Starting New

By maxine247

After WW2 Germany is seen as a monster. Because of him, Prussia was dissolved and is forced to live with Russ... More

Monster
After the War
Time
Blood
Across the Altantic
Welcome to North America
Maybe
Issues
Another one Gone
Goodbye
The Meeting
A Talk
Getting Through It
Starting Over
Family of the West
Idea
Debut
Belgium
Malta
The Rio Pact
NATO
Incident
A/N
Whatever It Takes
Who Is He?
Reunion
England
Joining
Cinderella
Are You Sure?
How Do You Know?
Catching Up
Making Up
No Tears Left To Cry
Reaching Out
Birthday
Another One
The Curse
Claimed
Help
Home
Back and Around the World (Edit)
Breaking Bonds
Truth
Explanation
Back (For Sure)
Proof
Guest
My Story
Two Sides
Starting New

Mother

882 40 4
By maxine247

What was she doing here?

Liechtenstein once again put on a fake smile and acted like she was interested as Belgium went on talking.

Why couldn't she just leave?

It wasn't like the other nation cared about her, this was the first time she had actually spoke to Belgium since the war.

There was a reason it had been awhile. She knew the other nation had been vary of her brothers and Hungary.

Hungary..... the woman who was  basically a mother to her.... her mother.... her heart ached...

So why the Hell did Belgium finally feel like it was time to come and talk? It's been years and she was fine with the distance.....

When Austria answered the door, the  older female nation and Netherlands were there. Netherlands and Austria had a meeting together, but Belgium had been unexpected.

So of course, she was expected to entertain her. The first thing the woman had said to her was 'Hi Liechtenstein' and she couldn't help but just want to frown.

The girl stirred her tea faster. Could she leave?

She had been close to Belgium in the past but the wars soon changed that.

She held nothing against the other but the moment she saw her, She felt a certain way.

Did one of her brothers write or call her so try and get her to talk to someone else or make more friends? She had Maria.

Did Belgium just feel like she could just come and talk all of a sudden.

She could have done that years ago.

No..... no.... She knew why..... She may have been young but she understood why this woman was here.

She wanted to take over..... Take the place of Hungary.... her mother figure.... her mother.

"I was thinking for your birthday," Belgium smiled, "We could go out, maybe get our nails done. But I'm not sure how your brothers will feel about that."

Liechtenstein was still look on down at her tea. Her spoon suddenly scraped the bottom of the cup and it let out a screech.

Belgium cringed at it and gave the girl a worried glance. "Lily are you oka-"

Stay calm.... relax...

Be the polite little girl Austria would want her to be.

Belgium frowned, "Lily-"

Or be the badass girl who stood up for what she thought was right, the one Prussia would cheer for.

"Don't call me that," She said in a cold tone.

Belgium gave a questioning look, "What? Lily?"

She clenched her fists, "Don't call me that name... My mother gave me that."

Belgium was looking at her with concern, "Are you okay?"

"Why are you trying to replace her?" She was dead serious.

"What? Who?"

"My mother?"

"And who would that be?"

Liechtenstein gave her a glare, that kinda shook her. Why was she playing dumb, "Hungary!!"

Belgium stood there shocked, this was Liechtenstein yelling at her.... "I'm not trying to replace her," She put her hands up.

"Yes you are!!" Liechtenstein stood up and slammed her hands on the tall. "You show up here after years of clearly trying to avoid my family. And suddenly want to go out for my birthday, your trying to become my friend and replace Hungray!!! You're trying to replace my mother!!"

Austria, Switzerland, and Netherlands ran into the room to see Liechtenstein pointing accusing fingers and glares at Belgium.

Everyone was stunned.

Belgium looked at the girl, "Lil- Liechtenstein, I'm sorry. I will admit, I was trying to avoid you and your family for awhile, I guess that could be seen as my fault, that was the reason I didn't come even after my country healed a bit. But I'm not trying to replace Hungary-"

" Lügner!!!" (Liar!!") She spat.

"Liechtenstein!!!/Lily!!!" Austria and Switzerland both yelled out, still shocked.

"You suddenly want to act like your my friend!!"

"I am your friend!!" This was starting to hurt.

"Was my friend!!" She corrected, "But then you left me!!! You left me when my family was facing prejudice and were separated. You and barely anyone else cared or visited." Tears started to fall, "I lost my friends,  Brüder und Mutter " She whimpered.

Austria and Switzerland both stepped forward to comfort their sister.

They knew she had been bottling everything up. There was more to her then she let on.

Belgium reached out to hug her but the girl took a step back and smacked the cup down on the floor. "Liechtenstein......."

She knew Hungary held a place in her heart for this girl and Liechtenstein did the same.

But she didn't know it was as a mother and daughter relationship.

"I-I..." She cleared her throat, "I thought she was like your sister."

The girl sent her a pained look, "That was your spot.... I have no sisters, you were like one."

Belgium swallowed, she hadn't even realized what she had been doing. She was so busy keeping away from the Germanics that she completely ignored Liechtenstein.

Her little sister.

"I have another now." She stated, still making eye contact with Belgium.

She had Maria. And she was actually trying to persuade Germany to talk to them.

"You said Hungary gave you the name Lily, what did you mean by that?" She quietly asked.

Liechtenstein had turned to walk away but then stopped at the question. "My name.... my real... my full name is Liliane. Hungary... my Mutti started calling me Lily and it just stuck."

Liechtenstein finally turned to Belgium, "Stop trying to replace her."

She walked past her brothers and Netherlands and went upstairs.

Belgium looked deep it thought.

"I'm sorry," Austria apologized, "Everything's been so hard for her-"

"You've had to adjust to so much." She said.

Austria stopped before nodding.. "Yes.. well, that do-"

"I'm so sorry," Belgium said, she looked at Switzerland, "To all of you. Us, as nations are influenced by our people and have no choice but to follow our bosses. We have no choice, so we should know better. But we all still gave you and your family such a hard time. When Prussia and Hungary and even Germany had to go, none of us checked in on you. I'm so sorry."

Even Netherlands was nodding.

Austria sighed, "We're getting through it day by day. I'm still very sorry about Liechtenstein. She and Hungary were very close."

"I know," She nodded.

"Besides Italy," Switzerland said, "You can basically say Liechtenstein is Hungary's baby."

"She stays strong for us even with all the changes. Ludwig and Gilbert are gone and I use to have to report to England or France so I would have to leave so often. Hungary was mainly the only other female around her and the two exchanged secrets and Liechtenstein told her things she could never tell us. So now that she's gone..."

Belgium could only nod.

"She has Maria now," Switzerland said. "But she still doesn't replace Hungary."

"Me suddenly coming forced her to think I was trying to replace Hung- her mother." She sighed. "I'm so sorry."

"I'll go check on her," Switzerland left the room.

Austria sighed. "Don't worry Belgium." He started to walk to his  piano, "In the end, we're very much use to-" He stopped and suddenly started to rush upstairs. "Please excuse me," He said to his guests.

And that's when Netherlands and Belgium heard it.

Liechtenstein was sobbing.

And she put her head in ears to block it out. But couldn't.

This was so sad.

A child was crying for two different reasons.

Her sister had pulled away and her mother had been forcibly taken away.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Two updates in one day!!

For those who didn't get it, Liechtenstein has had a lack of interaction with other nations since the war. And she's very close with her female friends so after the war, Belgium kinda pulled away and Hungary was taken away. So now that Belgium's suddenly back,  Lily's mindset is she's trying to replace Hungary.

Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

972 28 30
Not everything is about happiness within the real world. In today's time, most countries are suffering in one way or another. For Maria, it's getting...
2.1K 57 10
America's changing. England's worried. France is in pain. Denmark's angry. Finland is conflicted. Sweden is disappointed. Iceland is in a living hell...
2K 231 20
The nations are sick of it, they're sick and tired of watching humans rule over them, use them as pets to destroy the world. Everyone has a breaking...
5.3K 178 3
Gilbert has always been able to see the blond. He's always realized that no one else can. And he knows it's because he's fading, too. Matthew tries...