Willow

By Thushiisawesome

Willow Catherina Moonclaw. One of the only two female Alphas in the top twelve packs. Her past follows her li... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: An Unknown Call
Chapter 2: Arrangements
Chapter 3: The Lost Alpha
Chapter 4: Demons and Angels
Chapter 6: Something unexpected
Chapter 7: Storming around
A/N
Chapter 8: Collisions
Chapter 9: Little Siren
Chapter 10: Recovering
Chapter 11: Late night wars
Chapter 12: Friendship
Chapter 13: Breakfast and Royals
Chapter 14: Two Alpha Wolves
Chapter 15: Problems...
Chapter 16: A little green eyed
Chapter 17: Awful habits
Chapter 18: Baby sitting
Chapter 19: Teasing
Chapter 20: Mates
Chapter 21: An unexpected date
Chapter 22: The Hunt (Part 1)
Chapter 23: The Hunt (Part 2)
A/N: the second
Chapter 24: Fae are mean

Chapter 5: Battles and Shopping

138 7 3
By Thushiisawesome

"Okay so what you're saying is in a weeks time the Court is being held and I need to make shopping my priority?" I asked staring at my Beta incredulously from the head position in the meeting room. And when I say meeting room I mean my bedroom and the head position being the middle of my bed with my top three plopped around me. Yeah we're a lazy bunch at times.

"Well he sorta does have a point," Seinna added in adjusting her head on her mate's lap to turn towards me, "the Court is all about image, the balls need extravagant dresses, the dinners need sophisticated attire and I'm pretty sure silk pj's are compulsory." We all snorted at that, looking at my oversized cotton shirt and sweats.

"I think you should prioritize your training. You've been away for a long time and you'll need it if your going to face more than a few sexist Alpha boys." Collins frowned looking like he wanted to bash someone's head in.

"Col, darling, what exactly do you think I've been doing when I was away?" I asked batting my eyelashes at him innocently.

"Um, lot's of paperwork?" he replied tentatively, glancing at Ray who was trying hard not to smile.

I silently stood up, walking towards the balcony. I opened the doors and walked into the summer air breathing it in. "I'm waiting Collins" I called without looking back. I heard some shuffling before Collins scent increased as he walked towards me followed by the other two. When he was sufficiently close enough I took a deep breath and sprinted towards the railing. I ignored their shouts as I flipped over the edge, flashing them a wolfish grin as I fell. I stretched my body as I fell past the four stories, enjoying the adrenaline shooting through me as the hot summer air rushed past me. I crouched my feet as the ground neared, landing as silently as a cat, as my body gracefully absorbed the impact. I glanced up, beckoning my Gamma with my index finger, flashing my canines in a challenge. He immediately lost the awed look in his face, stepping away from the balcony. My Beta and Gamma female shot me twin grins of  excitement for the awaiting battle. I cracked my neck, stretching my muscles as I waited for my Gamma to build up his courage. The poor wolf was going to get humiliated in front of his mate, but oh well he doubted his alpha, the consequences now awaited him. I only kept contact with Ray when I was away, so I understood why Collins was questioning my current strength. What he didn't understand was that old routines were hard to give up, no matter how torturous they were, and that I had maintained every ounce of my strength and gained more while I was in Browning. Calvin had set up a training course for me at the side of my mansion and the two of us sparred and battled almost every day. My alpha strength was reduced greatly while I was away so I was a fair challenge to my built protector, who was now being assigned as a pack warrior as we speak. I felt like a proud mama duck, knowing that he was going to come out on top. I mean come on, he was trained by the best.

Just as I was starting to think my Gamma had chickened out, a shadow fell over me, and I quickly jumped to my left as Collins landed with a thud, and a grunt. I gave him a mocking impressed look before crouching and snarling at him. The time for fooling around was over, I needed to gain back my Gamma's confidence in me. He mimicked my position and the two of us circled each other,  assessing our opponent. The only sounds besides our growling was the heavy breaths of our friends as they watched in anticipation.

 Getting impatient, Collins swung a fist at my jaw. I ducked and swung my right fist towards his stomach. My Gamma veered right with impressive speed but my fist still graced his side. Ignoring his pain, Collins swiped his foot under me, making me jump to avoid face planting. During the split second of my jump, I flipped my self over Collins head, reaching back with my hands to grab his shoulders. With fistfuls of his shirt, I lifted him off and threw him over my head as I landed. Collins went flying, but landed in crouching position, turning towards me with a shocked face. The move I had pulled off took me years to perfect. Daddy dear wasn't too happy with that with 9 year-old me. I placed my hands on my hips, cocking them to the side in semi-victory, lifting my eyebrows at my Gamma impatiently.

Collins snarled angrily before launching himself at me, shifting into a dirty blonde wolf in mid air. I threw my body to the side to avoid being crushed, and got away with a clawed shoulder. Oh for Selene's sake did he have to ruin my comfiest shirt. Angry at the red staining my dress-shirt, I glared at the smug looking wolf.

Oh so the pup thinks he's won because he grazed our shoulder, Violet snickered. Let's show him who's boss shall we my human?

With pleasure, I replied licking my lips.

I let my shift flow through me, the familiar pain of my bones braking and re-aligning passing in a nano second. My already ruined clothes now lay in tatters around me as Violet rose to her full height, towering a good three feet over Dash, Collins wolf, in all her Alpha glory. We had grown an extra foot since retaking our position as Alpha of Moonclaw and the both of us were itching to test our new strength. The goddess Selene had gifted werewolf's with brute strength and the Alpha's had it much worse. We were the goddess's killing machines, the front line of any war. Violet though lean and graceful looking was built of pure muscles that twisted along the bones of her body. Her height and lean figure gave her unimaginable speed when she ran, and according to Calvin I might be the fastest wolf to have existed.

Violet rolled her injured shoulder, dismissing the already healing pain. She spread her front legs, crouching down and growling at Dash. Her usual game was seduce and kill, which was usually effective though somewhat cruel. But Dash here was a mated wolf and Violet's pheromones would have no effect on him. So a change in our game plan was definitely due. Battle strategies 101 it is then.

 Dash pretended to not be intimidated by Vi's size and snarled at me, saliva dripping around his canines. We were back to circling each other and it was starting to get real old real fast. Having prolonged it long enough, Violet faked a jump at his right side, and as Dash turned to protect himself leaving his left completely open. Violet swiped in, biting into the muscles of his back, her canines sinking deep enough to draw blood and elicit pain but not deep enough to actually hurt our Gamma.

Needed to improve my training huh Collins?, I mindlinked mocking Collins with a mental grin.

Yeah okay, you're perfectly capable, he admitted in a rush, now could you please let go? It stings like a bitch!

Violet released him, licking his pelt clean in a sisterly gesture and nudging him away from her and towards his mate, who was now downstairs and shaking her head at her stupid soulmate. She held clothes in her hand that Vi gently accepted with her teeth after trotting over. Sienna scratched behind her ear affectionately and we gave a rumble of pleasure. She giggled and pointed towards one of the changing sheds situated in the pack, before turning towards her injured mate. Letting her take care of my idiot Gamma I walked past an impressed looking Ray, who gave me a thumb's up. Violet stood a little taller feeling proud. We've always liked Ray. He was a strong and good looking wolf, and we would have been happy if he was our mate, but sadly Selene had different plans. We squeezed our way in through the large shed doors, pushing them close with our snout to get some privacy. Placing the clothes on the ground, Violet took a backseat in my mind, letting me shift back. Once the silver fur had completely retreated into my body, I picked up the underwear and slipped it on, throwing on my denim shorts and yellow shirt over it. The yellow and blue combination took my thoughts towards royal families in general and then towards the bloody Court.

In a weeks time I would leave my pack again for nearly a month. This angered me and even Violet, because our pack would be missing their Beta and Alpha for a long time. I knew Collins and Sienna would do their best and our pack was strong enough to protect itself against any rogue attack but I couldn't help worrying. Maybe I'll spend the remaining week training with my warriors. Sienna and Sylvia can take care of my attire for the month at the palace. Sylvia was familiar with my preferred style and Sienna had a degree in fashion marketing and design so they were more than capable of it. Plus I wanted my two friends to connect and what better way to make it happen? Collins and Ray will help me gain any other extra information on attending packs and all the dirt I need. Joshua was a master hacker and he'd taught me a few tricks so maybe we could do a little spying, for safety measures of course. It had nothing to do with the two us being the biggest gossip lovers to exist. Well I loved listening to gossip and Joshua was excellent at finding gossip. You'd be surprised at what you find in peoples e-mails. A busy week was definitely on its way and I'll need all the coffee I can get my hands on.

I know its late, but its the month of Christmas, it's hard to find free time! Speaking of Christmas I hope you'll are having a wonderful holiday season! Have fun in the snow and if you don't have snow (like me) then just enjoy the sun all day and party all night!

Anyways, I know you're all impatient for Willow's mate to turn up, and guess what? He's gonna make an appearance in the next chapter so hallelujah! 

So goodbye for now my lovelies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458K 14.3K 59
My wolf Flicker start roaming my head demanding to go towards our mate. And I did just that, I started looking for him. And my eyes stopped at a gro...
197K 5.1K 26
My freedom from Aiden Forbes, the new alpha of the pack that shares territory with ours, is short-lived when he returns. He's a nuisance I cannot esc...
941K 31.1K 42
Highest ranking - #1 in Werewolf #2 in Attraction "Damn Bella, why the hell are you so stubborn?! You are my mate and if I want to mark you, I will f...
30.3K 910 50
Kathy lost her mate of over seventeen years in a rogue attack. After two years she, her mother and son relocate to a new pack hoping for a fresh star...