Fate or Destiny ⌁ TVD [1] ✓

Por Snowkat2003

Is it fate or destiny that will bring these two together? ❝You don't know who matters the most in your life... Más

Character Description
{1} An Old Friend's Back
{2} That Friend Is An Enemy?
{3} "Damon, Stop Talking."
{4} The Night of the Comet
{5} Corinthia Cabello
{6} Manipulation
{7} Damon is Now Called 'Older-Sexy-Danger-Guy'
{8} The Founder's Party
{9} June, 1953
{10} Zach Salvatore Shall Be No More
{11} The Salvatore Brothers' Past
{12} Vicki the Vampire Doesn't Have A Ring to It.
{13} Alert! Runaway Vampire On The Loose!
{14} The Halloween Disaster
{15} Lexi Comes to Town
{16} Death is Truly a Terrible Thing
{17} The Ancestor
{18} Overwhelming Emotions
{19} Logan Scum Fell
{20} Georgia
{21} Lexi's Lover
{22} Charlotte's Moment
{23} "No Way. Never."
{24} Dead Moms Club
{25} No Katherine to Be Found
{26} Trudie Peterson
{27} Shocking Discoveries
{28} The Man in the Suit
{29} The Tomb Vampires
{30} Fading In and Out
{31} Overindulging
{32} "Damon Was Right."
{33} Stefan Loses Control
{34} Precious Memories
{35} "Screw the Oracle"
{36} Isobel Flemming
{38} The Parade
THE END OF BOOK ONE
BOOK TWO

{37} The Device

1.7K 46 1
Por Snowkat2003

***

Elena and I were walking through the halls in the school. Elena had messaged me and told me that Bonnie wanted to meet us. So here we were, trying to find her in this big school. I finally looked in through one of the windows in the doors and saw her. I turned to Elena and nodded at her. We walked inside the door and I saw Bonnie reading a book.

Bonnie turned to look at us, "Hey! Thanks for meeting me," Elena and I walked closer. I finally got a better look at what she was reading. It was Emily's spell book, "I wanted you guys to see this."

Elena glanced at the book and then at Bonnie, "Is that Emily's spell book?"

Bonnie nodded, "I've been going through it since Grams died," I gave her a sympathetic look. She turned her gaze on to the book in front of her, "Check this out." Inside of the book was a bunch of different symbols and cursive writing. One thing that really stuck out though was the vampire compass.

"That is the vampire compass. Why would it be in here?" I asked Bonnie, turning to look at her.

"According to Emily, Johnathan Gilbert never actually succeeded in inventing anything. Emily secretly spelled them all with magic," Bonnie explained. Well... that is a very depressing story. "Compass," Bonnie started to slowly flip through the pages, "Rings and the mystery device you told me about."

Elena was the one who spoke, "Yeah, that's it. Well, a part of it. Damon only has the one piece."

I furrowed my eyebrows at it, "Is it just me or does it look like a music box?"

No one answered as Bonnie started talking, "Emily pledged her loyalty to Katherine. But she couldn't stand by and watch innocent people get killed. This was the only way she could think of to help. To let Johnathan Gilbert believe that he'd actually invented these devices."

I stared at the device even closer, "And does it say anything about what the device is, what it does?"

Bonnie read a little bit of the page before looking over at Elena, "Are you sure this is what Isobel wants?"

Elena straightened up, "Yeah, I'm sure. Why?"

"This is a weapon..," Bonnie trailed off. My head snapped over to look at her, "Against vampires." I was fairly surprised at what I was hearing. From what I knew, Isobel was also a vampire... so why did she want a weapon that could harm herself? I decided that it was time for me to go home so I told the girls that I would see them later. All I needed was some well deserved rest.

***

I was woken up from my very peaceful, and very need, sleep by someone loudly saying, "Absolutely not!" It was obvious who it was and I was about to murder them. This has to be the eighth time that he has done this now. I was done. This was the day that I was finally going to kill Damon Salvatore. I walked out of my room still in my clothes from today and walked to where I heard the shouting. I walked into the room to see Damon, Stefan, Elena, and Bonnie talking. Damon said, "I'm not gonna give the device to Isobel so she could give it to John who is going to turn it to kill me. I like being a living dead person."

"Well, you won't be alive for long," I stated. They turned to me to see that I was walking towards them. "This has to be the eighth time that you have woken me up. Not one, not two, not four... but eight," I then turned to Elena and the rest of them, "Now... what is this about you wanting to actually give Isobel the device." Sure, Elena had talked about Isobel wanting her to get it for her, but I didn't think she actually would!

"Isobel took Jeremy," Elena explained to me. I gave her a surprised look as she turned back to Damon, "But it'll be useless, Bonnie can take its power away."

Damon shook his head, "I don't trust her."

Bonnie was looking at Elena with a look that said she was done, "I can remove the original spell."

"John and Isobel will never know." Elena said looking back at Damon.

"No. No, I'll get Jeremy my own way." Damon hummed.

"Really?" Stefan inquired. "How are you going to do that? Because Isobel is a vampire and Jeremy could be dead the second you walk in the door."

Damon ignored him and looked over at Bonnie, "Are you even up for this? I mean no offense, you're no Emily Bennett. Emily knew what she was doing."

Bonnie gave him a look, "I've been practicing."

"It's not piano lessons, honey." Damon told her.

Bonnie shot up out of her seat and now stood in front of the dark-haired vampire, "What's your favorite book?" I gave her a look full of confusion. What was she saying?

Damon was confused as well, "What?"

Bonnie had a confident look on her face, "Name a book, any book."

Damon took in a deep breath and thought for a moment, "Name a book...How about 'Call of the Wild', Jack London?" Damon suggested. Bonnie turned away from him and looked at one of the bookshelves. All of a sudden, the book flew off of the shelf and into Damon's hand. It looked at it, "Jack London."

I nodded with a smile, "Impressive."

"Yeah. Great parlor trick." Damon also said, tossing the book aside.

Elena wasn't going down without a fight, "We're doing this, Damon. And we're doing it my way. Now give me the device. We're wasting time!"

Damon ignored Elena and continued to talk to Bonnie, "I don't trust you, I tried to kill you."

Bonnie hummed in agreement, "You're right, you can't trust me."

Elena cut in, "But you can trust me." Damon looked at Elena for a second and Stefan and I looked between them. We shared a glance with one another as Damon gave her the device. Stefan and I looked at Damon in slight surprise. Stefan was hiding his while mine was on display for everyone to see as Elena said, "Thank you."

***

We were still in the Boarding House as Bonnie did her witchy thing. She had the spell book open and the device was laying next to her on the table. She also had three lit candles sitting in front of her. The four of us watched her, intensely, as she did the spell. The device slowly floated off of the table and the lights started to flicker. I looked around at the many lights in the room. The device dropped down into her hands and the lights went back to normal. Bonnie looked over at Elena, "Done." She gave the device to the brunette.

"Great, now what?" Damon questioned.

Elena stared at the device, "Now we give it to Isobel."

***

It was after everything happened with Isobel and I was fairly surprised by something the woman had said. She said that she knew Damon was going to give the device to Elena because he had actually gotten closer to the girl. I don't see how I didn't know about this before. Am I really that blind? Anyways, Stefan was off somewhere in the house and I was going to talk to Damon. I walked into the living room to see him pouring himself a glass of bourbon, "Would you like one?" He looked back at me with a smirk. Then he noticed my face and turned away, "Say it, whatever it is, purge, get it out."

I shook my head as I walked over to him, "You know I don't drink, Damon," I inhaled sharply as I continued, "It's about what Isobel said, anyway."

"Loosen up, Little Flame," Damon told me. He turned to face me and asked, "What about?"

I tried to think about where to start and just tried to explain the best way I could, "Well, I know that you and Elena have bonded and I know that she cares about you and...I know you care about her. I think you might be starting to take my place as her best friend."

"Well, this is going in an interesting direction." Damon commented drinking his bourbon.

I rolled my eyes at Damon being Damon and continued, "I'm just concerned about Elena being hurt. She considers you a friend, but I know you don't make the best of friends. You can get anyone you want. Any girl, hell, any guy, too. You can make as many friends as you want. I can't, Damon. Especially none like Elena."

"Same here, Charlotte, " Damon started out. "Elena is a very good friend. Actually, she might qualify as my only... friend. Is that really such a problem? Think I'm going to steal her away?"

I sighed as I said, "I mean.. Kind of. Between a hot raven-haired male vampire, and a below average female vampire, who do you think a human teenage girl would choose?" It's not like I was jealous, I was just worried. Elena has to be one of the first few friends that I have ever had outside of the Salvatores, Nikitta, and Lexi. I think that I was being reasonable.

Damon furrowed his brow at me, "Who said you we're below average?"

"That's not the point, Damon." I tried to get off of that topic.

Damon rolled his eyes and started being sarcastic, "Don't worry, I won't steal your little girlfriend away, Charlotte. I have my eyes on some other girls in this town anyway." He drank some more of his drink.

I sighed again, "If you take Elena away, you know that history will be repeating itself Damon. This could become..."

"Corinthia and Katherine all over again?" Damon suggested. I didn't say anything and he decided to go on, "I highly doubt it. You two are buddy-buddy now, remember?"

I nodded, "I know. Just, when it comes to the two of you it seems like girls can't hold back. They have no common sense, no sense of dignity."

Damon smirked at me, "And you're speaking from experience here?"

I glared at him and shouted, "Absolutely not!" I huffed and walked out of the room passing Stefan on my way out.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

74.9K 4.2K 29
𝗙!𝗢𝗖 𝘅 𝗦𝘁𝗲𝗳𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗮𝗹𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘅 𝗡𝗶𝗸𝗹𝗮𝘂𝘀 𝗠𝗶𝗸𝗮𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗼𝗻 Cordelia 'Cori' Forbes is more reserved than that of her sister, Caro...
220K 4.5K 37
"Ask yourself, Kaitlyn, will you ever be able to look past all of Damon's imperfections?" "I shouldn't have to look past them like they don't exist...
168K 3.2K 75
𝐏𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚 The fear of falling in love or being in a romantic relationship. ___ Cassandra Gilbert. Elena and Jeremy's older sister, who...
442 21 24
Marie Salvatore. Turned in 1864, at the age of 25, the day after seeing both her brothers die for saving the woman they thought they loved. After bei...