A Thousand Little Promises

By NikeKlemmer

"One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalised and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is s... More

Chapter 1
Copyright and Authors Note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Archers POV
Echo's POV
Archers POV
Blerp
Echo's POV
Authors note
Archers POV
Authors Note
Archers POV
Echo's POV
Authors Note
Archers POV
Echo's POV
A/N;
Archers POV
Sanchez POV
Echo's POV
Archer's POV
Echo's POV
A;N
Archer's POV
Echo's POV
Archer's POV
Echo's POV
Archer's POV
Echo's POV
Archer's POV
Echo's POV
Archer's POV
Natalie's POV
Echo's POV
Archers POV
Authors Note
Echo's POV
Archer's POV
Echo's POV
A/N;
Archer's POV
Epilogue
Author's Note IMPORTANT! =)

Echo's POV

64 1 0
By NikeKlemmer

Echo’s POV

“Before you shoot the idea down completely can you please let me finish?” I asked before I proposed my plan.

Everyone looked confused as they looked at me. We had settled down outside under the big oak and I was currently sitting next to Archer.

After I finished my plan the twins were shaking their heads, Teddy looked like she was ready to explode and the rest of the guys had their arms crossed over their chest defiance clear in their eyes.

“So?” I drawled out looking at everyone.

“No” they all answered but Archer who still looked like he didn’t like the idea. I huffed out an annoyed breath and leaned my head against Archers shoulder. He swung my legs over his and pulled me into his lap. I relaxed into his chest and closed my eyes.

“Guys do you have any better ideas? I am so tired, and I want to stop this thing now.  So unless we can come up with a better idea, it’s the plan I’m sticking to. Archer is with me.” I muttered tiredly.

“What?!” Teddy exclaimed, pulling her hand out of Ryder’s and leaning forward. You have already agreed to this?” she asked

“Yes, but I swear that if it goes to far, Sanchez will be the next one to be hospitalized.”

I opened my eyes and saw the disbelief in the eyes of the others.

“Fine, I will her scrawny little butt to the next state if she hurts you though” Phil said. The others nodded their heads slowly, agreeing to the idea. Eventually Teddy gave in and crawled through the circle to hug me.

“If she doesn’t kill you then I will” she said rolling her eyes.

I had to laugh, that’s the Teddy I knew.

When lunch was over we all headed back into the building and dispersed to our different classes. Archer was walking me to Bio when Sanchez came towards us. She no longer looked past us like she had for the past week but was directly staring at me.

“Hey Echo” she said, her eyes scrutinizing me and her obviously fake smile burning into my eyes.

Instantly my eyebrows rose and my shoulders tensed. I felt Archers hand slide around my back and settle around my waist.

I didn’t reply, just warily watched her. What was she thinking? When she finally realized that I wasn’t going to reply she scowled and strutted past me, her minions hot on her heels.

I turned to face Archer, anger sprouting in me.

“The hell was that!” I whisper yelled my fists clenching painfully at my sides.

Archers jaw was ticking,

“I don’t know but she has something planned and we have to stop her before she does it.

The bell rung and I tore my eyes away from the retreating Sanchez and focused on the wooden door to my math class.

Archer gave me a quick peck but both of us were distracted. When I entered the teacher had yet to make his appearance and so I plonked myself down next to teddy with a sigh.

“What’s wrong?” she asked her eyebrows creasing as she studied my face.

“Sanchez just came towards me with a sickeningly fake smile on her cakes face” teddy let out a snort laugh at that making the sides of my mouth quirk up, “Anyway she greeted me” Teddy’s smile dropped.

“She talked to you? Like as in verbally had an exchange with you and didn’t look through you?”

I nodded my head rubbing my eyes. They stung like hell and my bones were tired from basketball practice. We had a big match up in two days, which decides if we make it to the nationals.

She soothingly rubbed my back, “Don’t worry Echo, we’ll try prevent her from doing anymore harm. I’m sure your plan will work, and that her gruesome bullying era is done with.”

I tilted my head in my hands and gave her a tired smile.

“Girls night with Channing Tatum movies and a lots of junk food?” she asked with a hopeful smile.

“Sounds amazing to me” I replied, genuinely excited about tonight.

The rest of the school day went by quickly and soon I was sitting in Teddy’s car singing along to her crappy radio.

“I SEE YOUR LONG HAIR COME DOWN, IT TURNS MY HEAD INSIDE OUT” we pelted along to Quesadilla with the windows down and the wind blowing through our hair. Finally we pulled up outside her house and I hoped out grabbing our backpacks and bolting through the door.

“Hi Mrs. Blakely” I called a quick greeting to Teddy’s mom who was busying herself in the kitchen before running up the stairs.

I heard Teddy’s mom laugh as she called a Hi back.

I dropped the bags on the floor and flopped onto her bed face first.

I heard Teddy shuffle through the house talking to her mom, their voices muffled through the door. Suddenly my butt vibrated and I pulled out my phone. Archers name flashed at the top of my screen and slid the bar over, opening his message.

‘Whatcha up to baby girl?’ x A

I smiled as I typed out a quick response,

‘Girls night with teddy, sorry baby x E ‘

I turned onto my back staring up at the violet ceiling of Teddy’s room.

My phone vibrated again.

‘Oh cool, have fun’ came his short reply.

I frowned, no goodbye?

I locked the phone and dropped it on the bedside table. Teddy shuffled into the room balancing four movies, two bowls of popcorn and two bottles of sprite and coke in her arms.

“You can drop that off right there” I said turning up my noise and pointing in the general direction of the TV.

“Yes Master” Teddy replied, and a huge grin broke out on my face. I loved this girl to death.

“So whatcha got?” I asked peeking over at the movies she bought in.

“Dear John, G.I. Joe, Step up 2- the streets and 21 Jump street. What do you wanna watch first?”

“Step up 2” I sighed as I plopped two pieces of popcorn in my mouth, squinting my eyes shut as the vinegar tingled my taste buds.

Teddy put the shades down, seeing as it was dark, and flipped the light off before starting the movie and dramatically falling onto he bed next to me. I stuffed a pillow under my face as I watched Channing danced like a king.

Two hours later and pop kernels everywhere I made a trip to the bathroom. Teddy sighed as she stretched her sleeping limbs, on her way to make more popcorn.

My hands we still damp from the bathroom when I heard her shuffle back up the stairs. I took one of the bowls and headed back to her room.

“Channing Tatum I just … well just Channing Tatum” Teddy replied dreamily.

“Oh my god, that scene with the trampo-“ I pushed open the door and stopped in the middle of my sentence. Teddy and I let out a blood-curling scream before attempting to turn and run out the room. It resulted in my foot latching into the seam of Teddy’s sweatpants and face palming into the carpet, Teddy falling over my outstretched arms and tumbling on top of me in a heap- all the while still screaming may I add.

In the center of the dark room illuminated solely by the faint bed side table, stood two tall figures masked by the psychopath killer mask. The white one with the two eyes holes and the smaller breathing holes. (see picture to the side, or at the top in the beginning to this chapter if your reading this in the app J) Dressed in black, holding a knife each they slowly came toward us before the first one let a laugh slip and the second one followed.

“Archer” realization dawned on me as I finally managed to free my foot from the deathly sweatpants. The taller one of the two pulled off the mask and revealed his messy blond hair. Archer’s eyes were shut because he was laughing so hard, his arm clutching his stomach. I stood up and dusted off my butt before tackling Archer to the ground. I repeatedly punched his arm,

“HOW DARE YOU SCARE ME LIKE THAT!” I yelled at him between hits.

He just lay there laughing like am maniac. I rolled off him and tried calming my still racing heart. Looking over at Teddy I saw Ryder undergoing a similar fate. After the guys finally regained some composure they sat up, fist bumping each other before turning to us.

“Hey ladies” Archer and Ryder said at the same time.

“Don’t hey lady us” Teddy snapped, her hands still slightly trembling from the earlier shock.

“Aw baby I’m sorry, can you ever forgive me?” he asked, when I looked over I saw Ryder sticking out his lower lip and crossing his eyes. He looked so ridiculous that I had to muffle my laugh with my hand.

“What are you watching?” Archer asked, looking at the credits, which were still rolling on the black screen.

“We were watching Step up 2 before you rudely interrupted us. We are now watching G.I. Joe” I replied crawling over to Archer and settling into his lap.

When Ryder had earned his earful from teddy they too settled down and faced the screen. I pressed play and the movies started.

About half way through, I was aiming at my mouth with the popcorn in my hand but missed and hit Archer in the voice. Okay fine maybe it was entirely an accident.

I heard Archer gasp dramatically behind me before taking a piece and throwing it at my head, hitting me right between the eyes. I ginned at him before stuffing a hand full of salty popcorn down his shirt.

“Oh no you didn’t” and so the greatest popcorn war recorded in the history of mankind begun.

Later that evening I was in the bathroom shaking out my shirt and watched the popcorn kernels tumble onto the tile floor.

“Archer I hate you for this” I yelled at him through the wooden door.

“I love you too, but hurry up I think I have popcorn down my pants thanks to you”

I had to laugh at that and changed into my PJ’s before brushing my teeth and hair and washing my face and leaving the bathroom. Outside Ryder and Teddy were making out in her room.

“EWWWWWW!” I exclaimed shielding my eyes.

Both of them blushed at first before they laughed.

“I’m just kidding, I want to be godmother anyway,” I said as a side note dropping my dirty clothes into my bag.

“ECHO!” both of them exclaimed at once.

“I’m just messing with you,” I said smiling sheepishly at the two of them. I hugged both of them and left the room, making my way to the guest bedroom.

After the movie ended, the guys decided to crash at Teddy’s place, considering the time. Yeah right I thought to myself, smiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5.5K 58
𝐒𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐚 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐤 is smart, quiet, shy and beautiful. She joined crystal high sophomore year and soon won the hearts of all teachers with her...
484K 7.6K 31
Adrian and Molly are two unlikely friends and classifying them as best friends would be an understatement. Adrian is a famous basketball player whose...
121K 8K 43
When a total stranger knows what eats you, maybe they are your one true love. Even if you don't know it yet. || On Friday the 13th, two twenty-someth...
338K 9.8K 49
For Rachel Beckett the Olympics was a huge defining moment in her life, something she had been working tirelessly towards since she was five years ol...