Nicolae Bartholy - Fanfiction

By daydreamer021985

This is a fanfiction about Nicolae Bartholy. It is my interpretation of the story behind the visual novel 'Is... More

1. Let me introduce myself
2. "Family"
3. Drogo Bartholy
Note #1
4. Peter Bartholy
5. Lorie Bartholy
6. In search of an au pair
7. Doppelgänger
Note #2 - First sketch
9. Getting things ready
10. In the flesh
11. Curiousity
12. Too close for comfort
13. A game of cat and mouse
14. Extraordinary girl
15. The man in the locket (Elizabeth's POV)
16. Want a ride?
17. Running late (Elizabeth's POV)
18. Being a gentleman
19. Joker
20. Hide and seek
21. You are not alone
22. Elephant in the room
23. Allies
24. Toy store
25. Faith
26. Desire
27. Schrödinger's cat
28. Altruism
29. Sebastian (Elizabeth's POV)
30. Drogo (Elizabeth's POV)
31. You are mine
Note #3
32. The hospital
33. Pampering
34. Déjà vu
35. Standoff
Update
36. Sleep in
37. Weekend breakfast
Note #4
Note #5

8. Informing the others

616 14 1
By daydreamer021985

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Author's note: hello my lovely readers! I am still very busy with drawing Lisa, to accompany chapter 6. And to my surprise I already came up with another chapter!! It came more easy this time than previous weeks. I've already got new inspiration for another chapter, so I hope that you'll be able to read another chapter withing a couple of days. But I cannot guarantee that for sure ;)

Lots of love, Edmee
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It is Tuesday and it has been a few days since I had arranged all the necessaties for Lisa. Her flight is scedules for 6:00 PM tomorrow. She will land around 11:00 PM and will stay at the airport motel. The day after, on Thursday, she'll be arriving at the manor. I am already eager at meeting her, to see her in real life. She's been haunting my thoughts day and night, with her intoxicating, enchanting eyes. It is hard for me to get some needed sleep, but the memory of her doesn't contribute to that. 

I want to tell Peter and Drogo first, before I tell Lorie. So I've planned a quick meeting in the living room. I tell them to take a seat and after that I tell them how things are. I tell them there's a suitable au pair for Lorie. Peter is delighted right away, as I expected him to react, but Drogo is suspicious as always. 

Drogo: "Nic, what if she isn't cut out for the job, like the rest of them?" 

"Believe me Drogo, I've thought of that many times. But with her, it is different: I have a feeling she's the right person for this job. I believe that she has seen her fair share of the world and that Lorie won't be able to startle her easily. I just have a feeling, Drogo. Give her a chance, unlike you did with the rest of the nannies."

Drogo: "Nic, do you realise what you've just said to me? Do you want me scare her to death or to secude her? I rather do the lather one.."

I grunt, saying: "Neither, dear brother of mine. You will do no such things: you'll leave her alone, is that understood?" I say that very dominant and threatening, almost like our father would when making his point clear. 

Drogo: "Understood, loud and clear. But don't blame me if I can't help myself in teasing the little thing, only for a little bit."

"SHE IS NOT A LITTLE THING, DROGO! SHOW SOME RESPECT!!" As I shout these sentences at Drogo, I can feel the change in me. I don't need a mirror to see that my eyes are blood shut and my fangs are protruding out of my mouth. It is not often that I see fright in Drogo's eyes, I'm not proud of what I just did and I know very well I made my point crystal clear to Drogo.

Peter: "Nicolae, please, calm down. You know Drogo didn't meant it that way, he's just joking around and pulling your leg. What has gotten into you, all of the sudden?"

"I just have a good feeling about this nanny for Lorie. I don't want Drogo nor Lorie to screw things up again for the umpteenth time. He always acts like this around the nannies, do I really have to remind you, Peter? Not to mention the way Lorie behaves around every nanny, I just know it's not always something Lorie comes up with. You might say she had an ally at some points in time."

Peter: "No, I am well aware of Drogo's behaviour around the nannies who've been here for Lorie. I am also very aware that not all of Lorie's actions are fully hers. I do believe Drogo must had some influence, but I just think your reaction... was... how to put it... remarkable, to say the least." 

I stay quiet for a brief moment, to overthink my answer to Peter. I do not want them to suspect something already, I want to keep this to myself for a bit longer. "I am sorry, Peter, but I haven't been myself lately. I'm more excausted than usual and it's getting to me."

Peter: "I noticed that, Nic. But it's not me who you own an apology." 

I notice only then and there that Drogo hasn't spoken since my outburst and as I watch him quietly. He is leaning with his back against the wall, has crossed his arms and his gaze is fixed outside the window into the distance. "I am very sorry, Drogo, I shouldn't had shouted at you like that. It wasn't my place. Please, forgive me."

Drogo turns his head, looks me up and down, uncrosses his arms and says, very stoic: "You don't want to hear me say it, but I will: when you get angry like that, you resemble Viktor more that you'd like to be. But at least, you apologise and take responsability for your actions..." After that, he leaves the room without saying anything else, but the way he has the last word is almost like a trademark for Drogo: he slams the door shut. It is done with such tremendous fierceness, that I almost believe that for a second the hinges won't be able to withstand such violence and brutal force. Luckily, the door is stronger than I thought it would. 

Peter: "Should I tell Lorie to come downstairs?" 

"No, I believe it is for the best that I will address the issue to her in her room." Peter nodds and is off to his room. I sigh, because I already know that Lorie will be strong headed about it. I stare out of the window for a brief moment, before I turn around and drag my feeth towards the exit of the living room and upstairs to Lorie's room. I stay standing in front of her bedroom door and take a couple of deep breaths, before I knock and enter her room. Right at this very moment, it feels more like entering the lion's denn. I already know she won't go down with it without a struggle. 

Lorie: "Who is it?" I open the door and pop my head into her room.

"May I come in, Lorie?" 

Lorie: "While yes, please!!! You don't need to ask, silly!"

I smile at her remark, and I wished she would be a bit more sweet the way she is acting right now. But I know it won't last long, before she'll get angry and have a tantrum. 

"Lorie, I have something to tell you. Please take a seat on your bed." She does it without a fuss, because I realise she knows I am serious. "You know you've had nannies and au pairs in the past, and that it didn't work out with them, up until now." She nodds and says nothing. She almost looks a bit ashamed, very well aware of her behaviour towards the girls and women who were supposed to take care of her. They all started full with confidence, but we all know that didn't last long. 

I continue: "I think I might have good news for you, Lorie: I've found a new au pair for you." 

Her mood changes immediately. She goes from curious and lovely looking into a little she-devil, with eyes as cold as ice but spitting fire at the same time. I know I have to do everything in my power to not let her freak out entirely, but as I try reading her mind, I know she's beyond that point. Her mind and thoughts are going hay-wire and soon she's screaming, shouting and kicking into thin air. 

Lorie: "WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH HORRENDOUS THING WITHOUT CONSULTING ME FIRST, NICOLAE!?!" YOU KNOW VERY WELL I DON'T NEED A BABYSITTER, I AM A BIG GIRL!" 

"Lorie, please calm down. You're making a scene for nothing!" 

Lorie: "I AM NOT MAKING A SCENE!"

"Fine then, you're having a tantrum! Satisfied?" 

Lorie: "CALL HER AND THE WHOLE THING OFF! I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF AND WHEN NOT, YOU ARE AT MY DISPOSAL!!!"

"LORIE!!! DON'T MAKE ME ANGRY, IT WOULD BE TWICE IN ONE DAY!" 

Lorie goes from tantrumlike to docile, quiet and then tears are whelling up in her eyes. 

Lorie: "Please, don't be angry at me, Nicolae." 

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't, Lorie! You were acting like a insolent toddler, not like a girl your age. At this very moment I'm fed up with your behaviour, just as I am fed up with that of you brother." She knows very well of which one I'm talking about. 

Lorie: "Nicolae, none of the nannies nor au pairs could take care of me. Why should this time be different?" 

"First of all, that they couldn't take care of you, that has nothing to do with the displayed behaviour by you and Drogo? And with this girl I just know it is going to be different. Trust me, Lorie." 

Lorie turns crimson and looks down at her hands, which she lays in her lap as a defeat. She knows she cannot win, not from me. She knows it is all for the best. I continue: "Lorie, soon you'll be attending school. You still do remember how long it took you and us to get you ready for school? That is the reason why you'll be needing an au pair: she'll take you to school, whenever I or Drogo or Peter cannot take you there. Drogo and Peter are attenting at the university and sometimes they have to start early with classes. And besides, it simply cannot be fun all the time to be surrounded by only boys, now is it?" 

Lorie: "No, you're right. Sometimes I wish I had a big sister..." 

"Well, with this new au pair, you can do things only girls like to do. The contact I've had beforehand with her, Lorie, gave me a positive feeling. I know she'll be different than the others. Give her a chance and try not to scare her away after a half a day." 

Lorie looks shyly at me and she giggles away. I sigh, roll my eyes and shake my head laughing. I put an arm around her and hug her. She wraps her arms around my waist and lets her head rest against my chest. I bend my head to the side and let my right cheek rest softly on her head. We remain like this for a couple of minutes before I break this tranquil moment by removing my cheek from her head and give her a loving kiss on her forehead. 

"Promise you'll behave around her?" 

Lorie: "I'll try with all my might, Nicolae." 

"Don't try, Lorie, just do it for once." 

She nodds. 

"Her name is Lisa, short for Elizabeth. She will be arriving within two days."

Lorie: "Elizabeth? Wasn't that the name of your girlfriend, Nicolae?" 

Crap, she knows... I musn't had said that to her, she's sensitive for such details. Nothing escapes her attention. "Uhm... yeah, you've got that one right. But lots of girls are named Elizabeth, Lorie." She looks at me and then shrugs her shoulders. "Anyway, I should get one of the guest bedrooms ready for her belongings. They should be arriving tomorrow." I get up and walk towards the bedroom door. Right before I exit Lorie's room, she asks: "Is she pretty, Nicolae?" 

I stop dead in my tracks, because I did not see that question coming. I slowly turn around, facing Lorie. 

"What do you mean by that, Lorie?" 

Lorie: "Nothing, but then I'll know she's packed a lot of clothes and pretty things to wear." 

I look up to the ceiling and then let my head drop. I tell Lorie that most girls have lots of clothes and pretty things to wear. Just like she does: she has an entire walk-in closet dedicated to just that. 

Lorie: "Well, I know I do, but then again I am a very pretty girl." She says, looking cheeky at me with an almost evil grin glued to her face. I look at her and agree with her. 

I smile at Lorie and turn around to leave her bedroom. I pull the door shut behind and remain still in the corridor for a moment. Then I start walking towards the guest bedroom, which happens to be located next to my room...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 12.2K 71
"She was wrong for me on so many levels. For one, she belonged to another, and could never be mine. But even I, was powerless in the face of raw sedu...
9.4K 354 33
Second Instalment of The Queen Series. Sequel to WARRIOR QUEEN. At last, Machae found her long-lost partner in crime, Kol Mikaelson, ended her decade...
260K 10.8K 49
[COMPLETED] ೋღ🌹ღೋ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring my legs up to my chest, pushing myself...
34.9M 1.3M 77
COMPLETED. "Look, if you're-" "Shut up." I was taken back at the sudden manner in which he spoke to me. "Let's get something straight Miss Greene, I...