King

By patrice48

Supernaturals take over the planet and make humans slaves. The main character is the Alpha King''s mate ,and... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
SO...
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Epilogue
Marshall

Thirty-One

6.3K 197 14
By patrice48

 When I woke up the next morning the unfamiliar feeling of someone's arms around me made an uncomfortable rush of anxiety jolt my body. It was only soothed by the comfortable and familiar jolts that have only been gifted to me by one person.

I turned over with a moan, eyes still shut and face burying into a hard chest. A soft sigh came from the warm body and strong arms tightened around me. My eyes fluttered open and I smiled, taking a deep breath of the intoxicating scent that was Beau.

We stayed in the tranquility of silence in each others arms for a few minutes and then we pulled back smiling into one another's eyes. "Hi." I said softly, bring my hand up to caress his rough cheek.

"Hey." He said with a soft smile, his lips lightly kissed mine.

Beau looked different. The aftermath of sleepiness held his eyes and a lazy smile graced his soft lips. The seriousness that he usually held on his features were gone and the smooth relaxedness of his brow made my heart warm. The worry lines that usually creased his nearly perfect skin were nonvisible and I liked that. It was a greater piece of the Beau I hoped for.

We stared into each others eyes and then he looked away. A soft frown touched my face and I let my hand fall from his face." What is it?" I asked.

He gave me a few long seconds of silence before opening his mouth to speak. "I'm sorry." He said clearly, returning his sea green eyes to my own brown.

"For?" I had a small inkling of what the answer of my question was but I wanted to see just what he would say. It made me satisfied that an apology was getting delivered to me, it was odd but I was glad.

'Well deserved sorry, I mean what he's put you through. I love him dearly but he needs to apologize.' The voice griped. I nodded in agreement to myself, the last few months of my life had so many twists and turns and upside downs, and mostly because of him and this world of his.

"For...comparing you...confusing you." His hand rested on my cheek and I could see the sincerity in his eyes." You need to discover for yourself the importance and meaning of who you wer-are Amira and It's no right of mine to rush that are pressure that." He said, the serious lines that usually creased his forehead, returned and I lifted my hands to smooth them out. His face softened and I could have sworn I saw tears brim his gorgeous eyes.

"Oh Beau." I said gently.

"I love you Amira and I've missed you so much. Like you just don't even know." He said and then gave me a long kiss, pressing his forehead to mine after he was finished holding my lips in his.

My heart was warm in my chest as we lied there. In that moment I realized how deeply my love for him somehow extended to.

After a long time he got up from the bed and smiled down at me. "Time to get up and train. There is a long day set ahead for us."

After a long shower and extensive arguing about what I could and could not do for my second day of training, we finally made into the forest clearing for training.

We trained all morning and some lightly into the afternoon. He taught a few techniques that I easily picked up and used against him. The day was peppered with little kisses and hard work.

Our heavy work out stretched into a quarter after 3 and I was drenched in sweat, grass, and dirt. I looked at Beau, who unsurprisingly had barely a drop sweat on his gorgeous, shirtless body. I yelled in dramatic agony, up at the sky as we walked back into the village of werewolves. Beau chuckled beside me and I glared playfully.

"It'll get easier." He said comfortingly, reaching for my hand.

"I hope so." I whined, entangling my fingers with his. My hand tingled with electrical currents while I swung our hands. I did so until he pulled me gently into his side and we walked closely together. I felt slightly embarrassed because I was sure I didn't smell to hot like fresh daisies at the moment.

It was nice though, the feeling of our bodies close together as it was. I loved it and I added this moment to the growing folder of fantastic moments with Beau in my brain.

'Ask about mating.' The voice chimed in, so sudden I slightly jumped. I hadn't heard her since early this morning and the feeling of her not hovering around in my mind was starting to grow on me.

I listened to her though, as I was starting to do more often than not. My eyes went up to the calm face of Beau and my mouth twitched. "Beau?" I said softly.

"Hm?' He replied, glancing down at me before focusing back on our path.

"What's mating?" I asked. Beau stopped and looked at me before looking back ahead.

"The council is here." He said, ignoring my question. I frowned and looked where was staring.

Just ahead of us, standing in front of the pack house was a group of men in white, golden rimmed robes speaking with Alex. They looked at him seriously and he returned the expression. Beau sped up his walking to bring us closer to the 'council' as he said.

Once we reached them I saw the glowing black eyes of the men and I immediately sought comfort in hiding myself behind Beau. He glanced at me with slight concern before returning his attention back to the Council.

"Elder Phillip, what a pleasant surprise." Beau said kindly, taking the gloved hand of the tallest of the men in his own.

Elder Phillip nodded. "Not at all, you have requested my presents in regard to this war talk going about correct?" The man said in deep rumbling voice that caused me to step further behind Beau. I watched Elder Phillip with cautious eyes, we made eye contact and there was sudden jolt that caused my brain to stutter in thought. "Amira." He said, bowing to me. The others followed suite and I frowned. A smile pulled on his pale grey face as he looked at me." It has been a long time indeed hasn't it?" He asked and I tilted my head." Beau had forgotten to mention your arrival, which will be addressed accordingly but for now I'd like to ask if you went with Alex while I speak to your mate?" Elder Phillip said, giving Beau a disapproving look.

For a moment I stood there, before nodding. Why hadn't he told me about this? I freed Beau from my arms and gave him a light peck on his cheek. I then turned to Alex, whom I hadn't seen in a good minute, and grabbed his hand. He smiled at me as we walked away. I glanced back at Beau, who was watching me leave.

We walked back to Beau's home, Alex complaining about my absence for a good part of the walk. I laughed at his loud, exaggerated complaints, realizing that I missed him and Layla.

Once we got inside I bolted up the steps to the shower as Alex chased me.

"Smiraaaaa!!! Smiraaaaaa!!" He called after me, thinking it would be funny to combine my name with smell. I laughed and slammed the door in his face once I reached my room. I panted and laughed as he laughed on the other side of the door as well. "Mira come out! This is Beau's room." He yelled and I frowned, stepping back and realizing that it was true. This was Beau's room. I shrugged.

"It's fine!" I called to him and went to get in the shower. I got undressed and turned the shower on, looking for soap that smelled fruity and not like Beau. I loved his scent but I didn't want to smell like him.

Surprisingly I found a bottle of my favorite body wash. I quickly showered with it and climbed out. I found some clothes in his drawers that were mine and dressed. I left the room and went down stairs to the first living room where I heard voices.

I walked into the space, shocked to see that was clean and with no remanence of the day before. Alex sat with his body across the couch, speaking with two people across from him.

"Layla! Reese!" I squealed happily, running across the room and flinging myself at the two girls. They giggled as I squeezed them close.

"Hey Mira." They said at the same time.

"Screw you Mira, didn't greet me that me." Alex said sourly behind me. I rolled my eyes and pulled away from the two. I looked at the peeved boy and grinned.

"Feet off the couch." I said and he growled at me playfully. I smiled sweetly and sat in an arm chair to look at my few friends. "I've missed you guys!" I said happily and Layla smiled.

"We did too beautiful." She said." Been too caught up in Mr. Beau." Layla said, smirking at me. I looked away.

"Yeah. It's been nice but all this training I've been doing is killing me." I groaned and Alex laughed.

"It gets worse."

"Ugh thanks for the mood booster Alex."

"Your welcome love." He said slyly causing me to glare. I looked between the three, glad to be surrounded by friends.

"We need details. Your scent isn't changed so we know that you guys haven't mated." Reece spoke up, looking at me kindly and patiently. Layla nodded in agreement.

"Facts. What's the ish bish?" She said, leaning forward and looking at me expectantly. I glanced at Alex who still hadn't moved his feet and then sighed.

"Alright...wellll."

I explained to them the recent course of events with a bright smile. I left out he fact I had some unknown voice speaking to me in my brain and that she was everything I wasn't before I got here. How she had helped me with things with Beau and the fact that slowly she was disappearing just as she had come. I told them about the kiss, but not the cabin. I even told them about the fact I slept next to him for the first time the night before.

They stared at me, their expressions glowing with happiness. "I ship it." Alex said out of nowhere. I frowned at him.

"What's that?" I asked and he laughed.

"Nothing."

"You guys are too cute." Reece sighed." I want a mate!" She hollered.

"Damn. That's cute, but just let him know if he hurts my bestie he can catch these hands. Werewolf or not I'll kick his ass." Layla said, giving her usual abrasive comments a visual by throwing her fists around in a fake fight. I giggled.

Reece and Alex rolled their eyes." Shut the hell up Layla you're not gonna do shit." Alex commented matter-o-factly. Reece bursts into a fit of laughter, holding her stomach as Layla through up her middle finger.

I chuckled and then frowned as my stomach grumbled loudly. "The lady is hungry." Reece said and stood.

"Let's go eat!" Alex said and jumped up. "We'll go eat at Taco Bell or something." He said and my mouth watered. I had no clue what that was but it sounded good.

We wasted no time leaving the house and finding our way to a car. Alex drove, considering the rest of us had no clue how to even start a vehicle. He drove us a good 30 minutes until we pulled up to a building with a purple bell at the top of it. Alex parked the car in between two yellow lines and then cut it off. We went inside and ordered something to eat before going to sit as we waited.

As we waited Alex kept moving in his seat, causing Layla to stare at him annoyed. "What the hell is wrong with you?" She asked. I pinched her arm at her rude way of asking her question and then rolled my eyes.

"My wolf won't shut up. He's anxious." He replied and then his eyes turned a bright yellow. I tilted my head as he looked around quickly. Alex finally stopped looking when he looked to the door. The three of us girls looked in that direction and gasped. It was Harry. I couldn't believe I remembered his name, but there he was. He stared at Alex, eyes darkening and growl leaving his mouth as he discarded his camera from around his neck.

"Mate."

The entire restaurant erupted into cheers as the two flew into each other's arms. I smiled and clapped as well. "Wow, that's so sweet." I said.

"I knew he was gay." Layla said, shaking her head. I rolled my eyes at her and stopped clapping as they called our order.

After the two held each other for a long time they joined us at the table. We ate our food and enjoyed each other's company until Alex's eyes glazed over and he looked at me. "Beau is requesting you be brought back home. He sounds pissed." He said and we all quickly left.

The drive back home was exponentially quicker than the drive to the Taco Bell. We arrived to see Beau standing outside, looking none too pleased. He glared at Alex and raged about how he should have said something about me leaving with him. We didn't even realize it had moved past 4 and made it to the evening hours of 5 and 6. He dismissed my friends after his fuming speech and took me inside.

He was silent and I felt guilty. "Sorry." I mumbled. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, studying me.

"Come eat dinner with me." He demanded and even though I wasn't hungry I joined him in the large dining room. We sat in slightly tense silence as we ate.

"The Council has approved my plans of war and calling a meeting of leaders." He suddenly spoke, staring at me over his glass of wine. I nodded.

"That's good isn't it?" I asked and he nodded.

"We have to do more training, but most likely with the pack warriors. I might even have to call a pack meeting." Beau continued after taking a drink. "What do you think?"

I raised my eyebrows. He was asking me what I thought. It was new to me, being asked my opinion on a decision being made. To an extent I loved it. I loved being included in the conversation of what measures and decisions should be made. I stared at him for a few minutes and then set my fork down.

"I agree with that. Your people all over the country need to be aware of the dangers of what's going on. Especially with all the attacks happening." I said, watching as the gear winded in his brain and he studied me.

"Of course."

We fell silent again, watching each other eat. Beau and I hardly broke eye contact. After we ate a few maids came in and took our plates. Beau checked the time on his watch and then stood, walking over to me. "Let's go to bed my love. It's been a long day." He said, taking my hand gently in his own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 10.5K 60
(Highest #41 on 8/5/2020) A/N This book is a stand-alone even though the first few chapters might seem confusing! It's one of those, starts in the mi...
48.2K 1.8K 45
When Elliana, a straight A, good girl, meets, Brison, a bad boy, her world turns upside down. When she is paired up with the mysterious bad boy of t...
35.8K 525 8
HIS DESTINED MATE -- PUBLISHING He wasn't her mate, and she would never allow herself to be tied down to a man she could never love. She wanted a fa...
6.4K 473 40
This is the sequel to A new dawn Symphony and her pack have always been in charge to watch over the humans. When rouges attack her pack her and her s...