Mason

By MaisieGreene

Mason Miller is a quiet, seventeen-year-old girl who's lived a normal, mundane life in Brighton, England. Wit... More

Hello
Eradication
Introductions
Anxious
Boys
Amygdala
Enigmatic
Assassin
Contrite
Elude
Apodyopsis
Tipsy
Mortification
Perplexed
Sinister
Lilliputian
Unrequited
Shanghaied
Compunctious
Irresolute
Cretinous
Pulchritudinous
Covetous
Unsolicited
Voyeurism
Flustered
Avoidance
Morale
Warped
Extenuation
Permutation
Falling
Affected
Smitten
Gossip
Purjer
Knocking
Blackmail
Apologetic
Shithead
Sorry
Amore
Baby
Forgotten
Shattered
Ignoramus
Exhausted
Eunoia
Sarang
Viridity
Eccedentesiast
Abience
Philocaly
Orphic
Quatervois
Kilig
Atelophobia
Epilogue
1 MILLION
It's been a while...

Obstinate

33.3K 834 91
By MaisieGreene

"𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕘𝕚𝕗𝕥, 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕕𝕚𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖."

-𝔸𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕦𝕤

Mason

I only manage to get lost once on my way to Pipers which I thought was quite a feat for me, just saying. I never really had the greatest sense of direction so I'd say it was an accomplishment for me. I slung the bag I had put a few outfits in over my shoulder as I made my way up the pathway to their home. I glanced up at it, taking in the practically perfect view in front of me. It was picturesque, to say the least. The exterior was painted a bright white, standing at two stories high. A beautiful wrap around porch made it look all the more inviting. Flower beds surrounded the home, groomed to perfection with vibrant colors blending together ever so perfectly. Not a single thing out of place. It was stunning, really.

Making my way up the steps, I came to a stop in front of the large door. Nerves flitted in my stomach, I wasn't really sure why I was feeling anxious. Pushing whatever it was that I was feeling aside and knocked on the door. Not a minute later, it was being swung open and a beautiful woman who stood taller than me though that wasn't something that was unusual for me. She had large brown eyes that matched Piper and Blakes perfectly. Her black hair was pulled up into a tight, neat bun atop her head. She was wearing a knee-length, pale purple tea dress though the majority of it was covered in a floral apron with ruffles around the border.

"Hello." She smiled brightly.

"Uh, hi. I'm here to see Piper. She said-"

"Oh!" She cheered, recognition gracing her features. "You must be Mason. Piper said you'd be coming by."

I smiled back, "Yes that's me."

"Sorry dear. Please come in." She rushed, stepping aside to let me through. As soon as I stepped over the threshold, the mouthwatering scent of apple pie surrounded me. "Can I get you anything to drink or eat?" She asked as soon as the door was shut.

"No thank you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, thank you though."

"No problem dear. Here, let me call Piper down." She smiled, walking over to the staircase. "Piper!" A few minutes later the sound of footsteps was coming down the stairs.

"Mase, you're here!" She smiled brightly, stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey."

"Come on let's go up to my room to get ready." She grabbed my hand pulling me towards the stairs.

I turned back quickly. "It was nice meeting you, Mrs. Johnson." I rushed out as she tugged me up the stairs.

"You too dear and please, call me Madeline." I nodded just before we rounded the corner and through a doorway. I looked around as Piper headed straight for what I'm assuming was her closet. Her room was painted in a soft mint and all of her furniture was white matching quite beautifully. Her room was large though the massive bed place against her wall in the center of the room took up most of the space. A white duvet was messily thrown on part of her bed along with a gray throw blanket with massive pom poms surrounding the border as well as a multitude of pillows. Honestly, it looked like heaven. There was a giant picture of a flower above her bed. Her room was beautiful, to say the least. It made me want to go out and get decor for my room.

"I like your room," I spoke, watching as she tossed various articles of clothing onto her bed.

"Thank you. My mom designed it for the most part. I did pick out the colors, however." I nodded watching as the clothes landed on her bed piece after piece.

"Um, what are you doing?"

"I'm getting out outfits for us to try on for tonight."

"Oh, I brought some." I pulled my bag off my shoulder, placing it on her bed as I unzipped it pulling out the clothing I had brought.

"Ooo! Lemme see." She smiled, pausing from looking in her closet.

Honestly, I hadn't brought anything that was that spectacular. I had only grabbed a pair of pants, though they were my favorite and would pretty much go with anything seeing as they were simple, black skinny jeans with a rip in each knee. Along with them, I brought a plain back t-shirt with a small rose on the left breast, A ribbed, off the shoulder top and lastly, a plain black white v-neck. I knew they weren't much but they were all I really had. I had never been one to buy flashier tops. Not because I didn't like them but because I didn't necessarily think that I would look good in them.

"Okay. So, those are cute and all but if you'd like to wear something a little fancier then you're more than welcome to wear something from my closet."

"Do you think I should?"

"I mean, ultimately, it's up to you."

"Yes, I know but do you think these are just a little too plain."

"I want you to wear what makes you feel comfortable though. Plus, I think you'd look incredible in whatever it is you choose to wear."

I smiled at her kind words. "Okay well, if you were to suggest something; what would you pick?"

"Mm, give me a second." She turned around, quickly pushing through her hangers until she found what she was looking for. Turning around she presented me with a thin, black, lace one piece that was see-through practically everywhere aside from floral fabric that covered part of the stomach over the breast area. It was beautiful and I'm sure that Piper looked absolutely flawless in it, I just didn't think it would look the same on me.

"I don't think that'll look good on me."

"Are you kidding me?" She practically yelled. "Your body is to die for. I wish I had curves like you." I couldn't help but slightly wince when she said curves. Not because I thought girls with curves are unattractive. It's actually quite the opposite. However, I wouldn't categorize me as a girl with curves per se. More so that I was a tad overweight and it wouldn't hurt me to drop a good thirty pounds, maybe even more.

 I had always struggled with the fact that I wasn't the smallest girl in the bunch. I didn't crave to be super thin, though there's nothing wrong with that, everyone's beautiful in their own way. I just wanted to feel beautiful in my own skin which is something I definitely did not feel. My thighs were quite thick, as were my hips. My stomach had a pudge that I absolutely despised. My lack of a healthy diet was partially to blame and the other would be my excessive hate for exercise. Nevertheless, I just wanted to be happy with my body, to be pretty.

"I just, I don't think I'd fit into any of your clothes anyway. You're a lot smaller than me."

"My boobs and butt may be smaller than yours but our body is about the same size. That and you have curves where I had the body shape of a twelve-year-old boy. Anyway, that doesn't matter. Please just try it on and if you absolutely hate then I won't force you to wear it. Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded, reluctantly.

"Yay. Okay, the bathrooms on the left right when you walk out of my room or you can change if here. I promise I won't stare." She laughed. I chose to just change in her room. Sure we had just met and all but we're both girls and honestly, her back was facing me at the moment so it's not like she was even going to see me. I quickly pulled off my top along with my pants and pulled up the one piece, slightly feeling like a baby once it was all the way on. My jeans were to follow. As soon as I buttoned my pants, I turned to look at myself in the mirror only to find that there was absolutely no way that I was going to be able to wear a bra. I unfastened my bra and slid it out from under the shirt, one-piece thing. Whatever it is you call it. Again, I looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes scanning over my body. I wouldn't say that I looked horrendous but I definitely didn't think I looked anything special. The top came up around my neck instead of in two straps over my shoulders. I could only assume that I filled it out far more than Piper ever would.

"Piper, I don't know about this," I mumbled as I turned around to face her.

"Damn girl!" She shouted. "You look fine as hell." An effervescent smile on her lips. "You have to wear that Mase, you looking absolutely stunning."

"I don't know," I spoke quietly, wrapping my arms around my stomach.

"You're truly beautiful Mason. I promise I'm not lying to you when I say I think that you should wear it." I stayed quiet unsure if I wanted to actually wear it or not. Sure it was pretty and whatnot but I wasn't really sure if I thought I was pretty enough to wear it. "Okay, how about this. We'll bring a leather jacket with us and if at any point you feel uncomfortable, you can just put on the jacket. Deal?"

I bit my lip contemplating over her suggestion. I mean, it didn't sound like the worst possible thing. I nodded slowly, still not one hundred percent convinced that I was making a smart decision but the excited squeal that emitted from Piper's lips let me know that I really didn't have a choice at this point. I waited patiently as Piper got dressed and styled her hair. I had chosen to keep my hair down letting my soft natural waves be. Piper had talked me into putting on a bit more makeup than I usually would, though I let her apply it so I didn't end up looking like a damn clown. I have to admit that I actually liked it. It was obviously far more noticeable than whenever I would wear it but it wasn't over the top.

By the time Piper had finished getting ready, it was nearly ten o'clock. "Okay, I'm done." She smiled standing up from her vanity.

"Jeez, finally." I sighed jokingly.

"Hey! It takes time to look this good." She justified, In all honesty, she didn't need the makeup to look pretty or beautiful even. She was one of those people who made everyone envious by how naturally stunning she was. Her big brown eyes gave her an innocent look. Her tan complexion gave her a natural sunkissed glow, one that I could only hope for. Light freckles were scattered across her nose and slightly along her cheeks. Her long black hair was thick and long, making me slightly hate my plain brown hair. Regardless of what she said, she didn't have the body of a twelve-year-old boy. She was curvy in all the right places, truly beautiful. I scoffed, shaking my head at her words. "You must be blind if you think you need all of that makeup to look good."

She smiled, "I could say the same about you."

"Difference between us is that I don't think this makeup makes me look all that much better," I smirked causing her to shake her head.

"Let's go, weirdo." The ride to Parker Galloway's house was short. It was clear to see exactly which house was his by the copious amounts of people pouring in the house. I slowly stepped out of the car, butterflies fluttering around my stomach. I walked around the car coming to a stop beside Piper. "You ready?" She beamed, looping her arm through mine.

"I don't know," I muttered, unsure.

"You don't know? What do you mean you don't know?"

"I mean, I'm nervous."

"There's no need to be, come on Masey wasey."

My face scrunched in disgust. "Don't ever call me that again, please."

"Okay, deal. I was testing it out but you're right, I don't like it."

I chuckled slightly, letting her pull me along towards the house. As soon as I stepped over the threshold, music surrounded us in a loud, unforgiving manner. A slightly unpleasant aroma of stale beer and cigarette smoke filled my nose making it burn slightly. Piper said something to me, though I could barely hear it due to the noise.

I leaned closer just as she did, causing us to smack our heads. We both laughed, pulling away our hands gripping our heads. This time I stayed put while she leaned it. "Did you want to go get a drink?" I nodded instead of attempting to yell over the music. She began pulling me along, once again, though with a tighter grip than last due to all of the bodies squished together. 

Finally, we made it into the kitchen which seemed to be less crowded, albeit not by very much. There were various bottles of half-empty liquor bottles scattered about the counter. Red plastic cups were stacked all around and there were a few kegs placed on the ground beside the counter.

"What do you want to drink?" Piper asked, turning around to face me as we stopped by the island.

"Uh, I don't really know."

"Here, I'll make you something." Not a minute later, she was shoving a red plastic cup into my hand, filled to the brim with what looked like juice.

"Just you just give me grape juice?" I asked, I mean, I wasn't complaining, grape juice was good and all I just expected her to give me something alcoholic.

"It had alcohol in it. Don't you worry your pretty little head."

"You didn't put a bunch in though because I'm kind of a lightweight."

"Just drink it." She urged, taking a massive gulp from her own cup. I did as she said and was pleasantly surprised at the fruity taste. "Now let's go dance." I followed along behind her while she led us back into the living room, where the music seemed to be at its peak. "Come on Baby girl, shake that ass!" She shouted, a large smile on her face as she began dancing. I shook my head, laughing at her craziness. I was never one to dance, I especially in the current outfit I was wearing. I didn't want anything to giggle any more so than it already was.  

  ━  

Author's note, 

So, sorry not much happened in this chapter, again. However, somethings bound to happen in the next chapter though, right? I mean, they are at a party and this is Wattpad so let's be realistic here. 

Mason and Piper's outfits are above. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5M 444K 40
"Be careful, sweetheart. I can make you scream my name right now if only I wanted to. And it wouldn't be screams of fear or pain; it would be screams...
445K 7.5K 33
"I'm changing school and that's it," I yelled at Alexander. "over my dead body" he glared at me. "what's wrong with you" I glared back at him. "yo...
123K 5.2K 47
meet Lilly White a nineteenth year old who has been abused by her dad for nine years since her mom died who her dad along with herself believes is th...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...