Ace For Hire // BTS Reader In...

By tokki-maknae

Who is Ace? Besides being the deadliest hitman on the market in the underground, whose really under the hood... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
Queen for Capture Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19

33

8.9K 483 140
By tokki-maknae

"S-Stay away." A clearly shaken voice yelled at you.

You saw the same petite figure try to go in for another shove, but smoothly used the back of your hand to direct the push else where.

The only reason you could think why you weren't ripping their arm off instead of easily deflecting their small assaults was the person wasn't a threat to you. You didn't feel like you were being put into a life or death moment, so your killer instincts didn't kick in. Like when you ran into the alleyway to save Jimin and Jungkook.

As of recently you were improving extremely on restraining Ace and your killer instincts. If someone childishly shoved you like this a month ago, they would've regret even thinking about putting a hand on you.

You watched in blank confusion as the "attacker" was a feeble grown woman. Although she looked considerably aged by the wrinkles pressed into her face and the streaks of gray highlighting her short lengthen hair, she couldn't have been a day over 40. Yet her aging was barely hindering her natural beauty. She reminded you of your dad, someone who wasn't being age by time, but by stress.

"H-He sent you didn't he?" The woman asked her choppily panicked question, as her voice quivered in clueless fear. She stood defensibly in front of the hospital door. "He already took one child from me- but he's- you're not taking her either." She told you with a clear shake of distress in her tone. Yet regardless, she was willing to fight you with the bouquet of flowers in her other hand to keep you away.

"I'm not particularly fond of killing defenseless hospitalize girls Ms. Jung. Especially those related to my group member." You told her honestly, causing her to drop her defensive position, and turning her expression into blank confusion written across her face.

"I didn't bring any flowers with me, but I believe you'll like the other gift I left inside a lot more." You took a couple of steps back from her to show that you weren't here to hurt her. In case she thought you'd be a coward and attack her from behind while she opened the door.

Even though you stepped away, she still cautiously squinted as you as her hand struggle to find the door handle without looking. Her trembling hand missed the handle a few times before her knuckles hit against it. Once she found it she opened the door while stepping back with it. But as soon as she turned her head around, her arms dropped to her side in shock.

Hearing the soft thud of the bouquet landing roughly against the plastic tiled floors. You watched as she covered her mouth with both hands before running deeper into the room. Walking up to the door you picked the flowers up gingerly. Brushing off the side of the pastel blue and purple flowers carefully to avoid anymore petals to loosen and fall out. You did so before stepping inside as you closed the door behind you.

The aggressively protective mother you saw a minute ago was now on the floor with Hobi, he was hugging her as she wailed loudly into his chest while hugging him tightly. Without a sound, you walked around the other side of his sister's bed to set the flowers next to her on the night stand.

Catching a small glance at his sister, your breath halted suddenly as you saw how beautiful she was. You couldn't help but think it ran in Hobi's family to just be effortlessly good looking without trying. You mentally caught yourself in mid thought, asking yourself if you just thought Hobi was handsome.

You had mini flashbacks and snippets of your memories from earlier, when Hobi got his confidence and fire back. Halfheartedly you admitted reluctantly to yourself that he was kind of hot when he was all 'hell have no fury like a ray of sunshine turning all dom'.

Instantly scrubbing that thought away, you turned your attention back to the two emotional Jungs as Hobi slowly helped his mother stand back up. As you did, you met Hobi's brightly lit eyes that overflowed with gratefulness directed to you. Not used to that particular look, you hesitantly averted your eyes while a light flush dusted your cheeks, causing Hobi to laugh innocently at your reaction.

You listened as Hobi happily explained to his mother what was happening. Noticing she was still reluctant that you really weren't here to harm anyone, as if she's been given crushed hopes like this before. An uneasiness found it's way, prickling against the back of your neck. Pretending to be perfectly calm and collected as Hobi's mom made her way closer to you.

A part of you anticipated she would start pushing again based on the way her face was twisted in conflicting emotions. In an instant, to your surprise, she began to drop onto her hands and knees doing a full bow to you. You followed her in an instant as well, quickly stopping her mid bow, feeling as you've down nothing of significances for her to bow to you. "I'm so sorry for my actions earlier, it was shameful for me to react like that to one of Hoseok's friends."

"No please, stand up. You had every right to act that way." You tried to coax her out of the bow gently by sitting her straight up as you were down on one knee in front of her. "I'm sorry for everything you've had to endure these past years." You told her sincerely, which led to you having an internal panic as she cried even harder. You looked over at Hobi for help, in return he smiled at how discombobulated you looked in your current situation. Hobi made small hugging gestures to you as if to show you how to be sympathetic for someone.

Still unsure of what to do, you hesitantly put a hand on her shoulder reassuringly. Which resulted in her giving you a bone crushing hug. You've never had anyone react to you in this manner, it was always the opposite you were used too. She was stronger hugging you than she was pushing you, squeezing you hard enough for a small 'oof' to escaped your lungs.

You kept hearing her whisper repeatedly to you, "thank you". Feeling yourself find a grip on your composure, you held your hand out to motion her to stop. You stood up while pulling her up along with you carefully, "you can thank me when we save you both."

Her eyes erupt into more tears at your proposal, nearly sending you off your composure again. You weren't used to emotional interactions since you've avoided encounters like this for years. As Ace because you knew socially you'd wouldn't know how to handle these situations.

"You two need to leave," Hobi's mom told you at the sudden horror crossed over her face as she wiped her eyes and took deep breaths, "My husband's coming soon to visit- if he knew Hoseok was here and alive." She trailed off at the end, leaving the rest of the sentence to each other's imagination. She did so as she looked over the bed at Hobi, whose face was already darken grimly like his mother's.

"Does he come through the front or back entrance." You asked her, your mind set switching over to Ace mode as you walk over to the door to watch the hall.

"Back entrance, he doesn't like the attention his body guards get." She told you as she went back over to Hobi, expressing her concern for him.

"We'll take the stairway to the first floor then leave through the front. I'm sure we'll meet again Ms. Jung, but until next time." You bowed your head towards her respectively as she returns the gesture. Looking at Hobi you softly tell him, "I'll give you a minute alone." Before leaving the hospital room.

Stepping out into the middle of the hall, you stood around setting your ears on alert for any sounds. After a while you hear the hospital door room open and close softly behind you, turning around you noticed Hobi's eyes are still tearing up as he forces a smile at you. Taking his hand into yours, you kept quiet as you both made your way into the stairwell. Occasionally, a sniffle or two came from him as you both quickly descended the stairs.

Hobi halted mid step suddenly, causing you to bump back into his chest as you still held his hand. "What's wrong?" You climbed back up the two measly stairs behind you to be right in front of him. His emotionally exhausted eyes met yours with a glow of hope in them. You knew what you asked had a stupidly obvious answer. But if Hobi wanted to go back and face his dad, then he wouldn't have followed you this far into exiting.

".. Hobi say the word and we'll go back." You told him as you gripped his hand tightly. Hobi shook his head after contemplating your offer.

"Can you really save them?" He asked you as if he never heard you spoke first . The question suddenly made sense of his current attitude. If it was you, you'd have a painful time separating from your reunited family. Leaving them alone with the same monster that constantly dangles their lives in danger.

"No, I can't." You tighten your hand around his protectively, "But we can. When we get the opportunity, we'll save them together. If we rush back in now half-cocked, it's not going to end well for any of us. Right now," You took a pause as you inhaled slowly, knowing the best option made you feel the worst to say, "The best we can do is wait for an opening."

You watched as your chest ached in pain as he slowly nodded in agreement with you. He flashed a weak smile to you, to let you know he's on the same page with you. But his smile quickly broke down into an uncontrollable sob he was holding back the entire time. Like mother like son, he turned his hand around in yours and pulled you forward. Putting you into another bone crushing hug, thankfully your shoulder was fully healed by now, granting you movement to hug him back.

"I trust you [Y/n]." He smiled into your shoulder as he came down from his emotional high. Taking the lead again like he did when entering the hospital, he held your hand as he moved forward with confidence and strength in each step.

Carefully leaving the hospital, you went out first to make sure both of you were in the clear. Making your way past the neatly trimmed hedges, you noticed that Hobi held onto your hand tightly. You were going to make a comment about it, but his phone went off. You noticed he sniffled loudly before clearing his throat, probably so whoever called him wouldn't hear that he's been crying.

Letting go of your hand he picked up his phone, "Hey Hyung- No I'm in the area why?"

You walked next to him and looked at him as you heard muffled speaking from the phone. After a few hums and yeses from Hobi. He put the phone into his back pocket and looked over at you. "Yoongi says Namjoon called an emergency meeting."

Checking your lonesome phone, you shrugged as you turned your head up to him. "I think it's an official members only kind of emergency meeting-" You were cut off by your phone going off in your hand. Hobi looked over your screen before you picked up the call.

"What's up Jungkook." You stared back at Hobi as you spoke, like how you did when he was on the phone.

"Hyungs are calling an emergency meeting and told me to call you for it too." Jungkook's voice told you, he spoke in a way that made you think they argued over who should call you. Which you didn't know if that was a good or bad thing to argue over.

You knitted your eyebrows in confusion, looking at Hobi while saying, "Sure thing, text me the address I'll be there."

Hanging up, you put your phone away. Hobi spoke up quickly saying, "Shall we get going, fellow official member?" He said jokingly, easing back into his sunshine persona as you walked next to him.

"If I'm being honest, I think someone just lost the TV remote." You told him teasingly as you walked side by side, wrapped in the sunset's warmth as the cool night started to take over. "But Hobi, in all seriousness, are you going to be okay?" You asked stopping in front of him, concerned for his mental and emotional state as he slipped back into his happy go lucky nature way too easily.

"No, I'm not." His smile didn't falter rather transformed into a pitiful reluctant smile, "Not really at least, not until I know they're safe. But you're right, we can't do anything right now without it ending horribly." Hobi confessed in a frustrated sigh, looking back over at the hospital, staring at a window as the curtains were pulled shut on them.

"Just for now, waiting's all I can do." He finished on a defeated note.

"You're not just waiting, you're preparing for an opening. When we do get the chance, it's checkmate." Pulling the picture and the ace card out of your tights, you handed it over to him. Hobi reached out to grab it but hesitated and started to pull his hand away. Grabbing his hand with your free one, you pressed the items into his hand, "For safe keeping. This also gives me piece of mind that when the time comes, you won't run away."

Confidently tightening his grip around the objects, he told you in a sense of self confidence, "I'm not going to run this time, I'm not that kid anymore."

"I know, but you still shouldn't forget who you were. You'll end up forgetting yourself that way." Hobi raised a questioning eyebrow at your sudden advice. Maybe because the tone you said it in contradicted the way you carried yourself.

"We should get going [Y/n]," Hobi ruffled the top of your head, leaving what happened today between the two of you, stay between only each other. He started walking again with you following in pursuit. "Jungkook probably lost the remote again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 1.4K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
1.3M 59.1K 106
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
248K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...