I Didn't Know I Loved Him

By moyennegirl

[Previously 'I Didn't Know I Loved Him Until He Showed Me'] Hayley Moore is a not-so-normal teenage girl. Sh... More

Prologue
CHAPTER 1 : Beer and Glow-in-the-Dark Stars
CHAPTER 2 : Blue-eyed Man
CHAPTER 3 : Dull Walls and Baggy Shirts
CHAPTER 4 : Bottled Water and Nurses
CHAPTER 5 : Breakfast and Games
CHAPTER 6 : Shocking, Isn't It?
CHAPTER 7 : Alone, With Him
CHAPTER 8 : Hot Chocolate
CHAPTER 9 : Pop Tarts and Awkward Situations
CHAPTER 10 : You Give Me Hope
CHAPTER 11: Problem After Problem
CHAPTER 12: Truth's Out
CHAPTER 13: Big Girls Don't Cry
CHAPTER 14: Nightmare
CHAPTER 15: Just Right
CHAPTER 16: You Are So Beautiful
CHAPTER 17: I'm Going Crazy
CHAPTER 18: It's Getting Hot In Here
CHAPTER 19: Caught in a Bad Romance
CHAPTER 20: Last Night
CHAPTER 21: I Woud Die For You But You Won't Do The Same
CHAPTER 22: Hurt More Than Words Could Say
CHAPTER 23: No Love
CHAPTER 24: Unreturned Love
CHAPTER 26: Cute Moments
CHAPTER 27: Almost
CHAPTER 28: Only Girl? Maybe Not
CHAPTER 29: Wrong Choices
CHAPTER 30: Awake and Alive
CHAPTER 31: Blast From the Past
CHAPTER 32: Finally
CHAPTER 33: Sleeping Beauty and Her Prince
CHAPTER 34: Past and Future
CHAPTER 35: At Last
CHAPTER 36: Peace Of Mind (Part 1)
CHAPTER 36: Peace Of Mind (Part 2)
CHAPTER 37: Coming Back
CHAPTER 38: Devastated
CHAPTER 39: Step Forward?
CHAPTER 40: Wheelchairs and Scholarships
CHAPTER 41: Looking Back
CHAPTER 42 : The Start?
CHAPTER 43 : Moving In, Moving On
CHAPTER 45 : Birthdays (Part 1)
CHAPTER 46 : Birthdays (Part 2)
CHAPTER 46 : First Time For Everything
CHAPTER 47 : Babysitting
CHAPTER 48 : Toilet Paper
CHAPTER 49 : Back Again
CHAPTER 50 : Mistakes
CHAPTER 51 : Back Together
CHAPTER 52 : Begin Again
CHAPTER 53 : Sick
CHAPTER 54 : Finding Out
CHAPTER 55 : Planning Ahead
CHAPTER 56: Confessions
CHAPTER 57 : The Baby
CHAPTER 58: Greetings
CHAPTER 59: The Day
CHAPTER 60: Hospital Horror
CHAPTER 61: Finally
CHAPTER 62: Hurt
A Treat and A Note
CHAPTER 63: Yes
CHAPTER 64: Hi, Baby
Epilogue

CHAPTER 44 : Done

3.4K 20 5
By moyennegirl

I Didn't Know I Loved Him Until He Showed Me 

CHAPTER 44 : Done

Ethan and I got back to the house and we finished packing all of our stuff. Taylor came over to help out and we loaded all the things in Eth's car and some in Tay's car. Eth drove while I sat in the passengers seat. Tay drove behind us since he didn't know the way to the house yet. It was his first time seeing it. 

We got there around 30 minutes later. The house wasn't too far from Eth's house and it was also half an hour from Eth's college. It was the perfect location. And it was only a walk away from Paul's apartment. 

"Whoa, this is a great house," Tay said, getting out of his car.

Eth and Tay started taking the boxes out of their cars while I unlocked the front door. They started bringing the boxes into the house. I tried to help but Eth stopped me. 

"Hey, hey, hey, no," he said, taking the box out of my hands. 

"What?" I asked helplessly. 

"I don't want you to hurt yourself." 

"I'm not disabled, Eth, and I'm better now," I said. I took another box out of the car and this time, Tay stopped me. 

"Nope, not gonna happen," Tay said, taking the box from me. 

"Ugh!" I groaned and stormed into the house. The guys were making way too big of a deal out of my back. I started unpacking the boxes while the guys carried them in. 

"Babe, come on. You're gonna work yourself up too much. Just take a rest," Eth said, wrapping his arms around my waist. I sighed. 

"Eth, I'm fine. I can handle it," I said and looked down. He put his finger under my chin and he made me look up at him. 

"I know, babe. I'm just worried about you." I sighed and wrapped my arms around him. He did the same to me.

"Fine, I get it." 

"Just take it easy, okay? We'll go out to get furniture after we finish unloading," he said and kissed my nose. 

I nodded and he went back to help Taylor out. I went over to the couch in the corner of the living room. There was barely any furniture in the house. There was only one couch, a few kitchenware and a fridge. Everything else was either packed in the boxes or we hadn't bought them yet. 

I watched as the guys came in and out of the house, carrying boxes of different sizes. After 15 minutes of that, they finally finished and we headed out to Ikea to buy some furniture. Tay left his car at our house and we all piled into Eth's car. Tay and I fought over who was sitting in the passenger sea while Eth watched us bicker.

"E, tell her that I'm your best and closest friend!" Tay said, crossing his arms and playfully glaring at me. 

"No! Eth! Tell him that I'm your girlfriend and that I'm your most favorite person in the world!" I whine and slapped Tay's shoulder. 

"T, be a gentleman and let her sit up front," Eth sighed, getting tired of us fighting. 

"No! Hayles, be a darling and let us boys be boys," Tay begged. 

"What does that even mean?" I groaned.

"Guys, come on," Eth sighed, opening the his door. 

"Fine! I'll sit in the back!" I said and tried to push by Tay but ended up tripping over his foot. 

"Agh!" I screamed and closed my eyes but before I could hit the floor, a pair of arms caught me. 

"Shit, Hayley! Are you okay?" Eth screamed as he ran to my side. 

"Yeah, are you okay?" Tay rushed. 

"I'm fine," I replied as they both helped me up. 

"You can sit in the front," Tay said, opening the door already. 

"Okay, okay," I laughed and shook my head. I got in the front and the guys got in the car too. 

The drive to Ikea was around 20 minutes. It was quite far but it was the closest one to our house. The whole way there, Tay and I fought over the radio. Eth only laughed at us as he drove. When we got to Ikea, I was so frustrated and the guys only made fun of me. Tay had won the fight over the radio and I had grumbled about it non-stop. I ignored the guys and continued to make my way into the huge store. The guys both caught up to me. 

"Babe, I'm sorry, " Eth said, wrapping his arm around my waist. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry too, Hayles," Tay said and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. 

"I don't want to hear it," I sighed and shrugged them off of me. I tried to walk ahead of them both. 

"Come on," Eth said, grabbing my hand and pulling me back. 

"Please forgive us! We're really sorry," Tay begged. The both of them started doing puppy dog faces and I just couldn't resist it. 

"Fine," I sighed. "But that doesn't mean I'm not angry anymore."

"I can live with that," Eth said, crashing his lips to mine. I pushed him away and his lips were in an automatic pout.  

"I would say, 'get a room' but you already have a whole house so, what the hell," Tay laughed. 

"Whatever." 

We went through the whole store, getting random things from each area. Half way there, I was starting to get tired and Eth insisted that we went home but I persuaded him to stay with some help from Taylor. 

After Ikea, we went to some other furniture stores to get things we couldn't find. In over 4 hours, we were done and we had practically gotten furniture for the whole house. We took all the little stuff home in Eth's car but the rest were being delivered over a couple of days since there were so many things. By the end of the day, I was exhausted and I could barely even stand anymore. 

"Come on, baby. Let's head home," Eth said, pulling me up and practically carrying me into the car. Tay and I didn't even fight for the passenger seat anymore. He even opened the door and helped Eth get me in the backseat. Eth and Tay both got in the car and we started the drive home. I was practically half-asleep the whole drive home. 

When we got home, Tay got me out of the car while Eth unlocked the house and everything. The guys then unloaded everything out of the car.

"I'll come by tomorrow to help you guys fix everything," Tay said, taking his car keys out. 

"Okay, thanks, dude,"Eth said, doing the man-hug thing. 

"Sure thing," he replied. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Hayles," Tay said, kissing me on the cheek. 

"See you," I sighed and tried to get comfy in the small sofa. 

After Tay left, Eth started fixing everything and I offered to help him but he just kissed me and told me to stay put. While I waited for him to finish, I realized that Eth and I couldn't sleep in the house since our beds weren't in yet. 

"Eth!" I called weakly. I think he was upstairs arranging some of the boxes upstairs. 

"Yeah?" he shouted and I heard him bounding down the stairs. "What's wrong?" 

His voice held so much worry and I almost laughed. He was so cute when he was worried. 

"Nothing's wrong, Eth, but I realized that we can't sleep her tonight? We have no beds," I told him. 

He stood there just looking at me for a second before realization sunk in. 

"Shit, oh, yeah," he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I totally forgot. I'm sorry, babe." 

"It's fine," I laughed. 

"We could drive back home?" he asked but I knew he didn't want to because I was so tired already and he didn't want to work me up anymore.

"We could do that, but I could also call Paul and I could ask him if we can stay over. I know he has a spare bedroom." 

"Okay, you can do that," he said and smiled. I knew he didn't mind it since he knew that it was good for me. "Babe, I'm just gonna finish putting stuff away, okay?" 

"Mhm," I breathed as I searched my pockets for my phone. 

He gave me one more look before he finally left and started finished up. I finally found my phone and dialed Paul's number.

"Hello?" Paul's husky voice answered. 

"Hey, Paul, it's Hayley. Did I wake you? Sorry to call so late." 

"Hayley? It's fine. What's wrong? You sound so breathless." 

"Nothing's wrong, I'm fine. Just really tired." 

From the background, I heard Justin say, "Paul, who is it?" 

"Oh, did I disturb you guys or something? I'm really sorry." 

"Nope, don't worry. We were just watching a movie. So, what's up?" 

"Well, I was wondering if Eth and I could stay at your place tonight? We don't really have any furniture yet. I'm really sorry if it troubles you. We could stay somewh-" 

"Hayles, it's fine!" he laughed through the phone. "You should have called sooner. Justin and I will fix the room up for you." 

"Okay. Thank you so much, Paul! I owe you!" 

"No, you don't. See you in a bit!" 

"See you." 

I hung up the phone and waited for Ethan to finish. After waiting for a few more minutes, he finally came into the living room with a bag in his arms. It seemed like he packed clothes for the both of us. 

"Ready to go?" he asked, picking our coats off of the coat rack by the door. 

"Yeah," I said and stood up. He was by my side in a few seconds, holding me up despite his hands being full. 

"I'm fine," I told him and I leant up to kiss his cheek. He chuckled and let go of me but he still kept a light hand on my lower back. 

He put the bag in the backseat before helping me into the car. He started the car and the drive to Paul's apartment only took 2 minutes. He parked the car in the guest parking and we made our way up to Paul's apartment. 

While I leaned back on the wall, Eth knocked on the door. Justin was the one to answer and he greeted us before letting Eth in and helping me up. 

"You look like absolute hell," he told me. 

"Nice to see you too," I laughed. 

"Lay off," Eth teased as he set our bag on the floor. 

"Hey," Paul said, coming into the room. "How's my favorite girl?" 

"Exhausted," I said, plopping onto his couch. 

"Really? What did you guys do today?" 

"We went furniture shopping," Eth said, sitting next to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I leaned into him and closed my eyes. 

The guys started talking and I tried to pay attention to their conversation but I couldn't stop myself from falling asleep. 

__________

The next morning, I woke up in what I recognized to be Paul's guest bedroom. I had been there before and he showed me the whole apartment. Eth was lying beside me and his arm was splayed lightly across my stomach. I looked down and found that I was in one of Eth's shirts and a pair of my pajama pants. 

I carefully turned around and looked at Eth. He was sleeping peacefully  and he was looking as glorious as ever. His mouth was slightly open and he had the sexiest bed hair. I carefully reached my hand up and ran it through his hair. It  must have woken it up because he started smiling. 

"I could never get tired of waking up to you," he said huskily. He leaned down and pecked my lips. I laughed as he pulled me against him. 

"I love you," I said and straddled him. 

"I love you more,"  he whispered and reached up to kiss me. We started getting breathless and I had to pull away. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked as I laid my head on his chest. 

"Much better." 

"They said that they'd deliver the furniture at around 9 and right now its," Eth said, looking at the bedside clock, "a little bit past 7:30." 

"We should get ready then." I tried to get up but he pulled me back down and crashed his lips onto mine.  

"Babe, why don't you take a break today? Maybe you could stay here and hang." 

"No, it's alright." 

"It's fine, Taylor's coming over anyway." 

"Eth, I want to help out." 

"You sure?" 

"Yes, I can handle it." 

"Babe, I don't know." 

"Please?" I begged and pouted my lips. 

"Okay, okay. How about you come a little bit later? T and I can handle it."

"Fine," I sighed. 

"I'm sorry, babe. I just don't want you to work yourself up too much."

"I know, and I think it's sweet that you care for me so much but it's getting annoying." He just laughed and kissed my nose. 

"I'm sorry but I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"Thank you," I whispered and looked up to kiss his chin. He already had a light stubble and I giggled as I rubbed my hands against it. 

"You better get going," I told him and sat up. 

"Yeah." 

I got off of Eth and I crawled off the bed. I stood up and I groaned as my back ached. 

"Babe, you okay?" Eth said, coming behind me. 

"I'm fine. My back just aches." 

"Yeah?" He moved the hair from my back and started massaging it. 

"Thanks, that feels good."

He didn't say anything. He just continued to massage me. He suddenly stopped and I tried to look back at him. 

"Eth? Are you okay?" 

He started kissing a trail from my shoulder up to my neck. It made me breathless and it left my skin burning. 

"Eth, stop," I whispered but I didn't do anything to stop him. 

Instead, I turned around and pushed him down onto the bed. Our lips crashed together and his hands started trailing down my back while mine got into a tangled mess in his hair. 

"We need to stop," I said, pulling away breathlessly. Eth leaned back onto the bed and closed his eyes. 

"I want you, Hayley," he whispered. I blinked and looked at his face. He looked like he was trying to hold himself back. "It's so hard to keep my hands off of you." 

I let out a deep breath and cupped his face in my hands.

"I know, and I want you too." 

I was about to lean in for anoother kiss but there was a knock at the door.

"You guys up? There's breakfast on the table," Paul said to us. I pulled away from Eth and let out a giggle. 

"That totally killed the mood, didn't it?" Eth said, pulling both of us up. 

"Yeah, it did, but it doesn't stop my feelings for you." 

Eth and I both got up and I headed to the kitchen while Eth went to the bathroom to take a shower.

"Hey, Paul," I greeted, sitting at the table. He was at the sink washing some dishes. 

"Hey, darling, where's Ethan?" 

"Oh, I hope you don't mind. Eth's taking a shower."

"I don't mind at all! Don't hesitate to make yourself at home. You can stop by anytime." 

"Thanks, Paul. Where's Justin?" 

"He went to work." 

Justin had a job at one of the local colleges as a physics professor. Paul told me that he had gotten the job a few weeks after he got back from visiting his family.

"Oh, okay." 

I was in the middle of eating when Eth came out in a pair of jeans and a white v-neck shirt. His hair was still wet and it looked like he just ran a hand through it.

"Hey, babe, I should get going now. The delivery should be arriving soon," he said, coming to me and placing a kiss on my lips. 

"Well, you should at least eat first," I said and reached for his hand, not letting him leave. 

"Yes, you should. No point in working with an empty stomach," Paul said, setting a plate of eggs and bacon beside me. 

"Come on, Eth," I pleaded and pulled him to the seat. 

"Fine," he laughed and sat down. 

We all finished eating while making small talk. I begged Eth to let me go with him but he and Paul both didn't let me. That left me pouting by the time we finished eating. 

"I'm sorry, babe, but I told you this before and I'm gonna say it again. I don't want you to work yourself up too much," Eth said, coming behind me and wrapping his arms around me. 

"I know," I sighed and looked up at him. He kissed my forehead and gave me a little squeeze. 

"I'll see you later," he whispered in my ear and planted a kiss on my lips. 

"See you," I replied as he pulled away. 

"Bye, Paul. Thank you so much again for letting us stay here. We really appreciate it." 

"Anytime," Paul replied.

Eth left and it was just Paul and I in the house. After helping him clean up, I took a quick shower. I looked in the bag and apparently, Eth had packed enough clothes for us to last 2 days. I had to make sure to thank him later for that. I changed into a pair of denim shorts and a white button-up shirt. I went back into the living room and Paul was cleaning up. I started helping him and he tried to stop me. 

"Hayley, don't worry, I got it," he said, trying to push me onto the sofa. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him. 

"It's fine, Paul. It's the least I could do," I told him. 

We finished cleaning up the living room and we sat down to watch a movie. 

"Hey, I have a question," I said sometime in the middle of the movie. 

"Shoot," he replied, pausing the movie. 

"Does Justin live here with you?" 

"Well, technically, no. He has an apartment near the college but his contract's ending sometime the end of the month. We're planning that he moves in here then." 

"Really?" 

"Yup." 

"That's cool." 

"Well, darling, I have a question for you." 

"Yeah?" 

"Does it get awkward being around him? He told me about you guys." I sighed and paused before answering. 

"Not really actually. He was my first love and all but you don't have anything to worry about, I've lost all my feelings for him. I see him as a really good friend now. I gave him my heart and yeah, he broke it but I forgive him. I still love him but just not in the same way. I have Ethan and he has you. Besides, he plays a different team now, no offense." 

Paul just laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, giving it a little squeeze. 

We continued the movie and finished a little while later. Paul and I had a great time. Being around him was fun and it was just like hanging out with Sarah. It didn't bother me at all that he was gay. It was who he was and I wouldn't have him any other way. I knew he and I were going to be great friends. 

"I should get going now," I said, standing up. 

"Yeah, I'll walk you home." 

"No, you don't have to," I told him as I went into the guest bedroom and to take my bag. 

"I want to, darling." 

"Fine. Thank you so much for everything." 

"Don't worry about it." 

I walked out the front door with Paul right behind me. I waited for him to lock up and when he finished, he took my bag from me. I started protest but he only shook his head and grinned at me. We both left the apartment and we started walking to my new house. Saying it felt weird. I wasn't used to the idea of having my own house yet. Paul and I made small talk all the way home and it only took around 5 minutes to get there. 

"Wanna come inside?" I asked him as I unlocked the front door. 

"Sure." 

We both walked into the room and there was a bunch of boxes stacked everywhere but there was also some furniture around the house. There were already couches, a coffee table and a tv in the living room. There was also a table and a bunch of chairs in the dining room. Eth and Tay had done a lot of work while I was out. 

"Honey, I'm home!" I jokingly called. Paul laughed at that. Eth came running down the stairs with Tay right behind him. 

"Hey, babe," he said, kissing me. 

"Hi!" I hugged Tay as he said a brief 'hey'. 

"Hey, Paul," Eth then said, patting him on the shoulder. 

"Hey." 

"Tay, you remember Mr. Smith, right?" I asked him. 

"Yeah." 

"Well," I said and walked over to Paul, "this is Paul, his boyfriend." 

Tay's eyebrows squinted together and we all laughed at him. 

"Yes, you can say it," Paul laughed. 

"You and Mr. Smith…uhm…play for the other team?" 

"Yes, and you don't have to call him Mr. Smith anymore. He's not our teacher. Call him Justin." 

"Well, that sure is gonna take a while to get used to," he said, scratching his head. I laughed and shrugged. 

"Yeah, I guess." 

"But I thought you and him used to have a thing?" 

"Yeah, but you know, a lot of things can happen in a small amount of time." 

"Oh." 

"We should get back to work," Eth laughed, slapping Tay on the shoulder. 

"Yeah." 

"Can I help out?" I asked, wrapping my arms around Eth's waist and looking up at him with a puppy dog face. He looked anywhere but at me.

"Babe, you know what I'm gonna say," he chuckled. 

"Well, it was worth the try," I sighed. 

"I'm sorry," he said and pulled me to him. He hugged me and I didn't protest. 

"Hayles, why don't you go take a rest? Eth and I already fixed the bed in your room," Tay said, leaning against the door. 

"Yeah, darling, the guys and I've got it," Paul added. 

"Fine," I sighed and stood on my tiptoes to peck Eth's lips. "But if you need help, you know where to find me." 

The guys all got to work, assembling a shelf for the living room as I headed up the stairs. First, I checked our bedroom to see what Eth and Tay had already done. The bed frame was already assembled and the mattress that we ordered had already arrived. It was extremely soft and comfy. Next, there was already a dresser, a study table with a chair and a small sofa in the room. There was also still a bunch of boxes in the room of some furniture that was smaller and easier to assemble. Eth probably planned to fix them later. 

I walked into our walk-in closet and there were a bunch of boxes stacked up. It was probably all of Eth's and my clothes. I opened the first one and started putting away the clothes. I put my clothes on the left side of the closet and Eth's on the right side. After around 25 minutes, I finished unpacking all of our clothes. I flattened all the boxes and left them outside the door. 

After that, I took out some bed sheets and put it on the mattress. Then, I found some pillows and put pillow cases on them too. I also got a duvet and put it on the bed. Next, I put sheets on the small mattress and pillow in the window seat. The room had a black, red and white theme. It was already  starting to come together and look good. 

I opened some of the boxes and assembled some of the furniture. Most of them were easy to do and I did them quickly. I finished assembling things like a lamp, a chair and some other things. I also put up small decorations around the room like curtains and a few paintings. There wasn't anymore I could do in our room so I moved onto the other bedrooms. The furniture in those rooms were already assembled and all I had to do was put the sheets, pillow cases and duvets on the beds and hang up a few decorations. 

That was mostly all I could do while Eth, Tay and some of the other guys took care of the bigger and harder furniture. I worked on all of the small things, cleaning up, putting up decorations and assembling small, easy furniture. Eth didn't like it but I told him that it was the least I could do. I also cooked and made snacks for the guys.

After a week, the house was finally finished with the help of the our friends and family. It was late at night and Eth and I finally finished putting our house together. The fire was on and Eth was splayed out on the sofa. I knew he was exhausted from everything. I was cleaning the top of the fireplace with a rag and Eth just sat there, watching me. 

"Babe, come here," he said, leaning back into the sofa and getting more comfy. 

"Mhm, I'm almost done, honey," I replied. My back was to him and next thing I knew, he was right behind me and his hands were at my waist .

"Babe, come, let's just lie for a while," he whispered in my ear, pulling me back onto the sofa with him. He sat down and pulled me onto his lap. He wrapped his arm around me and nuzzled his face into my neck. 

"Our house is finally done, babe. Let's just lay here and take a breath. Look at what we have, we're gonna start a life together," he said and it made my heart squeeze. I couldn't believe that we were really living together. Everything was going great and nothing was wrong. Was it going to last? Was all the crap in my life finally over? I really hoped so. 

__________

Kind of edited :P 

Long chapter since I might not be uploading for a while. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you guys like it! :)

Please vote, comment, become a fan! 

Less than three! <3

Continue Reading