Hired

By dera134

Read how Eva Green an orphaned girl with schizophrenia struggles to survive in a criminal world of Mafia and... More

Cast list
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
40
41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
46
47
48
Chapter 49
50
Chapter 51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
Final chapter

Chapter 27

6.3K 268 8
By dera134

Eva

Carlos and I's friendship had escalated quickly for the past few days and inasmuch as my crazy mind repelled against the Idea of trusting him or anyone for that matter. I found myself doing it and getting very familiar with his family,

"Your grandmother is Indian and your grandfather Italian?" I tried to understand as I watched him get himself ready for work the next morning.

"Hmmm." He hummed, struggling with his tie, "Well that explains a lot.." I blurted and he laughed.

I walked over to him and moving his hand away, I began helping him with the tie, "Let me guess, you have people for this-" I sighed.

"I don't wear ties-"

"Why bother then?"

"The meeting today insists on one-" He replied, peering at me.

"Done-" I placed the tie back gently and pulled away.

"Grazie mio amore.." He whispered in Italian. I think.

"What does it mean?" I asked curiously.

"Thanks my love-" He replied.

I smiled, "How do you say you're welcome in Italian?"

He walked over to me and pressed his lips against my forehead, "Prego." he whispered and I smiled,

"That sounds like a puppy's name...Prego." I said and He chuckled softly,

"Would you be fine on your own?"

I nodded, "If anything happens, you call me first and no one else-" He uttered, in a more serious tone.

I nodded, with the same seriousness, "Try not to kill yourself this time-" I tell him glancing at his wound,

"Yes ma'am." He leans down again and kisses my forehead once, before pulling and walking away. I watched after him until he completely disappeared.

As soon as I heard the door slam, I hurried into the bathroom to take a quick shower. Once I was done, I wore a simple clothing and made it out of the door.

I made it down the stairs, bumping on Aurora on the way,

"Just the person I wanted to see, the girls and I are setting up a movie at the theater would you like to join?"

I nodded and followed her into a fancy theater room, there were other girls sitting at the front and as we got closer I realized one of them was Sonia.

"C'mon-" Aurora said grabbing me to an empty seat in front, "Guys, this is Eva....." She said to them and they smiled, Except Sonia of course.

The movie soon began and everyone went silent. It was some black and white movie about Mafias and stuff. I found it strange that they were enjoying it.

I lifted my eyes towards Sonia, she looked bored, "What's her deal?" I whispered to Aurora and she turned her eyes to what I was looking at.

"Sonia?"

I nodded.

"She's Antonio's friend." She rolled her eyes, "I hate her." She spat and I gasped, causing the others to look up.

I threw them an apologetic smile and they returned back to the movie, "Why?"

"Since I can remember, She's had her sharp claws on Carlos, even when it's clear he wants nothing to with her, he just feels sorry for her."

"Did something happen between them?" I asked, but her expression had me quickly apologizing,

"I'm sorry-"

She smiled, "You're curious, I get it..You don't have to worry about Sonia, she's full of threats but won't hurt a fly-"  That doesn't sound like the Sonia I met. I thought.

We began whispering about other random things, mostly about Carlos though,

"In general, Carlos is a man with a big heart, you're very lucky..." She tells me and I smile widely at her, her words helped a lot, I've been quite bothered with how things were moving so fast,

"Finally-" One of the girls yelled and I looked up to see the movie was over.

Aurora shakes her head, "I hate that movie.." She exclaimed, "Why do you watch it?" I asked.

"Carlos and the boys make us watch it every damn year. It's supposed to help us understand the family business....it's pointless."

"What does a mafia movie have to do with a holding company?" I asked, rather out loud, because everyone turned to look at me-

Aurora quickly got up from the seat, "Excuse us." She said grabbing me out of the door with her.

We stopped at an empty hallway and she looked around before turning to me, "You do know who Carlo is right?" She asked.

"Yes, he's a businessman." I said in an obvious tone.

"He didn't tell you?" She gasped.

At this point I became scared, "Is there something I need to know?" She smiled and shook her head, "No, of course not....anyway I was thinking we should go out for ice cream-"

I nodded, but It was clear she was hiding something, Carlos has a lot of explaining to do when he returns.

We got home an hour ago and Carlos was still not back. I have tried calling and texting but he hasn't replied any.

My mind couldn't help but drift to the last time this happened, Why do I spend my day worrying about him?  I should be focusing my attention on getting Nate out, 

But instead, I'm here worried sick about Carlos. I groaned and threw myself on the bed. I picked up my phone and began playing random games on it and before I knew it, I dozed off.

I awoke sometime later to the room door opening. I opened and rubbed my eyes to see Carlos entering the room,

He had black sweats on and his hair was dripping wet as if just getting out of the shower,"Did I wake you?"

"You are late?"

"I had a lot of work to do.."

He walked over and sprawled himself on the bed, closing his eyes tiredly. I pondered on what Aurora had said earlier before asking,

"What sort of work?"  He blinked his eyes open to me, "What's wrong?" He asked. On second thought maybe I am just being paranoid for nothing.

"Never mind." I shook it off and proceeded to ask him other things, "I want to see your wound?" I said and, without fighting or arguing, he raised his shirt and allowed me to take a look.

His rippled muscles were making it hard for me to concentrate on the wound, "You don't need to be shy-" He said as I quickly covered him up.

"Shut up." I shot back and threw him a pillow, which he caught perfectly in one hand and pulled me to his chest with the other,

"What are you a magician?" I sighed and he laughed shortly, and soon his phone began to ring, booming the quiet room. He groaned and reached out for it on the stand, "ha.." he answered sitting up straight,

I watch him rub the brim of his nose frustratedly, listening, before sighing,

"I'm on my way?" He uttered and got up from the bed, "Where are you going?" I asked quickly.

"I'm going to pick up my cousin, I won't be long-"

I shook my head, "I wanna come?"

"No, it's too dangerous, Just go to bed. -" He uttered walking towards the door, I quickly rolled off the bed and followed him behind,

"Eva." he sighed.

"I'm not one of your men Carlos, you can't order me around, I'm coming with you and that's final-" I tell him and he eyed me for a moment before sighing.

"Fine-" he uttered and I grinned.

_____

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

474 26 16
She only trusted 5 people in her life She feel in love with one She blames herself for the death of one She is willing to do anything to protect one ...
35.2K 2.2K 49
Alice Rhodes's got a problem. Two problems, actually. One, she's starting to find it harder and harder to differentiate water from a decent bottle of...
8.8K 577 32
Eva is an enigma; as bright and kind as she is closed and distant. Ryan is a player; as blithe and uncouth as he is drowning and empty. The two sho...
4.6K 49 48
A 18 year old girl named Sarah is born in a abusive Mafia family which she refuses to accept to live that life she gets traded of to the most dangero...