Managing the Rockstar

Da rleg0810

"Well that's the problem, love. It's not always what we expect is it?" He asked me lighting up his cigarette... Altro

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 31
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 1

1.6K 27 0
Da rleg0810

The weather in LA was very different than what I was used to. In contrast to the rainy days in Seattle, this was like heaven. I just hoped it would feel like home soon, like I had made the right decision.

Pulling up to the round glass sky scraper, I looked up and read the sign of Capitol Records, the company I was applying to. The company I was pleasantly surprised had even called me for an interview.

I fixed my dress and blazer after exiting the Uber before walking into the building. My stomach was in knots, my nerves taking over. I was glad I had worn black in that moment. Lasting anti-perspirant my ass.

"Good morning, can I help you?" The cheery receptionist asked.

"Uh yes I'm here for an interview with Francesca Davenport. I'm Penelope Blake."

She types away on the keyboard. "Yep there you are. Take this pass." She hands me a lanyard with a rectangle sign saying Guest on it. "Go through security over there," she points to the area, "show them your pass. Then go to the elevators and go up to floor nine. There will be another receptionist who will help you from there."

After thanking her, I head towards the security. After waiting in line and showing my pass, I gather with others in the elevator waiting for it to take me to the designated floor.

I walk off and heads through the double glass doors, seeing the next receptionist waiting.

"Hi I'm Penelope Blake, I'm here for an interview."

"Yep all set. Let me show you to the conference room."

Walking through the weaving halls, I see all the curious eyes looking at me while I pass. It's intimidating to say the least. I could only imagine what they were thinking.

We reach a door and the receptionist opens it to reveal a large conference room. The long black sleek table must fit thirty people at least. The one outside wall is completely glass as expected from the building design. This conference room must have seen its fair share of musical icons.

"Here you are. Take a seat wherever and Ms. Davenport will be right with you."

She closes the door behind her and leaves me in the large room by myself to contemplate where to sit. It felt like an important decision. Where I chose to sit could tell a lot about me or at least I felt.

I mulled the choices over in my head and decided to sit in a few seats in from the door. Just far enough away from the door without making it a long walk to greet each other.

I sat for a few minutes, reviewing my resume and answers to the typical interview questions in my head. I was ready. I was a pro at interviews but I really wanted this one. It wasn't as much money as my previous job and was a step down, but it was a prime place to work and the job itself seemed so interesting.

The door opened to reveal a tall, dark haired woman who appeared to be in her late forties. She was pretty but looked like she had some work done. I was told most people in LA did.

I stood to greet her. "Penelope? Hello I'm Francesca Davenport." I tried my best to cover up the shakiness in my voice.

"Hello. Penelope Blake, nice to meet you."

I took Ms. Davenport's hand firmly in mine, looking her in the eye while shaking it. Just like my dad had taught me to do.

"Please have a seat. Let's get started."

We both move to their respected chairs and sit.

"I brought a copy of my resume for reference." I say sliding the paper to Ms. Davenport.

"Thank you." She reviews it briefly and sets it aside. "Ms. Blake. I will get right to the point. The position is for a tour assistant and needs to be filled immediately as the tour starts in a month. The girl we had quit and now we are scrambling to find someone. Your resume intrigued me with your Project Management background but I have to ask, why apply for this job and not something in your field?"

"Well I felt my Project Management skills would transfer well to this kind of role. It requires organizational skills, problem solving and communication. All things I feel would make me a great tour assistant."

Ms. Davenport nods her head. "Yes I agree but I imagine this is quite the pay-cut for you. I just need to make sure that you leaving that role for this one isn't due to your lack of ability to do it."

Wow she's frank. "Nothing like that. I just wanted a change of pace. I like working in a fast paced environment, the constant changes and having to think on your feet. It happens in the Project Management space but in an almost mundane manner. I wanted something new, something challenging."

"I see. Well I can certainly understand that but this is a major tour. Long. Half a year across the states. If you do well then you will go on the European tour that would start a few months after that and for almost a year. You will be on the road for almost two years. Are you prepared for that?"

I nod my head yes. "Yes. I look forward to it. I know it's not going to be glamorous and it will be a lot of work but I am ready. I assure you."

"Okay then. One more thing. On top of NDA's and a pretty in-depth contract, I need to make you aware of something. The artist who you will be assisting is somewhat of a...charmer. The last two assistants quit because he had been intimate with them and it made work arrangements difficult. Under absolutely no circumstances are you to get involved with the artist on an intimate level. You will be fired and fined by the company for your indiscretion. We cannot tolerate that behavior any longer. It costs the company too much. Do you understand?"

Who was this artist? I wonder when I will find out. If I get the job of course.

"Yes mam absolutely. Believe me that is the absolute last thing I would ever do."

"Good. You are very pretty. Maybe a little heavier for his taste but he might still try. He is a gentleman and very charming, he would never do anything to make you feel uncomfortable but if you ever feel that way, please make the tour manager aware immediately. Understood?"

I tried to hide my horror. A little heavier for his taste? I'm 5'8 and lean as could be. I'm not model thin but I'm in decent shape. Maybe for LA I was considered fat.

"Absolutely."

"Wonderful. Then I think we are all set here. Welcome to the team Penelope."

My eyes went wide with shock. "Wait so I got the job?"

"Yes. Can you start right now? We would need to get you up to speed and working on things as soon as possible."

"Uh yes, yes I can."

***
I was immediately taken to the desk of Jim Price, the tour manager and my official boss. Even though I technically would work directly for Harry Winters, I reported to Jim.

As soon as I was told who the artist was, I began to panic. Harry Winters was sexy and incredibly talented. I was also a huge fan. As in, have been following his music for almost a decade now. I was even thinking of buying tickets to his show and now here I was about to work for him. I was also extremely excited because that meant I would be paid to see the show every night.

I spent the rest of the day getting up to speed on the tour schedule, what was expected of me and given the laundry list of things to do. I had a lot of people to call and reservations to confirm.

I left the office around eight and was exhausted. I hadn't expected to stay and work so I didn't plan accordingly. I was starving and my feet were in agony since I wore my impressive shoes, not my sensible work shoes. By the time I reached my crappy little apartment, I could barely stand. I immediately flopped on the couch.

"Hey where have you been? I texted you and you never answered. I've been worried." My best friend Andrea asked walking into the tiny living room.

Andrea had been my saving grace. Once I had the idea of moving to LA to start over, Andrea hopped right on board. She was a chef and knew LA would be a great place for her to grow. Andrea went ahead and found our apartment, got her job and waited for me to come a month later. I would probably be scared and homeless if it weren't for Andrea. Or I might not have come at all.

"Work. I got the job and they asked me to start right away."

"Seriously?! Oh my God that's amazing. Congratulations!" Andrea ran and jumped on me.

"Yeah but I'm exhausted. There is so much to do and the tour hasn't even started yet."

"I'm sure it will calm down. Plus everything will be done before hand you'll just have to deal with minor stuff once the tour starts."

I nodded but mentally shook my head. Jim had filled me in on some of the types of things that happen, like the entire stage not lighting up or band members getting the flu and passing out mid set. Major issues.

"Yeah I guess so."

"Anyway I made chicken cutlets and salad, there's a plate for you in the kitchen. I'm meeting this guy Paul for drinks so I'll be back later." Andrea went to stand up but I grabbed her wrist.

"Wait a minute. Who's Paul?"

"A waiter from work. He's an actor. We're just getting drinks it's no big deal."

I raised my eyebrow questioningly. "Mmhmm well be careful shitting where you eat. Or in your case sexing where you work."

Andrea lets out a hearty laugh. "Okay. Thanks for the advice." She removes her wrist from my grasp. "Oh wait I forgot to ask, who is the artist? Is it some old band or something? Ooo or is it a diva who is gonna be a nightmare?"

"Nope. It's Harry Winters." I looked up at Andrea waiting for her reaction.

"Oh my God. Sex on a stick Harry Winters? Ooh I am so jealous. Can I meet him? Have you met him?"

"Would you calm down and no I haven't met him it was the first day. He's coming in next week for a meeting so I'll meet him then. It's not a big deal, he's just a person."

Andrea scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Bullshit. You're like his number one fan. You are totally going to fan girl when you meet him."

"I will not. I'm going to be professional and treat him like any other person."

Andrea pats my arm in sympathy. "Okay. Good luck with that. I gotta go but we are so not done with this. I'll be home later."

She bends down to kiss my cheek and heads to the door.

"Have fun don't do anything you'll regret later." Penelope shouts just as Andrea shuts the door, giving her the finger right before it closes.

I needed to make sure I wasn't going to do the same. I knew it was going to take all of my will power not to. Harry Winters would be my toughest challenge yet.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

8.9K 82 25
Completed!! -- I could hear him running behind me. "HELP!" I started to scream the words repeatedly. I felt like I was the stupid, helpless girl in...
4.6K 311 42
The S.U.N. and The Peter Pan Project or the day I woke up in somebody else's bed... My name is Maya, I'm seventeen and I've grown up with my brothers...
Can't Stand You Da Ellebell26

Romanzi rosa / ChickLit

587K 13.4K 34
I closed my eyes tightly until I heard laughing. No, I could feel the laughing. My eyes sprang open to find Miles on top of me. I was laying flat on...
212K 5.6K 35
two pair of hands slid on top of mine and I felt Jack's chest, pressed against my back. Jack put his head on my shoulder and I froze. "W-what are yo...