Twist Of Luck

By maganda_aishah

."I am going to say yes to his proposal" I said filling up the silence. "Are you going nuts layla? You would... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
Authors note
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two

chapter twenty-three

1.9K 149 5
By maganda_aishah

Layla's POV

"Sulayman please stop the car" I said, turning to him. His hand was hard on the steering wheel and it feels like the poor thing would break anytime.

He glanced at me with the side of his eye. He held one hand on the steering wheel and used his other hand to grab his phone on the dashboard and threw it to my laps. "Explain this"

I looked up at him before picking the phone. I clicked the screen on and a picture of myself and farouk popped up. The moment when he was dragging my hand to the parking lot, I swiped again, the moment when he drove out and the rest of the pictures was moments we had together. Me smiling, him bowing and all.

I sighed.

"This is no evidence for your actions" I said after a while.

He looked sideways and parked the car beside a bus stop. He turned off the car engine and bore his gaze on me while I looked away. "This is enough evidence that my friend is flirting with my wife and my wife enjoys it" he shouted, his eyes roaming dangerously.

I got defensive and turned my gaze swiftly towards him. "You don't......" I paused my words. If he's fire right now then I have to be water. I am really tired of us getting into arguments for a long time and just reconciling in few days then going back to heated argument. I want the love we share in the past three days to continue.

"Why aren't you talking now" he banged the steering wheel, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I am sorry for everything" I said calmly and he looked surprise as to why I didn't snap back.

I can't believe myself too!!

It was quiet for some minutes, he adjusted in his sit and put his head on the steering wheel before he spoke up. "I am sorry too" his voice was calm, it had emotions. I give a nod of understanding and he pressed his hand on my left finger almost immediately. "I am sorry if I hurt..." He stopped and started to cough. I look up at him and saw that his nose was bleeding. He coughed more while I rolled out some tissues from the tissue box on the dash board.

"Here" I said, stretching forward to wipe his nose. He collected the tissue from me and gave me a thin smile. He wiped his nose and more blood oozed out. I began to worry as I rolled out more tissue.

"You need to get to a clinic" my voice was shaky.

He pressed the tissue on his nose "Someone is worried?" He smirked.

"Of course I am" I said turning to dispose the tissues as the blood stops already. I sit up back and he held my left hand again.

"I am sorry if I hurt you layla, farouk is just..."

"It's ok" I said, cutting him. "Let's go to the clinic first" my voice trembled and he sensed it.

"Stop trembling layla" he smiled, dropping my hand gently and I looked up at him in the eyes, the eyes I cherish most. He winked at me and I looked away immediately when color rises to my cheek.

Alhamdulilah heated argument gone..gotten the key! Fire----water!

"There's no need to be shy, you can stare on and on" he teased, flagging his collar.

I say nothing, trying to suppress the color on my cheek. I look out the window, my cheeks have betrayed me.

"Common look at me wifey" he teased on and shifted slightly to tickle my cheek.

"Now you're the one flirting" I said in between laughter as I try to block his hand from every part of me.

"Ok I'm forgiven right?" He asked with a glint of hope in his blue custard eyes.

I avoided his gaze and nod my head, smiling sheepishly. He grinned and ignited the engine driving into the busy road.
***

Sulayman held my hand as we walked into the house. "I didn't attend a single lecture today" I say out loud and immediately wished I had not uttered such.

"Doesn't mean you would fail your courses, my brilliant wife" he teased.

I should not be scared to utter words around him for now since he's driven out of his anger mood. I stopped walking while we got to the stairs. I turned to him and held his second hand and now he was facing me.

"Farouk wasn't flirting with me" I said and paused trying to read his expression and gracefully it was calm. "He helped me sulayman and he saved me from your fan girls" I roll my eyes and continued. "You should be thankful to him and not fight him".

He embraced me in a hug. "I am truly sorry I did that". He broke the hug and said nothing more while we ascended the stairs.

I am taken aback by his reactions. He's not angry anymore and he has said sorry thrice today. Just then I stopped walking and turned to face him. I must make use of this opportunity well.

"Sulayman you should visit the clinic or should I call the family doctor, I am really worried about your bleeding" I pouted.

He smiles and pinched my nose. "It's just stress, I have been going through a whole lot" he wrinkles his nose roughly. "See? No more blood".

I nod my head slightly but not fully satisfied. "You should rest....... and can you lend me your phone? Mine is broken".

"Yea, why is it broken?" He said handling me the phone from his back pocket.

I started to punch aishah's number. "That's why I said you didn't hear the full story".

"Hello" I say into the phone.

"Doll?" Aishah asked.

"Yes Aishah, I am home now" I gave sulayman a quick glance and walked away into my room.

"What happened, I was deadly worried, I am on my way there now. Did that beast hurt you?"

I turned back to check if sulayman is not in yet. "Aishah, don't call him that.....and you don't have to come. I will be there this soon" I whisper shouted.

"Are you sure I don't have to come?, I had to take a bus home and I about to ride on my scooter now!".

"No no it's fine, I will be there in two hours" I smiled.

"Ok, see you soon."

"In Sha Allah" I ended and sighed. Alhamdulilah I was swift to call her, if she had gotten on her scooter, she wouldn't oblige until she gets here.

I turned to see sulayman at the door. "Are you leaving me" he said, walking up to me with his hand in his pocket.

"Of course not, just that I have to go home now. My family would be worried since I just dropped by at aishah's house in the morning".

"Ok I am coming with you" he said, holding my hand.

Why is he so affectionate today?!

I looked at him for some seconds then I nod. "Ok".
***

We ate our dinner in semi silence but not the awkward silence, it was a peaceful one and I remembered the last time sulayman was here with his family. I just wish Mr Omar was here because It's different now, he had a smile on and is chatting lowly with bhaiya. He had called bhaiya on our way that we would be coming for dinner. Aishah is sitting beside me, feasting on her chicken with bare hands.

When dinner was over. Myself and Aishah excused ourselves, while bhaiya and ridwan left to bhaiya's room. I  carried deliyah on my arms and dropped her on ummi's bed as she slept off after dinner. She had rambled not to let me go.

I opened the door to my room and it remains the same, ummi must have made efforts to clean the room in a while. I bounced on my bed and closed my eyes tight inhaling the rose fragrance. Aishah sat beside me and hit my laps.

"Ouch" I snapped out of my comfort.
"What's that for?"

"For lying to me doll!" She folded her arms.

"Aishah I didn't lie to you"

"Then why did he snatch your hand away? Why did he punch his best friend? Why did he have the beast look" she said in a rush, widening her big brown orbs to search mine for some answer.

I shook my head and lay back on the bed. "He was just angry, at least we are here together now aishah" I say nonchalantly.

"Ok, I am leaving" she stood up.

I sat up grumpily. "Aishah! Why now?"

"Because you are not being truthful, I am no longer your bff? Now you hide secrets from me and you are avoiding my gaze because you know I would read your expression when you lie" she fumed.

I stood up and walked to her. "Aishah?" I called softly but she didn't bulge. "Ok it's true I have kept a whole lot from you but you have to understand that Sulayman is trying his best not to hurt me" I touched her.

"Nice layla, how about the whole lot of things you are keeping from me" she turned to me.

"Ok I will talk" I surrendered.

"You better do" she dragged my hand to the bed to sit.

"So ermmm" I cleared my throat, she rolled her eyes. "I am scared to talk" I look down at my hand.

"Did you take an oath?" She shook me and i uff laughed. "Is it funny?" I nod my head, suppressing my laughter, I know its not funny to her. "Ok tell me when you are ready" she said finally and I pulled her for a sweet hug.

"Thank you Aishah, I will tell you everything. Just give me time" she nods her head and hug me back. "That's reminds me, I am still your bff and you are still mine". I stuck my tongue.

She pinched my waist and stood up to run. I threw a pillow at her back and she stuck out her tongue back at me in mockery as the pillow didn't get to her. I remember the last time we did a pillow fight was with zenith. We continued smashing ourselves with pillows until we heard a soft knock on my door.

Aishah hunted for her scarf while I went to answer. It was bhaiya and he informed that we had to leave as it's getting late and there's school tomorrow. I hugged my family goodbye and planted a kiss on Aishah's cheek before getting into the passenger sit.
***

"This is too much really" I said shyly to Sulayman the 100th time, I wasn't counting. Sulayman dropped by on our way at a mobile shop to get me a phone.

"Not too much for you" He winked and I sneered at him.

I stray my gaze away looking at the iPhone X. "Thank you so much, I like it" I admired the phone again the fifth time.

"It's nothing and I am sorry again for today. Am I truly forgiven?" He pouted like a baby but he looked so cute, he's foreverly cute.

I put a hand on my chin and hmmmned like in deep thoughts. "Then you have to apologize to farouk first".

His face straightened up immediately and he squeezed his hand in a fist. He distanced himself a bit from me and narrowed his dangerous blue eyes. "I would do no such thing and you know what? I will smear his face the more whenever I see him close to you" he stormed away to his room.

"Argggh" I stamped my feet and slapped myself mentally, why do I have to spoil the mood. I thought he was in a total happy mood today and I could take advantage of it all. I walk to my room afterwards checking the features of my new phone.

I woke up to the sound of the adhan I had installed on my phone. I walked lazily to brush my teeth and observed my fajr with kushoo. After my solah, I walk over to Sulayman's room and knock on the door. No response and what was I even expecting. I turned on the knob and as usual, the door wasn't locked.

"Sulayman get up" I pulled on his duvet trying not to get too close. He stirred in his sleep and rolled over to the other end just like he had done yesterday. I shook my head and climb over the bed. "You have to get up now?" I said again.

"Shhh layla, no classes for me" he coarsely replied.

I rolled my eyes like he could see me. "That's a lie". And a thought clicked in my head. "Ok fine, if you don't want to get up, I will end up stuck with farouk" I said getting off the bed.

That was the magic because he sat up grumbling and threw a pillow at me. I chuckled and ran out of his room.

Sulayman had dressed up early and we still had much time before our lectures. The maids looked at us with suprise when we got to the dining room. They perhaps, were expecting only me.

After our breakfast, sulayman got into the drivers sit of his sport car, while I sat in the passengers sit. He leaned close to me and clicked an unaware selfie as I was just buckling my seat belt.

"That's not fair" I pouted.

"Duh" he stuck out his tongue typing away on his phone.

I brought out my phone too and clicked an unaware picture. He looked up lightly when he saw the flashlight and boom the picture was blurry.

I jumped in joy. "Pay back" I stuck my tongue.

He narrowed his eyes at me and squeezed his mouth forming the dangerous look. "Let me see layla"

"Nooooooo" I tried to hide my phone away while he attacked me and I finally had to give him the phone.

I fold my arms fuming when he focused his glance at the picture. "I don't look bad at all" he flattered and raised a brow. "you can upload it"

I scoffed. "Don't flatter yourself, I am just going to delete it after all" I collected my phone and he ignited the engine.

"You know I'm cute" he brush his brown tees grinning sheepishly.

"Self praise" I roll my eyes.

I hoped out first from the car and a little fear gripped me. Aishah had called me earlier to ask if sulayman would be accompanying me because of his fan girls.

Why do I have to fear these girls!

"I will walk you to class first" sulayman said, putting the keys in his pocket. I looked at him from head to toe. He doesn't have a single bag with him talkless of a not or jotter.

"Ok bodyguard" I said dryly. "And after that?" I mock.

"Wait till you're done and make up for the failed lunch date" he said and that shut me up because i could not find any more words to utter. He has been superbly sweet over three days except the farouk scandal.

Farouk is a no-no!!!

"Hey what are you thinking?" He narrowed his eyes, resting on his car and pushed his curly blonde hair in style.

"Stop doing that" I said and started to walk away.

"Hey! Tell me it has an effect on you and I will do that all over again"

"You are silly" I muttered under my breath, smiling.

We got to my class and alot of girls squeaked raising their phones to take a picture of Sulayman. I fumed as I turned to him. "You can leave body guard" I said in a haste.

He leaned towards me and whispered in my ears. "Don't be jealous, they can only admire" he hit my shoulder lightly and walked away in grand style.

Wait! Am I jealous? No no I can't be. It's not jealousy , it's just.... Wait! It's just what...

"Arrrrrrgggh" I shun the battle my heart is giving my brain but am I really jealous if other girls admire him?.

I walked into the class and sat at my frequent spot. Not long after, tamara walked in and started to jump like a toddler that saw candies.

"Hey layla" she rushed towards me.

"Asalam alaykum to you" I try to suppress her anxiety. And it did.

"My manners, walaykum Salam. I missed you babe" she said sitting beside me. "Wow this is the most treasured ring I have ever set my eyes on" she takes my hand in her's. "How have you been? You look chubby" I just glanced on at her with a duh look and she calms a bit again. "Ok I am sorry wifey, I am just happy for you" she squeaked again.

"Jazakallahu khayran Tamara, I missed you too" I finally say.

There was a bang on the floor, tamara and myself looked up towards the direction of the sound. It was Tina, the notorious leader of the "pinky club", she had thrown some books to the floor and now she's walking towards me. Tamara stood up in defense but I pulled her hand down and stood up to her. Someone has to warn these girls and it won't be Aishah or Sulayman or farouk or anyone, it has to be me. I have to stand up to one of their leaders and this is my chance to clear them off.

Tina and I started a heated argument, asking me silly questions about black magic and me standing up with my clap back answers which lasted for minutes then boom she got furious and tried pulling on my scarf which I twisted her hand and she screamed out in pain. I pushed her back while she stood up to charge at me but I was ready for her. The class cheered and I gave tamara a last glance that she should not interfere but she ran out of the class. Tina rushed at me and I grab her in the stomach hitting her on the bare floor but she had dug her nails beside my mouth while she groan in pain again. people from other lecture rooms had filled ours and the scared look i see on those girls faces gives me the chance to hit more. Someone pulled on my stomach from the back and Tina took the chance to stand up for attack but was stopped by someone. Wait not someone but farouk. I turn to look at who grab me and it was Aishah. I regained calmness as Aishah stormed out of my class dragging my hand out.

"I can't believe you can do this layla, how can you? This is not you and I worry I have lost you" she said all at once. I suck on my lower lips as it's bleeding. "I can't believe you layla, you are keeping secrets and wait! You fought? I can't contain this" she roamed about the toilet space.

I said nothing and proceeded to remove all dust from my body. I turned the tap and gushed some water to my face as little blood sway away with the water down the sink.

"I just need someone to wake me up from this dream layla" aishah continued. "Are you possessed or something? All our parents instructions about fighting? Hold on, what about my gentle layla that can't hurt a fly" her voice is mixed with anger and a glint of pain or hurt.

I turned to her folding my arms, she walked up to me calmly. "Layla, if you've changed. I don't like this kind of changes" she spoke softly, touching my shoulder. "When I said you should be strong, this is not what I meant layla, I am scared for you" Aishah hugged me and started to sob.

Aishah hardly cries about anything, she's the strong one and the most outspoken. She's trouble amidst college girls but she has never fought. I started to regret my actions but how I am going to explain to her that I wanted all the bully to end once and this is the best way or perhaps, maybe that was not the best way. I hugged her back and sobbed gently too.

Aishah broke the hug holding my arms. "Doll, I don't think that place is good for you anymore. I regret advising you to marry him. I regret" she sniffed. I shook my head at her. "We have to tell abbi or bhaiya or something, we just have to do something" she said worriedly and I shook my head.

"We have to get you out of that place, it's not safe, fighting is the last thing that I can do but you? I wouldn't imagine it at all" she fidgetted. "Let's talk to your bhaiya first, he would understand and end everything" she continued swinging her head for more ideas.

I shook my head, releasing her hand from my arms. I shifted back a bit and bent down to the floor "Aishah, you can't..... Sulayman and I love each other now and we've gone intimate" I said lowly under my breath but she caught all my words when she shouted.

"What?"

Hey lovelies, I am soooooo sorry it took a whole lot of time to write this chapter. No excuses, just forgiveness from you all..

I am trying to wrap up my story so i am also trying not to make it boring and less interesting.

Read vote and comment

Love you all

#purple freak💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 18.7K 31
[All Rights Reserved] "Sometimes shutting off the world is the best option" -Amara Lost, that's the perfect word to describe Amara. She felt like she...
299K 11.9K 41
Alishba, a normal girl, as far as she thinks. A perfect dad, a protective brother and a fiance that adores her. But everything changes when her child...
2K 59 33
Layla's always had a fiery attitude, so what happens when something new begins to happen inside her that physically matches it? Desperate to keep her...
43.1K 4.3K 22
Layla just finished her skills acquisition training when she was summoned home by her father. On getting home, She's been married off to a total str...