. I closed my eyes and looked away from Nile.

  "You can't... No..." Nile whispered. I sighed and reached for his hand.

  I squeezed his hand and then got up, ignoring Nile's protests.

  I walked downstairs. As soon as my foot hit the floor a jolt of pain went through me and I was on the ground.

  There was pain racing through me and I felt hot. My eyes blurred and hands were on me. I think people were saying my name but I wasn't sure.

  Another shock went through me and I yelled out in pain. Everything was blurry and distant.

  "Astrix! Listen to me! Don't give in!" a voice yelled. I couldn't tell who it was, I couldn't tell where I was. I felt white hot pain go through me again and this time I kicked out and yelled in pain.

  I felt myself get lifted off of the ground and set on another surface. I opened my eyes and saw outlines of people around me.

  "Astrix, look at me," A voice commanded and I could see a person. Darwin?

  My mind was starting to fog up and my eyes were starting to close. Wave after wave of pain went through me. It seemed like it got worse every time. And then all at once, I blacked out.

----- Read below

A/N

DON'T KILL ME

And did I tell you guys how much I freaking LOVE Pentatonix? Well now you know.

So guys I wanna be more social with you guys. Inbox me a question, comment, or just a "hello" and I'll answer. :)

And this story just got to 1,113 reads!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
114K 4.9K 64
Who would've know that Call of Duty Zombies, YouTubers, and reality, don't mix well together. I figured this out as soon as the apocalypse hit. My n...
69 1 21
Hello, Logan here. It is 2021, and this is the first book that I ever wrote. It's shit. I'm publishing it back on Wattpad again so my friend can read...
15.1K 709 92
Carisa's been running for her life the past two years. Loosing her loved ones and anyone she grows close to. The apocalypse was caused by an alien ra...