Consummate Love

By Yoontaennie_07

Three factors make up a consummate love, the perfect kind of love. Passion. Intimacy. Commitment. More

Author's Note
PART 1
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|27.5|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|

|18|

5.4K 244 268
By Yoontaennie_07

"There you go!"

Jisoo smiled as she helped Jennie settled on her bed, a pillow under her injured foot. The younger girl was having her eyes half lidded open as she paced around the room. She was checking if everything would be comfortable as the ride home was long. The pestering and worrying around by everyone, especially her friends that followed them until they arrived in Jennie's room caused a small ruckus. Jennie could really use all the rest she could get.

Jisoo turned on the lamp by the bedside table and when she stood up properly, her smile widened. The other girl was shaking and playing around with her keychain as if she was in deep thought. "The snowflakes still go up and down no matter how much you shake it, you know."

"Oh really? I thought they were supposed to be glued at the bottom." Jennie said sarcastically but nevertheless elicited a chuckle from Jisoo. "This isn't the first time I've seen a snow globe, Jaesu."

'And we're finally back to Jaesu... that's better.'

"So you've received them before or did you buy them? It's like a popular parents' gift to their children, you know. It's one of their motto before." She served the latter a glass of water. "The Archangel Works are my favourite. That's one of them that you're holding."

"Yeah, I've heard of that brand." Jennie took a sip before taking down some painkiller for her ankle. Jisoo took note that the other girl was actually sensitive to pain. "And no. They haven't given me anything like this."

"Of course." She shrugged and smiled. "They would've given you the large and expensive ones."

"I mean they've never given me anything of this sort." She shook her head, the clinking of the keychain was heard as she kept turning it around in her fingers. "Not like it matters. They do give me money and another percent of the shares on my birthdays."

"Oh." Jisoo cleared her throat because she forgot that Jennie is the daughter of the one of the richest families in the country. Recent events made her temporarily ignore the status of the girl and instead focus on who she really is underneath. "What was the most memorable birthday you've ever had?"

"We're really doing this questions thing now?"

"Oh come on... you don't seem to be falling asleep anytime soon." She took a chair and sat beside Jennie. She gently pulled the latter's hand and started massaging it.

"If you keep doing that... I'm gonna..."

They stared deep into each other's eyes as if something was about to be implied. Only to see the younger girl facing the ceiling again and closing them immediately. She pretended to snore which made Jisoo laugh.

"You don't snore."

"You watch me sleep?" Jennie cocked an eyebrow but kept the same position.

"It's pretty cute. You're pretty cute like a small puppy when you do."

"Oh my god... you watch me sleep. I have a creep in my room." She acted as if Jisoo was a total stranger and she could've won an award. "Somebody help!"

"Yah." The older girl pinched her cheek and both of them erupted in laughters after Jennie swat it away. Jisoo saw the gummy smile there again and Jennie looked at her weirdly when she outright stared at her. She cleared her throat. "So... what's the most memorable birthday?"

"Let me see... there was this time we lost one employee and... I don't know... not that sure but..." Jennie's smile became faint and Jisoo doesn't know if it's because she misses it as she reminisced. Because it looks sadder than usual. "Well they gave me Kuma for my next birthday when I started remembering again."

"Kuma?"

"He's this brown pomeranian. Cute little thing. He'll chase me everywhere but right now he's sick."

"Where is he now?" Jisoo nodded but the previous sentence the latter said, bugged her. "And what do you mean by when you started remembering?"

Jennie's face darken but she quickly covered it up by putting her attention on the keychain again. The comforting massage on her arm halted. "Kuma's getting treatment. Hopefully, he'll be back soon."

"Oh... so about that--"

"I'm going to sleep now." She raised the comforter up to her nose and closed her eyes again. She glanced at Jisoo one more time to see a small pout. "I'm just really tired, Jisoo. You'll understand, right?"

Cutting conversations was also one thing Jennie does. But Jisoo didn't seem to mind. She has a valid reason and Jisoo thought better than to push her luck. Besides, the soft tone being used instead of the snarky one was hard to resist.

"Of course." She smiled and stood up.

Yet it looked like she wasn't sure what she'd do next. Luckily Jennie saved her. Though it also seemed better to not call it saving.

"Are you going to give me a good night kiss?" She puckered her lips in a teasing way that made Jisoo wrinkle her nose. "Because doing it while I still have my eyes open and not stealing it when I'm asleep would prove you're not a creep."

"Ah jinja..." Jisoo did a facepalm but it could very well hide the slight blush on her cheeks. "Go to sleep!"

~***~

"Unnie, how are you doing with Jennie Kim?"

"Wow that's fast. I haven't even taken a seat yet, Chaeyoung-ah." The brunette waited for her to place the tray full of free food from the school's cafeteria. Turns out Jennie didn't want the coupons they won last time and threw it away to Jisoo's lap on their way to school. "Finally. Food!"

"So?"

"So what?"

"What's going on these days? With you two? Is she..." Chaeyoung gasped and leaned forward, making Jisoo almost choke with the sudden intrusion of space. "Is she threatening you or something again?!"

"Why do you always think the worst of her?" She drank her soda to push down the food.

"Can you blame me?" She eyed the older girl. "And what about you? Did you forget what she plotted against you?"

"What about me?"

"You're acting like she's some angel or something."

"No, I haven't forgotten." Chaeyoung wiped the corner of her mouth since Jisoo didn't realize the sauce there. "But, hey, aren't you the one always seeing the good in people?"

"I tried. It doesn't work with her."

Jisoo placed her food back on her tray then faced Chaeyoung. They were silently staring at each other, the older one trying to figure out her bestfriend. She held her shoulder and showed a serious expression.

"Okay. I've had asked myself countlessly about how you know or how you're connected to Jennie."

She avoided her gaze. "There's nothing. Not a connection or--"

"Chaeyoung, I know you well. Fess up. There's clearly something you're not telling me since day one." The brunette stared at her own food as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. "Do you know Jennie that much?"

Chaeyoung looked on the higher place of the cafeteria. Jisoo followed her eyes and saw that there were only Jennie and her friends above. Everyone seems to be doting her and taking care of her, the girl looked mildly annoyed. They saw her hitting Seunghoon with a magazine before opening it.

"I know her enough to tell you she's not good for you. It may seem like a good idea to get close to her but it isn't. She'll always let you down and because you're kind and you think there's something about her that's salvageable... you'll be the one falling into a big pile of mess while she walks out scatheless."

"Tell me." She held her arm and implored for a deeper explanation. It's not a lie whatever her bestfriend's saying. She has enough proof for those.

Chaeyoung sighed and shook her head. She started playing with her food and Jisoo could tell it was to distract her from getting too focused on one thing. "Remember that time I went crying to you and saying I hate everyone else except you in this world?"

Jisoo remembers that at the mention of the word hate. Because Park Chaeyoung could never hate anyone but there was one time before when she was crying out loud and Jisoo had a hard time to calm her down. It tore her heart to see her bestfriend like that but the latter never told the reason why.

"I do."

"And that you always ask me why I don't surround myself with friends..." She continued as the baked mac on her plate was disected by her fork. "Of course, I tried making friends. But it's a foolish thing to do that here if you don't know your place."

"Did Jennie... also bully you?"

"Let's just say everything went downhill because of her." She smiled weakly at her. "That's not so hard to figure out, right?"

"Did you give up on her?" Her bestfriend looked at weirdly. "I mean... she's difficult, I know but--"

"You will too." Chaeyoung cut her off.

"Is acting like her a thing you learned too?" Jisoo snapped, because she's been hearing that from everyone even Jennie herself. She doesn't need to hear that from her bestfriend too.

"What?"

"Why do all you keep saying that?"

"Jisoo unnie..." The baked mac was mecilessly being murdered. "Why are you being stubborn?"

"Well I wouldn't be me if I'm not."

"Well this time it would be fucking great if you listen because you're gonna be thrown away like a piece of shit before you know it!"

Eyes and faces pointed towards the two girls as the exclaim from Chaeyoung caught their attention. It was rare for the brunette to raise her voice let alone get angry that she was red in the face. Jisoo was strucked by that expression especially when it looked like her bestfriend's eyes were teary.

Jisoo somehow felt guilty because the latter obviously snapped. Never has she imagined Chaeyoung could talk like that. She was good in joking and maybe some curse words but her tone was never like what it was moments ago.

"Who stole your food?" Seunghoon called out that made everyone laugh.

It was a tease but it perfectly eased the tension. The boys in their group continued joking around but the two girls were watching Jisoo and Chaeyoung. They saw the younger girl leaving Jisoo before she can even spout whatever it was on the tip of her tongue.

"I wonder what happened to my Rosie?" Lisa still followed the brunette walking out of the cafeteria.

"Don't be nosy. It's not your business."

"It includes Jisoo unnie, you know? Aren't you even the least interested?" Jennie flipped a page of the magazine nonchantly. "They look like fighting and the last time I check you're freaking getting worked up because of her--"

The glare was sent her way and Lisa immediately shut up. Their talk was becoming the focus of the boys in their group too. And Lisa might be dumb at times but she knew that look from Jennie. That look that said to not overstep the line.

"Go fucking chase after her then if it bothers you so much." She sipped from her drink and went back to her magazine. "The crybaby will probably need a shoulder to cry on."

Lisa leaped off the table and made a salute. A smile on her face already showed that she loved that idea. "I'll come back and report my triumph!"

"Do it in the women's lavatory and not in the closet, if you would." Bobby shouted after her, making Lisa raise a middle finger at him before sprinting away. "I really don't understand if she's serious about her or what."

"Wanna bet?" Mino dropped a bill on the table. "How long it'll be before that Aussie falls for Lisa?"

"How about for one of us?" Seunghoon suggested, adding another one on the table. "Hey, I could go for her."

"Yeah no. You're not her type."

"What do you know about her type? You ugly."

"Yah! There's more to me than this face!" Bobby threw his crumple paper wrap at them. "You keep saying I'm ugly but ask anyone around, they'll prefer dating me over you all."

"Why don't you ask Kim Jisoo then?" Seunghoon snickered when Bobby's jaw dropped as soon as he pointed to the already alone girl below them.

"She would rather be a nun than be with any of us." Jennie suddenly said. "So don't lump her with us."

"Kim Jisoo?" Bobby asked her which made Jennie sighed as if he was a hopeless case.

"No. Park Chaeyoung." She looked up at him then fluttered her eyes, completely replacing her previous expression that her friends didn't see. "But about that other girl you're pining for... don't waste your time on her."

"What do you mean? Is she taken already?" He gasped loudly and pointed at her. "Don't tell me, you..."

The other three just watched Jennie who seemed to be in a good mood. They were almost going to be weirded out if the latter didn't sip from her milkshake and acted like it was the reason her lips kept tugged up. She reached for her fries and moaned in delight once she ate them.

"She'll be focusing all her time and attention on some hot stuff. And I'm not sure how long but according to my sources..." She placed two of her fingers against her head like some secret agent getting an important info. She munched on the fries again, cheeks both puffy. Then Jennie started putting up a shocked expression and loud gasp that were obviously overacting. "It might take forever. Sucks to be you, Bobby."

~***~

"Can you give me my plushie? It's too tiring to get it but if it's... it's fine too if you don't." Jennie said in a wondering tone as if Jisoo can reject the thought.

"No, not that. The pink one. You know what? Just forget it." Jisoo looked up after being confused which one to bring over to the latter's bed. She shrugged with a sheepish smile. "Sorry."

The latter shook her head and smiled. "It's okay. It's not a bother."

"I think what I need my teddy bear right over there." The younger girl put on a smirk as Jisoo turned her back on her. "You know you don't have to do it if it's too much of a bother--"

"I got it, Jennie."

"Thanks." She squished the little brown furry thing before looking up at Jisoo again. A small frown making her look cute like some kid craving something. "I suddenly want milk ice cream."

"There's a pint in the fridge. I'll get it for you." Jisoo scurried off, not wanting to make Jennie wait. This day, the younger girl was treating her as a beck and call. She doesn't mind it. It was one of the tasks she ought to do especially when the latter can't properly walk. "Be back soon!"

Once the black haired girl arrived in the room again, she served Jennie the ice cream. The latter only looked at the small bowl. Then she took a spoonful before gesturing for Jisoo to take it.

"Want some?"

"You're giving it to me?" She chuckled because it does look tasty. Jennie nodded with a smile. "Thanks!"

"It would've been better to eat it from the container though. But it's there already. I can't complain now, right?" Jennie sighed a bit, a small pout on her lips. Within seconds, the other girl was running off again. She smiled widely before giggling at Jisoo's loud footsteps in the hallway. She started talking to her teddy bear as if it could really hold a conversation. "Should I have told her to bring me water too? Aniya aniya, Nini-ah. Ask her once she comes back and send her off again. Good! Good boy..."

~***~

"I think I want to watch Toy Story. The DVD is in the attic though... can you get it?"

'Attic?'

"Jaesu! The aircon! It's cold!"

'The remote is practically by her bedside table...'

"Don't turn it off though."

'Aish.'

"Can you make popcorn after that?"

'Where are those ready to be eaten already?'

"The pillow under my leg is uncomfortable."

"I don't have enough pillow to cuddle."

"I want some strawberries and cream..."

"Jaesu..."

"Kim..."

"Kim Jaesu--"

"OKAY!! What is it this time?!" Jisoo finally bursted out when it was definitely obvious Jennie was having fun ordering her around. She panted while Jennie kept that innocent face. Even though she hasn't seen it, she's pretty sure the younger girl was laughing at her back. "Aren't you going to sleep yet?"

"Aren't you going to sleep yet?"

"No, I'm not. Unless you're finally peacefully sleeping, princess."

"No, I'm not. Unless you're finally and peacefully sleeping, princess." Jennie repeated after her.

Jisoo had an idea and hope she could turn this thing around. "Wanna study all night?"

"Wanna study all night?"

"Okay! Let's study then!"

"Heol. Good luck on that." Jennie scoffed as she laid back on her bed. "Don't mind me. I'm doing pretty good."

Jisoo sighed and raised the thick book on Jennie's desk. "How about we study your Biology? Heard you're having problems with cell divisions."

"Who cares about how cell divides?" She rolled her eyes at her. "It just does."

"You don't really care about how cell divides?" The latter shrugged and Jisoo went full on tutor mode. "Do you know how many billion species in the world are produced because of cell divisions? How most things are discovered and created that you can't simply ignore it? Let's not start with meiosis yet but the fact that--"

"Calm down, baby girl. That was a line from a tv series." She finished munching on her popcorn noisily. She yawned loudly, covering her mouth and rubbing her eyes as she goes. "And now I want to sleep."

"Brush your teeth first."

"Ugh. You've gotten worse. You're acting like a mom now." Jennie groaned, ignoring her who was pointing towards the bathroom. "Should I start calling you mommy?"

"Is that your kink?"

"Do you really want me to be kinky with you?"

Jisoo reached for a huge pillow and hit Jennie with it. Soon enough they were having a small pillow fight that ended when Jennie called for a time out because her ankle hurts. Then she threw the her pillow at Jisoo to have the last shot before finally standing up, slowly and hopping a bit towards the bathroom to take cover.

Jisoo was too busy laughing and shaking her head to chase her.

~***~

"How many friends have you had?"

"A fair few." Jennie answered as she enjoyed Jisoo's treatment to her legs. It was definitely relaxing her and she at some point she didn't mind getting injured. She showed her palm to Jisoo. "I have this count."

"Five?"

"The only ones who stayed around with all my shit." She paused, letting Jisoo think about who the other one is. "Anyway, my turn. What makes you feel bad?"

"Guilt." Jisoo played with the plushie resting on Jennie's bed. "I feel bad whenever I have that. I mean who doesn't, right? To be precise, I feel really bad every time I hurt someone. Especially if unintenionally."

Jennie squinted her eyes but didn't meet the latter's gaze. "Have you?"

"That's the hard part about it. How could you tell you hurt them?" She smiled a bit and continued. "There are instances when our actions affecting someone one way or another. We differ in them and I'm afraid that difference means a big thing for others while it may be a simple reflex to me."

"That would be like being afraid of what you can do." Jennie said, finally turning her way. "Because of who you naturally are."

"Exactly. And I feel really bad about it because it's not something I can control yet I still end up doing damage to people."

They stared at each other for a bit, Jisoo trying to see what those brown orbs were telling her. She didn't have enough time when Jennie looked away all too quickly. The latter put on a smile again.

"So did you feel bad after that row you had with your bestfriend?"

Jisoo became silent with that. Just like how her day had been when Chaeyoung didn't talk to her afterwards. It was tiring to be following Jennie's orders and doing it one after another but at least it distracted her. It made her take her mind off the things she would've been thinking about and blaming herself in the silence of her room.

"Yeah... it was... confusing and..." She wasn't sure if she could share it to Jennie but there seemed like no one else she could talk to anyway. "It was pretty bad."

"Jisoo, don't blame yourself for something you can't control." Jennie took her hand and patted the back of it. "With you... I don't think it's impossible to fix things."

The latter was momentarily stunned and she reminded herself to breathe. Jennie seems to be taking her breath away whenever she spouts words that are so unlike the first side of her that she knew. Words that actually bring comfort, warmth and serenity even when her mind's crowded with thoughts.

"How can you say that right now?"

"Just because." She smiled and there it was again. The smile Jisoo still hasn't gotten used to because of how it makes her heart beat faster. Because of how it makes her feel weird. "Because I don't want you bidding good night to me and falling asleep, feeling bad and all with a heavy heart."

And Jisoo's sure it really made her feel weird as those things said became a bit farfetched to happen when Jennie has infected her with her smile.

~***~

Sandwhiches at hand and Sprite on the other, Kim Jisoo made her way to the only girl watching from the bleachers. Chaeyoung didn't greet her when she sat beside her. Though she knows that the latter knew it was her and was too indulged in the cheerleading practice on the field. Or it could be that the brunette was simply ignoring her.

"Peace offering?"

"Are you giving me two?"

That wasn't Jisoo's plan because it was her lunch too but she thought better. "Of course. Why else would I buy it if not for you eating two of them?"

"Peace offering when you're calling me a glutton." She rolled her eyes but only took one.

"Uh... I'm not. That came from you, Chaeng." Jisoo watched as Chaeyoung sipped down her soda. "So..."

"Oh please. Don't make this any awkward than I already did, unnie." Jisoo nervously chuckled as she continued talking. "One day without you is enough to know I can't stand it. Especially when all I can hear was that blondie's voice on my ears."

"Lisa been bugging you?"

"The whole freaking day." She sighed but the smile on both their faces were slowly showing up. "We had a bet that allowed me an hour of her not following me around. I have a winning streak. Seriously, I considered asking her to jump off the cliff."

"But then she'll just somersault perfectly and go back to you."

"Why does that girl have such flexible body?" She rolled her eyes again at Jisoo's teasing ones. "Stop. I'm not checking her out. She's just that. Flexible enough to be both good at dancing and gymnastics."

The two girls were getting back to their own pace of talking and teasing. The food already being consumed by the two of them. It made Jisoo realize she should've gotten two shares for each of them because, clearly, one isn't enough for their appetite.

The older girl stood up after suggesting to get some real food. Rice and rice. Whatever that means to Jisoo, Chaeyoung understood since the girl could live off with rice alone for it was her favourite. Though she'll make sure they get side dishes too.

"Chaeyoung-ah."

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry." They were walking side by side now. "I'm sorry for making you upset. I know I'm stubborn and--"

"Aee you gonna say sorry for it?"

Jisoo glanced at her before smiling sheepishly. "No. Because that's me and I know I'm being hard headed but... somebody once told me I shouldn't be sorry for who I am."

Chaeyoung slowed down in walking until she came on a stop. The space between them were a few meters already when the older girl noticed that she was walking alone. "Jennie said that, didn't she?"

"Look, Chaeng... it's just that--"

"I understand." She shook her head and smiled a bit. "She has that effect on people. As irritatingly and impossible as it seems."

Jisoo shifted her weight between her feet, being uncomfortable for the first time in a long time with her bestfriend. "Why do you... hate her so much?"

"Unnie--"

"No, I get it. She's not a saint. Not close to anyone like that yet but... she's trying and I'm helping her." She saw the somber look on Chaeyoung's face but she didn't stop talking. "I know you love me and you care for me. But it seems like you're angry at her not only for my sake. And sometimes you talk as if you knew her better than me who's living right next to her room and spending long duration of hours with her."

"Jisoo unnie..."

"What happened? Why do you hate her so much--"

"I don't." The brunette cut her off almost impatiently, her eyes already brimming with tears. "On the contrary... just the opposite."

"So you... to Jennie, you... what? l
Like her?" Jisoo widened her eyes before frowning. "I'm sorry but I can't really understand--"

"I like her." She bit her bottom lip and laughed. "I asked you yesterday if you remember that time when I want to screw the world all over and shouted that I hated everything? Remember that?"

"Yeah. Of course. You were crying your eyes out. And..." Jisoo said as if she could still feel the tears her bestfriend shed on her shoulder. "You were so heart broken back then."

"You see... I really like Jennie Kim so much, Jisoo unnie."

Chaeyoung nodded in affirmation as she walked closer to her. She held the older girl's hand and Jisoo felt it trembling. The tears flowing freely upon her cheeks were telling Jisoo, were screaming at her about how it hurt her. About how it still hurts her.

"But then... she became the reason for the very first heart break I ever had." Chaeyoung's eyes felt like digging into hers and her soul, burning them at the same time. "And I don't want to have another one because she has her eyes on you now."

》》》》》

When I asked what ship will ruin Jensoo next... I only meant in this story but not in real life...

Lol jk. But no hate please. We all love Jennie, right? And if you don't support Jenkai or acknowledge it... let's just wish pure happiness for her. Let's be mature about it even if it hurts a teeny tiny bit. (Okay maybe a lot but you know what I mean. 😂)

There are still a lot of plot twists and revelations to come. There's no way I'm discontinuing this. Unless you guys want me to already because I take a long time to update... 😶

Thank you for reading and waiting. 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 841 6
Jennie and Jisoo are best friends with benefits, but Jennie is driving herself crazy wanting more. While navigating their complicated relationship, J...
130K 3.1K 63
Lisa, who dreams of becoming a photographer, gave up everything she had just to be with the woman she loves the most. Everything is perfect, her rela...
24.2K 907 6
Three months. Two CEOs. One merged project. What could possibly go wrong? Nothing is supposed to go wrong at least not through a discord in a workpla...
28K 1.2K 22
Jisoo, one of the famous actress, life of a party, friends with everyone. It's impossible not to fall for her and her personality. She's almost the f...