Between Hate and Love

By miaaamiamia

Can your life change in just one night? Eleanor Miller's life turned upside down when her path crossed with... More

Between Hate and Love
Chapter 1 - Two strangers
Chapter 2 - The lovely enemy
Chapter 3 - Juliet
Chapter 4 - Bad reputation
Chapter 5 - Enemies with benefits
Chapter 6 - Obsessed
Chapter 7 - Ice and fire
Chapter 8 - Megalomaniac
Chapter 9 - Hearts and kisses
Chapter 10 - Bad influence
Chapter 11 - Poison love
Chapter 12 - Yin yang
Chapter 13 - High
Chapter 14 - Forbidden apple
Chapter 15 - Fear
Chapter 16 - The intruder
Chapter 17 - Falling apart
Chapter 18 - Hidden
Chapter 19 - His demons
Chapter 20 - The owner of rules
Chapter 21 - Slaps and kisses
Chapter 22 - Sins
Chapter 23 - Irresistible
Chapter 24 - Getting answers
Chapter 25 - Mr. Don't mess up with me
Chapter 26 - Treasure
Chapter 27 - The best morning ever
Chapter 28 - The inexperienced daddy
Chapter 29 - The golden couple
Chapter 30 - Mr. Know it all
Chapter 31 - Sharing happiness
Chapter 32 - The world at your feet
Chapter 33 - Desperation
Chapter 35 - Keeping promises
Epilogue
The Next Book - Blue Blood

Chapter 34 - The unbearable waiting

66.8K 2K 63
By miaaamiamia

Asher's POV

There was no news from Romeo. I was getting impatient.

Damn!

Why didn't they call? On the other hand, seeing that Eleanor was suffering made me worse. She hadn't eaten anything nor slept. I was afraid for her and our unborn baby too. I felt trapped. I couldn't do anything, and it made me mad.

I breathed deeply and walked towards the window. The sun was shining through the window, lighting the study room. I was staring into space, lost in my thoughts.

"Ash, breakfast is ready." My father informed, interrupting my thoughts.

"I don't want to eat." I said, placing my hands into my pockets, staring through the window.

"You have to eat something. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday." My father stated softly, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't want anything." I said.

"At least rest a little." My father suggested, giving me a begging look.

"I can not. When I close my eyes, I see nightmares." I confessed.

He gave me a compassionate look, squeezing my shoulder.

"Mr. Wright." The detective walked in, holding a file in his hand. "I think we found who had kidnapped your son." He informed.

"Who?" I asked and approached him.

"We found it while checking CCTV cameras near the park." He handed me a photo.

I grabbed it and looked at it. He looked familiar.

"Is he not our accountant?" My father asked, puzzled, looking at the photo in my hand.

"Yeah." I murmured and crumpled it, clenching my fist.

"It is Aaron Reynolds. He had worked for us for two years. But two months ago, we found out that he wanted to steal money from our company. So Asher fired him." My father informed.

"Oh... Then there is the possibility of revenge. But at least we know who has kidnapped the baby." He said and ordered the police officer beside him to search Aaron.

As they left, my father and I went to the living room. I stopped as I saw Eleanor. Her mother and my mother forced her to eat something.

"At least eat a little, Ellie. Please. You are pregnant. You have to be strong for Romeo and this little one." My mother told Eleanor softly.

"No. I don't want to eat anything." She protested and hugged the giraffe tightly.

I stared at Eleanor, clenching my fist. I couldn't bear to see her in this state.

My father placed his hand on my shoulder, giving me a compassionate look. I sighed, desperate. I went towards them.

I took the plate and fork and sat down beside Eleanor on the couch.

"Ellie, please." I said, giving her a begging look as I extended the fork towards her.

"No, Ash. I don't want anything." She protested.

"Please, you have to eat something. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday. I am worried about you." I said anxiously and placed my hand on top of her hand.

She bit her lower lip, looking away.

"Baby, please." I begged and extended the fork towards her. She put a piece of scrambled egg into her mouth. I gave her a warm smile. Our parents smiled, relieved.

I was pacing back and forth nervously. The detective told us that they couldn't find him for now. But they were still searching for him. Jason and his team were searching for him too.

Suddenly, my phone rang. Everyone stared at me nervously. I grabbed my phone and looked at the screen. It was an anonymous number. I breathed deeply and picked up my phone.

"Yes?" I said, trying to control my voice.

"How is the feeling of devastation? I said you would pay for firing me." Aaron stated arrogantly.

I gritted my teeth and snapped. "If you do something bad to my son, I will kill you with my bare hands."

"Hey, calm down. You are not in that state to order me anything." He said bitterly. "Now, shut up and listen to me." He snapped. "I want five million dollars for this bastard. He is an expensive bastard, isn't he?! The son of the gorgeous Asher Wright and the beautiful heiress, Eleanor Miller." He stated mockingly. I clenched my fist. "You have three hours to get that money ready." He added.

"What?! How can I get five million dollars ready in three hours? It is impossible." I commented as I ran my hand through my hair nervously.

"It is your problem. You were always an arrogant brat. Now it is the time to show me that it is not just a facade." He smirked mockingly. "Otherwise, you will not see your bastard anymore." He added.

"Don't touch...." He hung up without letting me finish.

"Fuck!" I hissed angrily and hit the chair.

"What did he say?" The detective asked.

"He wants five million dollars. We have three hours." I informed, running my hand through my hair, desperate. "If we don't give him the money, he..." I stopped without managing to finish my sentence.

Eleanor burst out crying. I rushed towards her and hugged her tightly in my arms, trying to hold my tears back.

"Ash, please. Bring my son to me." Eleanor begged, gripping my shirt.

"I will, baby. Trust me. I will bring our son back to you." I promised, stroking her hair.

My father and Arthur got the money ready. It felt like time didn't pass. I was so nervous.

I was moving my hand up and down Eleanor's arm while she rested her head on my chest. I brought her hand to my lips and kissed her palm. She looked so nervous too. Her hands were cold.

Suddenly, Eleanor stood up and rushed towards the bathroom, covering her mouth with her hand.

When her mother wanted to go after Eleanor, I stood up and said I would go after Eleanor. She nodded.

I pulled Eleanor's hair back, stroking her back while she was vomiting.

After throwing up, she washed her face.

"Are you better?" I asked, concerned and cupped her cheeks.

She nodded and placed her hand on her stomach. I kissed her forehead and pulled her into my chest as I headed us back to the living room.

"Are you okay, dear?" My mother asked, worried.

Everyone looked at Eleanor, concerned while waiting for an answer. She nodded.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I pulled my phone out of my pocket quickly. It was Aaron. I breathed deeply and picked up my phone.

He gave me the address and warned me to come alone. I grabbed the bag where the money was. The detective gave me an instruction. They were going to follow me from a distance.

"I am coming with you." Eleanor said.

"No, Ellie. You are staying here." I declared firmly.

"No..."

"Ellie, you are staying at home. It isn't up for discussion." I said firmly, cupping her cheek. I planted a soft kiss on her forehead and left.

****

Hey, guys!

Are you ready for the new book? If you want some spoilers about my next book, then check my Instagram account.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hmiamiamia (The link in my bio as well.)

Lots of love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 58.4K 33
While Andrea Brandon dreamed happily ever after with her handsome boyfriend, the love of her life, the most eligible bachelor, Alejandro Fernandez, h...
546K 21.1K 38
When destiny wanted to trap you with the girl, who disliked you and wanted to strangle you every time you saw each other, your life got complicated...
845K 26.5K 48
Meet ASHER KING CEO of the king Empire who owns businesses all around the world. Asher was born with the golden spoon. He is arrogant, cold, ruthless...
4.1M 113K 29
Chase Ashton Knight is the heir of Knight Corporation. He is a serious businessman as well as a famous playboy. He is a handsome, arrogant, stubborn...