Smoke Screen (Bakugo x Reader...

By Sayori_Kaede

Y/N is Shota Aizawa's niece. You lived with your parents in America up until a week ago. You've been forced t... More

Chapter One: New Beginnings
Chapter Two: Realizations
Chapter Three: Welcome to Class 1A
Chapter Four: Girl's Night
Chapter Five: Melodies
Chapter Six: One-on-One Training
Chapter Seven: Non-Quirk Combat Training Pt. 1
Chapter Eight: The Letter
Chapter Nine: Non-Quirk Combat Training Pt. 2
Chapter Ten: Late Night Conversations
Chapter Eleven: Non-Quirk Combat Training Pt. 3
Chapter Twelve: Lunch
Chapter Thirteen: The Meeting
Chapter Fourteen: Non-Quirk Combat Training Final Pt.
Chapter Fifteen: Confrontation
Chapter Sixteen: Busted... Almost
Chapter Seventeen: Normal
Chapter Eighteen: Fearless
Chapter Nineteen: Jealous
Chapter Twenty: Heated Up
Chapter Twenty-One: He Knows
Chapter Twenty-Two: Clues
Chapter Twenty Three: Found
Chapter Twenty-Four: Class Switch
Chapter Twenty-Five: Worries
Chapter Twenty-Six: Parents Weekend Pt. 1
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Parents Weekend Pt. 2
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Capture the Flag Pt. 1
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Capture the Flag Pt. 2: Preparations
Chapter Thirty: Capture the Flag Pt. 3
Chapter Thirty-One: Capture the Flag Pt. 4
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Talk
Chapter Thirty-Three: Parent's Weekend Pt. 3
Chapter Thirty-Four: How Much I Love You (Lemon)
Chapter Thirty-Four: How Much I Love You (Fluff)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Blissful Ignorance
Chapter Thirty-Six: Can't Be Real
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Unreachable
Chapter Thirty-Eight: ... Hope
Chapter Thirty Nine: ____less
A/N: Will be deleting upon an actual update

Prologue

25.5K 586 534
By Sayori_Kaede

(Third Person Point of View)

       "The investigation into the death of pro-heroes Mist and Erase is still on-going. The two heroes turned up on the scene of a burglary that took a turn for the worse when multiple hostages were accounted for inside the First National Bank of Rodeo. The criminals responsible made a deal with the chief of police that they would release all hostages if they could negotiate with Mist and Erase face-to-face. Unfortunately, the negotiations went south and the criminals fled the scene of the crime after ending the lives of the number five and number eight American heroes. We will keep you updated on this breaking story as more information becomes available."

       Shota Aizawa, A.K.A Eraserhead shook his head as the television screen blinked off. The funeral for his brother Shinji and his sister-in-law Kayano was tomorrow, but he couldn't make it. He wanted to be there for Y/N more than anything. Of course, he'll see her in a week, but she's all alone. She's only fifteen and she'll have to bury both of her parents the following day. He's tried calling her several times, but Y/N has been screening all her calls.

       "Hey, Aizawa," the familiar voice of Toshinori Yagi, A.K.A All Might carried through the office door. "Principal Nezu said he'd like to speak with you up at the main campus."

       Aizawa sighed and pulled on the elastic hair tie, releasing his messy black locks. His eyes were generally red from his chronic dry eye, but today they were also swollen. He still hadn't told his class about his niece or his brother. He hadn't spoken to anyone about it really, knowing that once he did it would feel all the more real. With his eyes hidden behind a veil of hair, he stood up from his desk and made his way out of the dorm.

       "All Might, make sure they don't burn the place down while I'm gone," Aizawa said, looking specifically at the explosive Bakugo, who was sitting on the couch sending small firework-like sparks off the tip of his finger.

       "You can count on me," Toshinori cried out, taking on the iconic form of All Might, the former number one hero. It only lasted a moment before he deflated and a spurt of blood projected past his lips.

       Aizawa would never admit to it, but Toshinori managed to make him smile, at least on the inside.

       Once he was a safe distance from the dorms and the students that were taking advantage of the warm Saturday, Aizawa pulled out his phone and selected Y/N from his recent calls. He had come to expect her cheerful voice telling him to leave a message, but this time the phone rang three times before Y/N's voice cracked in his ear.

       "Y/N?" He asked, feeling stupid after the fact.

       She sniffled and cleared her throat. "Hi, Uncle Ai." She tried her hardest but still failed to keep the shakiness out of her voice.

       "Hey kiddo," he mentally kicked himself again. He had been calling her since the day before, wanting to talk to her and be there for her, but he never expected her to answer after the first call went straight to voicemail. He didn't plan this far. "How are you holding up?"

       "Great question Aizawa," he wanted to slap himself. "You're all she has left and you're an idiot."

       "As good as can be expected," Y/N's voice squeaked, making each word sound physically painful. She took a deep breath and her words suddenly became stiff. "I'm so tired of people apologizing for my loss. I'm tired of everyone telling me what great heroes my parents were. I know they were great! I fucking know they were great! Telling me that and throwing condolences at me isn't going to bring them back! Why don't people see that what they consider to be kind and comforting words are just painful reminders that they're gone." Her tears leave her words drowning in a sea of inconsolable hurt.

       Droplets spill over Aizawa's eyelids. Y/N broke the dam he had been trying too hard to hold together. The tears he cried were more for her than anything else. All he wanted to do was hold her in his arms, show her that she isn't alone, that she doesn't have to deal with the pain by herself. His waterworks quickly became those caused by frustration. She needed him more than ever and there was nothing he could do about it.

       He stopped outside of Principal Nezu's office. "I know..."

       Y/N whispered, cutting him off. "Uncle Ai, I need you."

       Aizawa's heart shattered. He knew that she did, but hearing her say it broke him. "Y/N..."

       "I'm sorry," was the last thing she said before the call ended.

       Shota frantically tried to call her back, but her phone was already off.

       "This is Y/N. I can't come to the phone right now, but if you leave a message I'll call you back. Truthfully, you'd be better off texting me. Bye!" Aizawa could hear her smile in the voicemail greeting, the smile that was absent from their conversation.

       "Y/N, I want to be there more than anything. I need you to know that," was all he managed to get out before pressing the red button on his screen. "Damn it!" He kicked the wall as hard as he could. "Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!" His slender fingers tangled in his hair. Gravity became too much and the wall slowed his descent to the carpet.

       The door to Principal Nezu's office opened tentatively and the small white creature walked over to the collapsed man. He extended a paw. "Mr. Aizawa, I apologize for calling you here in your time of grief, but there are a few things that need to be discussed before Monday."

       Aizawa took a few shaky breaths and regained his composure. He apologized about the scuff marks he left on the wall and took the initiative to walk through the open door.

       The odd creature took a seat behind the large desk. "I wanted to confirm with you that your niece F/N L/N will be arriving next Saturday."

       Aizawa nodded his head. "I'll let you know if that changes."

       The principal smiled and wrote something in the open notebook in front of him. "Since that's the case as of this moment, then it shouldn't be an issue for you and your class to spend the next week at Ketsubutsu Academy for joint training with Ms. Joke's class. However, if you'd like I can send Toshinori in your place."

       Aizawa visibly cringed at the mention of that woman, but ultimately figured that it might be a good way to keep distracted and busy. As long as he's back in time to welcome Y/N.

       "I'll go," he said.

       "Perfect!" The mouse-like creature said, clapping his hands together. "After your week at Ketsubutsu, Ms. Joke and her class will come back here with your class for another joint training week."

       Aizawa's eyebrows furrowed, though no one could tell. "Why? Don't you feel that's a bit much? The only difference in each week would be the scenery."

       "Ah, well, the joint training at Ketsubutsu will be focused on Quirk combat, while the training here will be focused on non-Quirk combat," he says matter-of-factly. "Although the circumstances are less than ideal, when I found out that Y/N would be joining class 1A, I couldn't help but remember a video you showed me from the last time you went to America. The way that her mother and father trained her to be competent in fighting with her Quirk was fantastic, but what was truly impressive was the way you and your brother taught her how to fight without her Quirk. The way she has been fine-tuned to know when her Quirk is nullified and be able to change her attacks and defenses is something that I think will greatly benefit the students."

       Aizawa's mouth twitches slightly, thinking back to the last time he helped Shinji train Y/N.

       "On that note, class 1B will be joining the second week of training," the mouse-man squeaked.

       Aizawa and Principal Nezu discussed a few more of the finer details before ending their meeting.

       Once the man clad head-to-toe in black returned to the dormitory he called his class to the common room. While the students situated themselves on the couches and floor, Aizawa filled Toshinori in on what was discussed only fifteen minutes ago. Both he and the principal agreed that it would be best if Toshinori stayed at UA and that there was no way around it. The skeleton of All Might reluctantly agreed, but was reminded of just how useless he truly was now.

       "Alright, listen up," Aizawa's voice quieted any lingering conversations between the teens. "Tomorrow morning you all need to pack just the essentials to get you through a week. Early tomorrow evening we will be heading to Ketsubutsu Academy for joint training with Ms. Joke and her second-year class." His eyes fell to Bakugo and Todoroki. "Hopefully, you will both be able to take something away from this week to help you with your extra courses a month from now."

       Aizawa was about to conclude when his phone vibrated with a new message. Y/N.

       Y/N - Can I call?

       Aizawa - Let me call you in a minute.

       "Before you all go back to whatever it is that you do, I thought I should let you know that by the time we get back from Ketsubutsu you will have a new classmate. Her name is F/N L/N and she is my niece. That is all," he ignored all the questions the twenty teenagers were indirectly asking him and made his way to his quarters. Opting to sit at his desk he dialed Y/N.

       "Uncle Ai?" She sounded much calmer this time. "Look, I just wanted to apologize for earlier. I do know that you would be here if you could and it was selfish of me to get upset. You have a whole class to look after. That's all I wanted to say. I'll call you sometime tomorrow."

       "Y/N, wait before you hang up," Aizawa took a silent but deep breath, forcing his tear ducts to stay dry. "I love you kiddo. Don't hesitate to call me, no matter what time it is."

       "Okay," and with that, the phone call was over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443K 13.4K 73
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
957K 16.5K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
863K 40.2K 172
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
188K 4.3K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...