When The Tide Is High

By thatstardustgirl

It's been a year since Prince Neal was born. Everyone in Storybrooke is having a perfect life. Specially Kill... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 6

2K 98 11
By thatstardustgirl

[Killian]

The woman's face turned pale. She covered her mouth with her hands and looked at me petrified.

"No. No, no this can't be happening!" She yelled.

"I-I'm truly sorry... lass, but I don't know what's going on here" I said, trying to calm her down. I didn't want to prescience how she became more hysterical.

"Killian" she was up to tears and breathing fast. "Your name is Killian Jones. You used to be a lieutenant but became a pirate. Then you became Captain Hook. You had a ship called "The Jolly Roger" which you traded for a magic bean so you could come rescue me at New York. We are-"

"Hold on, hold on. Are you even listening to yourself? A pirate? Magic beans?"

"I know it sounds insane. But it's the truth, Killian. You are my-"

A group of nurses rushed into the room and took the lass away. She was screaming to them. She complained that she wanted to stay with me but they didn't let her. That woman gave me a headache with her senseless speech.

And then...

Silence. The room was left in complete silence. I closed my eyes and tried to understand the situation. My mind was betraying me. Who was I? Was that lass saying the truth about me? No. It couldn't be possible.

Concentrate. Try to remember.

I spent the following minutes trying to focus. But it was in vain.

"Killian" a man's voice interrupted. I opened my eyes. "I'm Doctor Whale"

"Killian" I repeated. "Is that really my name?"

"Indeed it is. How are you feeling?"

"Bewildered. Horrified" I glanced at my left arm and got paralyzed for some seconds "My hand"

"You... lost it long ago" he answered.

"How?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter right now" I felt he was hiding something about it. However, I changed the topic.

"Why did I forget? How could it happen?"

"You were in a car accident and your head received a harsh hit"

"Will... Will I ever remember anything?"

"We do hope so. Patients with the same problem as you usually get their memories back with time"

"Usually? So there's still the possibility that I don't. Isn't it?"

He nodded. A nurse entered into the place and whispered something to the doctor.

"I'll be right back"

"Dr. Whale" I called before he left "The woman who was here, the blonde one. Who is she?"

"Someone who really cares about you" and he closed the door behind him.

My head was hurting. I wanted to scream and get out of there as soon as possible. It was a lot to take in. I wanted to remember. I wanted to understand what was happening and who I was.

Or maybe for some reason... It was the best if I never did.

---

[Emma]

The nurses sedated me after I had the panic attack and put me back at the stupid white room again. I wasn't wearing the damn gown thankfully. Whilst I was under the effects of the sedative, I was unable to feel the sadness and desperation that took over me when I noticed Killian was no longer there. I mean, physically he was, but not mentally. As soon as the effect disappeared, I felt how the feelings came back to me as painful as gunshots.

I had lost him, maybe forever. What was going to happen now? The memories of our relationship vanished in the air as if nothing had ever happened. Would we ever make it to the altar? This last question made me feel a strong pain in the chest.

After a while I was capable of moving my extremities and to seat. Pressing a small red button situated next to the bed, the same nurse I scared some days ago appeared.

"Can I help you with something?"

"Yes. I want to have a word with Dr. Whale. Now" I tried to sound angry, with an authorial voice like Regina's. I guess I managed to do it, because the doctor arrived faster than I expected. I could see he was trying to dissimulate his nervousness.

"Emma, are you feeling better?"

"I don't think that's a really good question to start this conversation"

"I'm sorry"

"Just explain me what's going on with him"

"Killian suffered the impact in his brain, which caused the loss of his memory. I have explained him it will improve with time but-"

"There's a chance it doesn't" I interrupted.

"Yeah"

"So what are you gonna do?" I stood up, impatient to hear what he had to say.

"I can do nothing, Emma. It's up to him" he stared at the floor for some seconds and then turned his nervous gaze to me again "You can help him, though"

"How?"

"Showing him some pictures, taking a walk around Storybrooke, telling him your story, all little by little. You will need to have patience. His memory won't come back in a minute." That was the last thing I wanted to hear. Somehow, it gave me a brilliant idea.

"Perhaps it can"

"Hmm?"

"Mr. Gold" I said. I rushed out the room and there was the person I was looking for, like if he had heard me calling him.

"Miss Swan. I see you're doing better."

"Actually I'm not" I said a bit aggressive "Due to the accident Killian lost his memories and doesn't remember a single thing" It was a tough thing to accept and say. The small smile on his face disappeared.

"I'm really sorry, I had no idea"

"I have magic, but it's not so strong yet so I need your help. I need you to make a potion so he can get his memories back"

Mr. Gold stared at me and shook his head.

"I'm afraid I can't help you, dearie"

"But-What's your price? I'm willing to pay whatever it's necessary"

"This is not about the price. I just can't make a potion because it won't work"

"Of course it can! When I was in New York and I drank that potion it made me remember"

"It's not the same situation. You lost your memories because Regina created you new ones with-"

"Magic"

"Exactly. However, Killian's incident wasn't caused by it. Magic can fight against magic. But it can't deal with nature"

"You're lying! You must have a solution!" I was yelling once more. Mary Margaret and David came to the rescue.

"Emma, please!" She said "Listen to Dr. Whale. You can help Killian remember who he is with pictures and stuff like that. But don't begin an unnecessary fight. Ok?"

David grabbed my arm, giving me a 'listen to your mom' look.

"I'm sorry Gold. It wasn't my intention"

"Worry not. I've been through that situation before and I know how you feel"

I inhaled deeply. The doctor might be right. If I showed Killian how his life was his memories could improve with time. It was the only available option. I had to try.

There was a big pain inside of me, as if someone was squeezing my heart. Nonetheless I was sure about one thing: I was not going to give up on Killian.

*********

Hey guys! It would be amazing if you commented if you're liking the fic so far. I apologize if my vocabulary/grammar is not the best, English isn't my first language ;)

I'd like to give a shoutout to Fxllout and MxryMargaret. You ROCK!! :D

Thanks for reading!! (40 days left til Season 4 OMFG!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 1.1K 8
Sequel to "Don't Forget About Me" After Killian returned to his true love, Emma, they thought that everything would finally work out for the two of t...
150K 6.6K 60
This story takes part after season 3 finale. From Storybrooke to the Enchanted Forest. Hope you love it like I do. :) Follow my ouat instagram @press...
6.5K 396 30
Emma Swan is a senior at Storybrooke College, all of her friends graduated a year before so now she's alone. Killian Jones is newly moved from Irelan...
63K 3K 40
When Emma was 18 she got pregnant by her boyfriend Neal. Neal left Emma and their son Henry when Henry was two. Emma was lost and alone and her best...