You, Me and Penny Green | Edw...

By CallingCollins

"Everything has a purpose and a reason, I believe it so." Many have tried and failed to get under Iris' skin... More

๐˜๐Ž๐”, ๐Œ๐„ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐๐„๐๐๐˜ ๐†๐‘๐„๐„๐
Fandom Love
Get To Know Your Author
Evergreen
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII | Epilogue
Forest Fire
Prologue | II
II | I
II | II
II | III
II | IV
II | V
II | VI
II | VII
II | VIII
II | IX
II | XI
II | XII
II | XIII
II | XIV
II | XV
II | XVI
Valentine's Day Special | One Shot
II | XVII
II | XVIII
II | XIX
II | XX
II | XXI
II | XXII
II | XXIII
II | XXIV | Epilogue

II | X

10.6K 422 263
By CallingCollins

|| You, Me & Penny Green ||

| Chapter Ten |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Isabella Swan was just full of idiotic and reckless ideas recently. It was the next day, when the brunette pulled up in front of that, familiar, red house. Bella was pulling at straws nowadays, as she wanted to try anything to get her best friend back to the way she was before the Cullen's left town. Her brunt orange truck had a black tarp covering the most dangerous vehicles in the back as she honked her horn. 

Upon finding out what Bella's plans were, Colton had immediately objected to the notion. He made a very valid point as to why she shouldn't go ahead with the extravaganza; stating that she was, in fact, human, and could easily get themselves injured, or in the clumsy Bella's case, killed. Usually the dirty blonde was gifted in the form of persuasion, supernaturally compelling those around him to do his will. Yet, it was another mysterious conundrum as to why, Bella Swan was the only one who could negate it. 

Another reason for Colton's explanation, being that he just didn't like that 'puppy-lovin' Quileute', as he worded it. It was apparent that Jacob Black was infatuated with the brunette he knew since childhood. And although the dirty blonde was confident in his feelings for Bella, he didn't know if she truly felt the same. The Swan was unfortunately, completely oblivious to his tell-tale signs of jealousy. So after an unusual disagreement between the pair, the clumsy mortal was in front of Iris' house, with repairable motor cycles in the bed of her truck.

The ginger begrudgingly stepped out of the confinements of her home. Baby Green was hanging on her outstretched hip as she carried her car seat in the other hand, a baby bag strapped haphazardly to her back. Opposite to her mother's mood, Penelope was beaming with wonder. She babbled and squealed excitedly towards the outdoors as she tugged on her mother's vibrant locks. The child loved nature just as much as her mother did, even at such a young age.

"Remind me again, why we're going to La Push?" Iris grumbled as her eyebrows furrowed together. 

Bella smiled coyly at the ginger as she stepped out of the car to help her. "I thought we could try to do something, not of the Jessica variety." Iris instantly agreed, knowing that she was acting extremely out of character the other day. With a sigh, they piled into the car, Penelope babbling beside her mother in her car seat. The drive to the reservation was quiet, Iris not neccessarily in the mood to talk or try to make conversation. Plus, Bella being her akward self wasn't going to break the slience.

As they pulled up to a small hut styled house, Iris finally opened her mouth. "So what's in the back?" Bella drummed her fingers on the steering wheel, not knowing how her friend was going to take this surprise. It was either; she'd hate it and immediately want to go back home, or she'd be open to the idea of someone else doing it, but still think it too reckless for her to participate. 

"Motorcycles –"

"Motorcycles!? Bella are you insane? God, I sound like Jessica right now. I'm definitely not getting on those things... and you already know that, don't you?" The ginger frowned as her friend shrugged with a knowing quirk of her lips. Suddenly, a familiar large figure was jogging up to the truck, his inky long hair being the main characteristic to identify him.

"Bella! Iris!"

Bella instantly jumps out of the truck, going to the bed to uncover the tarp. Iris had to calm her anxious breaths before she got out, social interaction becoming harder and harder for her as time went on. She didn't know what it was, but she felt vulnerable, like an intimate piece of herself was missing. She didn't feel as confident as she used to, and she hated that she was going back into that destructive mindset. 

After her sudden shudders ceased, she unstrapped an already asleep Penelope out of her seat. Her curly strawberry colored head, slumped against her mother's chest as Iris eased out of the truck.  Her forest green eyes briefly met Jacob's as he grinned down at her. She couldn't keep eye contact long with anybody, it made her uncomfortable now. 

"It's 'bout time you came by," He clapped his large hands together once, a twinkle in his soulful eyes. 

"I brought you something..." Bella showed the Quileute her brutish beasts, a sheepish expression on her face. 

"Scrap metal, you shouldn't have." Iris scoffed at his comment, completely agreeing with his observation. The ginger was going no where near those hogs. Maybe if she was the same person as she was a year ago, sure, she'd do anything to get a rush. However, she wasn't like that anymore, she had Pea to think about.

"I rescued them from the dump. They'd cost more that they're worth to fix... Unless one had a mechanic-type friend."

Jacob eyed Iris beside him, watching her reaction to all this. The ginger just shrugged, not knowing where any of this thrill-seeking adventure had come from. "Since when are you into motorcycles?"

"Recently," She shrugged.

"Are you gonna' take a spin Iris?" She immediately shook her head, arching an incredulous eyebrow.

"You're joking right?"

Jacob laughed, "I'll take that as a no." Iris was sure that Jacob would disagree to Bella's idea if he hadn't had a massive crush on her. She didn't know if the brunette was doing this to make her feel better, or if Bella was doing this out of her own experimentation. Concerned, the redhead pulled her friend aside, searching her doe brown eyes for clarification. 

"Bells, what's the real reason you're doing this? D-did you and Colton get into a fight or something?" She whispered it to give her friend some privacy, adjusting her baby in her arms. 

Bella adverted her eyes, furrowing her eyebrows. "He's getting all over protective at the moment, and I feel the need to assert my freedom," She shrugged it off.

What Colton was really doing was projecting his grudge against the Cullen's onto his relationship. He was more worried about her safety than ever after Edward left Iris and Pea on their own. He didn't know how he got that way, but he always had trouble keeping his emotional turmoil to himself.

Iris glared at the moist dirt, not liking a word she was hearing. She was already dealing with so much and her brother was only causing more problems. "Do you want me to talk to him, because I can," She offered firmly. 

The brunette shook her head, sighing to herself. "No, no – everything will be fine. I just wanna have some fun, okay?"

Iris was unconvinced, but didn't say anything further as Jacob lifted the, impossibly heavy, motorcycles off the truck. Her eyes widened briefly before her expression was impassive again. The boy was incredibly strong... suspiciously strong. 

"This is totally stupid and reckless," He slapped the dirt off his hands before setting them on his hips, "When do we start?"

They started towards the shed like garage off to the side of the house, the motorcycle enthusiasts walking up ahead of the young mother. Iris cradled Penelope's head with her palm, tutting shamefully at the younger teenagers. "I need new friends for sure," Then she grimaced at herself, instantly deciding against it, "No, too much effort."

The three of them had found themselves in Jacob's garage more often than anywhere else. Iris even brought Penny's play mat so the little girl could crawl around as they hung out. The ginger didn't speak much when they had their mechanic gatherings, she mostly listened to Bella and Jacob unconsciously flirt with each other. 

Apart of her was slightly bothered by their interaction, only because her brother was very much smitten with her friend. However, she knew they weren't completely official or anything yet, and Bella could be with whoever she wanted. Iris just really liked the thought of the Swan girl being a future sister in law.

At the moment, the pair were having another one of their pointless, 'who's superior' battles. When Iris had enough of the back an forth, she finally spoke after days of painful silence. "Well I'm older than both of you, mentally and physically. Child birth and motherhood gives me an obvious advantage so, there."

"Touché," Jacob inputs matter-a-factly, pointing a screw driver in his hand towards the ginger. Bella genuinely smiled, liking that Iris was finally speaking. She was concerned her plan to spend time together outside of her house wasn't going to work.

"Yo, Jake, you in there?"

Just then the distant sound of hooting and hollering was heard. Out of instinct, Iris grabbed Penny who was crawling towards her teething ring. The baby fussed and squirmed as she tried to grab for it. Iris automictically reached for it and put it in her baby's hands.

"It's cool, it's just my boys."

Two boys walk into the garage, one shorter than the other. As soon as the taller one came into sight, Iris froze as a strange feeling came over her. She squinted her eyes at him, sizing him up as the mystical feeling washed over her. 

Iris didn't know what it was, but something was telling her that he was going to change soon. Change into what? She didn't know that either, but his energy was animalistic, hyperactive and... increasingly warm.

She shook her head to get rid of the feeling, focusing her attention on her daughter. "Hey, Jake – "

"Bella, Iris – that's Quil and Embry." The boys share a knowing smile, nudging each other childishly. 

"So the bike building story is true."

"Taught him everything he knows," Iris snorted at Bella's comment, rolling her eyes in exasperation. 

"What about the part where you're his girlfriend?" At that, Iris lost it, throwing her head back to laugh abruptly. Bella glared at her friend, although she brightened at the sight of Iris laughing. The brunette was as red as a tomato, completely embarrassed as her friend was gasping for air. 

"Oh, that was a good one." Iris commented amused. Quil grinned at that, suddenly feeling smug since a cute girl laughed at his attempted joke.

"W-we're just f-friends," Bella stuttered.

"Ooh. Burn." Embry hollered, Penny caught onto the 'O' sound and imitated it, earning a happy cheer from her mother and shocked looks from everyone else. 

It was like Penny was saving Jacob from utter humiliation as everyone's attention went to her. Iris cooed, caressing the ringlet curls on top of her head. "Good job, baby! Can you say, 'Nice try, Jacob'?"

The boys snickered at the redhead, making Jake scowl playfully. "Hey, Quil took his cousin to prom."

Embry chuckled at his friend's expense, Quil turning a deep shade of red. He puffed his chest out and flexed his arms as he glared. "Yeah, that's still a riot huh. You want funny, Black? I'll give you funny." He makes a run at Jake as he quickly dodges it. They start rough housing, making Iris glad that she didn't have a little boy instead of Pea. 

Embry comes closer to the girls, mainly starting conversation with the gingers on the ground. "I got five bucks on Quil."

Iris smirked mischievously, ignoring the mystical aura she was getting from the boy, the closer he got. "You're on."

 They shook hands and Iris instantly spaced out for a near second. A blurred image of an impossibly large wolf, flashing before her forest green eyes. She snatched her hand out of his, like she'd been scorched, and he arched an eyebrow. She played it off with an uneasy quirk of her lips before diverting her gaze.

She didn't know what was happening to her lately and she was getting worried she was slowly going clinically insane.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Unedited.

Oh ya'll I am so freaking excited, you don't even know!!!

Next Upload: Saturday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 4.7K 17
"Aaron, you are only human." "I know Jasper, but I want to be with you." Aaron Swan, cousin to Bella Swan was shipped off with her cousin to live in...
516K 18.3K 49
"The past fabricates our exposition, but it is not the whole story." Having the well known and beloved Alice as her twin, Hannah has always had...
13.2K 842 44
Jimin was a thief. He didn't know what love meant, or what it was like to live in a safe place, a place he could call home. He had to learn how to s...
912K 17.8K 63
แดส แด›สœแดแดœษขสœแด›๊œฑ แดกษชสŸสŸ แด‡แด„สœแด สแดแดœส€ ษดแด€แดแด‡, แดœษดแด›ษชสŸ ษช ๊œฑแด‡แด‡ สแดแดœ แด€ษขแด€ษชษด ----- "Calm down Firestarter." "What? Gasoline isn't that dangerous." Lucinda Hill is the be...