Elemental Academy: Rushing Wa...

Oleh ZappingThunder

Life is crazy. Hey, it's me, ClearPacifia, also known as Pacifia. I'm narrating this book. You know, life can... Lebih Banyak

Elemental Rank
Chapter 1: Checkpoint
Chapter 2: Calm
Chapter 3: Feelings
Chapter 4: Deceived
Chapter 5: Many Things Are Powerful
Chapter 6: Pour
Chapter 7: Blown Steam
Chapter 8: Emotions
Chapter 9: Affection
Chapter 10: Zap
Chapter 11: The Ambush
Chapter 12: Riddles
Chapter 13: Lightning
Chapter 14: Drill
Chapter 15: Figure Fight
Chapter 16: Rescue
Chapter 17: Solution
Chapter 18: Unpatchable
Chapter 20: Umbre Lucifers
Chapter 21: We're All Friends. We Get Along.
Chapter 22: Shade Is Shady
Chapter 23: It's Back
Chapter 24: I Love My Boyfriend
Chapter 25: Chocolate
Chapter 26: Atlanteon
Chapter 27: Breakdown
Chapter 28: Angel
Chapter 29: Happy Valentine's Day!
Chapter 30: The End (of This Year) is Near
Chapter 31: Height-ened Senses
Chapter 32: Boom!

Chapter 19: Love

12 4 3
Oleh ZappingThunder

Let me collect my thoughts.

I'm worried about Zap. Angel? Not so much.

Before I tell you why, I need to recap on what has been going on.

Another two months have gone by.

Starting with the day after that conversation between Zap and Angel, I found myself visiting the Electric Zone more and more than I have ever had before. Not only because for Zap (which was the main reason), but also because talking to Magnet was really enjoyable. She was like River: really kind and easy to talk to.

I got caught up visiting Neutron sometimes. After his drill that saved our lives, I occasionally dropped by to see what he was working on. It was slow progress, but it was progress. Who knows what he might make?

And of course, I talked to Zap a lot. I got to know him a lot better, too.

But of course, I mainly talked to him to help him stop worrying about Angel (which he had been doing).

I learned a lot about him on a really personal level. It just flowed naturally over time, over the course of two months.

💧 Dark Zone 💧

"Hey, Pacifia!"

"Hey, Angel. You're in a good mood today, huh?"

"Yes! I'll tell you about it eventually, just not now." She calmed down. "What's been going on?"

"Not too much. Been talking to Zap and Magnet a lot."

"Interesting. I didn't expect that, really."

"Well, you can't predict everything. What's been happening for you?"

"Well, besides the thing that's hyping me up, I actually had a couple of those figures come in a while back. Studied their attack patterns and fought much better than last time."

"Not to mention that we clung to each other last time..."

"Well, besides that. They're pretty predictable once you memorize everything."

"That's kind of difficult."

"Four attacks? I'd argue."

"Well, those figures are annoying and hard to work with. I'm not going to try."

"Heh. Well, change your mind, you know what to do, but I advise against it..."

"Yeah. I don't like going down there."

"Mm... hey, how's Zap been doing?"

"Zap? Fine, from the looks of it."

"Just the looks?"

"He's fine, Angel."

"I sure hope so."

"He is." Angel's question drilled into my head once again.

How do you feel about him?

I'm almost ready to answer that question. Just some more time...

"Well," Angel said, grabbing my shoulder, "I think I'll be heading out now. See you soon, Pacifia!"

"Bye, Angel. Be sure to tell me what happens!"

"Oh, you can be sure I will!"

💧 Garden 💧

"Quake?"

"Hey there, Pacifia."

"What are you doing here?"

"Trying to see where Zap and Angel see the peacefulness of the Garden. I can't see it."

"Don't worry about it, Quake. They see things differently, we see things differently. If the Cliff calms you down, then the Cliff calms you down. If the Garden calms Zap down, then the Garden calms Zap down. It's how it works."

"I really can't see Zap as calm right now," he said.

"What? Why?"

"It's too obvious that he's been acting unusual. It has to be something to do with Angel."

"She probably is the reason why," I muttered. I felt worse. Angel's happy about something, and Zap's distressed...

💧 The Next Week 💧

"Hey there, Pacifia!" Angel greeted me. "Okay, now that you're here, I want to show you something!" She pointed to her right. Out of the shadows of the trees, a guy walked out, barely taller than Angel. He looked strong.

"The name's Shade. FadingShade," he said, holding out a hand. Reluctantly, I shook it.

"Don't worry," Angel reassured me. "He's way nicer than you think."

"I'd hope," I muttered to myself. "Well, pleased to meet you, Shade! I'm ClearPacifia, better known as Pacifia."

He lauged. It was a good-hearted laugh, one that was nice to hear. "Well then, Pacifia, it's nice to meet you too! I sure hope we'll get along."

"Same here," I said. I mean, getting along with Shade is much better than not, I assure you.

"Hey," Shade said. "You know that other guy? ZappingThunder? Zap?"

"Sure," I said, curious. "What about him?"

"Is he strange to you?"

"Not at all," I said, confused. "Why?"

"Well, when I first met him, he didn't seem to be functioning normally."

"I'd wonder why," I muttered.

"Huh?"

"Nothing. I actually need to go see him." Angel looked at me with curiosity. "Bye, you two."

💧 Electric Zone 💧

Getting my thoughts straight is now the least of my worries.

I need to get my emotions in check.

Never ever have I seen him sitting on the floor, near his bed, as distressed as he was. It made me feel a way I'd never felt before.

My brain rushed with different ideas on how to make him feel better.

I didn't like him when he was like this. He was amazing as a happy person.

I don't like anyone who's sad, really.

"Zap?" I tried.

"What is it?" he said. His voice was so soft, it was difficult to hear him. Any other noise could have blocked out his voice.

"I... I'm sorry..." I muttered. I couldn't speak either.

"Don't worry about it, Pacifia," he said, his voice a little louder this time. "It wasn't because of you. Actually, nothing would've happened at all if not for you."

"I know. I just thought I could..."

"Pacifia, stop. You're just putting yourself down. It wasn't your fault. It was never your fault..."

Forget it. Controlling my emotions was impossible now. I couldn't do anything...

I felt like collapsing.

Which I must've.

I woke up to find myself on Zap's bed. Sitting up, I tried looking for him. Nothing. I looked around the Electric Zone. I found Magnet, who said that Zap had quickly exited the Electric Zone. She said that she didn't know where he went off to.

Which meant that I'd have to look all around the Academy to find a single Elemental. Done it before, can I do it again?

💧 Water Zone 💧

That didn't take as long as I had thought. Behind the Water Zone was Zap, leaning against the back wall. "I knew you'd find me here," he said, slowly.

"Well, wherever you were, I was going to look for you," I said.

"I know," Zap said. "But why not make it a little easier? Well, now that you've found me, what do you plan to do?"

"I want—"

"To help me? Pacifia, I love that you're so thoughtful and kind, but I can't recover like this, not as fast as she did." Referring to Angel.

"That's fine," I said. "I want to help you regardless."

He was processing my words. "Why do you want to do that?"

"Well, first of all, you're one of the closest people to me. Of course I'd want to help you. Second of all..." I lost my words. What was I about to say?"

"What?"

"I... I forgot." No. I didn't forget. I just can't think properly.

"Well..."

"Wait! I remember now!"

"Really? What is it, then?"

"The second reason is because..." I swallowed. One chance, with two outcomes: fail or succeed. I walked closer to Zap. This was the most important thing on my mind, and I need to put it out right.

"The second reason is because I love you."

Zap looked up from the ground and at me.

"Sorry if this surprised you. But I'm telling the truth. After seeing you the way you were after breaking up with Angel... I couldn't stand it. I didn't want you to be like that, and I never want to be like that."

"I—"

"Please, don't say anything." I tackled Zap, pressing my body against his, and kissed him.

Nothing in the world could have mattered more.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

293 22 10
What would you do if your school teachers were to vanish into thin air one fine Monday morning? The Camur Academy for the Elementally Gifted has chur...
3.9K 244 37
Imagine waking up, with new-found elemental powers and magic everywhere you looked. Imagine, still, that you have no recollection of your life until...
54 1 14
What happens when two friends with elemental powers meet two boys with elemental powers? Will they defeat the EVILS? Or was it all a set up for somet...
1.1K 121 31
This is ZappingThunder, nicknamed Zap, narrating this book. We're starting our first year in the Academy, just after finishing our final training yea...