Shattering the Alpha (Book #1)

By melodies123456

His gorgeous green eyes met mine, and my whole world stilled. The only thing that can be heard was my stupid... More

Hey Everyone!
Author's Note:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO READERS #2
A New Alpha
The Woods
Running
The Mystery Man
Unfamiliar Territory
Meeting Him
Underground
That Was Close
Expectations
Decisions
Mixed Feelings
Tears and Pancakes
Please
Done
Anger and Elation
Five Days
Worthy
What Happened?
Brave
Staying
Stuck in the 1800's
The Mall
New Friend
Options
It's a Possibility
Setting a Date
In Over My Head
Unwanted Thoughts
Jealous
Better Ideas
Dresses and Boxes
Shouldn't Have Done That
Maybe Overreacting
Burning
Silver
Saving Face
Classified
Hell
The Masquerade Ball Part 1
The Masquerade Ball Part 2
Not a Wuss
Shifting
The Lunar Trials Part 1
The Lunar Trials Part 2
The Lunar Trials Part 3
Princess Moment
Tiger
Needy
Behaving Like That
Accept the Loss
To the Ground
Doubting Me
Only
Light of Day
In My Head
Everything
Feel Like Alpha Again
Due for a Chat
Alcohol Understands Me
Guardians
Pure Hatred
Answers
*NOT A CHAPTER*
Evil Curse
Marking Him
Love
Blood
Tolerance
A New Kind of Alpha
Epilogue
Adoring the Beta Published on Wattpad

Betrayal

79.4K 1.8K 307
By melodies123456

*NOT EDITED*

Even though it had been about a week since Axel told me about his and his late dad's grand plan to abolish the Lunar Trials, it would not leave my mind. Apparently, even though he is working on his "project" now, it won't be done by the time that I have to do the Trials. However, if I get a son, his mate wouldn't have to go through this, which brings me a lot of joy.

"Hey Cal, how are you feeling?" I heard Mason say as he approached me, snatching me away from my thoughts.

"I'm feeling a lot better. My heat is finally over, and it feels liberating!" I whispered excitedly.

"Are you sure you should be on that ladder hanging those lights? Your body is a little weak after your heat." I didn't want him to be concerned for me. After all, I am feeling better, and while being in heat sucked, I can't deny that it didn't bring me emotionally closer to Axel.

"Don't worry about it, Mason! And I really want to be out here decorating for the ball. It is happening tomorrow, and I want to personally make sure that everything is perfect!"

"Maybe you should do something a little less strenuous," he advised.

"Jesus, Mason, why are you so worried about Calista? I am sure she will be fine," Jade's nasty voice rang in my ears. Great, she's here. I think the one thing I enjoyed about my heat was not having to deal with her.

"You know, Jade has a point, you have been completely MIA this last week, while we were working on setting up for this ball," Serena chided in. I guess they had a point. They were preparing an event for about 3000 guests, and they didn't have an explanation as to why I wasn't helping out, even though it was my idea to begin with.

"I am so sorry girls," I earnestly apologized, "I know that you have been working really hard on this, but I was not feeling well at all, and I had to take a personal break. But now, I am here, and I am willing to make up for it." I looked down from my ladder, seeing Jace, Satan's spawn Jade, Serena, and Daphne looking up at me.

"Well, you really are making up for it. The lights on this gazebo are looking amazing! I can just picture it in my head: the night is midnight black, and the stars are beautifully scattered in the sky. The orchestra is playing something soft, romantic. Then Alpha Axel whisks me here, and the moonlight is shining on his perfect face. These lights are making my dress sparkle. Then, holds me and kisses me like no tomorrow!" Daphne gushed. Wow! Tone it down a bit will ya? He is my mate!

"I doubt that is going to happen Daph," Serena insightfully said, drawing Daphne back to reality. "I heard that he found his mate. There are rumors going around the pack saying that this was why nobody saw even a glimpse of him over the past week. Actually, Calista, that is so weird. You were away for a week and so was Axel. Is there anything we should know?"

I grew flustered, trying to say something. Quickly looking down at them, I lost my balance and my leg slipped off the step of the ladder. It felt like I was falling forever, until strong arms held me in place. I didn't realize that my eyes were squeezed so shut, that when I opened them, I saw Jace's unimpressed eyes staring down at me.

"Oh God! Calista are you alright?" Mason hurriedly said.

"Yep, Jace caught me. I am perfectly fine," I answered. Well, not perfectly. How was I supposed to keep these rumors from circulating? I don't know what Axel's plan regarding telling the pack about me is.

"Maybe you guys should go get something done," Mason addressed Daphne, Serena, and Jade, leading them away from Jace and I.

"Thanks, for catching me," I sincerely thanked him.

"I really can't believe that you are going to be Luna of this pack. You can't even stand straight on a ladder."

"That was such a mean thing to say Jace. You know that I was caught off guard. You know what just put me down, I can't stand to be near you or your bitchy sister," I scolded. However, even though I felt a little good after my rant, pain was suddenly radiating from my butt and my lower back. He dropped me onto the ground!

"Ow! What the hell, Jace?"

"You wanted me to put you down, and I was following your orders," he remarked.

"Well, aren't you a loyal servant?" I sarcastically replied. "Just get out of my way. As you can see, I have a lot of work to do." I climbed the steps of the ladder again and went back to working on the lights, trying to understand why his family just doesn't like me.

It was starting to get a little dark, and everyone was getting tired, so we called it a night and decided to pick everything back up tomorrow. We were so close to being done, and everything was looking perfect. I was having a very good feeling about this ball, and I couldn't wait for that night.

As I was headed towards the Alphas and Betas' house, I heard a voice call behind me, "Hey Calista? Why are you going there? Don't you live in one of the other pack houses?" I turned around, seeing Serena eyeing me curiously.

What is up with all her questions today?

"Well I—" I started to say but was interrupted by Axel's voice.

"That is because she is my guest, and I wanted her to stay here. Do you have a problem with that Serena?" Yes! Thank you, Axel. Your butting into my business was finally useful.

"No, of course not, Alpha. Have a good night." I saw her figure leave as I entered the house.

"Thanks, I guess. I was wondering why we are still keeping this a secret. I mean, they are going to eventually find out that I am your mate." I was trying my best not to sound exasperated. Yet, it was starting to get on my nerves, and Serena got too close for comfort twice today. I don't want to have to keep freaking out every time someone confronts me about why I am even in this pack. I watched him as he made his way to the kitchen and sat on the counter.

"Because I don't really feel like dealing with questions from every person in this pack about you. I have enough things to worry about, and they will find out on the day of the Lunar Trials, when the time is right."

I was about to say something in return, when the backdoor opened, and Mason walked into the kitchen.

"Oh good, you are here. Let's talk in my office for a little bit," he addressed Mason.

They went towards Axel's office, and I was left in the kitchen alone. I was extremely curious as to what they were talking about, and I wanted to desperately find out. What if I just eavesdropped for a little bit? I mean technically, I am the Luna of this pack. And the Alpha and his Beta shouldn't be keeping things from me. Although, what if it was a private matter, that Axel wanted to deal with? No! I am his mate, any problem Axel has should be taken care of with me, not Mason!

While having the internal battle, I found myself leaning against the door of Axel's office. Great! I am officially crazy!

I tried to leave the door and give them privacy. However, my legs just wouldn't move. I mean they were figuratively frozen to the floor, and my ear was spiritually glued to the door. I literally couldn't do anything at this point to get me out of that predicament.

When I finally mustered up the sanity and courage to stop eavesdropping through the closed door, I heard my name being uttered. In that moment, any iota of respect for my mate's privacy disappeared.

"Are you sure Calista should go through with the Lunar Trials?" Mason asked, his voice laced with doubt. I don't know why I felt hurt for a second. Did he not think I was capable of handling the Trials? Does he not think that I would make a good Luna?

"Come on, Mason! What other choice do I have? You know what happened to my parents. And besides, Mase, I only get one mate. Did you really think that I would ruin that all if I didn't completely believe that she will be able to pass?" Axel admitted. That made me smile. At least my mate believes that I can do it.

"Well, Axel, don't take this the wrong way, but you never really wanted a mate to begin with. And she has gone through 2 heat cycles, her body is so weak, she hasn't had enough training, and the Council can't be trusted. It's a recipe for disaster," Mason retorted.

"This is the best option right now," was the best thing Axel could come up with as a response. 

"You know you can drop the act when you are around me, right? You don't have to act like you are the big bad wolf, huffing and puffing all the time," Mason pressed.

"Shut up, Mason. God, I am so confused. You, my friend, are so lucky you still don't have your mate," Axel, let out a tight laugh.

"Listen, about that. I really want to find her. And since you found yours, I don't see why I shouldn't go looking for mine. I completely respect you as a friend and as my Alpha. But, I feel like a part of me is missing, and I won't stop looking until I find her. The last time we fought about this, I left the pack for a night, wandered off, killed a rougue, found your mate and brought her here without even knowing what I had done. You have no idea how long I have been waiting for her. Please you can't punish me for someone else's mistake," Mason concluded. Okay I see why I should not be eavesdropping on this conversation. These are obviously Mason and Axel's personal problems. But, this was getting extremely good and juicy, and there was no way I was going to stop listening now. I realize that I am a very bad person, but maybe hell won't be that bad. Besides, I wanted to know what mistake Mason was talking about.

"Mason, you know what the previous beta's mate did to this pack. I don't want you history repeating itself, and she will make you do that." I could tell that Axel was starting to get a little uneasy. This might not end well.

"Don't judge her! You don't even know her! I don't even know her. Just, give me a chance to be with her. And, if you don't think that she will make a good beta-female than you can ask me to give up my position as beta. Besides, I don't understand why I need your permission. You certainly didn't ask for my permission to keep Calista around. You are being a hypocrite, Axel Knight, and also a shitty best friend."

"Don't talk about getting my permission or being a shitty friend. Last time I checked people don't go plotting things behind their best friend's back. Let alone plotting against their Alpha," Axel's tone rose.

"What are you talking about? I didn't plot anything against you," Mason defended.

"You really don't think I know about your and Calista's plan behind this entire ball? You really didn't think that it would occur to me that your mate would show up? The only reason I even agreed was because I need Calista to do the Lunar Trials. Newsflash Mason, I am Alpha of this pack, and it is literally my job to know everything that is going on here. Plus, you were acting like a complete idiot hanging up lights and checking off the guestlist, trying to see who from which pack won't be coming. Your actions proved my suspicions. And you talk to me telling me that you are only now going to start to look for her. Your mate is already making you betray me, and she isn't even here yet. Actually, your mate made my own girl betray me. And you both walk around like you aren't stabbing me in the back," Axel revealed.

"Finding my mate would stab you in the back, Axel? Come on, man. I am sorry that you thought that we were plotting against you. But, I am just trying to find my happiness. I have done nothing but support you my entire life. Why don't you extend the same courtesy to me?" Mason asked, yelling at his Alpha. I knew that they would fight about the ball, but I didn't think that this fight would happen before the ball. I thought it would happen as a result of Mason finding his mate. I had to do something. 

So, the genius me barged into the office, and said, "Axel, it wasn't Mason's fault. It was all my idea. He didn't even know about my plan, until you told him that there was going to be a masquerade ball. He was actually opposed to it at first. Trust me, if there were anyone who betrayed you, it was me, and only me. He had nothing to do with this." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.5K 2.2K 21
I grabbed her arm for support and I swore her skin on mine was getting me high. I understood what was happening with me. I spun her around and pulle...
363K 16.9K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...
1.1M 29.6K 40
With his eyes trained on me he growls, "Unchain me." The supervisor chirps quietly, "I can't." His head swivels to her, and his fists are cle...
670K 18.5K 20
"Mine!" I heard him growl. I turned around and screamed. He was so close to me our chests were touching. Alpha Carter is my mate! "No...no...no, yo...