The Dragon Father

By The-Dragon-Hearted

Dragon of the apocalypse, black dragon, master of death, dragon king; Acnologia has been called many things t... More

A Chance
Loss
Mavis
The Three "Punks"
G*D*MN YOU ZEREF!
Ankhseram
Makarov
The Dreyars - and the Messed Up one in Between
Serena
Apprentice and Master
The Poison Dragon Slayer
The Beginning of Complete Insanity
The Lightning Dragon Slayer
What it Means to be a Dragon
Kaidas
What is Ours
Day 1 of Training
And so it Begins
The 1st to be Spared
Kids from the Tower
Tested
Fight, Cry, Sleep
Imitatia's Salvation
Do you, Still?
Remember him?
Well Merry *Input word* Christmas
The Strauss Siblings
Bickslow and Freed
Couple old, Couple new, Couple years
Nightmare?
Lucy and Lisanna
Lullaby
Phantom Lord
The Tower of Heaven
The OraciΓ³n Seis
Edolas
Tenrou Part 2
Serena's sorrow
Reunions
Beginning of the Grand Magic Games
Raven Tail's Damnation
Sting and Rogue's "Betrayal"
The End of the Grand Magic Games
Fairy Tail's Party
The Dragon's Life
The Sun Village
Tataros
E.N.Dragneel
Fairies vs Demons
That which you did not Kill
Choices.
Healing
The Life of a Young Dragon Saint
You want us to... WAIT!
Jackal and Seliah
Do Demons Dream?
Curse? Nah, Friends.
The Beginning of Alvarez
Memoires
Retake Fairy Tail!
Fairies vs Spriggans
It's Time You Face Your Demons
E.N.D's Awakening
Forget.
After Alvarez
Dragon's Teeth
The First Mistake
Stay with Me
Hang in There
Do Not Test Me
Last Straw
What Have You Done?
A Dragon's Soul
Dragon's Rage
I'll Never Forgive You Brats!
Your Punishment
The Plot
Search
The Clue
E.N.D
The Hunt
Yeah.
Natsu's Return
Tyregenium's Influence
There are so many ways to Win.
A Life of Memories
Acnologia's Tale
The Council's Ruling
A Guild Divided
You Do Not Have To Fight Alone
The War
Dragon Fight
Stand Up.
The Death of a Saint
The Price to Pay
More Time
A Victory Ensured
Dragons
I Know Who I Am
. . .
Joy
Epilogue
A little Thank-You (Not a Real Chapter!)

Tenrou Part 1

4.7K 103 226
By The-Dragon-Hearted

Acnologia's least favorite time of year was coming around... and no, it wasn't Christmas. It was the S-class trials. Acnologia despised these trials for many reasons.

"Uncle, I have to become an S-class Wizard, even if I have to get past you!" young Erik growled weakly during his S-class trials. Acnologia sighed; proud that Erik hadn't given up, even though he had been fighting him for the past five hours, and eventually let Erik pass.

Then there was also the time...

"WOOHOO!" Makarov exclaimed, obviously drunk. A drunk Gildarts, Cana, and a wide assortment of others lounged around while five other wizards were trying to become S-Class wizards were working their tails off.

"WHAT KIND OF MASTER ARE YOU!?" Acnologia cried annoyed

And... you can't forget...

"I'M AN S-CLASS WIZARD!" young Laxus cried with joy, electricity coursing through the ground causing Acnologia's hair... all of it... to stand on end giving Gildarts a reason to laugh at him for months.

Oh yes... Acnologia hated these trials.

"And the candidates for this S-Class trial are," Makarov announced.

By the look of the list Acnologia knew that there were too many names... to many candidates... why did he have a feeling that most of his hatchlings were on it... for the sixth year in a row.

"Natsu, Gajeel, Rogue, Freed, Elfman, Lisanna, Gray, Lyon, Sting, and Cana," Makarov announced.

Acnologia moaned, here he went again.

Then Acnologia smelled... Mest? 

'He's back?' 

'What's he doing here?'

"Hi Acnologia, miss me?" Mest asked.

"No."

"Oh... well, I'm back, the council thinks I'm working undercover... they have no idea," Mest smiled.

"Uh-huh, good for you," Acnologia said as he rolled his eyes.

"Excited about these trials?"

"No."

"I haven't seen you in a few years... are you seriously just gonna treat me like we saw each other yesterday?"

"Yep."

"Thanks."

Acnologia sighed as he watched everyone choose their partners. Natsu chose Happy, Rogue picked Frosch, Sting chose Lector, Freed chose Bickslow, Elfman chose Evergreen, Lisanna chose Juvia, Gray partnered with Loke, Lyon picked Wendy, Gajeel chose Levy, and Cana took Lucy. The S-Class mages prepared themselves. Ur, Erik, Laxus, Erza, Mira, Gildarts, and Acnologia all looked at the candidates... They all began preparing for the journey... and then the dragon slayers remembered that they had to use a boat as transportation. 

Acnologia offered an alternative. The exceeds could come along and carry the dragon slayers there, Acnologia could suffer, making himself weaker for the trials. Makarov agreed as long as the exceeds didn't interfere with the trials.

The group stood on the docks waiting for the ship, Acnologia leaned over to Gajeel.

"Why did you take Levy, I was betting you would choose Panther Lily?" Acnologia asked.

"... I owe her an apology... and... I think she deserves a chance to get stronger," Gajeel smiled.

"... Is this a thing Mira would geek out about?" Acnologia asked.

"... No," Gajeel hissed.

Acnologia wasn't convinced.

They took off towards Tenrou... and surprise, Freed and Bickslow got the upper hand, almost immediately. Levy broke the rune gate put down by Freed allowing Gajeel and herself to escape... but everyone else had to wait.

Acnologia got into position and waited patiently for his opponent to face him. Usually, he made sure to teach the candidates an important lesson. While he was waiting he decided to kill time by listening to what was going on around him.

Rogue and Frosch faced their opponents, Lucy and Cana. Sting and Lector faced Laxus, Levy and Gajeel were taking the peaceful path... poor Gajeel. Wendy and Lyon were fighting Erik.

"Wendy I really don't want to hurt you," Erik pleaded.

"That's okay Oniichan," Wendy smiled as Erik and Lyon fought. Wendy was using her supporter magic.

Lisanna and Juvia were fighting Erza, Natsu was fighting Gildarts, Elfman and Evergreen fought Mira, Gray and Loke fought Ur... but where were the two that came to the island first? Then Acnologia remembered that he had placed himself at the end of one of the longest tunnels in Tenrou.

He heard a cascade of swearing as Bickslow and Freed came closer.

"How f*&%^$# long is this tunnel!" Bickslow groaned.

"Patience Bickslow," Freed sighed.

Then they reached the end where Acnologia was waiting patiently.

"Never mind, I liked the long tunnel," Bickslow said quickly.

They... weren't becoming S-Class wizards this year.

Bickslow and Freed lost but, they were both in high spirits for Acnologia was still rubbing the arm where they had hit him. Lisanna and Juvia lost, Natsu won, Elfman and Evergreen won in a peculiar manner, Gray and Loke lost, Sting lost but was much happier when he learned that Rogue was going on. Cana and Lucy nearly beat Rogue when Cana summoned a frog card to distract Frosch, but in the end, the dragon slayer and exceed emerged victorious... the girls didn't mind, Cana and her father began to enjoy some drinks... as did Makarov. Gajeel was angry that he didn't get to fight but after a scolding from Levy to be grateful, Gajeel shrugged and cooled down. Then Erik and Wendy walked out. Erik looked horrible and was shivering, Lyon was unconscious, and Wendy looked fine.

"What happened?" Acnologia asked.

"I beat up Lyon," Erik growled.

"Lyon almost won," Wendy smiled.

"Only because you restored him!" Erik cried, Cubellios hissed... it almost sounded like laughter.

"He was my teammate," Wendy argued.

Erik sighed, "Well, I should have expected to sustain some injury when fighting the sky maiden," he growled playfully.

Wendy smiled and began to heal her brother.

The second trial was to find Mavis's grave, simple enough... not.

Acnologia strolled around the island listening to the struggles of the other teams. Then he smelled Zeref. He was on the island; he had been too caught up in the activities to notice. He began running towards the presence when he smelled someone else. Acnologia recognized his scent as well.

"Acnologia, it has been too long," Hades smiled emerging out of the shadows.

"Praline? What the heck are you doing here? I thought you were dead?" Acnologia asked.

"Its Hades now."

"What are you doing here?" Acnologia asked again.

"Sorry old friend," Precht smiled.

Then a magic circle emerged under Acnologia.

"What the-"

Slowly bars of runes built up around Acnologia and stretched across the island.

"Preen, what the heck is this?!"Acnologia growled.

"I can't have you interfering," Precht answered.

"Interfering with what!?"

"I am going to find, and awaken Zeref."

"You've gotta be freaking kidding me."

"I have found answers Acnologia; I have discovered things that you can't comprehend."

"I think you'd be surprised."

"In any case, I've caged the great dragon, and I am about to go to war with the fairy's, with their brave dragon gone they'll be helpless."

"Don't underestimate them... or me," Acnologia began to lift his hand.

"I wouldn't unless you want the entire island to explode killing everyone on it."

Acnologia froze; he looked at the ground, sure enough, as the cage stretched, the destruction runes on the ground threatened to go off.

"You'll risk the lives of your own guildmates!? Dark guild or no, they're still your comrades!" Acnologia growled.

"No, I know you Acnologia. You wouldn't kill innocents, you have trouble killing the guilty, and you could never kill your family."

"You have no idea."

"Oh I think I do, now farewell old friend, and don't think for a second that I will hold anything back," Precht laughed walking away.

"PRECHT!" Acnologia roared after him.

He looked for a flaw in the cage, but Precht must have worked for years to ensure that Acnologia couldn't escape without killing everyone. Acnologia gritted his teeth, what had happened, why had Precht gone all psycho on him?

"FAIRY TAIL!" he yelled using his telekinesis power.

"What the heck uncle," Laxus objected.

"Did you have to scream in my mind!?" Erik hissed.

"What's wrong, Acnologia?" Makarov asked recognizing Acnologia's tone.

"There is a dark guild on the way, they may very well already be here, and I'm trapped and need Freed here now. Makarov... Praline is back and is psychopathic, he will not hesitate to kill all of you and I assume his guild is the same way." Acnologia growled.

"Praline? Oh, Precht - wait -psychopathic?" Makarov asked startled.

"I don't understand, what's going, HOLY-" Gajeel's voice was cut short.

"GAJEEL!" Levy cried. She too lost connection.

"What's going on!?" Natsu cried.

"Guys, there's an army on the southern shore," Gildarts interjected.

"Well, you're a strong wizard DEAL WITH THEM!" Acnologia snarled.

"Keep your scales on," Gildarts sighed.

"What happened to Gajeel?" Rogue cried.

"Is Gajeel okay?" Lector asked.

"Oh my gosh, these guys are everywhere!" Cana cried.

"Cana, hold on I'm coming!" Lucy's voice called.

The entire island broke into chaos. The voices were all too much for Acnologia, he cut the connection and sensed for everyone. Gildarts, Laxus, Bickslow, and Freed were fighting an army swarming up the southern shored. Freed was attempting to head towards Acnologia, but it would be a while before there was an opening. Elfman and Evergreen were fighting someone named Rusty Rose, Gray and Lyon were moving to help. Ur had run into... Ultear. Juvia and Erza had run into a young girl named Meredy. Mira and Lisanna were fighting Azuma; Mira was being given a hard time. Zancrow, a fire god slayer was facing Natsu, Sting, and Rogue, all of the exceeds behind them.

"There ain't any guild stronger than Grimoire heart," Zancrow hissed.

"Be careful underestimating us fairies" Sting smiled.

"You'll regret it," Rogue growled.

"You think I'm afraid of you lousy lot," Zancrow asked.

"You should be scared of Sting-Kun!" Lector cried.

"Rogue too," Frosch said raising his fist in the air.

"Yeah, Natsu's gonna give you a run for your money," Happy smiled floating above the group.

"Show this ruffian who he's dealing with," Carle said disdainfully.

"Oh, I'm all fired up now," Natsu smiled.

"Grimoire heart doesn't stand a chance," Pantherlily smiled.

The three dragon slayers descended on the god slayer.

Gajeel and Levy were fighting some soldiers of Grimoire heat soldiers. Gajeel had been attacked from behind and was... not happy.

"YOU LITTLE COWARDS! GET BACK HERE AND SUFFER!" Gajeel cried... no Gajeel was not happy at all.

Cana and Lucy were fighting Kain. Makarov had met up with Hades. Erik and Wendy were running to aide Makarov.

Within a few minutes, Makarov had fallen.

Acnologia banged his fists against the cage, if only he was there, he could have stopped this.

"MASTER!" Erik cried hearing Makarov's defeat, but he was too far away.

"Is he alright?" Wendy asked fearfully.

"He will be once you get there," Erik gritted.

"Well, looks like I've found some lost fairy's," a man's voice chuckled. It was Bluenote.

"Who are you?" Wendy asked.

"He's dangerous Wendy," Erik warned.

"Indeed," Bluenote chuckled. He raised his hands, Cubellios hissed, "Tell me, can you fly?" he asked.

"Wendy run!" Erik cried.

"No... fall," Bluenote chuckled using fall. The gravity increased dramatically crushing Erik and Wendy to the ground. Wendy tried using her air magic, but she couldn't move her hands. Erik struggled to move, and Cubellios slithered up next to him.

"Go Cubellios," Erik hissed, "Wendy, push me forward."

"Go get him Oniichan," Wendy smiled, she moved one hand up and sent a blast of air hurling towards Erik, it gave Erik just enough distance to free himself from the gravity field. Bluenote was surprised and got a poison dragon fist to his face. Bluenote looked up even more surprised, Erik growled as he launched forwards.

"Fall little dragon," Bluenote chuckled. Erik slammed into the ground due to gravity.

"ONIICHAN!" cried Wendy.

Cubellios had begun to slither towards him.

"Cubellios," Acnologia told her through telekinesis, "Come here."

Cubellios reluctantly obeyed.

"Makarov," Acnologia ordered, "get up, you're guild needs you." Makarov began to stir, "Makarov, get over here, you need to move, come on Makarov," Acnologia coaxed gritting his teeth, "you can't die now, old man!"

Makarov made his way to Acnologia as Cubellios did.

"Acnologia," Makarov groaned walking towards the cage, Cubellios slithered after him, "you called?"

"Yeah... are you alright?"

"I'll live."

"Great...I need you to perform a complex transformation spell."

"You should be dead by now," Bluenote pondered.

"Yeah, well I'm told that I'm annoyingly resilient," Erik growled from under the gravity change. He had been forced back and was next to Wendy once again.

"Perhaps I should squish you?" Bluenote chuckled and he increased the gravity. What movement Erik could perform was now meaningless, he was completely pinned down, Wendy was too, "But I suppose turning this young one into a pancake will be just as rewarding," Bluenote sighed.

Wendy began to cry, the pressure was too much, her bones would shatter if any more was applied.

"Wendy," Erik cried he struggled to stand. She was curled up in a ball, too scared to try anything.

"Oniichan..." she whimpered.

"Wendy," Erik breathed.

"I'm scared," she whimpered.

Acnologia could feel the rage that poured off Erik, his little sister was scared and hurt... and he didn't like it. Slowly he shifted himself, he pushed up with his hands and then got his feet under him, and finally, he was able to stand.

"Impossible," Bluenote said.

"Prepare to die," Erik gritted. He took a step forward, and then another.

"FALL!" Bluenote yelled and he increased the gravity around Erik even more so, Erik's feet were pushed into the rock, he began to sink.

"You hurt my sister, you hurt my family, you 're gonna die," Erik growled, continuing to trek forward. Then there Acnologia sensed Kawazu and Yomazu coming through the undergrowth. He wanted to warn Erik, but the gravity around Erik was too much, he couldn't feel anything other than the rage inside of him.

"Hurry up Makarov!" Acnologia ordered.

"Can't we use a simple transformation spell!?" Makarov responded.

"If you want her to turn into a twelve-year-old girl with no memory and no magic!" Acnologia yelled.

"Okay," Makarov sighed turning his attention back to the purple snake.

Then Erik got to the edge of the gravity field, Bluenote couldn't move it unless he wanted Wendy getting up. Erik broke through the gravity field and launched himself at Bluenote, attacking him multiple times without allowing him to counterattack. He could hear every hand to hand attack coming and dodged each with ease, and then Yomazu emerged, Katana in hand.

"ONIICHAN LOOK OUT!" Wendy cried.

Erik turned far too late, he stepped back so that the sword wouldn't slash through his chest, but the Katana connected with Erik's face. There was blood, Wendy cried, Erik fell... And Acnologia roared, not with his magic, just with his voice, and collapsed to his knees. Not Erik, he prayed to god for Erik.

Then Erik began to breathe, he wasn't dead.

"Finish him Yomazu," Bluenote ordered, "I'll finish this little child."

"ONIICHAN! ONIICHAN!" Wendy cried uselessly struggling to move.

"Acnologia, I think it's working," Makarov yelled.

Acnologia was forced back, in front of him laid a woman in a purple dress and bright green eyes. Slowly she sat up.

"Easy child, easy," Makarov soothed.

The woman opened her eyes, at first they were reptilian, but then, they went normal. She turned and looked at Acnologia.

"What's your name child?" Makarov asked.

"Kinana..." she looked around, "Where's Erik?"

"In trouble, can you help him?" Acnologia asked.

She smiled, "Yes, just tell me where to go."

Erik was still moving, but he had to apply pressure to his face to stop the bleeding. He covered one of his eyes and was dodging the attacks from overgrown chicken and goat sluggishly.

Wendy was struggling to move, and gravity was only increasing.

Then a round of eggs knocked Erik down and Yomazu prepared to take the killing blow.

Then Kinana emerged, she stood straight up and spread her arms, palms towards the sky, "Scales protected by the stars, fangs forged by the moon, move swiftly as the wind, I call on thee, Sathersa!" above her head a giant white snake formed. It was floating and hissing. Its scales were clear with a tint of silver. "ATTACK!" Kinana ordered.

The giant snake rushed forward, its head knocked Yomazu and Kawazu off their feet and its tail slammed into Bluenote, the gravity spell was broken. Wendy got to her feet and ran over to Erik.

"Wendy, help her," Erik breathed.

"After I help you," Wendy retorted placing her hands on Erik's right eye.

"Attack the girl," Kawazu cried, and then the snake opened its mouth and swallowed the overgrown chicken. The bird struggled inside the snake's jaws before the snake spit him back out again. Then Sathersa's tail slammed into Yomazu, he went flying and hit a canyon wall, then fell down unconscious. Kawazu was the same. Then the giant snake turned to Bluenote who was getting to his feet.

"As strong as the heavens and as tight as the grips of death, Constricteth, come to me!" Kinana ordered. This time a blue snake emerged above her head, it was much smaller than Sathersa, but it moved like lightning, it was clear as well, but the tint of blue was impossible to miss. Before Bluenote could say a word, Constricteth had wrapped around him and he could no longer move. Sathersa moved her head side to side, and her forked tongue tasted the air. Bluenote struggled, but he could not move.

"Now Sathersa, finish this," Kinana ordered. Sathersa launched herself at Bluenote and a huge cloud of dust rose up. The two snakes shattered into fragments and the wind blew those fragments away. "Thank you, my friends," Kinana smiled.

Bluenote was still alive and conscious; he struggled to get to his feet.

"I told you, you would pay," Erik chuckled walking over to Bluenote. His right eye had a thin scar over it and was closed... It would remain that way for eternity.

"You are no match for us," Bluenote choked.

"I think us fairies can deal with a few thorns," Erik chuckled, and then he slammed his foot into Bluenote's face, knocking him unconscious.

Kinana slid down the rocky slope.

"That was amazing, thank you so much... but... who are you," Wendy asked.

Erik was only smiling, "Wendy, don't you recognize her scent?" he didn't take his eyes, well eye, off Kinana.

"It's familiar... but... she smells like-"

"Cubellios," Erik smiled.

"Mira!" Lisanna cried from her root bondages.

Mira wasn't winning against Azuma, she was broken and bruised. Lisanna's counter was counting down, it was already at 35.

"Freaky Sumo TAKE THIS!" Cana cried throwing an assault of cards at Kain.

"Get him Taurus!" Lucy cried.

"He won't be moooving after this!" the giant bull cried slashing at Kain.

Kain smiled as he held up the doll, now with a blonde hair in it.

"&%^#" Lucy swore.

Evergreen and Elfman were down for the count, now Gray and Lyon were fighting Rusty Rose.

"From the depths of my imagination come weapons that you can't dream of!" Rusty Rose chuckled.

"And from my magic comes the ice that's gonna ruin your face!" Gray cried bringing cold Excalibur down on the mage. A shield solidified in front of Rusty Rose, but he failed to see the ice birds that attacked him from behind.

"Gray, your catchphrases suck," Lyon said.

"Shut up!" Gray cried.

At least some fight was going well.

"Tower of Dinjir!" Rusty Rose yelled.

Never mind.

"You abandoned me!" Ultear yelled attacking Ur with her spheres.

"No, never!" Ur cried meagerly trying to defend herself.

"There's millions of these little %#$!*&$#!" Bickslow cried attacking another Grimoire Heart soldier.

"Millions!" his dolls echoed.

"I must get to Acnologia, Bickslow cover me!" Freed explained knocking three soldiers aside with his sword.

"I can't cover myself!" Bickslow retorted.

"Less fighting, more destroying!" Gildarts yelled.

"Number 15 is weak and should be cleaned up first," Meredy said sending multiple swords flying towards Juvia.

"What are you aiming for!?" Erza cried attacking the girl.

"Number 5 is Gildarts, but he is preoccupied," Meredy stated. "Number 4 is Makarov, but he is weakened due to Master Hades. Number 3 is the Dragon of the Apocalypse Acnologia, but he is confined."

"Acnologia is only ranked Number 3?" Erza said amazed, "Are you saying that there are two people more important than the dragon king!?"

"Number 1 and 2 are equally ranked, Lyon Vastia and Gray Fullbuster!" Meredy cried her voice thick with hatred.

Juvia twitched at the name Gray.

The water mage allowed Erza to escape and began to fight Meredy.

Acnologia desperately tried to come up with a plan, Erza, Wendy, Erik, and Kinana were all available, but where could they help out?

"Natsu-san!" Sting cried as Natsu's fire burned out inside of Zancrow's black flames.

"Natsu!" Happy cried trying to fly into the fire.

"Watch out Happy!" Rogue cried blocking a fire attack with his shadows.

"It looks like the little dragon's all burned out," Zancrow said twistedly.

"Not Natsu-san," Sting denied.

"Look again," Zancrow laughed.

"Natsu... Natsu-san is stronger than you!" Sting cried.

"Oh really?" Zancrow asked.

"Yes," Rogue smiled as Zancrow's flames became smaller.

"Wha-" Zancrow cried as Natsu began eating the flames.

"Oh yeah! Natsu emptied his magic reserves so now he can eat almost anything!" Happy cried.

"Natsu is amazing," Lector nodded.

"Fro thinks so too," Frosch smiled.

"Looks like the tables have turned," Rogue smiled.

"Oh, I'm all fired up now," Natsu laughed.

That battle was going to end very shortly.

"&^$% I have little magic energy," Lyon coughed.

"Me too," Gray nodded.

"So the little fairies fall to the king of the underworld," Rusty Rose said rather elegantly.

"Ice make... pufferfish," Lyon chocked and he sent a rather sad little puffer fish after Rusty Rose.

"Seriously?" Gray asked.

"It's the only thing I can cast," Lyon breathed,

"What is that?" Rusty Rose asked.

"You've never seen a pufferfish?" Gray asked.

"No, I must add this to my imagination," Rust said kneeling down to study the small fish.

"Really, you like it?" Lyon asked.

"Are you two seriously geeking out about pufferfish!" Gray cried.

Rusty Rose leaned in and the pufferfish blew up in size, giving Rusty a face full of spines.

"YES!" Lyon cried.

"Was that you plan?" Gray asked.

"No, but it worked!" Lyon smiled.

"You'll pay for the wounds inflicted on me!" Rusty cried.

"HEAVEN'S WIELD!" Erza cried jumping into the fight

Rusty is out for the count!

Mira was unconscious and Lisanna was crying. Azuma was slowly walking away, now in search of Titania. Mira had shielded Lisanna from the blast.

Erik, Wendy, and Kinana had entered the fray, helping Freed, Bickslow, and Gildarts with their army of opponents. Freed was finally able to begin the long trek to Acnologia, Bickslow accompanied him, well until he heard the explosion. The two raced and found Lisanna crying of Mira's unconscious body.

"Hey!" Bickslow called out after Azuma.

"You are none of my concern, I'm after Titania," Azuma said not even bothering to look at Bickslow and Freed.

"How dare you!" Freed snarled.

"I'm not quite sure where Laxus has gone, but I will find him and destroy him as well," Azuma pondered to himself.

"You dare threaten Laxus!" Freed cried.

"You hurt Lisanna and Mira, along with other members of our guild, basically, that means the rules no longer apply," Bickslow growled.

"No, this guy is too strong, you guys-" Lisanna began, but Bickslow held up his hand.

"Have some faith in us Lisanna," Bickslow smiled sticking his tongue out.

Lisanna gave a weak smile.

The battle began; Freed lunged for Azuma drawing his sword. Bickslow and his dolls descended above him.

"I hate these guys!" Laxus hissed as he punched another guard upside the head.

"The feelings mutual," Erik chuckled.

"SKY DRAGON ROAR!" Wendy yelled blowing the guards in front her far away.

"Katser! Descend and deliver your poison!" Kinana yelled, a green snake materialized above her and sprayed poison at the guards when they were all unconscious, Erik ate the cloud of poison strengthening himself.

"Cana watch out!" Lucy cried as she tried to stop herself from attacking Cana.

"Geez Lucy, I'm trying to beat this guy here!" Cana cried.

"I'm sorry!" Lucy cried unable to control herself.

"Do you want me to stop attacking?" Taurus asked.

"NO, KEEP GOING!" Lucy cried.

"Very well Miss Lucy," Taurus smiled attacking Kain.

"Loke, I don't know where you went but I could really use you right now!" Lucy cried.

Loke was occupied at the moment; he had sensed someone all too familiar. He separated himself from Gray and had run through the forest until he had come face to face with Capricorn. He wanted to fight Capricorn without Lucy being involved. Unfortunately, at that moment he felt that Lucy was calling for him.

"Bad time Lucy," he hissed turning into his true form to face Capricorn.

"Well, Leo, who do you call master this time?" Capricorn chided.

"That's not your concern," Loke growled.

The fight between the two previous friends began.

"Lucy, get control of yourself!" Cana scolded.

"Easy for you to say!" Lucy cried as her body went flying through the air towards Cana. Lucy missed luckily but was sent flying into the air. Cana seeing her chance threw a card at Kain's hand. Kain dropped the doll. Cana dove and grabbed it; she yanked Lucy's hair out of the doll and stuffed the said doll into her blue purse.

"I'll have to beat you without it, now let's be quick, my stomach is empty," Kain complained.

"How weird can you get!?" Cana yelled throwing more magic cards.

Loke and Capricorn were well into their fight when Lucy fell out of the sky.

"Lucy?" Loke asked.

"Loke?" Lucy asked rubbing her head.

"What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question!"

"Who is this?" asked Capricorn.

"Lucy get out of here!" Loke ordered.

"Hold on, are you okay!" Lucy asked.

"Yes now get out of here!"

"No way!"

"That is the celestial spirit Capricorn you have to trust me, I'm the only one who can beat him."

Lucy seemed to hesitate, then she realized that she had left Cana and Taurus fighting Kain, "Okay, but you have to promise me that you'll return safely!"

"Of course," Loke smiled.

Bickslow and Freed looked a bit worse for wear; Freed had a nasty wound on his leg and was unable to get to his feet. Bickslow was pushed onto the ground, half his mask had been destroyed so his right eye shone clearly. Azuma, however, had only suffered a few scratches.

"I've grown tired of this," Azuma sighed, I shall eradicate you.

"Bickslow, Freed!" Lisanna cried her arms were replaced with wings and her legs with talons; she was floating above the battle.

"We have to get up," Bickslow told Freed.

"Get up, get up!" his dolls chanted.

"Bleve" Azuma sighed.

A burst of energy surged from his hand heading straight for Freed and Bickslow.

"NO!" Lisanna cried.

Bickslow found the strength to stand but he couldn't move out of the way. Then something rammed into his side, Lisanna. She had pushed him out of the way but she took the blast.

Bickslow tumbled and when he looked up, the blast died down. Both Freed and Lisanna were unconscious.

"Well that wasn't my plan exactly but it works," Azuma shrugged.

"Bastard," Bickslow swore.

"Now it's your turn," Azuma said. He prepared to strike, but Bickslow moved miraculously quickly. Azuma was hit by a blast of green energy, he went flying. Bickslow sent his dolls flying; they crashed into Azuma before he could even touch the ground.

"Don't let him catch a breath!" Bickslow cried.

"I've had enough of this!" Azuma cried he used tower burst. The dolls and Bickslow were caught in the blast.

Azuma began to walk away.

"Don't you leave now, we're not done yet," Bickslow breathed getting to his feet. His dolls began to levitate.

"Why won't you just die," Azuma sighed, he held his hand up, "Bleve" he sighed.

Bickslow jumped and his dolls formed a platform under him.

"This is for Mira!" Bickslow cried. He dropped and his dolls moved in position, they attacked Azuma with a blast of green energy. When the blast ended Azuma was given a kick in the face by the soul mage.

"And this is for Freed!" Bickslow cried, his dolls began hitting Azuma. Bickslow slowly took his mask off and looked at Azuma who was angrily trying to break his dolls. "And this..." Bickslow said, his voice low, "this is for Lisanna." His dolls backed away and Azuma made eye contact with Bickslow. 

"I *clang* Hate *Clang* You *Clang* Salamander!" Gajeel spat as he knocked soldiers aside. Every time his metal connected with their armor it made a Clang sound.

"62!" Natsu yelled as he beat another soldier aside.

"Dangit" Sting swore, and then he beat another down, "I'm only at 54!"

"103," Rogue chanted, then he disappeared and knocked two soldiers head's together, "105."

Gajeel hated this game, but he hated it more when Natsu was catching up. He was at 73; they had only started counting once the others had joined.

"Are you three really counting how many you've knocked out!?" Levy cried.

"Yep Gihi," Gajeel smiled.

"3!" Happy yelled as he dropped another soldier from a great height.

"23!" Panther Lily responded as he slashed at a group with a sword he had picked up from one of the guards.

"3!" Lector said using the same strategy as Happy.

"0!" Frosch said happily

"I will not participate in such ruffian behavior," Charle responded.

"Your loss Charle," Lector responded.

"Lis, Lis! Lisanna! You can't die again, come on not now," Bickslow cried feeling for a pulse or any sign of life. He couldn't check her soul because he had no magic energy. "Come on Lis," he said shaking her.

Azuma lay a few meters away nothing but an empty shell. Bickslow had stolen his soul even though he swore he'd never take another soul again.

"Lis! Lis!" his dolls chanted.

"Lisanna! Come on wake up!" Bickslow choked. He had lost so much magic power that his vision was blurred. He shook his head, he couldn't faint now!

He began to hallucinate.

"So, the youngest Strauss Sibling died," Evergreen told them, staring into her coffee.

"What! Lisanna's dead!" Laxus asked.

"How?" Freed asked.

Bickslow felt something inside of him twist when he heard those words, Lisanna is dead. He didn't know why, but Lisanna had always affected Bickslow like this. Ever since that day she stood up for him at the fairground. Of course, he didn't understand it, but now, now that she had gone, he understood it perfectly, he had loved her... and she had never known.

The day she returned was one of the happiest moments of Bickslow's life. He had gone home and cried, Lisanna was back... but it was also a painful day because why would Lisanna Strauss, one of the most beautiful and popular ladies in Fiore ever care about a simple creepy soul mage like him. Now he had her back, but she was so far out of his reach, it was pain fresh anew.

One day he plucked up the courage to tell her. He wanted her to know that he cared for her; he was dead scared that she'd be mortified but it was better than doing nothing.

"I got this," he told himself as he hid behind a column.

"Got this, got this!" his dolls reassured him.

"I'm happy he's happy," Lisanna's voice rang out.

Bickslow peeked from behind the column.

"You're dealing with this well," Mira comforted.

"I don't know why, but I thought that things would be the same... it's foolish though. He's happy, and I like Lucy, she's a sweet and caring girl, she deserves him and vice versa," Lisanna choked.

Bickslow felt his heart drop.

"I know it hurts, but maybe you should look elsewhere," Mira comforted.

"I loved him, I loved that stupid dragon slayer," Lisanna smiled sadly.

Bickslow didn't need to hear anymore, she loved Natsu, plain as day. He wasn't going to even try to win her heart. It was already won, and broken, who was he compared to that stupid pyromaniac? He wasn't handsome, he wasn't exactly warm towards others, and Natsu was literally warm all the time! He knew he was creepy, it was obvious, but he wasn't going to change just because the world wanted him too. He had always been just as he was, and his friends, his dolls, had never judged him, in fact, they liked him for who he was... Lisanna never would. Still, his heart belonged to her, and it always would.

"Lisanna... you can't die," Bickslow choked her cradled her head, "I love you, Lis."

"Well where do you want to go?" a soft voice whispered. Bickslow looked at Lisanna in shock.

"Lis?"

"I'm game for a movie, but dinner pretty nice too," she smiled weakly.

"What are you talking about?" Bickslow said trying to keep tears of joy from falling.

"Our first date, where are you taking me?" Lisanna asked.

"F-Fir-First Date? Wait, you want to... You're okay... Wait," Bickslow said trying to clear his thought.

"You basically asked me out, I'm saying yes," Lisanna smiled.

Bickslow smiled.

"It's okay, I'm okay, thanks for caring Bickslow," Freed groaned rolling over.

"How's Mira?" Lisanna asked weakly.

Bickslow looked to Mira; her chest was rising and falling.

"She's breathing," Bickslow answered.

"Good, so am I," Lisanna smiled.

"Yeah, you scared me for a second, I almost did CPR," Bickslow smiled.

Lisanna smiled, "Yeah hold on there, let's not kiss just yet," she chuckled.

"Yet, yet," his dolls chanted.

"Ah shut up," Bickslow rolled his eyes at his doll's antics.

"What's happening Acnologia?" Makarov asked weakly.

"We're winning," Acnologia smiled.

"Open, Gate of the Water Bearer AQUARIUS!" Lucy cried summoning Aquarius in a puddle... she wasn't happy. She washed Kain away and also washed Lucy into the uppermost branches of a tree.

"We should be proud of your victory, Lyon's pufferfish idea was really quite brilliant," Erza applauded.

"You're kidding me right?" Gray asked.

"Gray, Lyon," Ur called out.

"Ur," Gray and Lyon called out in unison.

"I'm so glad you two are okay," she smiled as she embraced the two.

Then they saw Ultear, the two of them tensed.

"No, it's okay, this is Ultear Milkovich, my daughter," Ur smiled.

"What," all three of them asked at once.

"Ultear!" Meredy cried running out from the trees and embracing the dark mage.

"Gray-Sama!" Juvia cried and she tackled/embraced Gray.

"Lyon... help," Gray begged.

"Juvia, I would be happy to embrace you," Lyon volunteered.

"Oh Gray-Sama, Juvia was so worried," Juvia sighed.

Lyon sighed.

"Ultear, I'm so glad you-" Ur began but when she turned around her daughter and Meredy were gone.

"Where did they go?" Erza asked.

"Give them time Erza, I changed my daughter's life for the better, but it was drastic... Give them time." Ur smiled

Meredy and Ultear boarded a boat and began sailing away from Tenrou.

Slowly all the groups met up and converged around camp where Bickslow and Lisanna were treating an unconscious Mira and a wounded Freed.

"Levy, you have to get to Acnologia, I can't help him in my condition.

"No" Acnologia called out, he had studied the runes and doubted that Freed could do anything, and Levy was just beginning to understand runes, "you all have to prepare for the next wave, Hades will send something new, I've sent Makarov your way, help him."

Everyone nodded.

"I have an idea, why not take the fight to Hades," Sting spoke up.

"Yeah, he should see what Fairy tail can do!" Cana yelled.

"We're coming for you Hades!" Sting called.

Acnologia smiled, why you ask? Because he knew they could do it.

The injured were as so; Evergreen, Elfman, and Mira were all unconscious. Juvia, Freed, Makarov, and Lisanna were all injured and unable to move. Bickslow and Levy were out of magic power, Loke had returned to the spirit world, and everyone else was covered in various injuries.

"Okay, so some of you must stay behind to protect the injured," Wendy ordered after she had healed the life-threatening wounds.

"Me and my old man can do that," Cana smiled.

"You can call me dad you know," Gildarts sighed; he'd been trying to get her to call her that for years.

"Yeah whatever," Cana puffed.

"Okay so that leaves the rest of us," Erik nodded.

"I think you should stay here and rest Erik," Laxus offered.

"I'm partially blind, I'm not dead," Erik growled back.

The rest of them were; the dragon slayers (save Acnologia) Ur, Gray, Lyon, Lucy, Erza, the exceeds, and Kinana.

"So... you were his-" Lucy began asking Kinana.

"Yep," Kinana answered.

"And... you two are a-" Lucy began asking again.

"Yep," Kinana nodded.

"They LOOOVE each other," Happy giggled.

"I. Will. Hurt. You," Erik threatened.

"Okay, let's do this Fairy Tail," Ur said rallying them.

"Let's end this," Rogue snarled.

"Hade's is gonna pay for everything!" Lector yipped.

"Fro hopes so," Frosch smiled.

The group ran towards the Grimoire Heart Airship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.5K 2.8K 35
The land of Fiore has been thriving for a long time. In recent years dragon's have begun to plague the land. The guilds have barely been able to figh...
9K 48 9
Bahamut was the dragon god of chaos, the son of Acnologia the apocalypse dragon king and Trihexa the chaos goddess and big brother to Hexa the dragon...
1M 27.6K 43
It was her dream to be able to join Fairy Tail, the strongest guild in all of Fiore. But now, was she really all that joyful that she joined that gui...
353K 5.8K 68
This idea just got into my head and I had to write it. I don't own Fairy Tail <~<~<~<~<~ There is a girl that is said to have hair lik...