impossibility | discontinued

By __arkihoe--

Mei Lee was just an ordinary student. She didn't think she was special. ° honestly, she didn't think she'll... More

[1.0]
[1.1]
[2.0]
[2.1]
[2.2]
[3.0]
[3.1]
[3.2]
[3.3]
[4.0]
[4.1]
[4.2]
[4.3]
[4.4]
[5.0]
[5.1]
[5.2]
[5.3]
[5.4]
[5.5]
CHRISTMAS
[6.1]
[6.2]
[6.3]

[6.0]

2.4K 89 38
By __arkihoe--

"... he's late."

One of my classmates walked me here (my so-called chaperone that Ouji-kun probably threatened) where Kaitou Kid told me to meet up with him. It was already five and classes ended about two hours ago. I know for a fact that he doesn't have any extracurricular activities after school.

So... where could Kaito-chan be?

I was on one side of Teimuzu River, the so-called ribbon that separated B(eika)eautiful and E(koda)nchanting. He could have come up with a better riddle but I suppose he must have been in a hurry when he wrote that letter.

A flurry of smoke on the other side snapped me out of my thoughts. I felt myself smirk in amusement as a figure clad in white appeared in disappearance of the pink smoke. Always the flashy entrance, I see.

"I apologize if I made you wait, my meitantei-san." He winked at me, a dove coming from his sleeve and flying towards where I was. The bird handed me a white rose and proceeded to nestle on top of my head. It cooed several times before quieting.

...

"When did you become such a flirt, Kaitou Kid?" I quirked an amused eyebrow. For the few years I haven't visited him, Kaito-chan seemed to have gotten worse. First, a pervert. Then, a flirt. Where does he keep getting those traits?

The Phantom Thief chuckled at my question, sheepishly scratching his cheek. "C'mon, Shinobu-neechan, I'm trying to act cool here but you're ignoring my coolness!" I rolled my eyes, unamused at his antics. He pouted at my reaction. He probably wasn't expecting it.

"Eh? Didn't I say that Kaitou Kid was way more cooler than you will ever be, Kaito-chan?"

His face erupted into varying shades of red that made me chuckle. "You were playing with me! You knew who the previous Kaitou Kid was!" Kaito-chan childishly pouted and crossed his arms across his chest. Seriously, he's still a kid deep inside even though he's already a teen.

"To be fair, I wasn't playing with you. I was kind of teasing Ojii-san back then." I blinked when he turned to the side and ignored me. Did he... Did he just... Did he just really do that to me? "Aw, c'mon, Kaito-chan, that was years ago."

But he still ignored me.

Two can play this game.

I faked a sigh of defeat, my shoulders sagging in dismay and I turned around as if to leave. "Fine. Kaito-chan doesn't like me anymore, is that it? I'm leaving now, th—" I was caught off guard when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, the little dove on my head flying away.

Hot breath tickled my nape and I had to suppress a shiver from crawling all over my body. Cheesecakes, I'm ticklish there, Kaito! "Don't~ Stay with me for a little while~ I missed Shinobu-neechan~" I resisted laughing as he kept burying his face on my neck.

"I still like Shinobu-neechan!"

For some reason, I blushed at those words. "H-Hey, Kaito-chan, let go." I vaguely noticed a few people walking towards us, probably to see what was going on. "No~ you'll just leave~"

"Kaito-chan! I'm serious!"

...

"IS THAT KAITOU KID?!"

"AND KUDO SHINOBU?!"

"KYAAAAAH!"

"GET A PICTURE! QUICK! QUICK!"

"MY SHIP IS SAILING!!"

"KAISHIN FOREVER!"

Whaaaaaaa—?

...

... I'm going to die when I get home.

oooOooo

"Care to explain?"

Now blond-haired Ouji-kun impatiently tapped his foot while his arms were crossed. Yūjin was fast asleep on the couch so I'm facing my best friend's wrath all alone. It would have been better if I had someone with me to face Ouji-kun's anger.

The picture that someone took was the talk of the city. I had to run home (and get lost several times on the way) to get away from the fans chasing after me to get an interview. I almost collapsed as soon as I entered through the front door but Ouji-kun was relentless.

He didn't even let me catch my breath as he interrogated me. I was still a little out of it but I could probably form a few sentences out without stuttering. "I-It was n-nothing." I stand corrected. I fudging stuttered. Will this be a daily routine every time something happens?

That photo was probably being broadcasted in the news right now.

"Is there something going on between the two of you?" I flushed red in embarrassment. "O-Of course not!" He quirked an eyebrows at my answer. My flustered expression wasn't helping, dammit! "Oh, really?"

Before he could inquire any further (I was saved... for now, at least), there were a few frantic knocks on the door. I got up from my kneeling down position, ignored Ouji-kun's laser stare, and opened the door. "Shinobu-neechan!" I almost jumped back in surprise when Ran screamed at my face.

"Shinichi didn't come to school today! I'm worried that something might have happened!" Ran kept getting nearer and nearer to my face, her brows furrowed in worry. "Shinichi was interested in those men in black back at the amusement park... maybe he followed after them... Nee-chan! We have to tell the police!"

I quickly clamped my hands on her shoulder, snapping her out of her worried trance. On the inside, my lips curved downwards in worry. A worried expression doesn't suit Ran, at all. I prefer a smile painting her face. However, Shin already said it, he didn't want her to get dragged into this.

It seems like I'll be responsible for making up excuses for my brother. I felt a sweat drip down my forehead. It was easy for Ouji-kun since he remains a mystery to everyone. All I had to say was he went back home due to family emergencies.

"Hey, hey, Ran." She sniffled, her eyes trailed downwards. I touched her chin and made her look at me. "Ran, Shin is fine, okay? I received a call from him this morning that he would be away for a while. That he wouldn't be able to call. Someone requested for him to take on a case and the client wants it to be confidential, okay?"

I wiped away her tears. Ran didn't deserve any of these. Neither did my brother or Ouji-kun. "I'll call you when he finishes, okay?"

"... okay."

I watched her walk back home with her eyes sore and nose red, my shoulders sagging in sadness. I should have remembered. Why did I even forget the day my brother would get himself in trouble? The day he would encounter Gin?!

"... Shinobu!"

Ouji-kun's voice startled me back to reality. "Your hands." My eyes momentarily stayed on him before my gaze trailed down. My nails had dig into my palms and drawn out blood. "Oh..."

He approached me carefully, gently grabbing my hands and leading me to the nearest bathroom.

I was so stupid...

oooOooo

"... why am I going back to elementary school again?"

My smile probably didn't reach my eyes because before I knew it, Ouji-kun stopped complaining as we approached the Mouri's. "Shinobu-neechan!" This time, I genuinely smiled at Ran's beaming expression. "Is Conan ready?"

"Yeah, but he's been in a bad mood since this morning." I simply chuckled at that. Ran kept talking before she finally noticed Ouji-kun, who had hidden himself behind me. Her eyes sparkled and she crouched down. "And who's this guy?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes when Ouji-kun acted out a shy little boy. "Ch-Chi's E-Edogawa A-Akechi... n-nice to meet you, onee-san."

Ran blinked. "Edogawa?"

"He's Conan's elder cousin."

"Akechi-kun was it? I'm Mouri Ran; it's nice to meet you."

"Onee-san, p-please call C-Chi a-as Chi."

... where's the fudging tissue? I'm losing too much blood.

Even Ran couldn't gelp it anymore and began squealing at Ou— I mean, Chi-chan's cuteness. "I'm here." Someone grumbled under their breath and I wondered what was up that made my brother be so grumpy early in the morning. "Let's go, Ran-neechan, Shinobu-neechan... Chi-nii."

I sweatdropped at Conan's nickname for Chi-chan. That sounds way too close to chibi and even though Chi-chan's very tall for someone his age, his height was a sensitive topic for him. "... y-yeah, we s-should go, j-just like w-what Co-chan said."

I resisted the urge to smack their heads together.

Before concerning myself with the Black Organization, would I even survive mediating between Shin and Ouji-kun?

I dearly hope so.

I still have to visit Kaito-chan to give him a present... a scaly present, that is.

oooOooo

Author's Note

I sure hope you guys enjoyed this! If you have any questions to ask, feel free to do so!

Plus.

Thank you for reading and loving this fanfic, it means a lot to me!

\(-ㅂ-)/ ♥ ♥ ♥\(-ㅂ-)/ ♥ ♥ ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 248 11
(Y/N) finds herself as a child, in an unknown theme park, next to a young boy in the same situation as her. Oddly enough, this whole situation is com...
4.6K 238 12
─── 🎋 ❝𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙢𝙚.❞ Being diagnosed with unipolar depression in middle school was not easy for Ku...
121K 4.1K 50
Ten damned years. The black organization suffered utter defeat. The antidote was done, yet it was useless. After so much testing, their bodies became...
135K 6.5K 37
*Completed* He woke up, surroundings swimming in his eyes. Not long after, finally a dark and empty street materialized itself in front of him. What...