My Lover's Brother

By Aliview

Ashley is a strugling model. Her career bloom when she met Pete. They talk. They date. They fall in love. Eve... More

Prologue - Cinderella Who?
Act 1 - Returning To Philippines
Act 2 - Is This Legal?
Act 3 - Revelations
Act 4 - Center of Attraction
Act 5 - The Rude Guy
Act 6 - Brother of Whom?
Act 7 - Is This A Play House?
Act 8 - The Naked Truth
Act 9 - Ryan's Girlfriend?
Act 10 - Their Families
Act 11 - Engagement
Act 13 - I Love You, Goodbye
Act 14 - All My Life I've Waited

Act 12 - Returning Back

18 0 0
By Aliview

"Oh my God! Ashley you look so different."

Ashley smiles at Allan and Miley. She's really different now. She is blond. With bangs. And tan.

"When Im gone. What happend here?"

"To your fiance?"

"Well.... Did he dated someone?"

"No news. Hes not an actor anyway."

After they eat she goes to her parents place then to her unit.

"There's no place like home."

She smiles as she lay on her bed.

One day she goes to an ammusement park and she saw an unexpected person.

"Pete De Vera."

"Ashley? Is that really you?"

She smiles at him. "Hello Alice. Hi Lucy." She look at him  "Can I have you for a minute?"

"Ofcourse not!"

"Lucy can you please trust me?"

Alice and Lucy ride on a carousel while Ashley and Pete sit on the park bench.

"Where have you been?"

"France. Modeling duty. Im glad you two get back together."

"Yeah. For Alice's sake. And you like this way right."

"The way it should be."

"I miss you."

"No Pete. Lets stay like this. This is right. Lets not make things complicated. All you need, Lucy can do it. Its been four months now. Were getting used to it."

"I love you."

"Yeah. I feel the same way. But we need to suffer to fix it. Let me go Pete. Im begging you."

Pete stares at her for long time. Then he nod.

"Okay. Your the one who ask it. Your free."

"Thank you." She hugs him. "I wont forget you."

"Stay beautiful."

"I will."

When she goes home she lay at her couch. Slowly her tears fell from her eyes. "Im gonna miss you. Pete."

"Wait ma'am but you cant meet mister De Vera if you dont have an appointment."

Ryan look at his secretary who is chasing the girl who enter her office without any permission.

"Im sorry sir but I try to-"

"-it's okay. You can leave us."

"Yes sir."

The secretary return to her table.

"Ryan! I miss you."

She hug him and sit on his lap.

"Excuse me miss. But who are you?"

"You dont know me?" she took her hat and shades off. "Your brother recognized me the moment he saw me. But you?"

"Ashley?"

"Who else? Dont you miss me?"

"My brother saw you already?"

"Ofcoarse. He's not going to be the last in my list."

"What?"

She rose. "Relax. Everything is fine. Even if you ask Lucy. Anyway come on." she said pulling his hand.

"Where? Im working."

"Your the boss here. Cancel it. Your fianceé needs you. Come on."

Ryan dont do anything but to follow her. They went to the amusement park. Rides all the extreme rides. Eat ice cream and cotton candy.

"This is life! This is my dream! I can do anything without paparatzi chasing me! I love Philippines!"

Ashley said spreading her arms wide and shouting in the middle of the amusement park. Ryan laugh at her. Her dream is too simple but a big thing for a celebrity like her.

Ashley is now blond so she stand out ofcoarse even she's tan now. Some recognized him.

"Isnt that Ryan De Vera?"

"Yeah its him."

"So that blond girl must be Ashley Cabrera."

"It's her! It's Ashley Cabrera!"

"They recognized me!"

Ashley run holding Ryan's hand. The people chase them.

"Oh my God my shoes! My feet are hurting now!"

"Take it off."

"I cant. Im a model!"

They keep running until they reach the security office. They stare at each other after closing the door. Panting. When Ashley laugh Ryan smiles. She never saw Ashley this happy.

After controling the crowd and taking their car, they manage to go home. The next morning Ashley's feet are sore. Ofcoarse Miley is there to the rescue. That afternoon, she go at Ryan's office.

"Hi miss Alcala. Is Ryan here?"

"Ma'am Ashley. Sorry but he's on lunch break. He'll be back at 1 p.m."

"Oh 30 minutes more. I'll just wait in his office."

Slowly she walks at his office. She sit on his swivel chair. She smiles as she saw the newspaper's headline. It's her photo. With Ryan when theyre leaving the security house. She is waving her fans while he is holding her waist. Smiling.

"Ryan is a real deal. He looks handsome when he smiles. Everyone knows now that Im here. And blond."

She throw the newspaper somewhere. She tries to look at his drawer but its lock.

"Oh. A picture frame. Whose photo is here. What? A calendar? Whats with this guy."

She look at her cellphone and look at her photoes.

"Oh perfect." She dial the intercom. "Miss Alcala. Can you please print me something?"

The secretary enter the office. She show her photo the she already save on the flash drive that attach on Ryan's lap top. She instruct her and give the frame.

"Why are you here?"

Ryan ask as he enter his office.

"Im bored. My feet are sore. Look."

She said showing her feet. He smiles.

"Aw.... your so guapo when you smile."

"Whats with that. Anyway Im working."

"I'll wait you here."

"No. Thats my chair."

"Theres no name here. But the table has."

Ryan shook his head. Then he carry her to the office sofa.

"Excuse me ma'am Ashley heres your photo."

"Kindly put on his table. Thanks."

"Whats this?" Ryan ask when his secretary go out.

"Your fianceé's photo. So you'll be inspired."

After the office hour Ryan carry her to her unit. And they eat together.

The next day she feels much better. Her feet are not sore anymore. She go to Ryan's office again.

"You again."

"Im fine now. Lets go somewhere."

"Ashley look. Im busy."

"Do it tonight. Lets go."

"No. Im busy. Were done. Our contract now is void. Lucy confirm me. You and my brother is over. So if you dont mind, my time is precious. Get out."

Ashley stares at him. Then nod. "Fine. Im going somewhere far and dont look for me forever!"

She goes out. Drive her car and go straight to a resto bar.

Eleven o'clock p.m. Ryan knock on Ashley's unit but nobody answer the door so he used his key. But she's not there. He waits. One hour later, she's still not there.

"Where is she?" he calls her cellphone. "Whose this??.......Yeah she's my..fianceé....... where is she??..... Alright Im coming."

He rush at the resto bar where Ashley is. He saw her on the cocktail bar. Sleeping. He runs toward her.

"Ashley? Ashley wake up."

"Are you her fiance sir? She's been drinking  since she arrived."

Ryan pay her bill and carry her and her bag.

Ryan get an ice and a face towel.

"It's cold."

"This is for you. Why are you drinking like theres no tomorrow and throw up afterward."

She opens her eyes. "Pete?"

She burst into tears. "I miss you so much. But I cant continue this. Alice need to grow that while her Dad is there for her. She needs to have a normal and happy life. I'll sacrifies my happiness for her. I'll give you your freedom."

Ryan was so shock to her revelation. So he finally made it. She gives him up. Pete's condition to leave her.

It is his Victory. But why is he feel this way? As if he wants to cry with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 69 32
" Hey Sammy can you help me with something" I ask " Yes, what is it" Sammy said " Can get Samuel to go get a pregnancy test for me, and not tell Drew...
225K 13.7K 54
"How dare you? Ariana, how dare you?" I could feel the anger from his heart radiate through his ears. the tears that kept rolling down my cheeks wer...
2.6K 42 12
They were childhood friends, met in 1st grade and soon developed feelings. They start dating freshman year, it was perfect, they were absolutely perf...
821 3 60
Its obvious that she is nervous. I smile because for someone who exudes confidence, she sure looks kinda scared. "Is there anything you would love...