Of The Darkness (h.s)

By curly_baby

The Apocalypse. Something no one ever put thought to but thinking it would never happen. But the impossible h... More

Of The Darkness {Harry Styles AU}
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
epilogue

forty seven

3.7K 132 54
By curly_baby

Leslie.

My arms stretch and I smile, looking around my sun-filled room. A note is taped on the wall and I reach for it, my hand running through my hair.

Meet me at the apartment at 7.

-H <3 xoxo

I smile and climb out of bed, walking to the bathroom. I wash my face and walk downstairs, completely in a trance by Harry. His eyes are so green and beautiful. I don't want to go a day without that man for as long as I live.

"Lee?" someone says, my body sitting at the table as I look off into the distance. My mind keeps replaying last night over and over again. We just sat at a park bench and kissed. It was heaven.

"Lee!" A clap and I'm pulled out of my daydream, my father smiling at me.

"What is going on in that mind?" he asks, my lips releasing a sigh.

"Harry and I were on a date last night and it was perfect," I sigh, his laugh ringing through the room.

"You guys have been away from each other for a month. We thought he wasn't even going to come back," he says, my eyes zoning out again.

"Yeah," I smile, his head shaking in the corner of my eye. My thoughts continue to remember how we never lost sight of each other, my eyes only seeing his bright smile. We're so in love and I want to stay with him forever.

I wonder what he's doing right now. He's probably sitting on the couch and writing again. His writing is amazing and I love it.

"Lee..." he says, saying something but I can't hear him. I'm too busy daydreaming about Harry Styles. He's amazing in my eyes and I love him to pieces.

"Leslie!" he yells, my head turning to look at him.

"Eat some food. It's nearly noon," he says, my lips smiling at him.

Seven hours then I see him. I don't like being away from him because of how long we've already been apart. He's everything to me and he has my heart.

I eat the toast and eggs, clearing the plate slowly considering I'm still in a daze. I'm just so encased in love whenever I'm with Harry. He's so beautiful and to think I built up the strength to get a tattoo is astonishing. I never told anyone, practically forgetting about it since I got it. It was a spring of the moment thing that I thought about.

My feet walk upstairs and I grab the phone my father got me for my birthday, playing with the little device. I have no idea what I'm doing and I find a button for messaging. I type hello to Sophia and she replies in seconds with the same thing.

What are you up to?

Hanging out with Liam. You?

Reading a new book. Going out with Harry tonight.

She sends a smiley face and I immediately ask her how to do that.

You go to the app store and download emoji.

I do so and she texts how to do it and I send her a thumbs up 'emoji'.

Perfect! So what is Harry planning?? ;)

A blush creeps onto my cheeks. I have no idea. We're going to the apartment so...

Oh my gosh you guys are going to do it!

I start laughing and feel really embarrassed, Sophia the only who knows Harry and I are in that kind of relationship.

I don't know Sophia. He just came back.

I bet you already did it. I bet ten bucks you guys already had sex.

I owe you ten bucks.

I knew it! Go get him girl!

I laugh and lean against my pillows, not knowing how to respond.

Well, we were away from each other and I missed him.

It's fine. You don't need to give me money because I would have done the same if my Liam was away. It's so freaking cute how much Harry loves you.

I love him too. His beard is the most adorable thing but I think he's shaving it.

You know it's okay if he sees us. We are all in shock but we won't judge him.

Just give him time to come around. He's nervous, that's all.

She sends a smiling emoji and I tell her goodbye, standing from the bed. I change into my jeans and one of Harry's tees, letting my hair stay in its loose wave it has become.

I hear a rumble coming from the stairs and Max appears in my door, my hand patting the bed. He jumps up and lays beside me, my lips kissing the top of his head as he licks my cheek.

My hand grabs my necklace off my chest, admiring the paper plane that has never left my body since it was place around my neck.

"Do you want to go outside?" I ask Max, walking him downstairs and outside. I toss the tennis ball with him and he rolls in mud, jumping into the lake after. Laughing at the wet dog, he shakes himself off and I run a towel against his wet fur.

"Leslie, you forgot your medication this morning," my father says, grabbing Max's collar. I nod and rush inside, taking the little pill that controls my heart functions. My father walks back in and Max sits next to me, my hand retrieving a treat and feeding it to him.

"Are you going to come home tonight? I don't mind if you aren't but I need to know where you are," I smile at my father, telling him I'll probably stay with Harry. He nods and I kiss his cheek, grabbing the cleaning supplies. I clean the screens on the doors and I wash the tables.

"We need more Lysol," I say, his hand writing it on a piece of paper.

"Would you like me to get more now?" he asks, my head shaking.

"I finished but I'll pick it up the next time I go grocery shopping," I explain, his head nodding.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I grab it, seeing a message from an unknown number.

It's Harry. I bought a phone and Liam gave me your number.

You talked to him?

Yeah. I needed to but I only talked to him. I'm not ready for all the guys yet. Or Sophia and the girls.

I understand.

"Stop smiling. You're freaking me out," my dad says, my eyes rolling.

"I'm happy. Be thankful," I nag, his hand swatting me in the air.

"Yeah, yeah. You love him, blah, blah, blah," he smiles, my hand shoving his shoulder. The phone buzzes and I open the message.

But let's talk about other things. Because I miss you a hell of a lot.

I miss you too. Seven is two hours away. What are you going to do?

Die. I'm going to die.

I laugh and my father glares at me, my lips whispering an apology.

Lies. You won't die. I'll be there at seven. Maybe a few minutes earlier. ;)

No. Now.

You're going to have to wait because I'm cleaning.

Babyyyy I need you.

Awww you are so cute.

Cute? No, I'm fucking sexy.

Don't start with this. You're chivalry always precedes you.

He sends a tiger emoji and I laugh, my head shaking at his cuteness. I walk upstairs and lay on my bed, texting the curly haired boy.

I have something to tell you and I don't know how you'll take it.

What?

I shaved my face.

Why??? I liked your beard. It tickled my cheek when you kissed it.

Because it was gross and it felt itchy. Now it's smooth as your ass.

You're disgusting.

But you love it.

I know. I do, I really love your filthy mouth.

He doesn't respond for a minute and texts me a laughing emoji. I laugh and smile, imagining what he's doing.

I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts.

Are you crying?

Little bit.

I laugh and he sends a picture of the blonde girl, and a heart-eyed smiley face.

I miss you.

I miss you more baby.

Can I tell you something?

You sure can, baby.

I'm making you dinner. I'm figuring out what to make you right now.

Aww, that's so sweet.

That was actually my way of asking you what you want to eat.

Anything you make me, I'll happily eat. Even if it's burned or dry.

Thanks. Feeling the love. (Note the sarcasm)

I laugh and type him a new message.

No, I'll eat anything. No matter what, it's the effort and love you put in that counts.

Good. I have something in mind. I love you, walk safe, and I will see you at 7! <3 xoxoxo

Love you! And I will! <3 xoxoxoxo

Xoxoxoxoxo

Stop it! I'll kiss and hug you when I get there.

You better. ;)

After setting my phone on the bed, I walk to the bathroom and start the shower. After walking in, I wash my hair and clean my body, so excited to see my curly-haired lover. I shave and take my soap, lathering it against my body.

"Leslie! I'll be gone tonight!" My dad shouts through the door.

"Okay!"

I shut the water off and wrap a towel around me, grabbing my other towel for my hair. I walk into my room and grab my tight jeans, pulling my underwear out of the drawer. I grab a bra and one of Harry's plaid shirts and walk into the bathroom, changing into my clothes.

As I button the shirt, the top of my stitches are on show and I sigh. I'm still slightly subconscious about them but Harry made it clear that he likes them. I blow dry my hair and put some powder over my cheeks, covering the dark spots on my skin.

My phone buzzes and I grab it, biting my lower lip when I see Harry's name.

It's 6:45. Please come here.

On my way. :)

I set the phone in my pocket and walk downstairs, petting Max and feeding him before I walk to Harry's. After locking the door, I put my jacket on as I walk down the path and I brush my hand through my hair. There is never a time I've felt so excited to see him. The other time I ever felt to so anxious was when we made love for the first time together.

As I come upon the apartment, I smile and knock, awaiting the curly-haired boy. I hear his footsteps running towards the door and the huge door swings open, his smile brightly shining across his face.

"Leslie," he says, walking outside and lifting me up into the house.

"I missed my girl," he smiles, kissing my cheek and kicking the door shut.

"I missed my Harry," I laugh, his fingers holding my waist.

He presses his lips to mine and sets me down, taking the coat off my body. He smiles down at me, his shaved cheeks perfectly smooth. He's wearing a black Henley and his jeans, my hands holding his waist as he holds my shoulders. He kisses the side of my nose and he wraps his arms around me, rubbing his nose with mine.

"I have dinner," he interjects, clearly excited about his accomplishment. He lets me go and I sit down at the table, his hand placing a bowl of macaroni and cheese in front of me.

"Unburned and delicious."

I laugh and thank him, his body sitting in front of me. "I wanted to know what you think of the face," he says, stroking his nonexistent beard.

"Hot as ever," I compliment. He's laughing and I take a bite of his dinner, the cheesy noodles delicious.

"Mmm, I've found out that the super market doesn't have just raspberry anymore," he says, my lips curving.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. They have chocolate and orange," he smiles, my eyes looking up at him. I start laughing and through my head back when he wiggles his eyebrows.

"You didn't..."

"No, but I should've," he laughs, my eyes watching his smile.

"You're cute." He smiles at my compliment and takes a bite of his macaroni.

"Are you going to move here again?" he asks, my shoulders shrugging.

"I was honestly thinking about getting my own place. We could move into a different place together," I suggest, his head nodding.

"Liam said he could help me get into the police force so I'll be working soon," he says, telling me he'll be getting money soon.

"And I was going to get a job somewhere soon. I just don't know where," I say, his eyes gleaming.

"Then it's settled. We'll try to find a place," he says, my head nodding.

"Do you think Max should come with us?"

"I don't mind. He doesn't hate me," Harry says, my hand taken by his. He looks down at his empty plate and wipes his mouth, setting the napkin on the dish.

"How did you sleep last night?" he asks, my head nodding.

"Good. What about you?" I ask, his lips kissing my hand.

"I left as soon as I got up. Around 11," he says, my head nodding.

"I woke up an hour later."

I stand and take our plates to the sink, washing the dishes as Harry stands beside me.

"I like your tattoo," he says, my lips smiling.

"You said that yesterday."

"I know. I just like that you emphasized the S and had my first and middle initials surrounding it," he compliments, the idea the same as his. He has 'L.B.A' on his side, the B larger than the other letters.

"It's the same as yours but with your name instead," I remind him, his lips smiling.

"I like that it's my name on your body. It makes me feel like your sexy little body is marked mine," he snickers, my heart beating faster.

"That's what I thought when I saw yours," I admit, his eyes looking down at my chest. The stitches are clear and he grabs my wrist when I try to move my shirt.

"What did I tell you? You're beautiful," he says, my eyes flickering away from his gaze. I'm so overwhelmed with feelings for him right now; his every action causing me to feel more in love with him.

"I'm just so reminded of what we went through when I look at them," I admit, his hand letting go of my wrist.

"You need to tell me this. I don't want to make you feel alone," he says, turning and placing his hand against the small of my back. He looks down at me and kisses my temple, holding me as I wipe my hands.

"It's not that I feel alone. I felt overwhelmed thinking you were gone. There was something telling me that if you'd come back, I'd never understand how or why what occurred that day really happened, but I didn't know how to cope. I was alone but you came back, and the shock endured made me so consumed by you that I didn't want you to see me so broken. This little mark makes me feel like I had given up and I want to apologize for doing so," I choke out, Harry's arms wrapping around me. His hand presses to my cheek and he runs his fingers through my hair, kissing my hair to calm me down.

"You didn't give up on me. Leslie, you've given me a second chance and you've allowed me to come into your life again. I love you so much and to hear you blaming yourself for what happened makes me so heartbroken. It wasn't your fault. It was Stallone's and he's gone. It's just you and me now and I don't want you to feel upset," he whispers, my head nodding.

"I love you," I sigh, holding him close to me.

"Come on," he says, leading me into his bedroom. We sit together on the bed and I kiss his cheek, loving his beautiful personality.

"Are you alright?" he asks, my head nodding.

"Good. Because I have to talk to you about something that's been on my mind for the longest time," he says, my head nodding.

"Uh, you know a while ago we talked about kids, right?" he starts, my eyes meeting his.

"I recall," I smile, his lips curving in slight relief.

"Well, I want to ask you what you think about that. Like how you feel about it now," he clarifies for himself, his words rushed and rambling.

"I don't know Harry. Yes, I want a baby but I don't know about right now," I say, his head nodding.

"You're right. We should wait," he says, my eyes looking up at him.

"Really? That quick," I smile, his head of curls nodding.

"Yeah, I mean we should get married first," he says, my eyes looking over at him. The shock runs through my body and I start to feel extremely nervous. He smiles and stands, running his fingers through his hair.

"Well, you know, of course we would have to be married. And the only way I would ever do that is if I ask your father first. I'm old fashioned that way, needing to ask him before anything, but of course. I mean marriage isn't something I would throw out there but I wouldn't suggest it if I didn't already ask," he smiles, my eyes watching him intently as he kneels before me. This is actually happening.

"I've thought about it for so long, spending day and night imagining our lives together," he says, reaching into his back pocket and grabbing something. Harry's hand encases mine and he places an open box in my palm, the diamond ring the one in his drawer.

"It was my mother's. And I want you to have it, but on one condition," he says, my eyes tearing up as I look at him. His bright green eyes are so hopeful and strong.

"I promise to love you and be there for you as long as I live. You've brought me hope again and you have taken me out of the darkness. You are my light and my love and I will give you my all for everything. Leslie Allison Brooks, will you do me the extraordinary honor of marrying me?" he asks, my hand continuing to be held in his.

He takes the ring and I look at him, my breathing attempting to calm down. "Yes," I breathe, his fingers placing the ring on my finger. I nearly jump off the bed and wrap my arms around his neck, Harry's arms lifting me up and holding me closely. As I wrap my legs around his waist, he tightens his arms around me and I shut my eyes. I love him so much.

He lays me on the bed and I move my head out of his neck, pressing my lips to his. To say our kiss is passionate is an understatement, for the intimacy we hold in our night is everything. I never go a second without touching him, his fingers touching my body in every way. We remind each other every minute of our love for each other and I grab his cross chain, pulling his neck down and pressing his lips to mine.

We fell asleep entwined in each other's limbs, my hands running my fingers along his arms as I wake up. His shirt covers my torso, my underwear on as well. His boxers are on and he slung basketball shorts on his hips earlier this morning. I turn to get out of bed and I stand up, two arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me back into bed. Harry smiles and my arms wrap around his neck, kissing him again.

"Hi beautiful," he smiles, my lips curving.

"Hi, Curls."

He holds my cheek and stays in bed with me for a while, telling me the story behind the ring.

"My father asked her to marry him when they were nineteen because my mum became pregnant with my sister. He asked her when they were on a date, seeing her so happy and in love made him want her. They got married in the summer and my mum was told she was the woman with the stars in her eyes. She was a beautiful woman and I loved her as a mum, but I didn't know what love was."

His left hand holds mine, his head resting on his right hand as he leans over me.

"I knew I loved you the day you were taken from me and I missed you. It felt like I was shot and I needed you. I love you and I always will," he whispers, my lips curving.

"And I will love you forever. You're amazing and I assure you we'll get body paint soon," I smile, his laugh leading us into the morning.

............

Hi lovelies!

My updates might not be ask frequent anymore but I'll try to update when I can. Damn school... So comment what you thought!!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!!

I love you all!! <3 xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74 0 5
"If I die, tell her I loved her." ------ To El: "When we first met, I had no idea that you'd become this important to me, and I don't care how compli...
1.8K 80 11
Surviving The Dead; **RANDOM NEW CHARACTERS ARE ADDED EVERY SCENE/SERIES** There is no One Direction... There never was. The world has come to an end...
19.4K 1.2K 35
What would happen if your whole life was suddenly lost, you awake in the mist of an apocalypse, unaware of what's to come. What would your first thou...
9.7K 210 37
**********One Direction not famous********** Jess is 19 she got married when she was 18 her husband died in the army. What happens when she move to L...